Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Dantooine Tension

Page: 4 of 5
 Canderis
09-20-2011, 11:00 PM
You must have missed some lightmaps - that's the only thing I can think of.

That.
 CptPriceless
09-21-2011, 12:23 AM
Not really an update with screenshots, (I'll try to have on tomorrow or today) Anyways, as I fixed my hexed module (I accidentally missed the mdx extension on one file) But something weird happened, this has also happened with one of my other modules.

http://i56.tinypic.com/1zg5btc.jpg)

I don't know what's going wrong, I've made sure all the models are there, and as you can see I can actually run through it. Anyone know what's going on?

This might also have something to do with your graphics card Fallen. I have the exact same - if not extremely similar - graphics card as you (I'm assuming from your previous graphic issues) and I have these all the time on Dantooine (some cliffsides sometimes go missing, sometimes they come back). Hmm, but it's just an assumption, not a modder's tip. :/
 Fallen Guardian
09-21-2011, 12:35 AM
No, it's never happened to any areas except my custom ones.
 Fallen Guardian
09-25-2011, 7:43 PM
You must have missed some lightmaps - that's the only thing I can think of.

That.

Alright, I'll look into it.

Thanks for your replies guys. (I actually scrolled through them and didn't read them when I replied to Cpt's post. :eek:)

Well anyway, here's a new update: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tvy477k8SdI) (Youtube will probably not become the regular update system, but it may be for the next two or three updates)

Now, yes that desk was horribly oriented and I have to change some of the background noises, adjust some alien voice files, and put in lip files for some alien lines but other than that what do you guys think?
 Warlord664
09-25-2011, 9:19 PM
It was realy good! I saw a spelling error though (I would think you'd be a little "edy" too if your child was butchered and then thrown into the fire that was burning away your livelihood!) Ty for the update FG.
 Phildevil
09-25-2011, 10:48 PM
It was realy good! I saw a spelling error though (I would think you'd be a little "edy" too if your child was butchered and then thrown into the fire that was burning away your livelihood!) Ty for the update FG.

That.
 jonathan7
09-26-2011, 12:23 AM
Great work so far FG, some really good stuff there, the only points I'd make your already aware of (lip sink and background noises).
 Lordjedi
09-26-2011, 1:32 AM
I just went through this thread, it looks AWESOME. Really looking forward to trying this out.
 Fallen Guardian
09-26-2011, 2:00 AM

Yeah, I haven't edited the dialogue yet, but thanks.

That.

Thanks.

Great work so far FG, some really good stuff there, the only points I'd make your already aware of (lip sink and background noises).

Thanks j7.

I just went through this thread, it looks AWESOME. Really looking forward to trying this out.

Thanks, always good to have another person following the mod. Anyway, as I said I will be having more updates more regularly but they all won't be screenshot and/or video updates. Some will just be telling you a little of what I'm doing because 1. The screenshots would be of .2da, .UTC, .UTI , etc files 2. It's plot critical or it's been shown before.

So, anyway, the update is I've been working on fixing many things that were wrong with one of the screenshot bunches that had a blue twi'lek in it and all seems to be going well. Also, I've finally FINALLY figured out how to make custom doors so I can't walk through them. Kudos goes to Dak Drexl for finding the thread that had the answers for me.
 tmandoo
09-26-2011, 8:33 PM
That Twi'lek says so much, yet is actually ssaying so little. "Yeah, what?" -minute long twi'lek speak-
 Fallen Guardian
09-26-2011, 8:48 PM
Yes, I know. I said I'd fix that.

UPDATE: I'm currently stopping jumping back and forth along the storyline of the mod and I'm going to work chronologically, finishing up each area until moving to the next. (We'll see how long that lasts)
 Fallen Guardian
10-12-2011, 12:55 AM
Well, still no updates worthy of screenshots. I've been busy continuing to work chronologically but I've hit a few snags and sometimes when your modding on a roll and you hit a snag, you tend to stay stuck. This weekend I hope to unstick myself, so to speak.
 Qui-Gon Glenn
10-13-2011, 7:55 PM
I will be hanging around the forums this weekend, testing my scripts for FFK1 and working on a few things, so maybe we can work out the door issue for once and for all. Assuming that is still the snag you are talking about.... I hoped that I might have fixed that for you with the latest post in the Script Shack.

Anyway, don't add any pressure to yourself! You are doing great work in a timely manner :D
 Fallen Guardian
10-13-2011, 8:57 PM
Thanks. Actually the snag I was talking about is a bit different and involves scripts as well as other things. I still have yet to test out your script and I'll let you know what happens when I do test it out either tonight or tomorrow.
 Fallen Guardian
10-15-2011, 2:53 PM
Alright, I have a new update with screenshots this time. I've reskinned one of the cut modules....I'll let you figure out which one.

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=744&pictureid=8589)

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=744&pictureid=8592)
Now in this picture I realized one of the flaws of this area was half of it was almost entirely devoted to one texture. I'll try figuring out a way to make it look better.

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=744&pictureid=8591)
I need to fix the white and yellow part that is mixed in with the wires.

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=744&pictureid=8590)

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=744&pictureid=8593)
And now here is an issue with lightmapping I believe....If any of you know what the issue is and how to fix it, it would be much appreciated if you let me know. Also the reason that the screen behind the desk is multiplied is several times is due to the fact bioware originally intended the texture to be a static a screen. I'll fix it up with something else then what is there now.

What do you guys think?
 Scorge
10-15-2011, 3:02 PM
That looks awesome.
 Qui-Gon Glenn
Looks pretty great! This is a cut module? It certainly does NOT look familiar, so that is always cool. The slatted-wood look is a little overwhelming, and as you mentioned the desk seems oddly lit, with nonsensical shadow happening.

All in all, I think it will be an excellent addition to the mod!
 jonathan7
They look really good Fallen, very in keeping with the Jedi Enclave that we visit in K1, am I to presume these are connected the Jedi Enclave?
 Fallen Guardian
10-15-2011, 3:10 PM
That looks awesome.

Thanks.

Looks pretty great! This is a cut module? It certainly does NOT look familiar, so that is always cool. The slatted-wood look is a little overwhelming, and as you mentioned the desk seems oddly lit, with nonsensical shadow happening.

All in all, I think it will be an excellent addition to the mod!

Thanks. It seems about two textures dominate the area so I'll see if I can't use different skins on the same texture.

They look really good Fallen, very in keeping with the Jedi Enclave that we visit in K1, am I to presume these are connected the Jedi Enclave?

Thanks j7, but nope, not connected to the Enclave. It's actually the beginning module of the spaceport with the female Twi'lek receptionist seen early in the thread. (Page 4 I believe) That spaceport started off as just being completely made up by me, but playing through Kotor again when I did Bolook's murder investigation it talks about the Garang Spaceport on Dantooine and since you never visit it in the vanilla game, I decided to make this spaceport that spaceport. However, those pictures aren't really any good anymore because I'll most likely cut that module and move it into this one.
 Zhaboka
10-15-2011, 3:55 PM
That looks like the cut Vulkar base module to me. I could be way off, though. Amazing job! The desk does look very strange, yes, but that's the only weak bit. Solid work otherwise.

EDIT: Fairly sure I was wrong about this being the Vulkar base... I'm just confused now, haha.
 LDR
10-15-2011, 10:14 PM
That looks like the cut area from Dreshdae, correct?
 Fallen Guardian
10-15-2011, 10:46 PM
That looks like the cut Vulkar base module to me. I could be way off, though. Amazing job! The desk does look very strange, yes, but that's the only weak bit. Solid work otherwise.

EDIT: Fairly sure I was wrong about this being the Vulkar base... I'm just confused now, haha.

Thanks, I found a way to get around the desk and the way I'm fixing it may actually work better with the plot.

That looks like the cut area from Dreshdae, correct?

You'd be right.
 Sith Holocron
10-16-2011, 7:09 AM
Nice to see unused areas being re-purposed. Once you fix the desk, it'll be great!

Just to comment on an earlier post - regarding the takeoff from Garang Spaceport . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXmUVmKkDVg)

Any chance that might be able to have the ship fly up and away when leaving the bay rather than aiming it down? Unless you have the landing pad building way up high in the air, it looks a bit like it's just falling off the landing pad as it currently stands. As Dantooine is a farm world, it might be odd to have an airport set up that way. (I'd think most of the buildings might be only one or two floors high there.)
 LDR
10-16-2011, 12:07 PM
Well, I just think that's just how the Sith freighter (from the Manaan modules) takes off. The animations made it that way. But I still agree nonetheless.
 Fallen Guardian
10-16-2011, 12:08 PM
Nice to see unused areas being re-purposed. Once you fix the desk, it'll be great!

Just to comment on an earlier post - regarding the takeoff from Garang Spaceport . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXmUVmKkDVg)

Any chance that might be able to have the ship fly up and away when leaving the bay rather than aiming it down? Unless you have the landing pad building way up high in the air, it looks a bit like it's just falling off the landing pad as it currently stands. As Dantooine is a farm world, it might be odd to have an airport set up that way. (I'd think most if the building might be only one or two floors high there.)

I never thought of that actually, good job SH. I should be able to fix it easily.
 Fallen Guardian
10-17-2011, 12:06 AM
Alrighty, now I don't have a response to you as of yet SH, but I have created a new character....

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=744&pictureid=8596)

What do you guys think?
 Capibara
10-17-2011, 3:29 AM
Looks good, but what is that stuff on the nose?

(also, maybe change the armor; purple guy with yellow/gold armor = quite flashy, imo)
 Qui-Gon Glenn
10-17-2011, 4:45 AM
Looks like a nice sabre-scar across the bridge of his sniffer! Interesting, not the handsomest dude I have ever seen, but unique and detailed!
 Rinku
10-17-2011, 8:51 AM

Looks like a nice sabre-scar across the bridge of his sniffer!

That's what it looks like to me. Nice work so far Fallen. You are definitely keeping the overall Dantooine feel with these area reskins :)
 CptPriceless
10-17-2011, 2:24 PM
Wow Fallen, this is simply awesome! :) Keep it up!
 Fallen Guardian
10-17-2011, 10:44 PM

(also, maybe change the armor; purple guy with yellow/gold armor = quite flashy, imo)

Thanks, and the armor is not permanent. Just something besides undies to slap on for a screenshot.

Looks like a nice sabre-scar across the bridge of his sniffer! Interesting, not the handsomest dude I have ever seen, but unique and detailed!

Thanks. I was going for more of a wrinkled veteran type look with this head, so he definitley wouldn't fall under the category of 'handsome' :lol:

That's what it looks like to me. Nice work so far Fallen. You are definitely keeping the overall Dantooine feel with these area reskins :)

Thanks.

Wow Fallen, this is simply awesome! :) Keep it up!

Thanks.

And now for a little update: I've started populating the reskinned module you see above and so far so good. I always anticipated doors to be a lot harder to place than they actually were.
 Fallen Guardian
10-23-2011, 1:55 AM
 TimBob12
10-23-2011, 4:43 AM
Looks a bit like the sniper out of republic commando
 LDR
10-23-2011, 12:46 PM
I LOVE the 3rd screenie. A giant green blob heading towards a Dark Jedi. :xp:
 Phildevil
10-23-2011, 12:47 PM
I think the Dark Jedi in last SS is getting impaled :D
 Zhaboka
10-23-2011, 2:37 PM
Holy cow, Dak! How do you DO that?

The muzzle flashes are a little... goofy, haha.
 Dak Drexl
10-23-2011, 2:55 PM
Love that last screenshot! But yeah, the muzzle flashes look like snot balls haha.

Edit: And yes it's based on the Republic Commando sniper, not exactly the same though. Glad you picked up on that :)
 Fallen Guardian
10-23-2011, 3:32 PM
Looks a bit like the sniper out of republic commando

Yep.

I LOVE the 3rd screenie. A giant green blob heading towards a Dark Jedi. :xp:

Thanks, the blob of green is actually edited in....That's why it looks so bad.

I think the Dark Jedi in last SS is getting impaled :D

Dark Jedi spitted and roasted over a fire....

Holy cow, Dak! How do you DO that?

The muzzle flashes are a little... goofy, haha.

Muzzle flashes or blaster bolts? The bolt was edited in, and I've attempted to make it blue but have failed so far...

Love that last screenshot! But yeah, the muzzle flashes look like snot balls haha.

Thanks for the modeling them Dak.
 Warlord664
10-23-2011, 7:17 PM
They look awesome dak! Ty for the update FG!
 Fallen Guardian
10-23-2011, 9:43 PM
They look awesome dak! Ty for the update FG!

No problem.

Small update......Just what I've done populating so far...

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=744&pictureid=8626)

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=744&pictureid=8625)

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=744&pictureid=8624)

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=744&pictureid=8623)

For some reason the Selkath won't sit down, and the random chair is meant for a pazaak player which I'll place later on.
 Capibara
10-23-2011, 10:32 PM
The weapons i don't like, their style clashes with kotor's weapon style so they look like they don't belong and out of place.

As for the populated areas: fantastic! i love the look and feel of the area and seeing it populated makes me want to play it asap. :)
 CptPriceless
10-23-2011, 10:33 PM
Wow... This is just... Woah... Hahah, sorry Fallen... I'm just speechless :D
 Fallen Guardian
10-23-2011, 10:49 PM
The weapons i don't like, their style clashes with kotor's weapon style so they look like they don't belong and out of place.

As for the populated areas: fantastic! i love the look and feel of the area and seeing it populated makes me want to play it asap. :)

Well that's the beauty of Kotor....You don't have to use them.

And thanks.

Wow... This is just... Woah... Hahah, sorry Fallen... I'm just speechless :D

Thanks.

Small update, this skin is basically fresh out of gimp so any rough edges you see will be smoothed out...

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=744&pictureid=8628)
 Phildevil
10-23-2011, 11:08 PM
The shirt reminds me of a shirt version of Sion's torso...
 Fallen Guardian
10-23-2011, 11:32 PM
The shirt reminds me of a shirt version of Sion's torso...

Sion's torso eh?

Anyway, SH, I've got your update for you...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80hkhb4I1Us)
 Dak Drexl
10-24-2011, 12:28 AM

Since when does anybody like the the kotor weapon style? ;)

Modules looking really good FG, looks like a serious stronghold of some kind.
 Warlord664
10-24-2011, 7:24 AM
Very nice! I really do love thoughs area reskins!
 Fallen Guardian
10-24-2011, 8:28 PM

Modules looking really good FG, looks like a serious stronghold of some kind.

Thanks

Very nice! I really do love thoughs area reskins!

Thanks.

Small update as I may not get to any modding today.....I just realized a fatal blunder in my youtube video posted above, and once I correct I will be taking down that video and posting a new one. As for modules and such, my work continues to progress on that module you see above and once I have everyone placed and their waypoints and stuff sorted out I'll move onto dialogues.
 Capibara
10-25-2011, 2:46 AM

Hah, fair enough. (Personally, i never had a problem with them)

But even though the weapons do look nice in themselves, adding only those two and leaving the rest of the default weapons in, will only serve to make those two stand out and scream "modded!".

Anyway i already got the 'don't use it if...' line so... :indif:
 Fallen Guardian
11-07-2011, 10:58 PM
Well, it's been some time since I posted on here and I really haven't gotten to any modding worth mentioning aside from hex-editing the above seen module. I'll try getting some stuff done this weekend but we'll see how it goes.
Page: 4 of 5