Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Dantooine Tension

Page: 3 of 5
 Fallen Guardian
07-31-2011, 2:32 AM
Well everyone sorry for lack of updates. There is no big screen showing this time around, just here to tell you I got a new PC so I have to adjust files and get back up to modding speed. I expect to have work resumed before Friday. And trust me, next time the update will have screens and will not be the bearer of delay information.
 CptPriceless
07-31-2011, 2:34 AM
:) Awesome. Thanks for the update :D
 GeorgNihilus
07-31-2011, 11:32 AM
Goodness ... very impressive idea-mod, those new heads and outfits look amazing. I hope u won't be adding EXCESIVE new stuff u know, I think most of us already have LOTS of weapons in inventory ... :raise: use that time to finish the mod ...

Everything looks great but what I do like more is the peacekeeping militia story behind it ... :nod:

keep up the good work :thmbup1:
 Fallen Guardian
07-31-2011, 12:45 PM
:) Awesome. Thanks for the update :D

No problem.

Goodness ... very impressive idea-mod, those new heads and outfits look amazing. I hope u won't be adding EXCESIVE new stuff u know, I think most of us already have LOTS of weapons in inventory ... :raise: use that time to finish the mod ...

Everything looks great but what I do like more is the peacekeeping militia story behind it ... :nod:

keep up the good work :thmbup1:

Thank you. I'll probably hold off on doing custom items until everything else aside from voice acting is finished from now on.
 Fallen Guardian
08-05-2011, 1:27 AM
Ahah! I told you I would get to work before Friday. Well anyway, this update does bring screens and the bearer of news, but the screens come first. Also, the screens show the game in windowed mode because the in-game screenshot taker refuses to work. (Now keep in mind these screen are from a rough, pretty much first made version. I have scripts to fix, dialogue to edit, and scripts to make.)

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=744&pictureid=8403)

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=744&pictureid=8406)

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=744&pictureid=8405)

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=744&pictureid=8404)

So, now the bearer of news. I am going to be away from modding for a week because I am going on vacation. I'll still be around on Holowan just not modding. Anyways, what do you guys think of the screens?
 CptPriceless
08-05-2011, 1:47 AM
Oh no no no a delay! :O
Nah I'm just kidding. :) This looks great Fallen! Keep up the good work aite?

Have an awesome vacation :D
 Snard
08-05-2011, 1:57 AM
Looks great, though as a DLG editor of sorts, I must point out a few thing:
1: The line should read " They'll be here in bulks soon" not "in bulk".
2: The line "what the hell are you doing Twi'lek" should have a comma before the word "twi'lek. Same for "Kresh what are you doing?" There should be a comma after Kresh.
3:the line "You set off the alaram!?!" should be "You set off the alarm!?".

You're welcome for the little bit of dialogue I editted-in a way.;)

Other than those grammatical errors everything looks great.
 Fallen Guardian
08-05-2011, 2:00 AM
Oh no no no a delay! :O
Nah I'm just kidding. :) This looks great Fallen! Keep up the good work aite?

Have an awesome vacation :D

Thanks.

Looks great, though as a DLG editor of sorts, I must point out a few thing:
1: The line should read " They'll be here in bulks soon" not "in bulk".
2: The line "what the hell are you doing Twi'lek" should have a comma before the word "twi'lek. Same for "Kresh what are you doing?" There should be a comma after Kresh.
3:the line "You set off the alaram!?!" should be "You set off the alarm!?".

You're welcome for the little bit of dialogue I editted-in a way.;)

Other than those grammatical errors everything looks great.

Well, I'm pretty sure in bulk is the correct term there. I don't know how I missed the commas or the misspelling of alarm. But Snard, you missed some. When the PC says guaranteed the second time it is spelled wrong. But thank you all the same.
 Snard
08-05-2011, 12:54 PM
Ah, I did miss the spelling of guarantee.
 Fallen Guardian
08-24-2011, 2:21 AM
It's been a while since my last update. Well, I'm back to show off not something I did, but what Dak Drexl was so kind enough to model for me.

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=744&pictureid=8452)

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=744&pictureid=8451)

What do you guys think?
 LDR
08-24-2011, 10:55 AM
They look amazing! Great job Dak!
 Qui-Don Jorn
08-25-2011, 9:25 AM
You're welcome for the little bit of dialogue I editted-in a way.

Edited has only one "t". :xp:

All of this looks awesome, I may have to reinstall k1 when you're finished.
 Fallen Guardian
08-25-2011, 10:42 PM
Edited has only one "t". :xp:

All of this looks awesome, I may have to reinstall k1 when you're finished.

Thanks. I'll try to have another update soon.
 Fallen Guardian
09-06-2011, 12:45 AM
 Capibara
09-06-2011, 1:18 AM
Looks good, but it's hard to tell without knowing what the sub-quest is about :confused:
 Fallen Guardian
09-06-2011, 1:23 AM
Looks good, but it's hard to tell without knowing what the sub-quest is about :confused:

Well you can piece together a slight gist of it from 2 of the duros and the player screenshots.
 Capibara
09-06-2011, 1:33 AM
All right, here's what i got; you can report the guy's luggage as a security threat, it gets destroyed, and then you can... bully him some more? or is there some other purpose/point to the situation?
 Warlord664
09-06-2011, 8:50 AM
Nice screen shots. :thmbup1:
 TimBob12
09-06-2011, 10:57 AM
Coolios.
 LDR
09-06-2011, 4:32 PM
Nice! I see the story is progressing along smoothly.
 CptPriceless
09-06-2011, 6:26 PM
Some quality stuff Fallen :)
 Zhaboka
09-06-2011, 9:23 PM
I forsee the option to pay him off / run off on a side quest trying to make it up to him... or just kill him.

Great work!
 Fallen Guardian
09-07-2011, 1:18 AM
All right, here's what i got; you can report the guy's luggage as a security threat, it gets destroyed, and then you can... bully him some more? or is there some other purpose/point to the situation?

Sort of right, sort of wrong. I won't say anymore because that would spoil things.

Nice screen shots. :thmbup1:

Thanks.

Coolios.

Thanks.

Nice! I see the story is progressing along smoothly.

Yeah, hopefully I'll have more story-related screenies soon.

Some quality stuff Fallen :)

Thank you.

I forsee the option to pay him off / run off on a side quest trying to make it up to him... or just kill him.

Great work!

Close, and I think you gave me an idea.

And now here are some screens of a new area. Keep in mind I need new doors, the lightning needs to be fixed, and I will change some textures because they don't look to good where they are.

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=744&pictureid=8494)

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=744&pictureid=8493)

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=744&pictureid=8492)

What do you guys think?
 Warlord664
09-07-2011, 7:17 AM
:eyepop Wow! That is a very nice reskin of taris. It took me to the last pic to figure it out. Looks awesome.
 CptPriceless
09-07-2011, 8:22 PM
Ah, ditto to what Warlord said. Do a little recolor of the door and bam, Dantooine Apartment :) Keep it up Fallen!
 Zhaboka
09-07-2011, 9:19 PM
I totally agree, it looks great! The doors will cinch it.

And glad to... help...? Haha.
 Capibara
09-08-2011, 5:36 AM
Impressive! really nice.
 LDR
09-08-2011, 11:54 AM
I want you to skin for me once I start up my mods again. :xp:
 Fallen Guardian
09-09-2011, 12:12 AM
:eyepop Wow! That is a very nice reskin of taris. It took me to the last pic to figure it out. Looks awesome.

Thanks.

Ah, ditto to what Warlord said. Do a little recolor of the door and bam, Dantooine Apartment :) Keep it up Fallen!

Thanks.

I totally agree, it looks great! The doors will cinch it.

And glad to... help...? Haha.

lol. Yeah, that did seem a little weird in hindsight. And speaking of doors, I've been trying to get a custom .DWK file to work for awhile and it's never cooperated. Do any of you guys know how?

Impressive! really nice.

Thanks.

I want you to skin for me once I start up my mods again. :xp:

Thanks, I actually might be able to a little bit, just not until I'm done with this mod.

Sorry no update this post, I'll try having one tomorrow.
 Fallen Guardian
09-15-2011, 1:57 AM
Everytime I say I'll have an update tomorrow it usually doesn't happen. Well, I was intending to post a new update with screenshots today but it's late, I have two tests tomorrow and I'm too lazy. So anyway, as an update I've pretty much finished placing and making the .UTC's for one of the modules, and interestingly enough while playing through Kotor 1 again I did that little murder investigation with Bolook instead of just running off like I normally do. It turns out there a spaceport by the name of Garang spaceport with an Aratech shipping base in it. Since it doesn't go into any greater depth than that I believe I'll be using that as the spaceport in my mod. So, in closing, new spaceport name and screenshots will be posted tomorrow.
 LDR
09-15-2011, 6:48 PM
Heh, that reminds me a bit of myself. :xp:
 Fallen Guardian
09-16-2011, 2:23 AM
@LDR lol

Now I said I'd have screenshots today, and well I don't.....BUT here's something that's better hopefully.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfkh6HBGqKU)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlWeVKtBSIE)

What do you guys think?
 LDR
09-16-2011, 5:46 AM
Congrats on the movies! But I'm just wondering, why no Ebon Hawk? :xp:
 Warlord664
09-16-2011, 7:12 AM
Completely awesome! A litttle bit of a jump down when its leaving the hanger bay at 0:12 but those videos videos were great (most people just slice up the old ones)
 newbiemodder
09-16-2011, 9:00 AM
Great job FG! Good sound, nice visuals.
 Dak Drexl
09-16-2011, 2:21 PM
Was that all done in-game or what? I'm really impressed dude.
 Fallen Guardian
09-16-2011, 6:20 PM
Congrats on the movies! But I'm just wondering, why no Ebon Hawk? :xp:

Thanks, and you'll have to play the mod to find that out LDR.

Completely awesome! A litttle bit of a jump down when its leaving the hanger bay at 0:12 but those videos videos were great (most people just slice up the old ones)

Thanks. I did see that jump, I should be able to fix it quite easily.

Great job FG! Good sound, nice visuals.

Thanks, and thanks to SH for giving me a lot of the ship sound effects.

Was that all done in-game or what? I'm really impressed dude.

Yeah, it's those ships that take off and land in the Mannan docking bay area. I warped to my custom skinned module and recorded it from three different angles, edited them together, added the sound and music and I was done. And thanks for the compliment Dak.

Anyways, thanks all for your comments and I hope to have another update later tonight.
 Sith Holocron
09-16-2011, 7:15 PM
Thanks. I did see that jump, I should be able to fix it quite easily.
One that I don't have to mention then. Love the music choice.

. . . and thanks to SH for giving me a lot of the ship sound effects.

You're welcome.

A thought - as long as you're redoing the second video - just cut right before the "jump" and maybe shoot the rest from this angle?

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e83/scarletguard/Knights%20of%20the%20Old%20Republic/ManaanbyDarth_Sith44.jpg)
 Fallen Guardian
09-16-2011, 7:25 PM
Thanks, and that's a good idea, I'll see about doing it. In all reality I just placed my PC and two other party members at different points and recorded it from their first person views. I'll see about placing an actual camera out to a point like that.
 Sith Holocron
09-16-2011, 7:35 PM
You'll probably have to re-texture the outside of the hangar to match your new hangar look. I always seem to add more work to modders. (It's a gift of mine.)
 newbiemodder
09-16-2011, 8:00 PM
Yeah, it's those ships that take off and land in the Mannan docking bay area. I warped to my custom skinned module and recorded it from three different angles, edited them together, added the sound and music and I was done.

Pretty smart. :thmbup1:
 Fallen Guardian
09-16-2011, 9:47 PM
You'll probably have to re-texture the outside of the hangar to match your new hangar look. I always seem to add more work to modders. (It's a gift of mine.)

:D But no, I didn't have to do anything like that.

Pretty smart. :thmbup1:

Thanks.

Here's the new version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXmUVmKkDVg)

What do you guys think?

Now, after doing this I have two questions.

One: How come whenever I place cameras their orientation usually shifts and becomes way off?

Second: I am horrible at making custom doors, could anyone either go in depth on it with me or just make them for me?
 newbiemodder
09-16-2011, 9:53 PM
One: How come whenever I place cameras their orientation usually shifts and becomes way off?

For me, placeable cameras are always trial and error. It seems I always figure the orientation is rotating the opposite way it really is. I don't know.

New cut looks great.
 LDR
09-16-2011, 10:27 PM
The videos look pretty awesome. Once again, great job FG!
 CptPriceless
09-16-2011, 11:10 PM
D*YAMN! That was some sexy animation fallen! :D I thought dantooine tension would be a small addon to kotor but this is just epic man! LOVE IT!
 Qui-Gon Glenn
09-17-2011, 2:42 PM
Impressive! :vadar:

Most Impressive!

:lightning

Now... you have done something I wouldn't know where to begin with :D
 Fallen Guardian
09-17-2011, 7:29 PM
The videos look pretty awesome. Once again, great job FG!

Thanks.

For me, placeable cameras are always trial and error. It seems I always figure the orientation is rotating the opposite way it really is. I don't know.

New cut looks great.

Yeah, it seems to me whoever designed the orientation of cameras at Bioware was a little crazy.

D*YAMN! That was some sexy animation fallen! :D I thought dantooine tension would be a small addon to kotor but this is just epic man! LOVE IT!

Thanks.

Impressive! :vadar:

Most Impressive!

:lightning

Now... you have done something I wouldn't know where to begin with :D

Thanks, now comes the nightmare of converting it into a BIK and putting it in-game.

Anyway, as I strive to have at the least one update a week here is a new update. It's your party members interacting with the scene. Now in this scene you'll be forced to bring a custom party member so you'll only be able to have one normal party member due to the story of the sidequest but anyway here's a few of the lines:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgD4UpCWffk)

Now I still need lip files and I need to fine tune some of the sound edits, but otherwise what do you think?
 jonathan7
09-17-2011, 7:43 PM
Good work on the video's fallen, they look good!
 Fallen Guardian
09-20-2011, 9:58 PM
Not really an update with screenshots, (I'll try to have on tomorrow or today) Anyways, as I fixed my hexed module (I accidentally missed the mdx extension on one file) But something weird happened, this has also happened with one of my other modules.

http://i56.tinypic.com/1zg5btc.jpg)

I don't know what's going wrong, I've made sure all the models are there, and as you can see I can actually run through it. Anyone know what's going on?
 Dak Drexl
09-20-2011, 10:45 PM
You must have missed some lightmaps - that's the only thing I can think of.
Page: 3 of 5