Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The Return to Dantooine and The Search for Survivors

Page: 2 of 2
 logan23
11-11-2010, 6:46 PM
Hey,

The mod is not dead but on hold right now. We plan to have it start up during the winter break.

thanks for the support!

Logan
 Darth_Calo
11-13-2010, 5:28 PM
yes, as Logan stated, the mod is not dead. I have been unable to log in to LucasForums to update you all. as of now it is still on hold, and I remain optimistic that it will be completed. however, no timetable is in place. in short, it will be done :wid:
 darthbdaman
11-23-2010, 6:48 PM
 Slstoev
11-24-2010, 2:01 PM
Of course he knows that it was originally in the game. That's the point of the mod to be being made - to be able to revisit Dantooine after the Sith attack.
 Rtas Vadum
11-24-2010, 3:20 PM
EDIT: and for the record the medal scene takes place on the Unknown World Temple, on a balcony that is visible but not accessible in the game. (you can see the architechture is identical to the Rakata temple exterior and if you look carefully you can see the markers for the area transitions on the area around the temple

Perhaps the area which that scene occurs in could be the opposite side of the Temple, but more likely, its the Temple Exterior area that you are able to get to in game. The same fallen Obelisk is present when the scene opens, that is there when you first see the ramp.

Of course he knows that it was originally in the game. That's the point of the mod to be being made - to be able to revisit Dantooine after the Sith attack.

It probably was something BioWare intended, but scraped for some reason. Due to the way most of those pictures look(like Bastila's head model being, well, not as good as the one in game), they are likely from the Beta version of the game, or the one were the GUI looked closer to Jade Empire's. That, and I doubt BioWare did much to the Academy itself(due to the way the area around it looks just as pristine as it does in the games).
 Darth_Calo
11-24-2010, 4:27 PM
if it's in the game, I wasn't aware of it. and, further, the story line of this mod has nothing to do with any potential plot of a pre-existing feature in the game. i know that sounds like a cut and paste disclaimer but i merely desired to add a feature I was never aware of to the game to expand and enhance your experience. if you dont like it, then by all means dont use it.
 Zhaboka
11-24-2010, 6:42 PM
Well, I LOVE it! Keep up the good work!
 Darth_Calo
11-24-2010, 7:18 PM
Well, I LOVE it! Keep up the good work!

thank you, Zhaboka! glad to see there's a fan out there.
 Gatherum
11-29-2010, 4:09 AM
Voted Other: Sherruk (or some personification of him: clone, cybernetic reconstruction, illusory apparition, etc). Just because Sherruk, as short as his screentime was, was a badass, and probably the most difficult foe in the game, at least when you first meet him.

Might I also suggest, if you're going to feature a younger Terena Adare, and if you haven't thought of it already, that you also feature Azkul. He was a Sith Commando and part of a Special Forces detachment during the Jedi Civil War, but no further details are given regarding where he was stationed, meaning that you could probably have some fun with him. If you're so inclined, you can place him in there as a formidable antagonist that the PC must fight, but fail to kill, only resulting in the loss of his left eye.

It is also possible that Dopak could make an appearance, as he was a veteran of both the Mandalorian Wars and the Jedi Civil War, but what sides he fought in during both are ambiguous. Once again, that probably means that you could have some fun with him, but for all anyone knows, he could have simply been a Mercenary throughout both wars.

This has great potential as a story gap filler/clarification mod. I look forward to the result.
 JediExile
11-29-2010, 5:41 AM
Awesome idea for a mod! I've been looking for something like this. I'll be following this and can't wait to see the end result. :)
 Darth_Calo
11-29-2010, 1:13 PM
Voted Other: Sherruk (or some personification of him: clone, cybernetic reconstruction, illusory apparition, etc). Just because Sherruk, as short as his screentime was, was a badass, and probably the most difficult foe in the game, at least when you first meet him.

Might I also suggest, if you're going to feature a younger Terena Adare, and if you haven't thought of it already, that you also feature Azkul. He was a Sith Commando and part of a Special Forces detachment during the Jedi Civil War, but no further details are given regarding where he was stationed, meaning that you could probably have some fun with him. If you're so inclined, you can place him in there as a formidable antagonist that the PC must fight, but fail to kill, only resulting in the loss of his left eye.

It is also possible that Dopak could make an appearance, as he was a veteran of both the Mandalorian Wars and the Jedi Civil War, but what sides he fought in during both are ambiguous. Once again, that probably means that you could have some fun with him, but for all anyone knows, he could have simply been a Mercenary throughout both wars.

This has great potential as a story gap filler/clarification mod. I look forward to the result.

thanks for the ideas, I'll keep those in mind. Sherruk was a character i hadnt considered because in kotor once a character dies, they're dead (which is why you dont fight calo nord on taris, he was meant to survive that) so it would take some extra work to make sherruk not die on dantooine the first time

Awesome idea for a mod! I've been looking for something like this. I'll be following this and can't wait to see the end result. :)

glad to see another fan

Do you realize this was originally in the game:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/516675-star-wars-knights-of-the-old-republic/images/gs_screen-166)

but it's not in the game, that's just it.
 Gatherum
11-29-2010, 1:35 PM
thanks for the ideas, I'll keep those in mind. Sherruk was a character i hadnt considered because in kotor once a character dies, they're dead (which is why you dont fight calo nord on taris, he was meant to survive that) so it would take some extra work to make sherruk not die on dantooine the first time

Alternatively, there is cloning, and cybernetics, and other heretic witchcraft, if you're so inclined. :P

Whatever you would prefer, though. It's your mod.
 Darth_Calo
11-29-2010, 4:39 PM
Alternatively, there is cloning, and cybernetics, and other heretic witchcraft, if you're so inclined. :P

Whatever you would prefer, though. It's your mod.

thats the thing though, once a character is flagged as 'killed' that appearance cant be used again, so those other methods may not work. I will definitely keep it in mind though, as that is a creative idea
 Sithspecter
11-29-2010, 10:08 PM
Maybe you could have Sherruk run away instead of getting killed when the player first fights him. He could drop a sack or something with his stuff so you would still be able to complete the original Dantooine Mandalorians quest.
 Qui-Gon Glenn
11-29-2010, 10:53 PM
Maybe you could have Sherruk run away instead of getting killed when the player first fights him. He could drop a sack or something with his stuff so you would still be able to complete the original Dantooine Mandalorians quest.In a word, brilliant!
 Darth_Calo
12-15-2010, 12:56 PM
brilliant yes but that gets into the same gray area of lashowe and the other sith, if you want to kill them then its not fair to force you to wait. I'll certainly take it under advisement, though
 Darth_Calo
04-16-2011, 12:10 AM
Hi,
Sorry for my absence all thise time. Just a update to let everyone know this project is still scheduled to be released, but its development has been VERY slow. again, not dead, just going slow. thanks for your paitence, folks
 CptPriceless
06-12-2011, 11:16 PM
I think this added content might be a bit... pointless, if Revan doesn't get anything from it. Like it doesn't sound like the jedi who's bent on saving the world and his "love" (Bastila) would return to Dantooine to oversee its 'recovery' (assuming Revan is a male).

I mean, this is a great idea, and I completely respect you guys for this. I'm so looking forward to the release of this mod - that is if it's not dead. But it's just that maybe you should keep Vrook or one of the other jedi masters on Dantooine, so that if Revan should return, he or she should get some guidance, training, special power, feat, or items that helps the player through the rest of the game.

Just a suggestion.

By the way, I'm loving the screen shots, loving the effort, and I can't wait for the release. :)
 Darth_Calo
06-13-2011, 11:28 AM
I think this added content might be a bit... pointless, if Revan doesn't get anything from it. Like it doesn't sound like the jedi who's bent on saving the world and his "love" (Bastila) would return to Dantooine to oversee its 'recovery' (assuming Revan is a male).

I mean, this is a great idea, and I completely respect you guys for this. I'm so looking forward to the release of this mod - that is if it's not dead. But it's just that maybe you should keep Vrook or one of the other jedi masters on Dantooine, so that if Revan should return, he or she should get some guidance, training, special power, feat, or items that helps the player through the rest of the game.

Just a suggestion.

By the way, I'm loving the screen shots, loving the effort, and I can't wait for the release. :)

Couple things:

1) this mod is meant to take place after the Leviathan and before the Unknown World (so Bastila is captured)

2) The point isn't so much to oversee it's recovery as it is for Revan to find redemption. Kind of like a pre-unknown world Dark Side/Light Side choice. Does he go to Dantooine and help them or does he go there and attempt to set the settlers back even further?

3) it's not dead.

and if you think it's pointless you don't have to download it :)
 CptPriceless
06-13-2011, 11:57 AM
Oh no it's not pointless at all; I love the idea. It was just a suggestion. I didn't read too closely about the whole redemption thing.
Page: 2 of 2