Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

[TSL] New Planet: Cathalan

Page: 3 of 4
 Zhaboka
06-09-2011, 9:37 PM
That's awesome! If you need any more VOs, feel free to PM me, I can do different voices. :)
 Snard
06-10-2011, 2:35 AM
This looks like it will be a great planet mod. From the screenshots it looks very professional. Could you maybe give us some screenies of the BINK movies?
 The Doctor
06-10-2011, 11:40 PM
Nice to see you're approaching completion, mate. Definitely excited to play it through.

If the grammar/spelling Nazi in me may poke his head out for a brief moment though... In the line of dialogue in the first screencap, the word should be spelled "interference", not "interferance".
 LDR
06-11-2011, 12:16 PM
Ah, another fellow Grammar Nazi I see!

If you want some VO's, Jaevyn, just PM me. Congrats on only having one area remaining!
 logan23
06-11-2011, 12:45 PM
The mod looks great!

One question I have is with the orange NPCs, will the lighting in the modules be tweaked to match the npc's color. It looks like you want to give the planet it's own atmosphere color scheme which is cool. =)

Keep up the amazing work!
 TimBob12
06-11-2011, 1:18 PM
I think he said earlier that is just the way his pc takes screenshots. He can correct me on that though if he wants.
 Snard
06-24-2011, 3:44 PM
How the mod going? I havent seen any replies for a while.
 Jaevyn
06-27-2011, 6:54 PM
How the mod going? I havent seen any replies for a while.

It's going steady, but well. I'm currently sorting through the scripts as well as sending the mod off to some friends for testing, so it might be some time before I post an update. Basically I want to get everything absolutely right so I don't have to post patches for the mod.
 Sith Holocron
06-27-2011, 10:36 PM
Have any droids in your mod with speaking parts? I'd love to voice one for you.
 Snard
06-27-2011, 10:40 PM
Have any droids in your mod with speaking parts? I'd love to voice one for you.

Ha, yeah great job voicing M4-78. Why do you like voicing droids so much?

Also i cant wait for this mod it looks great, make sure to make it compatible with the popular mods.
 Jaevyn
06-29-2011, 6:22 PM
Lol, yeah great job voicing M4-78:). Why do you like voicing droids so much?

Also i cant wait for this mod it looks great. Also make sure to make it compatible with the popular mods.

I have a further update along those lines with what the mod will be compatible with:

This game is installed using the TSLPatcher to ensure maximum compatibility with other mods. That being said, the planetary scripts may clash with other planet mods out there, so with this in mind I’ve tried to make those files as compatible as possible. Below are the major mods and their status with this mod:

Coruscant (Jedi Temple) by DeathDisco - COMPATIBLE
Droid Planet (M4-78) by DStoney64 - MOSTLY COMPATIBLE*
Korriban Expansion (part one) by NewbieModder - COMPATIBLE
Ultimate Saber Mod (USM) by ChAiNz, D333, Sep, Svцsh and T7nowhere -COMPATIBLE

After installing this mod, use a saved game prior to leaving Telos, or else the planetary information required to access the new planet will not work. This is due to the saved game information, which remembers the galaxy map details.

Also keep in mind that this mod will be large, on the order of 200MB's in size, so you'll need a bit of space to fit it, as well as patience when downloading it.

__________________________________________________ _______________

*I’ve tried to make m4-78 appear in the planetary, but it has only been partially successful. I’ve made it so that you can access m4-78 through the Ebon Hawk security system (secsys.dlg).
 Snard
06-30-2011, 2:55 PM
make sure you make it compatible with TSLRCM 1.7 and 1.8 when it comes out.

Also, do you need any help with the mod? I could voice for you or help with skinning.
 Jaevyn
07-20-2011, 4:19 AM
Another announcement! Yes I know it has been some time, but I was not going to push my last module through until everything in the mod in my eyes was absolutely perfect. Well, now it is!

All the modules and skinning are complete, leaving just the lipsynch files, a small number of voice overs and beta testing to be done. I already have two people who are testing the mod, and I'll be expanding it to five people within two weeks. This means if you wish to be a tester now is your opportunity to apply.

Two out of five testing positions are already filled, so only another three remain. To be a tester, discretion is an absolute priority. I don't want any of the storylines or screenshots leaking out, especially as the former may wreck the playing experience for others when the mod is released in about a months time or so. Just send me a message that you are wishing to be considered. I will not inform the public as to who the testers are in order to make sure that they aren't bugged to leak information. Now for an update:

SKINNING: DONE
MODULE CREATION: DONE
LIPSYNCH: 10%
TESTING: 10%
VOICE OVERS: 80%

I'll post up some screenshots later on.
 Warlord664
07-20-2011, 7:17 AM
It looks like your getting realy close to finishing. Great job for sticking to it Jaevyn. it all looks great!
 The Doctor
07-23-2011, 6:10 PM
I know Snard already mentioned it, but you never gave any response... will this be compatible with the TSLRCM?
 darthtyren
07-23-2011, 6:52 PM
Do you need any help in finishing it up?
 Jaevyn
07-23-2011, 8:37 PM
I know Snard already mentioned it, but you never gave any response... will this be compatible with the TSLRCM?

Yes it will be since it uses very few files that TSLRCM uses, and will be installed using TSLPatcher for maximum compatibility with other mods.

Do you need any help in finishing it up?

Most of the work has already been completed, it's just polishing up a few scripts and files, as well as testing. I will be able to manage that without any additional help. Thanks for the offer all the same however. :)
 Jaevyn
08-09-2011, 12:28 AM
Two rather large announcements concerning the project, which is why I am putting this in another post, as I don't want people to miss these.

Firstly since I'm so close now to the end, a release date for the mod has been finalised. The mod will be released on the 7th of September (NZST - New Zealand Standard Time), so make room for over 200 megabytes, as you'll need all that space to fit the bits and pieces of the mod in.

Secondly, the first beta round of testing has been completed, a special thanks to all my beta testers. The next round of testing will be with all the bits of the mod (music, lipsynch, voice-overs ect), and will be based less on error checking and more on compatibility and mod feel. If you wish to sign up then do so, I have no limit on testing positions now.

There will be two release packs as follows, Standard and Gold editions. The Standard Edition will contain all the features I've mentioned in earlier posts. The Gold Edition will contain all the aspects of the standard edition with a few extras, they are as follows:

- Source files: all the NSS files I created
- A Guide to Making your own Planet: my own look at how to make a successful mod and a few ground rules on how to make such a mod smoother and easier.
- The Annals of Corvelle: A detailed voice log by Cathalan historian Corvelle on the history of Cathalan.

NOTE: The Gold Edition will be available to those who helped me make this mod ONLY. It is a way to thank them for their time and effort.
 CptPriceless
08-09-2011, 12:33 AM
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! !!!!!! :D
 Fallen Guardian
08-09-2011, 12:45 AM
Sounds great. Although, I do think you should allow everyone to have access to the gold edition. I for one, would really like to see your guide on planet building, and source scripts will definitely come in handy to a lot of modders.
 darthtyren
08-09-2011, 6:57 AM
Sounds great. Although, I do think you should allow everyone to have access to the gold edition. I for one, would really like to see your guide on planet building, and source scripts will definitely come in handy to a lot of modders.

I second that.
 Warlord664
08-09-2011, 7:27 AM
Only a month to go! Great work jaevyn! Can't wait for it!!

and as for the gold edition i think it would be nice to have it but thats jaevyns choice. I think thats a cool way to thank the people who helped him make the mod. I will be here in september.
 Canderis
08-09-2011, 8:28 AM
Are you still in need of VOs? I can voice anyone who wears a helmet.
 logan23
08-09-2011, 9:34 AM
Great job and giving a release date, bravo :)
The mod looks great!
Would love to test it but schedule is bit book :(

With the extras in the gold edition I would say if you did release any of it to the public I would say only items to aid others on planet building since I can only imagine how many people will now be pming you for advice. But if done I would say wait a bit after the release if you do release it.

Look forward to playing the game and must say you have done an excellent job in keeping players informed in a very professional way :)

Logan
 Dark_Ansem
08-09-2011, 9:53 AM
excellent stuff. subscribing to this thread.
 Jaevyn
08-09-2011, 8:52 PM
I second that.

While you may second that, there would be no point in releasing a Standard edition if everyone could access the Gold edition. The Gold Edition is there primarily as a way to thank those who helped me make the mod. I will consider releasing my planet making guide to the wider community though.
 Qui-Gon Glenn
08-09-2011, 11:01 PM
While you may second that, there would be no point in releasing a Standard edition if everyone could access the Gold edition. The Gold Edition is there primarily as a way to thank those who helped me make the mod. I will consider releasing my planet making guide to the wider community though.

It is an innovation in modding to have this sort of release, at least publicly. Nevertheless, I like it.

However, I must third Fallen Guardian in re:Planet Making. This is a nice thing for the Gold Edition, but is really a tremendous resource for a stalwart but somewhat (understandably so, all things considered) shrinking community. I can say, as one who has built a shabby planet full of cobwebs and broken things, that planet building on a KotOR scale is a face-load of work. Your ability throughout the project has been well demonstrated; share the learning and insight you have gained with the old-timer's and the n00bs - we will all benefit to our own measure.

BTW - there is no onus on you to make the guide simple ;)
 newbiemodder
08-09-2011, 11:20 PM
I find it kind of amazing that you completed a mod of this size in a years time
 Dark_Ansem
08-10-2011, 2:13 AM
While I respect your decision for 2 editions, I believe that the NSS and Planet-building guide should be released, for the benefit of community. I won't argue about the extra lore content, tho, that is only for you to decide.
 90SK
08-10-2011, 2:20 AM
Agreeable on the guide, obviously a fair bit of work in its own but commendable for what it would add to the possibilities for future generations of mods. Your screenshots looks beautiful and atmospheric, I'm sure your mod will be a success :)
 darthtyren
08-10-2011, 6:24 AM

That is all I meant. Others have said it quite well that the planet making guide would be a fantastic asset to have for mods like this.
 Jaevyn
08-10-2011, 10:23 PM
AN UPDATE:

The "making your planet" guide will be released with the standard issue. Remember to download the Annals of Corvelle. The FIRST report in the Annals of Corvelle will be available for the public to download as of this moment. You can find it right here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FF3PIZV5).

The other four reports will be for the Gold Edition only.

-Jaevyn-
 CrisG
08-10-2011, 11:15 PM
Jaevyn congratulations on a project conceived, carried thru and almost ready for release with a balanced and very creative feel to all you have shared. Thanks for honouring the community and for adding to the depth of the game and the potential for future work with your planet making Guide that was a very nice decision to share it. thanks again...and I Hope your studies and school work continue well as well.
 LDR
08-11-2011, 12:21 PM
Hey, I almost finished the beta. Congrats on the near-release!

Also, did you voice Corvelle, by any chance? He speaks with a New Zealand/Australian accent, and you live in New Zealand.
 Jaevyn
08-11-2011, 6:24 PM
Hey, I almost finished the beta. Congrats on the near-release!

Also, did you voice Corvelle, by any chance? He speaks with a New Zealand/Australian accent, and you live in New Zealand.

You are observant. Yes I did voice Corvelle in my natural voice (although I can change my accent with some effort).
 Zhaboka
08-15-2011, 3:53 PM
Hope your works goes speedily. If you end up needing random VOs at the end to smooth things out, don't hesitate to PM me.
 Jaevyn
08-18-2011, 6:36 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcSOC16NhKY) Trailer for Cathalan released! I hope you enjoy :)
 Warlord664
08-18-2011, 6:49 PM
Great video Jaevyn! You've realy done a great job with every thing!
 CptPriceless
08-18-2011, 6:53 PM
^^^

:D
 Dark_Ansem
08-19-2011, 2:10 AM
dead gran in trailer=new subscriber to channel!
 Snard
08-19-2011, 3:47 PM
dead gran in trailer=new subscriber to channel!

Ansem you're so weird...

Anyways, great trailer Jaevyn. I hope the mod is as good as the trailer looks.
 Dark_Ansem
08-19-2011, 5:06 PM
personal hatred for Gran after Pazaak den scene - bug :P
the trailer is very intriguing. I like the choice of color for this planet. lots of red and scariness.
 Jaevyn
08-31-2011, 7:47 AM
Just one little tidbit before the mod is released in about a week's time, a pazaak card that was not used in the game, but remained as an unclaimable KOTOR 2 item is coming exclusively to the mod! How you get it is something I'll leave you to discover.

http://i.imgur.com/Ri0e7.png)

With only a few voice overs and lipsynch files still to be done, the release for the 7th of September is all but assured.
 Warlord664
09-07-2011, 7:22 AM
Its the 7th of september! YAY! Can't wait for release! (note that if you happend to change when you release it thats totally fine) You did a wonderful job with every thing jaevyn!
 Jaevyn
09-07-2011, 5:59 PM
The mod has been released! Just head over the the Taris Upper City Emporium to check it out :)
 Warlord664
09-07-2011, 6:13 PM
Downloading now. :) Ty.

Hmm...I click install mod and it brings up an error heres what it says. "Error: Unhandled exception: Cannot create file "C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\SWKotOR2\dialog.tlk". The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process (0)"

Anyone know how to fix this?
 LDR
09-08-2011, 11:55 AM
Jaevyn! I'm so very excited! Once I get to my cousin's house, I'll make it a top priority to play it!
 Sith Holocron
09-09-2011, 6:14 AM
Just one little tidbit before the mod is released in about a week's time, a pazaak card that was not used in the game, but remained as an unclaimable KOTOR 2 item is coming exclusively to the mod! How you get it is something I'll leave you to discover.

http://i.imgur.com/Ri0e7.png)

I'll have to point this cut content out to the TSLRCM folks. I think they missed this.
 Phildevil
09-09-2011, 1:15 PM
Uh, I think I've seen this in TSL RCM... could be mistaken though...
 Jaevyn
09-09-2011, 9:39 PM
Uh, I think I've seen this in TSL RCM... could be mistaken though...

I have TSLRCM and I can tell you that it is not present in it.
Page: 3 of 4