Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Magical Strike Force S

Page: 3 of 5
 CommanderQ
07-07-2009, 1:15 AM
"Akira, nice of you to join us. I'm sure you have a lot to talk about. I will look into a solution to this, Sergeant Yamamoto. I will keep you posted if we make any progress. If you'll excuse me".

Akira and Yamamoto watched the Captain as she left the room.

Yamamoto chuckled and clapped Akira on the shoulder, "You are indeed lucky to end up under the command of Captain Aiko. I've worked with her before, a long time ago, she was one of the finest officers I've served with. You'll do well here..."

Akira smiled and did a quick bow to his former sergeant.

"It's very good to see you so soon, Sarge. Things have gotten a bit out of hand...I'm sorry."

Yamamoto sighed, "There is no need to feel sorry, from what we know, it wasn't really you, if you understand...there is still hope."

The young man nodded, "I hope so, sir. I lost control not too long ago, and tried to commit suicide...I probably shouldn't have done that...it was ill-thought."

The Sergeant sat down again and motioned for Akira to do the same.

"Yes. You probably shouldn't have...but that was your decision, you had reasons...but still, our own lives are not for us to take...no matter how far we have fallen."

'So, sir, do you have any idea what could've...brought about this?"

Yamamoto was silent for a moment. They'd never told Akira what had really happened at Drakomir, believing that if he did not know what happened, then perhaps he wouldn't act up again. So much for that. He still didn't know if this was the wisest time to tell him, though, having just tried a suicide attempt.

"I have a strong opinion that you may have been slightly corrupted."

He said it in a cold fashion, with no feeling, but it was the truth, he could make it no easier.

Akira nodded, "Then there may be a cure."

Yamamoto nodded, "Yes, there may indeed be a cure...but we need time to assess what really happened...and, that may take time....just...be patient."
 DrPhil2501
07-07-2009, 6:26 AM
"You've been out for about two days. Sergeant Yamamoto found you and brought you over to us. You remember being recruited by Division Nine?", Isara asked him.

Wolf hung his head down, as if trying to recite through his memory. As far as he could tell, he didnt suffer any memory loss: he remember his name, age and dark origins. The last thing he remembered was being a crew member onboard a mercenery light freighter, which crash landed into the planet Sigmund.

"I havent suffered memory loss, if thats what your implying Isara." he replied. He stood up, and grabbed his clothes. He placed his revolver ontop of the pile. "I'll be back in five minutes..."

He walked to a dressing cubicle where he drawn the curtain.
 Shana
07-07-2009, 5:02 PM
"You have no idea how helpful you've been to me. The sight of you dying constantly has done more damage to his mind in two days then I was able to cause in nine years of constant torture. The sight of you dying nearly drove him insane the first time he saw it and it just got better every time...Oh..and when the captains died...that was wonderful to watch."

Shana began to wonder if her meeting him had hindered him more. But then she began to wonder if he cared about her more than just a teammate, but she shook those thoughts off.

"He's a good man, Kai is a man with a heart. Of course he'd feel badly when inocents die. Now here I am, that body is only made of illusion and deception. Sure you might be powerful, but you lack the bonds that tie us together, and it's through those bonds that we gain strength to meet whatever comes our way", Shana said and readied her staff. She looked around at the invaders and counted them. She lifted up into the air overlooking them.

"Shooting mode", her device said and transformed the top of the staff into sort of a gunblade. "Cartridge Load", her device said as it loaded two rounds of Vekta-Type ammo, a kind of magical booster considered to be the most powerful of all. Most mages in the Federation had these but not too many can control them fully.

"Eager Cleaver!", Shana yelled. "Eager Cleaver. Stand by, ready".

Dozens of orbs around her formed into spearheads charged through the air piercing and slicing through the invaders. Some of them launched attacks towards her but she dodged some and some she covered with her magic shield.

"Star Dust!", Shana said. "Ready", her device replied and at that moment a gust of sharp wind surrounded the Invaders. The dust was like diamond dust ripping away at their armor and flesh in a twister sucking them up on the air.

"Destiny...", Shana said as two more cartridges loaded and she readied her staff to shoot. Her Device blinked. "Destiny Cannon Ready", her device replied and a giant ball of energy began to build right infront of Shana. "Cannon!"

The ball of energy transformed into a huge energy beam shot in the direction of the invaders sucked into the twister causing a great blast.

Shana was doing her best, there were still many invaders left but she wanted to do her very best to help Kai. She would have to use her full drive in excellion mode if the situation demanded it.

============

Isara stood there waiting for him outside the dressing cubicle.

"What was it that you went looking for on Sigmunde?", Isara asked Wolf as he changed. She was curious to know what a mercenary ship was doing in such a remote place and whatever it was that attacked them.
 Chevron 7 locke
07-07-2009, 5:28 PM
"He's a good man, Kai is a man with a heart. Of course he'd feel badly when inocents die. Now here I am, that body is only made of illusion and deception. Sure you might be powerful, but you lack the bonds that tie us together, and it's through those bonds that we gain strength to meet whatever comes our way"

"If he is such a good man...then why didn't he tell you more about his life on the colony?"

Kai looked up sharply at the mage's words. He quickly pulled his sword out of the chest of one of the invaders and pointed it at the mage.

"Don't say it. If you say it I will kill you a thousand times over!"

The mage giggled slightly at his words. "I highly doubt that. I doubt that you'll even survive this encounter with me."

The mage turned back to Shana and cocked his head on it's side. "He had no family on the colony...no friends except for a little homeless girl who would wander the streets begging for food and water. One day, our friend Kai "adopted" her and took care of her. He made sure she was fed and had shelter as they lived on the streets. He thought of her as a little sister...and she thought of him as a brother."

Kai narrowed his eyes and his body began to shake with barely contained anger as the mage continued speaking.

"I said I would kill you if you continued. Stop it. Stop it now."

The mage contined staring at Shana. "Finally...a few years after that day, I arrived and began my attack on the colony. Eventually I managed to wipe out nearly all of the Colonists who were defending the colony and began to track them down in their homes. Eventually I came across Kai and his "sister" and they began to run from me. Kai thought the girl was right behind him...but she had tripped and fallen. He finally turned around just in time to see me..."kill" her. And that was when he launched his attack against me and got himself cursed."

The mage smirked. "That is what he sees when he looks at you. He sees the face of the little "sister" that he couldn't protect."

"BERSEKER FORM ACTIVATE!"

Damn the Consequences! I don't care if they Kill me! I'll Kill him! I'll KIll Him!

Kai's eyes turned blood red and his hair shot down to his waist as his muscles expanded once again. "YOU KILLED HIZINA YOU ******! I'LL KILL YOU! I'LL MAKE YOU SUFFER!"

Kai ripped one of the invaders apart with his bare hands and then ran directly at the mage, not caring who was in his way.

Outside the mind.

Kai's body flashed once and then his hair grew longer and his Muscles began to grow. He growled as he tried to move only to find himself restrained.
 DrPhil2501
07-08-2009, 4:37 AM
"What was it that you went looking for on Sigmunde?",

Wolf zipped up his black pants and placed his armored boots on. "Our crew was hired by the Exchange to do some bounty hunting. We were looking for an arms dealer who used to work for them; selling illegal weaponry and all sorts."

He slipped on his under garnment and pulled on his armored body suit into place. He clipped his large belt into place, and wrapped the holster around his upper thigh so he could put his Revolver in. He tied crimson red head band around his forehead, grabbed his long coat and exited the cubicle.

He stared at Isara with usual grim eyes. "You want something?" he muttered.
 Shana
07-08-2009, 4:58 PM
Shana stopped to think for a moment. He saw her as he did his little sister, she felt sad but kind of disappointed somehow. She looked at the mage.

"I see. You deserve the fate that will come to you. There is nothing in your future but death. And we shall give you exactly that", Shana said.

"Excellion form activate", Shana said and her armor became tougher. Three replicas of her device floated around her. "Excellion form, ready".

"Cannon Three", she said activating her full drive. "Restraining binds ready", Her device said as the mage was binded with restraints on both his arms and legs.

Outside her body they could see she had turned to Excellion form. Illya saw this and bit her lip. She knew that if Shana activated her Excellion form and what seemed like the Cannon three, it would put huge strain on her body.

Shana readied her staff. "Destiny Cannon Advanced. Charging complete. Cartidge Load". She loaded 4 full Vekta Type ammo charges in her staff. This was an attack she would put all her hope and love into, at huge expense of her body.

"Destiny...", Shana said as she took a step back. A giant pink pentagram at her feet shining. Orbs of energy forming infront of her staff's barrel and he device clones. "Cannon!".

She fired the energy beam straight to the Mage. If Kai connected his hit along with hers it would cause major damage. It was unlikely for anyone to endure such full on attacks, let alone an imprint of without the full capability of it's original.

Illya realized at this time Shana's body was shaking. She took her hand.

"Hang in there, you can do it", Illya said to both of them.

=================

Isara looked at Wolf and grinned.

"I think you're fine on your own now. If you are indeed interested on joining our strike force then you should see Commander Carrington. She's in her office. She'll be waiting in case you make up your mind", Isara said and walked out of the infirmary.
 Chevron 7 locke
07-08-2009, 6:15 PM
"Excellion form activate"

Kai didn't care that she was trying to help him anymore, he didn't care if she saw what she was about to do. I hate him! I hate him! I hate him!

Kai watched as Shana's attack slammed directly into the mage, stunning him slightly. This was enough for him to finally get close enough.

Full power...I'll go up to full power and rip him apart...He deserves it more then anyone ever could. He killed the closest thing I had to family.

The mage grinned at him as Kai dugs his hands into both of his arms. "That's it boy...kill me. Show me your true power and become ready to be just like me."

Kai growled and began to pull the mage's shoulders and felt the bones beginning to crack under the strain.

"That's it Kai...accomplish what Hizina failed to do...Kill me. If you can defeat me in your mind you will be on the path to becoming like me."

Hizina? What did he say about Hizina?

"W-What did you say about Hizina?" he whispered.

The mage smirked at him even as Kai ripped one of the arms completely off and threw it to the ground, covering his face and body in red.

"I didn't kill her at the colony Kai...It may have looked like I killed her. But I could sense the raw magical talent in her. Untamed. Wild. And so I took the opportunity to take an...apprentice so to speak. She is with my physical self right now...learning. Getting angrier and angrier at you every day because you left her behind."

"I didn't leave her behind...I would never have left her behind..." Kai muttered so that only Kai and the mage could hear.

"You did start her on the right path. The Device you stole for her proved to match her exactly...and those early spells you taught her were actually quite useful for shaping her into what she is now."

Kai stared at the mage with unblinking eyes. "Where is she? You are going to tell me where she is." Kai continued the conversation so only he and the mage were aware of it. No need for Shana to get involved in this.

"I won't tell you where we are now...But I'll tell you where we're going to be in the future." The mage smiled an insane smile at Kai.

"Why...Why are you telling me this? You know that I will kill you the second I find you."

"Because... I let you live nine years ago with a curse and I'm starting to regret my decision. I want another apprentice...I want an apprentice free of restraints. I want someone to one day succeed me. And you fit the bill quite nicely. Angry, bitter, very powerful. Someone who was just like me when I was young."

Kai leaned down next to him and stared directly at his face. "I want you to tell me where she is. Now."

The mage's face shifted once and became...older. There were a few more lines and a smirk appeared on his face again. "I will be at the colony where you were cursed in two weeks time with my apprentice. I warn you though, I am far more powerful then this pitiful imprint. I have the power to level entire worlds. I have artifacts that have taught me much...I have had nine years to improve my powers...to master my power. What have you done?"

THAT'S ENOUGH!

With a roar, Kai lifted the mage above his head and brutally ripped him in half. I'll save you Hizina...I'll save you. I promise you...I won't leave you in his hands.

Kai turned to Shana and watched as she took out the last of the invaders. "We're done here. I've learned all I've needed to learn."

kai dropped out of his Berserker form and began the process of waking himself up.

Hizina...
 DrPhil2501
07-09-2009, 8:30 AM
"I think you're fine on your own now. If you are indeed interested on joining our strike force then you should see Commander Carrington. She's in her office. She'll be waiting in case you make up your mind"

Wolf watched as Isara left the room. He groaned. The doctor beside him too note.

"Do you require any further medical assistance?"

Wolf didnt say anything. He grunted and left the room. Its been a while since he walked the halls of the Division 9 Headquarters. He used to be a cadet, until that one incident...

He already familiarised himself with the complex, so he headed for Commander Carrington's office. This wasnt about the job offer. This was about answers.
 Shana
07-10-2009, 11:57 AM
As Illya noted that Kai's berseker form had vanished and he was once again calm and deep in sleep. She turned to Shana who powered down aswell. She was angry at Shana, she had used her Cannon 3 form which caused great strain to her body. But at least she hadn't gone full power.

Shana opened her eyes. Illya looked at her.

"Are you alright?", Illya asked.

"I guess so", Shana said as she turned to Kai. Kai was still coming around from his sleep. Shana sat up straight and a little blood run down her nose.

"You used your Cannon 3 form. I noticed. Don't ever do that again", Illya said.

"It's nothing. And I can't promise something I might not be able to keep", Shana said, who knew what awaited them. It might be her final trump card.

Illya understood it, but it didn't mean she wasn't a bit angry about it. She turned to Kai and sat beside Shana. Juno also sat beside Illya and looked over at Kai.

"Did you learn anything?", Juno asked.

==============

Commander Carrington sat in her office when Isara reported that Wolf was coming over. She turned her chair to look at the door and opened it just as soon as she saw in the survaillance camera that Wolf was standing just outside it.

"Come in Wolf", Commander Carrington said.
 Chevron 7 locke
07-10-2009, 12:09 PM
"Did you learn anything?"

"Actually yes. Ca-Juno. I'm sorry. That is going to take some getting used to. I...need to use the training ground for a few weeks. There is something that I will need to take care of in three weeks time."

Kai turned to Shana and nodded.

"I thank you for assisting me in this manner. Rest assured, your help in this matter will be not be forgotten."

Kai nodded to everyone in the room and then quiety began to leave before turning to Captain Aiko.

"May I speak to you for a moment? In private. I think this is something you will wish to be informed of."
 Shana
07-10-2009, 12:44 PM
Shana simply gave him a smile.

"I'm glad I could help out", Shana said wiping the blood of her nose and standing up with Illya. Juno turned to Kai and nodded.

"Alright", Juno said and turned to Illya and the other. "Give us a second please".

Illya nodded and left the room with Shana. Kotomi and Isara followed soon after and Asuza simply went deeper into the room and then went through the door to her private office and closed the door shut, leaving only Juno and Kai alone in the room.
 Chevron 7 locke
07-10-2009, 12:55 PM
"Give us a second please".

"Thank you for speaking with me. I found out that the mage somehow got his hands on...artifacts that has allowed him to increase his powers to terrifying levels...He said that he has the power to level entire worlds."

"You may wish to tell Captain Terranova about this..."

Kai turned and began walking toward the training ground.
 Shana
07-10-2009, 10:42 PM
"Then we will prepare", Juno said and went over to Illya outside who was with Shana.

"We need to prepare the data we got from the dream. We might have to base a training construct based on it", Juno said and Illya nodded.

"Shana, go to the cafeteria and have some lunch I will come pick you up later. We got to inform the Commander and then I'll be right with you to go to the apartment. I already had you moved from the dorms over to my house. And also had Kai's room separated from Akira's for the time being", Illya said and went off with Juno, Kotomi and Isara.

Shana went over to the cafeteria and sat down. She was having curry with rice and a green tea. She was still thinking about the whole thing with Kai and what the mage said about his sister. She wanted to help Kai. She had just began to get to know Kai but she thought of him as a friend and she always fought for her friends.
 CommanderQ
07-10-2009, 11:05 PM
Akira and Sergeant Yamamoto had spent most of the time discussing the incident earlier. Not much had been completely clarified, but Yamamoto continued to believe that earlier corruption had caught up with Akira. Akira then decided that they should get something to eat, knowing that a meal usually gets the mind moving faster.

They walked into the cafeteria, and they bothed noticed Shana sitting not too far away.

An expression of relief and joy came to Akira's face, and he ran over to her table.

"SHANA!! You're awake! You're alright!"

He sat down across from her, Yamamoto was not too far away, walking casually over.

Akira's face displayed a grin, "It's so good to see you doing well! I mean, is everything alright? Is it?"

The last thing he wanted was her to be hurt in some way due to his manic episode.
 Chevron 7 locke
07-10-2009, 11:57 PM
Kai walked into the cafeteria after deciding that it would be better to him to try and develope a new attack on a full stomach.

The first thing he saw was Shana who was currently sitting down sipping a green tea and sitting across from her was...the traitor. The one who could have hurt Shana.

Kai instantly found his hand moving quickly to his sword, but he managed to restrain himself before he grabbed it completley.

What would Shana think of me if I did attack him? I can't help but think that she would hate me...and I don't want that. What would Hizuni think of me...what will she think of me when she sees me again?

Kai simply walked past him and whispered in his ear so that only he could hear. "If you ever hurt her in any way...I will kill you in a way that you can't possibly imagine. Remember that."

Kai grabbed an energy drink and headed out toward the training field. Lets see if I can get Cannon mode to work on the first day...If I can...I will be ready. And Hizuni will be free.
 CommanderQ
07-11-2009, 12:31 AM
"If you ever hurt her in any way...I will kill you in a way that you can't possibly imagine. Remember that."

He heard Kai's voice as the man walked past. The hair on the back of his head raised up, and he felt a small bit of fear creep up his spine...he'd been worse then even he expected.
 DrPhil2501
07-11-2009, 1:17 AM
Wold entered through the door, greeted by Carrington. Its been a long time since he last entered the commanders office.

His gaze fixed on Carrington. "Commander" he greeted. "Its been some time since we last spoke..."

He paced around the office, and stopped; staring at her collection of books on the shelf. He didn't feel like sitting down. "Two years... has it really been that long?" he asked rhetorically. "Two years, since I resigned from my post. And for good reasons too.."

He stared back at her. "The Omega Extraction opperation. It turned out all the survivors we were sent to rescue have been killed by the Mechan Rebels. A simple rescue mission turned into a deadly trap for my team; our ship was destroyed. So then we got in contact with HQ, requesting a retreat; but they denied our request, and my team was left to die on that baron world!"

He fixed his glare at Carrington. "I was the last survivor. I was forced to escape using a stolen Mechan Freighter. The journey back home was very... unpleasant!"

He took a step forward. "After all I endured, what makes you think I'm going to re-enlist myself back into the Federation?"
 Shana
07-11-2009, 11:57 AM
"SHANA!! You're awake! You're alright!"

Shana turned over to see Akira coming over to where she was sitting and gave him a small smile when he sat down across from her.

"Everything is fine, nothing really major", Shana said. She noticed Kai come in and say something to Kai that she didn't catch. She was about to ask Kai to si down before he went on his way back to the training field.

"So, what happened that day? The last thing I remember was Kai holding you in restraints, he was about to shoot you when I stopped him", Shana asked hoping to learn what it was that had happened between Kai and Akira.

==========

Commander Carrington got up from her seat and looked at Wolf the entire time.

"I'm not expecting you to believe what I'm about to say. But the whole operation you went through was organized by Admiral Kain of the Ground Forces. It was his specific instruction that none at Division Nine interfered with his operation. Of course, by the time we found out that his unit was leaking intel to the enemy it was already too late. He had been manipulating the Council for his own benefit. It was his wish to create an alliance with the Mechan Rebels only to betray them later and look like a hero in the eyes of the council. But the Mechan Rebels found out and struck down every single one of our unit members that went to that mission", Commander Carrington said, she turned around to the window of her office that overlooked the entire training field and hangar. "You remember a girl in the unit right? She had long brown hair and blue eyes. She was our sponsor's daughter. She died out there with the rest of your unit. Of course we went for Admiral Kain to arrest him but we had been caught by surprise again. His aidee was a combat cyborg of the Mechan Rebels who had infiltrated the ranks. She killed Admiral Kain for his betrayal and then killed herself to avoid capture".

Commander Carrington walked over to where Wolf was and put her hand over his shoulder.

"I screwed up, I should've seen it coming. After all Admiral Kain was never very supportive of Division Nine. He always tried to sabotage us. I only hope that someday you can forgive me for that mistake", Commander Carrington said and turned around. "We called you because you're an excellent soldier, and you're a team player. There have been several reports of artifacts resonating around the multiverse, we need all the capable hands we can get to retrieve them".
 CommanderQ
07-11-2009, 3:24 PM
"So, what happened that day? The last thing I remember was Kai holding you in restraints, he was about to shoot you when I stopped him."

Akira bit his lip and sighed.

"I.....I don't really know....I guess, I lost control. Something else took over....I'm so sorry...I don't know what happened exactly, but right before I fell unconcious, I think I regained control, just for a moment..."

He bowed his head for a moment, in a quick, silent, reverance.

Akira came back up, "I also wish to thank you, for taking the attack that was meant for me....Kai would've definately have killed me. I do not know how I can repay you for that. So, please, accept my allegiance to you. If you ever need anything done, I mean anything, just let me know."

He bowed his head again, awaiting a response.
 Chevron 7 locke
07-11-2009, 10:35 PM
Alright...this is actually going quite well. I wouldn't have thought I would be able to get the pendant to change form so easily.

Kai stared down at the smoking remains of the training drone and looked at the approching drones that were coming at him.

"Cannon mode."

Kai's sword began to become longer and two handles appeared on the side as a large barrel appeared at the end of it.

Excellent. Now for the hard part.

"Infinity shot." "Infinity shot...Stand by...Ready."

Alright...lets see if it works this time.

"Fire!"

The cannon began to hum with built up power and a violet burst of light appeared at the tip of the cannon.

Almost...

And then with a sputter the violet light began to fade and the build up of power faded slowly.

No! Damn it No!

Kai brought one of his fists down on the cannon with a shout of anger and the cannon instantly powered up again and fired off a shot that ripped through the drones and continued on toward the Academy.

Damn it!

Kai ran as quickly as he could after the blast.

"Dark Lightning!" "Dark Lightning, standby...ready."

"Fire!"

Kai's electrical attack ripped through the air after the violet burst of energy only to be absorbed by the attack.

Kai kept on firing blast after blast of his electrical attack at the energy blast which seemed to be getting bigger...but slowing down.

Screw this. Sword form it is.

"Sword form."

Kai's cannon shifted to the lighter sword form.

"Dark Aura..." "Dark aura. Standby, ready."

Kai started running even faster and finally managed to get close enough to the blast to try and catch it on his sword.

He looked forward with a startled glance to see that both he and the blast were heading straight toward the cafateria. Oh hell.

Kai turned his sword to the sky and tried to push the blast up toward the sky...finally succeding.

He watched as it shot up toward the sky before he finally lost sight of it. That...was far too close.
 Shana
07-11-2009, 11:03 PM
Illya walked over to where Kai was training and gave him a warm smile.

"You know, you don't really need to name the stronger form the same as Shana", Illya said and looked over to where the drones had been destroyed. "It will come easier for you and the device to "feel" what it should be called."

========

Shana simply looked at Akira and gave him a warm smile.

"Don't worry about it, I just did something for a friend and that's it", Shana said.
 Chevron 7 locke
07-11-2009, 11:48 PM
"You know, you don't really need to name the stronger form the same as Shana"

"I'm naming it in her name. If it weren't for her helping me rid my mind of the...imprint I doubt that I would have the ability to create a new attack. That damn imprint would still be blocking my focus. And besides, the device is still cursed and the few names it suggested were..quite inappropriate."

Kai looked at the academy which had a few scorch marks on the upper side of the building where the attack had passed by it.

"My apologies...I didn't anticipate the blast would be that powerful. The basic idea of this attack is that it fires a medium sized blast of magical energy at a target...but I seem to lack control with long range attacks."

Hizuni...In three weeks I'll finally see Hizuni again...and if the mage has had her for nine years then I'll most likely be fighting the two of them on two fronts. It will take...two weeks at most to reach the colony and that is when I will finally free my...little sister. I never thought I would think of Hizuni again.

"In one weeks time I need to take a transport out for the span of two weeks. If this is acceptable to you Captain."
 Shana
07-12-2009, 1:42 AM
Illya looked at Kai and smiled at him warmly.

"Well, don't think you've gotten rid of us that easily mister. We are coming too, Commander Carrington is sending the unit out. This is our goal after all, if this mage has gathered Artifacts then it is our duty to retrieve and secure these artifacts and of course stopping the bad guys. This is the elemental drive of this unit remember?", Illya said. "We'll give all the help we can give, we'll do our part, you can count on that. We will be leaving on the Altaria, it's a Federation Starship that will take us through the multiverse. It's one of the fastest ships in the whole Federation and it's armed to the teeth. If it comes to it, we'll have to use the Arcane Gun, it's the single most powerful weapon in the Federation, the only trouble about it is it's supposed to be a last resort because it can cause a dimensional disruption so big it can destroy countless worlds in the multiverse. So we need to act cautiously".

Illya looked over at the training field and sighed, she then looked at Kai still smiling.

"When Terra talked to us about forming the unit, we knew what we were getting into. We've fought really hard battles, battles on which we've almost lost our lives. But we've always fought as a friends, as a family. That's what we're trying to create here. More than just a military group, we're building friendship, we're building a family. And if someone threatens a member of that family, we'll be there to face whatever comes our way. That's how we've always done it, and no matter what, we will prevail", Illya said and started to walk back to the cafeteria. "Your dorm room has been separated from Akira's. Just to avoid friction between you two. Just know something, Akira has a problem, he needs understanding right now, if you can, give him a chance."
 Chevron 7 locke
07-12-2009, 2:04 AM
"When Terra talked to us about forming the unit, we knew what we were getting into. We've fought really hard battles, battles on which we've almost lost our lives. But we've always fought as a friends, as a family. That's what we're trying to create here. More than just a military group, we're building friendship, we're building a family. And if someone threatens a member of that family, we'll be there to face whatever comes our way. That's how we've always done it, and no matter what, we will prevail."

I think I'll need to move up my timetable...They can't come along on this mission...They can't. If only for their own sake. I won't let them endanger Hizuni-san.

"If that is what you wish. However...I don't agree with your decision. This man had the power to destroy the colony but he chose to attack it with ground forces. He enjoys the destruction, the chaos that he causes. It will be much better if I face him alone."

She won't agree to this...I will most likely have to steal a transport and go to the colony myself. With my new attacks I'll at least be able to rescue Hizuni. Then...later I'll come back and finish off the mage.

"Just know something, Akira has a problem, he needs understanding right now, if you can, give him a chance."

"He is insaine. I don't trust easily and when he destroyed those Hostage droids he proved that I can't trust him in combat situations. Imagine if that hostage droid had been Shana...and she had let her guard down. We would be minus one team member right now. That is why I don't trust him."
 CommanderQ
07-12-2009, 2:27 AM
"Don't worry about it, I just did something for a friend and that's it."

Akira smiled back and nodded, "But you still did it, even if I had lost control. I wouldn't be thanking you right now if I were dead. I say it again, if you ever need anything done, just let me know....but you can do me one favor."

He sighed, "If I loose control, and are beyond saving, don't hesitate to kill me. It would be doing everyone a favor."

He then stood and motioned to his Sergeant.

"I'm sorry, I have not introduced Sergeant Yamamoto here....Shana, meet Yamamoto, my former Sergeant."

Yamamoto gave a quick nod.
 Shana
07-12-2009, 2:30 AM
Illya turned much more serious this time. He really seemed to think only he alone had the power to stop the mage. He seemed too confident in his abilities and simply seemed to think none of them stood a chance against the mage.

"You underestimate us greatly. And if you think the Federation is simply going to overlook this situation then you're wrong. This was the purpose that Division Nine was put together. We've faced much more dangerous opponents than this, you'd think we would be S rank mages if we just sat on our asses all day? No, and of course, if you are to unleash the limiter in your device you need authorization from the Council. And you can only get that through Commander Carrington. This Multiverse has been in peril countless of times and we've always been there to stop it. I won't be looked down upon by a cadet, you may think of this as arrogance but it actually is not. It's a wake up call to you, if you think you can handle this alone and just go and rush in, it only proves how truly unprepared you really are", Illya said and continued to walk away to the cafeteria. "And don't forget, this is the military too, just because we're a family it doesn't mean we tolerate insubordination. Remember that before you go off doing something you'll regret later. And about Akira, I just gave a suggestion. You should give people a chance, everyone has problems of their own. Akira has a problem that's not his fault, his case is a form of a curse in a way just like you, and if Shana was able to forgive him without knowing about his curse, then why can't you?"

Illya did not wait for an answer, she simply went away inside the cafeteria. She wasn't one to scold others, but she felt that Kai's arrogance had to be adressed with a much firmer tone. She generally leaves that kind of speech to Juno but she felt she had to say it now.

===============

Shana nodded at Akira and then looked at Sergeant Yamamoto.

"Nice to meet you Sergeant", Shana said as she saluted him and then turned to Akira. "We will find a way to cure you of whatever is causing this. Don't worry, no one is gonna get killed."
 DrPhil2501
07-12-2009, 5:57 AM
Admiral Kain... a pinacle of corruption within the ranks, it seemed. If he were still alive, Wolf would hunt him down ruthlessly. But it seemed the deed was already done.

"We called you because you're an excellent soldier, and you're a team player. There have been several reports of artifacts resonating around the multiverse, we need all the capable hands we can get to retrieve them".

Wolf looked up at Carrington. "Artifacts?" he played-back. "Left over by the Ancients, no doubt..."

"What size force are you sending to recover these artifacts? Rookie cadets, no doubt. I suppose you want me to look after these kids while they're conducting their mission."

He paced away. "Very well... But you're hiring me as a mercenary, not a dog of the military. Agreed?"
 Shana
07-12-2009, 11:12 AM
"If you want to be under contract as a mercenary then no problem. Just keep something in mind, if you decide to join us as an active member, we'll gladly welcome you", Commander Carrington said and then looked over to him. "Although they maybe trainees here at Division Nine, all of them have prior experience in combat. They can take care of themselves, but I do want you to keep an eye on one in particular at the moment. His name is Akira. You'll know him when you join them all in the mission that they are departing on."
 Chevron 7 locke
07-12-2009, 12:56 PM
"It's a wake up call to you, if you think you can handle this alone and just go and rush in, it only proves how truly unprepared you really are"

"If you truley think that I have not been planning for this day the moment I got here then you don't know me quite as well as you think do. The mage may be powerful, but do you honestly think he can withstand a transport hitting him at speeds over a thousand miles per hour?"

"I do this not out of arrogence...but out of desire not see anyone else harmed. This man has taken enough from me...I don't want him to take anyone else." He called as she walked away.

Kai watched as she walked back toward the cafeteria and his thoughts returned to those of training.

Alright...lets try this again.

"Cannon mode."

The sword shifted again and became a black cannon that had grey lines criss crossing across it's surface.

"Infinity Shot." The cannon chimed. "Infinity Shot...standby...ready."

"Fire!"

Kai watched as the cannon finally fired off the correct type of blast.

Good. It is by no means mastered...but I can begin work on my next attack. That murderer won't know what hit him.
 Shana
07-12-2009, 1:34 PM
Juno had been standing by the archway waiting for Illya to return.

"It's clear how inexperienced you are scolding people", Juno said playfully.

"Well I thought I had to say something. Even though he says he's prepared for a long time, he's still young", Illya said.

"Don't worry, we know where he's going, we might as well just keep our distance a bit. See what he does, the important thing for the Federation is getting the artifacts that the mage has gotten his hands on. We'll just head in to make the retrieval. I'm sure he'll be alright", Juno said.

"I hope so too. Alright then. We need to carefully plan this. While Kai fights off the mage we'll get the artifacts, at least that way if he plans to do what I think he's gonna do, we can justify his action with the board by giving something to show for it. If we don't then they might get the excuse they've been looking for to shut us down, especially the Ground Forces HQ", Illya said. Juno simply nodded and then Illya went over to where Shana was sitting. Juno simply looked out at Kai training.

He can do it, she thought to herself.
 Chevron 7 locke
07-12-2009, 3:03 PM
This is much easier then I thought it would be. Without that damn imprint constantly blocking my attempts. It looks like I'll be ready by the time the three weeks are up.

The end of Kai's cannon was rapidly circling in on itself as it built up power for his newest attack. I can master them later...Right now I have to develop them.

"Memory of the Fallen." The cannon chimed a very deep chime. "Memory of the Fallen...standby...ready."

Kai took a deep breath as the very end of the cannon pulsed with a very bright silver light. "Fire."

A very bright blast of light shot from the cannon and shot directly up into the sky at incredible speed. Kai was knocked onto his back by the force of the blast. Amazing...I've never been knocked down by one of my own blasts before. I'll classify this under 'Do not use unless necessary'.

He dropped down to one knee as he felt the last of his magic disappear and he dropped out of his Berserker form. That one blast wiped out the last of my magic. I had slightly less then half of my reserve magic left. I can only wonder how much stronger that blast would have been had I not used up the magic I used in my infinity shot.

Kai thought to himself for a moment before heading off to the cafeteria for a quick meal and then a shower...then sleep. Nothing restored the body like sleep.
 CommanderQ
07-12-2009, 3:12 PM
Yamamoto chuckled as Shana saluted him.

"No need to do that, I'm a Sergeant, not an officer, I work for a living."

He smiled, but still returned the salute.

"We will find a way to cure you of whatever is causing this. Don't worry, no one is gonna get killed."

Akira nodded, "I wish I had your optimism."

He then stood and left to grab some food, maybe that could help him out a bit.
 DrPhil2501
07-13-2009, 5:43 AM
"His name is Akira. You'll know him when you join them all in the mission that they are departing on."

Those words echoed within him for the past two days. There must have been something very dark surrounding this person; all the more reason why to hire Wolf to keep an eye on Akira. As well as look out for the other cadets. He viewed this mission as somewhat of a body-guard deal.

He walked to the cafeteria; he hadnt eaten for a while. They were the type of food a soldier would eat on a tray. He picked one up, and picked a table to eat on. There were a few people in the cafeteria today.
 Shana
07-13-2009, 12:23 PM
Isara walked into the cafeteria and spotted Wolf sitting on a table eating his lunch. She went towards him and sat opposite to him.

"Juno and Illya want to introduce you to the team so you know who they are", Isara said. "The sooner you get to know each other the better. We're gonna be flying out pretty soon, there's a situation that we need to handle so I'm gonna be counting on you to keep an eye out for anything."

==============

Illya walked over to where Shana was and saw Akira and Yamamoto sitting opposite Shana. She sat down beside her and looked at all of them.

"The other team member has finally arrived. He's here now and will be joining us on the next mission. We will introduce you to him later on in the day. He's a mercenary who used to be a part of the Federation, but due to his multiple talents he was hired for this Division", Illya said.

"What's he like?", Shana asked.

"He pretty much keeps to himself, but he's an excellent mage. You'll know when you meet him", Illya said. "Come by the Commander's office for a briefing before we leave for the Altaria."
 Chevron 7 locke
07-13-2009, 12:49 PM
Kai quickly walked into the cafeteria and looked for something to eat. He wasn't picky, It just had to be dead and edible.

He decided on a pack of energy bars and grabbed them and then headed up to his dormitory. Lets see...The mage will most likely attempt to shoot the transport out of orbit when I show up in orbit...which means I have to beat him to it.

Kai's head began to sting but he ignored it as he continued to think of a strategy that might work even as the pain in his head kept getting worse. Finally he sat up and rubbed his head.

What the...Why does my head hurt all of a sudden?

Because I'm here.

You...Why do you insist on tormenting me? Can you not wait until the three weeks are done?

There has been a change of plans regarding our..travel plans. I know what your Federation friends are planning Kai. They won't succede against me and you know it. You will meet me on the colony in one weeks time or I'll destroy the Federation Academy from space. You know I have the power to do so and you know I will.

One week Kai-san. One week and you'll be able to see me again...and see what you made me when you left me to die.

Kai looked up sharply at the last words. They didn't belong to the mage. They most likely belonged to Hizuni.

It looks like someone will have to know now. Someone I can trust not to assign blame...someone who will understand.
 Shana
07-13-2009, 8:03 PM
Illya had gone to a meeting with the high command. Shana was left alone in the Division Nine building. She was wearing a blue top with jeans and had a red trenchcoat on and her hair in a pig tail. She was standing outside near the training field. She was waiting for Illya to come back.

Shana was looking at the sky, fortunetly it was full of stars. She smiled to herself. She started singing in japanese a very slow song about the wind blowing to a place where the heart yearns to go.

A small bird stood on the rail looking at her briefly.

"It's a beautiful night isn't it?", Shana asked talking to the bird who only stared at her and then flew away. Shana kept looking at it as it flew with a smile on her face.
 Chevron 7 locke
07-13-2009, 9:07 PM
Kai looked out his dormitory windows and stared at the night sky. Somewhere out there the mage was traveling to his home...with his imouto-chan.They had been family on that colony and even though they were seperated Kai would never stop thinking of her as such.

If I left now I could push the engines on the transport to maxium power and possibly make it...but then the captains would come after me and leave the academy undefended.

Kai grabbed a piece of paper and began to write a note...explaining what needed to be done...the original three week deadline being shortned to one...and the mage's threat of destroying the academy from space if he didn't show in one week. I hope you understand...That I'm doing this to protect you. I have no doubts that I will possibly be overpowered...and possibly killed, but the academy shall remain. Kai wrote as he finished the letter.

He quietly snuck out of his dormitory and began to walk toward Captain Aiko's room. She is the most rational of them all...not clouded by emotion or anger.

He broke the lock on her door and quietly placed the note on her table, hoping that she would see it when she was ready...and he was hopefully far away.

Kai then turned and began to walk toward the hanger bay. He stopped as one of the many transports landed in the hanger and pilot quickly walked off. Hopefully he left the engines running...that would make this so much simplier.

Kai made sure he had a week's worth of supplies before sneaking onboard the transport and firing up the engines.

I'm coming imouto-chan...I'll be there soon.

He turned the transport toward the open bay doors and shot off toward the distant night sky.
 DrPhil2501
07-13-2009, 10:51 PM
"Juno and Illya want to introduce you to the team so you know who they are", Isara said. "The sooner you get to know each other the better. We're gonna be flying out pretty soon, there's a situation that we need to handle so I'm gonna be counting on you to keep an eye out for anything."

"I'm eating... As soon as I'm done, I'll get right on that." he promised. He dug his fork into the mash-potatos and quickly began devouring it. It was gone within seconds. He stared back at Isara.

"I was told to keep an eye on someone. He calls himself Akira. What exactly has he done that may compromise the mission?"
 Shana
07-15-2009, 12:39 AM
"It's not a question of what he's done persay", Isara replied and looked over to Akira's table. "He was involved in an incident that sort of split his persona in two. Corruption magic. He suddenly becomes violent, that's why we need you to keep an eye on him."

========

Shana noticed a transport leaving the hangar. It was a weird occurance, since all flights ceased after 10 pm. But there was no alarm, nothing to indicate anything was out of place but somehow Shana knew there was something wrong. She walked over to a maintenance officer who seemed to be working on a holographic console.

"Excuse me?", Shana said as she approached him, he turned around and greeted her with a salute which she returned. "Is it normal for a transport to be leaving past the curfew hours? I just saw one take off right now".

The maintenance officer looked puzzled, he then asked her what the transport looked like.

"It was a personnel transport", Shana informed and the man simply told her he would look into it and left.

A few hours later Juno got up from bed and noticed an envelope on her appartment's entrance corridor. It was addressed to her from Kai. She opened the letter and looked read it.

"So he went on his own", Juno said and looked out the window. "Good luck Kai. I have to report this though, but I might as well do it in a couple of hours. That way he might have enough of a window to do what he needs to do and then we'll retrieve the artifacts. That way we'll have a way to appeal on his behalf."
 Chevron 7 locke
07-15-2009, 1:00 AM
((After everyone is onboard the other ship should we do a week long time skip?))

One week...One week

Kai kept thinking the same thing over and over as he made himself comfortable on one of the seats and prepared to sleep.

One week...and I'll have to face quite possibly the most powerful opponet I have ever known. I don't even know If I'll survive. But still...for Hizuni it's worth trying.

Kai leaned back in the chair and began to fall asleep. The first sleep without the nightmares in a long time.
 Shana
07-15-2009, 5:02 PM
In the morning the transport ship took all selected personnel to the Altaira. Commander Carrington looked at everyone assebled in the hangar bay of the ship.

"This is an important situation, I want everyone in battle stations in ten hours", Carrington said and Juno looked out into space.

That should buy him enough time, Juno thought and walked over to Illya and Shana. "Akira, Wolf please come over here".
 CommanderQ
07-15-2009, 5:08 PM
Akira was surprised on how time had passed, and he had not gone crazy, yet. He had boarded the ship without problem, but everyone was strangely quiet. Perhaps it was the anticipation of the first mission...they'd get used to it, though.

"Akira, Wolf please come over here".

"Yes, Ma'am."

He saluted and walked over to the group.
 DrPhil2501
07-16-2009, 5:49 AM
When he heard his name being called, Wolf apporoached Juno with Akira next to him. He shot him a quick glance, then turned his head back. He didnt speak a word.

The hanger bay was filled with cargo crates and all sorts of machinery. It even contained those infamous exosuit cargo-loaders to carry heavy equipment. All the canons, missles and spare weaponry were stored away in a chamber room against the wall. The floor was built with the seal to the airlock below. Everything else within the hanger was an equivilance to a stronghold/warehouse.
 Shana
07-16-2009, 1:46 PM
Juno turned to them as they made their way over to where she and Illya and Shana were standing.

"Shana, Akira, this is Wolf", she said turning to Wolf and giving him a grin. "He's a mercenary hired to Division Nine as a support member of this team. He'll be looking out for you but he's not a babysitter so don't give him any grief".

Shana nodded and looked at Wolf bowing to him and smiling.

"Nice to meet you Wolf", Shana said and then turned to Illya who moved forward.

"We shall take this time to rest up. Make sure you're ready for deployment in nine hours. We have to assemble at the bridge, so make sure you come ready for action. This time you'll be heading in teams. Juno, Wolf and Akira are Lightning Squad, and Shana and Me are Star Squad. If you happen to meet with Kai tell him he's with Star Squad as well", Illya said and then placed a hand on Shana's shoulder motioning her to come with her which she did. Juno was left there with Wolf and Akira.

"Now that we're here alone, I'll take this opportunity to state something. You are both on my team and I did this for the sake of you Akira. In case you go wild again, Wolf has all the tools he needs to help us inmobilize you if you go on a frenzy again. But remember that if you think you can manage to control yourself then try to do so. Until we get a way to rid you of the corruptive magic Wolf will step in for measures", Juno said. She didn't want to scare him and of course Wolf wouldn't kill him but she was confident enough that Wolf would be able to deal with him in case he lost it again.
 CommanderQ
07-16-2009, 4:06 PM
Akira nodded to Captain Aiko, "I sure hope we don't have any problems...but thank you, Captain Aiko, on the precautions. I will try not to let the group down."

He then looked at the man called 'Wolf,' and gave a short bow, and offered his hand to shake.

"I'm sure we'll be good comrades as the missions progress. It is an honor to meet you."

He looked back at Captain Aiko, "Speaking of missions, Ma'am, but are we allowed to know the purpose of our mission?"
 Shana
07-17-2009, 1:14 AM
Juno looked from Akira to Wolf.

"We're going to secure some artifacts that have been used by a rogue group. One of our unit members is dealing with the responsible parties as we speak. While he takes care of the opposition we will make sure we get our hands on those artifacts", Juno said.
 Chevron 7 locke
07-17-2009, 2:44 AM
Above unregulated colony 72

Kai looked down through one of the viewscreens at the colony below him. Who would have thought I could have made it if I pushed the engines so hard?

The screen showed the same barren stretch of burnt land where countless deserted buildings stood, no one alive was left to claim them.

Except for the Mage and possibly Hizuni...he was the only living thing around. Hizuni...I'm coming for you imouto-chan... I promise. I won't fail you again.

He had slept for two days straight before finally reaching the colony, he had forgotten how good regular uninterupted sleep could be for the body. Now lets see here...If I'm going to crash the transport then I need to make sure that I have an escape route ready. Yes...this should do nicely.

Kai aimed the transport toward the life froms he had detected earlier and set the engines to overload. Hopefully it would look like he had died in a suicide attack on the mage.

The colony

Hizuni watched as the transport screamed through the sky, flying directly at the two of them with it's engines smoking from an overload presumebly.

"Master...shouldn't we move? I don't think I can stop him if he really does try and take us out in a suicide attack."

The mage merely extended his hand toward the sky and uttered two words. "Vortex Inferno." His flame shaped pendant chimed. "Vortex Inferno ready my lord."

"Fire."

A large spiral of flame shot out and engulfed the transport just as Kai jumped off and bounced down between two buildings and watched from his hiding spot as the transports was instantly engulfed in flames and then destroyed before it could even get close to him.

This...will be more difficult then I anticipated.
 DrPhil2501
07-17-2009, 4:59 AM
"I'm sure we'll be good comrades as the missions progress. It is an honor to meet you."

Wolf didnt say anything. He accepted the handshake and grunted. He turned back to Juno as Akira queried about the mission.

"We're going to secure some artifacts that have been used by a rogue group. One of our unit members is dealing with the responsible parties as we speak. While he takes care of the opposition we will make sure we get our hands on those artifacts"

"Then we dont waste anymore time." he spoke. "We begin preparing right now..."

Wolf dismissed himself and put himself to work. He placed his coat on a near-by chair and picked up cylindrical cargo containers to their appropriate areas.
 Chevron 7 locke
07-17-2009, 11:48 PM
Kai watched from his hiding spot in one of the abandoned buildings that littered the city as the mage deactivated his device and turned to his apprentice.

"He is here...I can feel him."

"Where is he Master? I want to show him how much stronger I've gotten since he left me behind."

"That in none of your concern. The only reason you were brought along is because I may need someone to distract him for a few moments. He has gotten much stronger then I anticipated he would. He's still not near my power level but he is not far beyond you. The two of you are nearly matched."

The mage nodded to his apprentice. "I will begin searching the outreaches of the colony. You are to search the city for him. If you find him, fight him, defeat him, but do not kill him. Understand?"

Hizuni nodded and walked slowly into the city.

Perfect... Kai thought.
 Shana
07-18-2009, 7:03 PM
In a remote part of the Universe...

A man stood infront of a monitor. He was dressed in a black armor. He had a patch over his left eye and had silver long hair.

"The Division Nine strike force is mobilizing my lord", the man in the black armor said.

Another man sitting on a chair looked over to him.

"It was to be expected. That power hungry idiot might prove himself useful to us. It might be time to move in and secure the data we need in the division's building. Tell our agent to move in now. We need samples for the Project P", the man on the chair said.

"But sire, why don't we just collect the subject and run the tests directly?", the black armored man asked.

"Because I stumbled upon the subject only a few years ago before I was outcast and my research destroyed. But when I performed the test, she was a viable candidate, at least her DNA proved as much", the man said.

"Alright then Lord Grier, it will be done", the armored man said.

"No mistakes Shevlan, none", Lord Grier said.

"Of course my lord", Shevlan said and left the room.

==========

A few hours later on the Altaria a report was passed to Commander Carrington that the medical bay had been infiltrated, a few vials of blood were stolen by an unknown thief.

"It has to be someone on the inside", Juno said. "No one could penetrate the peripheral defenses that easy, at least an alarm would've sounded, we have magical detectors as well as other technological sensors unknown to the general public, designed specifically by Isara".

"It is very troubling indeed", Commander Carrington spoke. "Have they identifyed which vials of DNA samples were stolen?"

"They stole some of all the females in the unit", Asuza said.

"Who might be after something like that?", Illya asked.

Commander Carrington stood up and began to pace around the conference room.

"We have no choice but to let things unfold for now. Let's concentrate our efforts in this situation. We will support Kai, even if he went by himself, and I can't agree with his actions, but as a unit this is our job. Gather everyone in battle stations, get Star and Lightning squads ready for deployment. If you encounter Kai, let him brief you on the current situation and support him", Commander Carrington said and dismissed everyone.

===========

Shana got into her uniform. She went over to the hangar bay to get ready for deployment. Illya slowly walked towards her. Shana was whispering a prayer with her hands together on her chest.

"What's up?", Illya asked her.

"Nothing, I was just saying a prayer", Shana said.

"For Kai?", Illya asked her with a smile.

"Yeah, he's down there by himself, at least this way I can support him while I'm not there on the field with him", Shana replied.

"I understand. Well we're Star Squad so we'll be in charge of looking for Kai while Juno, Akira and Wolf deal with the artifacts on the surface of the planet", Illya said.

"Are you sure we won't be interrupting Kai?", Shana asked with a frown.

"Juno is confident that by the time we reach the surface, Kai will have a big head start", Illya said.

Juno entered the hangar bay again and started to look for Wolf and Akira. When she saw them she called them over. The ship they were boarding was now in place. Commander Carrington appeared on the monitors.

"We will be in orbit inside the asteroid field of one of the moons, the magnetic field will hide our presence from them. Good luck to Star and Lightning Squads, we are counting on you", Commander Carrington said and then Isara and Kotomi walked over to their respective squads. Kotomi was with Lightning and Isara with Star.

Star Squad went inside the transport to await deployment.

(We will now wait for Chevron to move a bit more in his battle before deploying on the planet)
Page: 3 of 5