Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Magical Strike Force S

Page: 2 of 5
 Chevron 7 locke
07-02-2009, 12:35 AM
"Did you boys get a good sleep?"

"No."

Kai simply stared at the training ground, calculating all the possible trajecteries he could use if he were to use the buildings...all possible cover...and all possible areas from which an Ambush could come.

He couldn't help it. Living on the colony alone had made him rethink the way he thought and he couldn't change it right now even if he wanted to.

"When does the training begin?"
 CommanderQ
07-02-2009, 12:39 AM
He saluted the Captain.

"Did you boys get a good sleep?"

"Well enough, ma'am." He said in a cheery tone.

He hoped that know one could see the dark cycles under his eyes, that would be a problem. But at least he was ready for the training.

He stayed straight, keeping his salute up until the Captain returned it.

"So...uh...the training. It won't be too easy will it, ma'am?"
 Shana
07-02-2009, 12:08 PM
Captain Terranova was still typing in the mission parameters.

"It won't be really easy, but since it's your first day I don't want to start you off with more than you can handle. Think of this as test for past training", Captain Terranova said and at that moment a magical bridge leading to the construct appeared infront of them. "Alright, follow me in".

Shana followed Captain Terranova and stood in the middle of the street. Illya then pulled up two holographic screens showing some kind of robots.

"These are training drones. They have Anti-Magic Field defenses and will attack you on sight. There's the Senate Building up ahead in the middle of the construct. Enemy forces are engaging the building and have taken hostages", Illya said showing them another kind of robot that shined with a purple light. "These are the hostages, beware not to attack them. You are to clear all enemies from the area and secure the hostages. Remember that the Senate Building is a landmark of the city so try not to damage it".

"TRAINING EXCERSIZE INITIATED", A computerized voice announced.

"I'll be watching you from mission control, communicate, work together and trust each other", Illya said.

Shana took her pendant in hand.

"Queen's Heart, Setup!", Shana said. "Standby, Ready", Queen's heart replied.

Shana transformed on the spot, she had her clothes replaced with a white trenchcoat, a white shirt, a blue, white and red vest and a blue skirt with red laces. Her Device then shifted into a staff.

She then lifted into the air and moved towards the center of the city.

I will help you with the exterior of the building, you guys concentrate on getting inside, she said in her mind to her teammates.

When she arrived she could see the drones waiting for them.

They started to fly in to take positions to defend themselves. Shana took her staff and pointed it towards the entrance of the senate building.

"Shooting mode", Queen's heart said and the staff changed to sort of a gunblade on the tip.

A pink pentagram appeared below her.

"Destiny Canon!", Shana said and a pink ball of energy appeared from the tip of the barrel on the staff. "Destiny Canon, standby ready!", Queen's heart replied.

"Fire!", Shana said. The ball of energy now became a great beam shooting towards the entrance of the senate building, to the drones in keeping guard outside the lobby. She hit them and some of them were destroyed in the blast that followed.

"Cartridge Load", Queen's heart said and Shana readied her staff. "Locator mode". Three orbs of pink energy shot around the area looking for possible targets. "Scan complete".

"So there's five over at the east side, three on the west and an automated gun post on the southern entrance", She said to herself.

"Alright then, let's do it Queen's heart!", Shana said and her device shined.

She aimed her staff and looked over to the east as some of the drones came flying into her direction. Two of the drones fired energy balls over to her.

"Round shield", Queen's heart said and materialized directly in front of her a pentagram that blocked the coming attacks.

"Eager Cleaver!", Shana shouted and Queen's heart acknowledged by simply replying "Alright, Eager Cleaver, Standby Ready".

At that moment several small orbs appearing before her took the form of spearheads and shot towards the drones effectively taking down the three that launched against her but the other two seemed to have a greater defense mechanism as they dispelled the magic using a barrier.

"Those drones have a higher Anti-Magic Field, we'll have to make our attacks penetrate by combining our attacks", she said in her mind so that her teammates would know. They could talk to each other telepathically, this was something every mage knew how to do.
 CommanderQ
07-02-2009, 12:33 PM
Shana had already activated her pendant, and Akira moved to do the same.

"New Dawn! Setup!" He waited for a moment, "Standby...ready!"

Immediatley, his uniform transformed into black heavy body armor, and he wore a black helmet with a red laser-sight on the side. He also wore guantleys which had two blades portruding from the side.

New Dawn became a staff, with a black eagle at its top, and two blades surrounding it.

Shana, we'll be rushing the building...keep us covered. He said telepathically.

He then dropped into a roll, dodging incoming fire, and sprinted towards the building. Akira reached it quickly, but the front entrance was gaurded, and his helmet's HUD registered that the Hostages were higher up.

"Power Claws! Setup!" With that, sharp claws portruded from his gloves and he jumped onto the side of the building, and started climbing fast.
 Chevron 7 locke
07-02-2009, 12:49 PM
I will help you with the exterior of the building, you guys concentrate on getting inside

Kai nodded. He wasn't exacly sure why he heard Shana's voice in his head or if it was a good thing but It seemed useful.

"Dark Guardian...setup." The pendant pulsed once. "Standby...Ready." The pendant answered in a sinister voice and then it laughed.

Kai's clothes morphed into a black long coat and his familiar sickle shaped sword appeared in his hand.

Without another word Kai took off into the city toward the Senate Building as quickly as he could.

After a short while of running he finally ran into his first drone.

"Sword Empower..." The sword pulsed once. "Sword Empower...standby ready."

Kai took another look at the drone which had it's back turned to him. It either didn't see him or didn't care.

"Dark Aura." The sword began to pulse wildly. "Dark Aura...Standby...Ready."

Kai jumped forward and managed to slice halfway through it before his sword stopped short of cutting all the way through.

Kai stopped to think for a moment as the thing began to fire at him. "Berserker Form Activate."

Kai's eyes instantly turned a Dark Red color and his hair began to grow down to his waist at a very fast rate. His muscles began to expand at a much faster rate even as the drone began to fire at him even faster.

This is how I should live...through combat.

Kai grabbed the drone and simply ripped the thing in half with brute force alone and then turned to five other drones that had appeared when Kai had ripped the last one in half.

With a roar of anger, he charged the remaining drones with his sword.

"Dark Lightning!" The sword pulsed an eerie red color. "Dark Lightning...Standby...Ready."

""Fire!" Kai shouted.

The Drones stood there temperarily disabled by Kai's lightning blast, the attack it seemed, wasn't strong enough to destroy them but it looked like it was enough to cut through their Anti-magic shields and disable them.

Kai watched grimly and then continued onto the Senate Building.

May magic help anyone who stands in my way.
 Shana
07-02-2009, 1:56 PM
Captain Terranova watched the exersize through the holographic monitors. Captain Aiko walked up to her and stood by her watching everything in the monitors. One camera followed Shana, one followed Kai and the other followed Akira.

"Kai is too fierce. Even if it's just an exersize", Captain Terranova said.

"I have faith in him. He's a good young man. I have trust that with Shana at his side, he will finally break the chains of his past", Captain Aiko said.

Illya turned to look at Juno a bit puzzled.

"What do you mean with Shana at his side?", Illya asked.

"I have discovered that Shana was able to ease the nightmares that Kai has, she was able to wake him. A security video I collected from last night. I had been watching over Kai since he arrived into the Federation. I had a feeling Shana and him would make contact eventually", Juno said and looked over at Illya who seemed worried. "Don't worry about her. If she's as strong as you think she is, she will endure the path ahead".

"I trust you Juno but I'm not comfortable putting my little sister at risk", Illya said.

"She won't be at risk. I have confidence that Kai will not harm her", Juno said.

=============================

Back on the training field, Shana was taking fire from the drones but she simply covered and dodged everything effectively.

She readied her staff once more. "Star Dust", her device said and a heavy cloud of sharp dust surrounded a few of the drones. She effectively penetrated their defenses with this and then used her Eager Cleaver to destroy the remaining ones.

"Scanning Area", her device said and then reported. "Area Clear".

Shana lowered her staff, it seemed all enemies from the outside were down. She was about to report it when the gun post of the southern entrance came into view. She turned around but at that moment it was too late. The drone fired a beam towards her hitting and causing her to fly backwards and crash through a wall. She got up with effort and looked over at the gun post.

"Damn it, I left my guard down", Shana said. She then flew out of the building she crashed into and moved closer to the drone firing her Destiny Canon at it with not much success. "Alright then, Excellion Form Activate!"

"Standby, Ready. Excellion Form", her deviced replied.

A bigger pink pentagram stood below her. Three clones of her device appeared and floated over her, one over her head, one at her left and one on her right.

"Excellion...", Shana said as the energy charged infront of her and on each device clone. "Buster!".

All three device clones and her device fired an energy beam that came together becoming a huge tidal wave of power that decimated the gun post's defenses and went right through to destroy it.

You're all clear outside for the hostage extraction, the rest is up to you guys, Shana said in her mind to Kai and Akira.
 CommanderQ
07-02-2009, 2:29 PM
The Hostages were near...Akira knew it. In fact, they were right in front of him, just with a concrete wall away. He was still hanging onto the Senate wall, hundreds of feet above the ground.

Digging his power claws into the wall, he managed a small hole, which he busted to become larger.

He slipped through, and saw the droid hostages. A sudden feeling of pleasure came to him, and he took out a small pistol from his armor, using it to shoot the two gaurd droids. They collapsed in a heap of electricity.

Then the unexpected happened.

Instead of holstering his pistol and saving the hostages, he adjusted his aim, and blew several holes into the back of the hostage droids, which also collapsed in a heap of broken metal and electric wires.

Unknown to him, he was giggling quietly as he did this. He felt extremely good..almost to the point were he really didn't care what happened.

He began to kick the hostage droids, this made him even happier for some strange reason. Akira was no longer in complete control of his actions but he didn't care. He emptied more rounds into the already dead hostage droids.

After several minutes of giggling, kicking, and shooting, he crumpled to his knees.

"What was that...."He said weakly to himself.
 Chevron 7 locke
07-02-2009, 2:47 PM
((CQ went bonkers huh?))

Kai watched the top of the Senate building as he ran toward it. There were nearly ten guard droids rising from a hole in the top. The droids were arrayed in a circular pattern to watch all areas.

He just kept running and jumped up to the very top of the building right in the middle of the droid's circle. The droids instantly turned and began firing at him at full strength.

Pain...It hurts...

Kai tried to ignore the pain and grabbed two of the droids and slammed them together even as the rest of them increased their rate of fire.

He dropped the sword and slammed two more sets of the droids together and then ripped the last few of them apart with his hands.

He wasn't even breathing heavily but he was in for a bit of a shock as he looked down and saw Akira begin to slaughter the hostages.

Traitor...TRAITOR!

Kai leaped down the hole and kept leaping off walls and other objects as he headed for the ground, hit the floor at full speed, drew his sword and cracked Akira over the head with it as hard as he could.

I'll kill the traitor later...There is only one Hostage droid left and it looks like there are more guard droids in the area.

Kai grabbed the last remianing hostage droid and blew out of the building as fast as he could.

The fool went insane. I'm going to end him. Kai broadcast the thought to Shana.

"Black Lightning..." Kai growled as we walked back into the building minus the droid. "Black Lightning. Standby...Ready." The sword pulsed once.

Kai stared directly at Akira.

"Traitors will not be tolerated. You deserve to be put to death for your actions...you have cost us the mission and we have failed."

He pointed his sword directly at Akira's head.
 Shana
07-02-2009, 3:00 PM
Shana could hear what Kai said and her eyes widened. End him? Shana charged full speed ahead and saw Akira on the ground and Kai ready to fire at him. Before the charge hit him. Shana activated her round shield infront of Kai, but Kai had put so much power into his blow it broke through the shield.

Just before she took the blow fully she said in her mind in order for Kai to hear.

Remember who you are.

She took the blow after that and was sent flying through one of the buildings. She lay unconcious on the ground, her armor with several pieces torn apart and was bleeding from others.

Captain Terranova raced through the sky and rushed over to Shana. She picked her up in her arms and shot a sad look towards Kai, not anger, not rage, sadness.

Captain Aiko landed beside Kai and Akira and bounded both of them with her restraining magic.

"I think we should calm down and try to think about what just happened right now", Captain Juno said as Illya flew to the infirmary with Shana in her arms.
 Chevron 7 locke
07-02-2009, 3:30 PM
((I was actually going to fire a thunderbolt at him but I guess that works as well.))

Remember who you are.

Kai's eyes went wide as the shield appeared in front of his attack. He tried desperatly to slow the blow but he had somehow put too much force into it.

no...No....NO!

And then his heart nearly stopped as Shana herself stepped in front of the attack.

NO! The traitor was one who was supposed to pay for costing us the mission! He was the one! Not the girl! Him!

He watched as they flew Shana presumbly to the infirmary and he attempted to follow even as he felt the restaining magic take hold. His sword flashed and turned back into the Dark Guardian pendant.

No...Not this time...I will not be stopped.

"I think we should calm down and try to think about what just happened right now"

"Go...to Hell. The traitor...cost us the mission...and I will deal with him later. But not...right now."

Kai strained even harder against the restraining magic and his pendant began to flash wildly.

"You must stop. The injuries you took in your advanced form are begining to catch up with you. You must get medical attention. Your body is going into overload."

"Shut...Up! I need...to make sure I...didn't kill her. I will not be stopped by a pendant...I will not be stopped...by your captains...or by my body's...Injuries. I will...make it!"

He forced himself to go even harder against the magic until he finally felt the spell 'break' and he staggered forward toward the infirmary.

I will make it...I will make it...I will make it...I will make it...I will make it...I will make it...I will make it...

Kai kept on forcing himself forward...away from the traitor, away from the captains who were most likely already preparing an even more powerful spell to restain him.

I...couldn't have killed her...I must not have killed her...I will deal with the traitor...in my own time...I...Need to make sure she's alive...
 Shana
07-02-2009, 3:43 PM
Juno looked at Kai, her expression remained serious. Akira was still out cold. Juno's expression softened.

"She's alive Kai, I'm sure she'll be alright. What was it she told you?", Juno said and calmly repeated the words Shana had used. She thought if she told him the words, he'd remember Shana's voice and stop himself and calm down. "Remember who you are. That's what she said wasn't it?"

Juno did not attempt to restrain him again. She wanted him to react on his own. To come back to his senses on his own.
 Chevron 7 locke
07-02-2009, 4:59 PM
"Remember who you are. That's what she said wasn't it?"

Kai kept staggering toward the Infirmary, the impact of her words didn't hit him until a moment later.

"I..am myself...right now." he panted as the pain began to reach agonizing levels. "And I will tell you...right now. If I ever see...that traitor....near her...again....I will kill him...and I promise you...he will suffer."

Kai's pendant began to pulse red rapidly and the pendant began to chime repeatedly in alarm. "Warning: Metabolic functions are at Critical levels. Body strength is at Critical levels. Magic levels are at Critical levels. Massive internal and external damage to your body has been detected. Injuries may become fatal if medical attention is not recieved immediatly. Possibility of fatal injury is at sixty percent and slowly rising."

Kai kept on going even as the left side of his body and then part of his right side flared in pain.

"Warning: Possibility of Fatal injury has just jumped to Ninety percent probability. Immediate Medical assistance must be found."

Kai growled as his legs buckled under him and he hit the ground face first. He began to drag himself along with his arms now.

I...will...make...it!
 Shana
07-02-2009, 5:16 PM
Juno stared at him. He was forcing himself too much, he would die pretty soon if he did not stop. A voice carried itself towards them. A voice of another woman.

"Healing wind", the voice said and a green pentagram appeared beneath Kai. "This spell will stop the damage temporarily. You can't get to the infirmary on your own young man. If you want to see her again, don't you think that killing yourself on the way defeats the purpose?"

Captain Juno looked around and saw two other women standing there. One was Vice-captain Isara Ine of the Star Squad and the other who performed the spell was the Chief medical officer Asuza Keichi.

Juno then looked over to Kai. He was now engulfed by a green light. The spell helped the person inside the pentagram heal slowly but effectively.

"Kai, don't throw your life away like this. There are still those who need your strength", Juno said.

Captain Terranova comunicated at that moment with Juno.

"We're in the infirmary now. The doctor's say she's only got flesh wounds and minor injuries. She suppresed most of the attack with her defensive magic. She's gonna be out for a couple of days but she's going to be alright", Illya said and the camera turned over to Shana lying in the hospital bed wrapped up in bandages but her life signs were normal.

Juno turned the holographic screen towards Kai.

"See? She's sleeping right now, but she's gonna be fine", Juno said and then knelt before him. "I have high hopes for you Kai, I've watched you for a long time. Just give yourself time, the load you carry will lessen, but for that you need to stay alive".
 CommanderQ
07-02-2009, 6:18 PM
Last thing Akira knew, he was out cold. Falling down right next to the victims of his outburst. Darkness closed in on his vision, and he lost complete control.

A while later...

Akira cracked an eyelid, examining the area.

He couldn't move his hands, arms, legs, anything....he was restrained.

What is this place? Where am I?

He provided his own answers...a medical facility, and in the hands of the enemy...whoever they were.

He could still use his fingers, and the strap was high on enough on his wrist that he could....

It only took a moment, his fingers danced on the lock, which was quickly out of the way. He discreetly moved the free hand and undid the other strap, then the legs and chest.

The other people in the room, presumably Medical Officers, had failed to notice him.

He stood quickly, and right behind one of the nearby Officers who was examining some sharp looking metal instruments. He grabbed her by the back of the head and slammed her onto the tray, knocking her out and injuring her pretty badly. As she fell, he grabbed a pistol sidearm that was on her coat.

He then turned, pistol at the ready, he aimed at the first Medical Officer who turned to face him.

"I demand to know what's going on!!!!"
 Shana
07-02-2009, 6:25 PM
"I demand to know what's going on!!!!"

"Don't dig your grave too soon kid", Vice-Captain Isara said as she performed a binding spell on him. "My name is Vice-Captain Isara Ine. I'm a commanding officer of the Star Squad in Division 9. You're still a rookie, you jump to conclusions too early".

She moved closer to him and removed the weapon from his hand.

"What were you intending to do? Shoot a friendly? Don't you know you could get court martialed for this?", Isara asked him not really wanting answers. She moved over to the medical attendant who was injured by him and she performed a healing spell for her, not as advanced as Asuza's but enough to make her come to her senses.

"You were brought here in restraints because you lost your control out there. You killed the hostages in a training session and laughed about it as you did. Care to explain these actions?", Isara questioned him.
 CommanderQ
07-02-2009, 6:52 PM
Akira arched an eyebrow, "What?"

He looked around the area, something was familiar, but at the same time it wasn't.

Strange...

"Lies. I know it. You are the enemy, I'm sure of it. Therefore, I don't care about your Court-Martials. I'm dead anyways!"

He tried to move to the side, but he was bound in position. His legs seemed to be able to move though...

Akira sweeped the Vice Captain and tried to retrieve his weapon.
 Chevron 7 locke
07-02-2009, 7:04 PM
"This spell will stop the damage temporarily. You can't get to the infirmary on your own young man. If you want to see her again, don't you think that killing yourself on the way defeats the purpose?"

Kai was still stuck on the ground as the Captain's words echoed in his head. Although the magic was doing it's job, he still felt like he couldn't move.

Damn it...

"Kai, don't throw your life away like this. There are still those who need your strength"

I...Decide who uses my strength...

"See? She's sleeping right now, but she's gonna be fine I have high hopes for you Kai, I've watched you for a long time. Just give yourself time, the load you carry will lessen, but for that you need to stay alive".

Kai finally felt like he could stand and he rose unsteadily to his feet.

"I will live how I choose to live."

Kai turned and watched through narrowed eyes as they carried the still out-cold Akira away. "When he wakes up...tell the traitor that if he goes near her...I'll kill him. Consequences be damned."

Kai turned back toward the infirmary and limped toward it.

His pendant chimed and flashed once. "Damage to the body has been temporarily stopped. Estime time until the healing wears off: Fifteen minutes, thirty-two seconds. When the spell wears off your body will be at seventy percent chance of fatal injury."

"Status of my body?"

"Body and Metabolic rate are slightly above critical levels. Immediate medical attention is required. Heart rate has temporarily increased to slightly above critical levels. Immediate medical attention is required. Internal and external injuries are still present and require immediate medical attention."

Good enough.

Kai limped off toward the infirmary at a slightly faster pace.

Later.

Kai limped into Shana's room around fourteen minutes later with a grimance on his face. The pain was begining to return.

He looked down at her in the bed wrapped in bandages and he smiled briefly. She...is breathing. They weren't lying...I didn't kill her.

"Warning: Possibility of fatal injury at ninety percent."

Kai fell back into one of the chairs and promptly lost the ability to stay awake. He fell back and was out cold.
 Shana
07-02-2009, 7:24 PM
Asuza followed Kai inside Shana's room and when he was completely out cold she took him to a healing chamber. She placed him inside and put a breathing mask on him. She then proceeded to fill the chamber with the healing liquid they used. He was going to be ok. He'd probably be cured by the time he woke up.

Juno came inside the room and walked over to Asuza.

"Do me a favor Asuza. Put him in the same room Shana's in", Juno said.

"But Illya asked me not to disturb Shana", Asuza replied frowning.

"I'll talk to Illya", Juno said and Asuza nodded in agreement.

A few hours later they moved Kai to a bed beside Shana's. Juno was sitting down looking from Shana's bed to Kai's.

Isara was not caught off guard by Akira, and so she took out her device which was in the form of an Axe and placed it under his chin.

"Any last words cadet?", Isara said with a grin on her face. Captain Terranova entered the room.

"Isara!", Illya said as she walked in. Isara removed the weapon from Akira's chin and destroyed the pistol before he'd get another funny idea.

Illya then showed Akira what happened through a holographic interface, the moment he went crazy, all that followed after that and the moment Shana stood infront of Kai to protect him. At the sight of this Illya closed her eyes, a single tear coming down her eyes.

"Care to explain why you killed the hostages in this training exersize?", Illya asked looking at him straight into his eyes. "What happened out there?"
 CommanderQ
07-02-2009, 7:37 PM
"Any last words cadet?"

Akira smiled a large grin, and he began to chuckle quietly.

He actually felt slightly disappointed that she didn't finish the job. The enemy was weak. They couldn't kill.

"Care to explain why you killed the hostages in this training exercise? What happened out there?"

"Uh....." He tried his best to think back.

He tried and tried, but couldn't recall anything....but then suddenly, he remembered something.

He was climbing the side of the building, and then busted a whole in the side of the building. He saw the hostages, killed the gaurds, but then...then...then...he was no longer Akira, and killed the hostages. For that moment, he was no longer Akira.

Suddenly, Akira returned, and his face visibly softened. His eyes registered disbelief, and utter regret. He also began to weep quietly, as much as he didn't want to, he could no longer hold it back.

"What have I done...."

He felt weak, and probably would have fallen to his knees if it hadn't been for the binding spell.
 Shana
07-02-2009, 10:30 PM
"It is as you thought Illya", Isara said looking at Akira.

Illya nodded and then looked over at the door. Asuza went in, examining everything in the scene before it.

"Judging from what we've seen right now, it seems that he's suffering from some kind of dual personalities. It's best if we keep you under observation for now Akira, at least a few days until Shana wakes up", Asuza said. And Illya turned to Akira.

"It's probably best if you stay away from Shana for a while, at least until we can sort things out", Illya said and walked out of the room. Isara sat Akira down on a wheelchair with the binding charm still active. They took him to a room with a ECG machine.

"We're gonna perform some tests Akira to see what got zapped while you were out there and compare that to the stats during the exersize", Asuza said. "Just relax, it will be over pretty soon".
 Chevron 7 locke
07-02-2009, 10:37 PM
Kai couldn't help but dream whenever he fell asleep, and that was when the nightmares came for him again.

But this time...this time was different.

Even as he stood against the hordes of the mage and battled against them he couldn't help but feel that something was different.

There was another presence within his dream. He could feel the presence on the otherside of the army and he could feel whoever it was fighting.

He battled his way through the army as he always would and that was when the dream took an unexpected turn.

The mage's blasts did not hit and he was not consumed by pain. He saw the mage surrounded by his warriors and he could hear screams coming from behind the wall of invaders.

"Get out of the way!"

Kai sliced his way through praying that this time it would be different...that this time it would turn out better.

But he was horrified this time...this time he saw something that nearly stopped his heart.

The two squad captains were laying on the floor with blood pooling out from under them. Kai couldn't take his eyes off them for a long while.

Kai took a shocked step forward and the mage grinned and then pulled his hand from behind his back and threw another body on top of the other two.

The familair face of Shana stared up with blank lifeless eyes and Kai's eyes blazed with hatred as he looke down at the bodies.

"Why...Why is it not simply you and I fighting as we always do?! Why are the others included in the dream?! WHY?!"

The mage grinned and then the pile of bodies on the ground were lit up in flames.

"Stop this!"

The mage grinned again and Kai lept at him just as the power the mage had been gathering struck him and knocked him to the floor as it always would.

This time the mage leaned in close and whispered in his ear. "Your feelings make you weak boy...You'll never be able to kill me...not by yourself, not with your friends and not with your precious 'feelings.' The girl...the two captains you are begining to respect...I'll find them all and end them, just as I ended them here."

Kai screamed in rage and attempted to strike the mage only to be blasted to the ground yet again. "I'll kill you! I'll kill you!"

The mage powered up another blast in his hands. "You'll never stop me...never find me....Never reverse the curse on your pendant. Every night I'll come back and kill them and you won't be able to stop me."

Kai growled in rage as the mage's blast hit him full in the face and the dream began again...just as it always would.
 Shana
07-02-2009, 11:32 PM
Illya entered the conference room. Commander Carrington and Juno were already there. Isara and Asuza followed soon after and finally the other Vice-Captain of the Lightning Squad Kotomi Furawa also joined the conference.

"I've been going over the video of the training session. It doesn't really look very good", Commander Carrington said.

"Terra, they slipped up, they'll make up for it, it will be fine", Illya said.

"Well, I have to be honest with you. I don't see any future in this unit if things carry on like this", Terra said getting up from her chair and pacing around the room. "I started this unit with the desire to stop those who will do harm to others for power, by obtaining artifacts to get this power. What can we hope to do if our own members can't keep it together?"

Juno looked around at everyone and then she looked down.

"I am sorry Illya, I know I said nothing would happen to Shana. But I still have faith in Kai, because we're somewhat similar. I too had a curse my mother put on me and thanks to all of you I was able to break that curse and carry on", Juno said and then looked at everyone in the room. "I want him to have the same chance I had, to live freely like I do".

Illya smiled warmly at her friend.

"I understand, you also opened my eyes. I almost lost her back there. I can't remain silent anymore. I will tell her the truth", Illya said.

"I trust all of you to put them on the right path my friends. It is my hope that this unit will become the power needed to retain peace. To save all those we care about", Terra said and then turned to face all of them. "We'll talk later, dismissed".

===============================

2 days later...

Asuza was checking Shana's life signs, everything was normal. She was bound to wake up any moment now. Illya remained in the room sitting on a chair close to Shana. And Juno kept silent and sitting right infront of Kai's bed. She knew Kai was having the nightmares as he always did. She had nothing to help him with except a voice recording of Shana saying "Remember who you are". She would play it to him in hopes it helped him sleep better.
 CommanderQ
07-02-2009, 11:52 PM
Two days stuck in an observation room.

Two days.

And Akira spent the entire time anxious as to what would happen to him.

He didn't even know he lost control during the training exercise, he wouldn't be able to tell if he switched back suddenly. Maybe that was the only time it would happen?

Akira hoped that was the case, but all odds pointed against it.

He paced back and forth in front of the observation window, letting the food that was set out go cold. His stomach wouldn't let him eat, he was that nervous and anxious.

There was a chair in front of the observation window, so, to break the habit of walking back and forth endlessly, he sat down and stared at the window.

"So....how is she doing?"

He knew that those observing had heard him, and they knew who he was asking about.
 Shana
07-03-2009, 12:03 AM
Isara and Kotomi were watching Akira, at least until Illya or Juno came back to check on him.

"She's fine Akira, she should be waking up any moment now", Isara said. "Have you remembered anything from the training exersize, from the point where you got to the hostages and what happened next?"

Isara looked over to the monitors, they were recording everything. He wouldn't spend more time in observation, they had already gathered some data and knew there was different brain activity during the time he went insane and before that.
 CommanderQ
07-03-2009, 12:21 AM
"She's fine Akira, she should be waking up any moment now. Have you remembered anything from the training exersize, from the point where you got to the hostages and what happened next?"

He nodded, "I'm glad she'll be waking up soon.....and no..I'm sorry....I'm trying my best to remember anything out of the ordinary...but I can only remember the circumstances not anything else...I'm sorry."

For the first 24 hours of observation, he had done nothing but try to remember. But to no avail, but something came to mind.

"I do not know, but my former Sergeant, Yamamoto, might know. Have you contacted him yet?"
 Chevron 7 locke
07-03-2009, 12:44 AM
"Remember who you are. Remember who you are. Remember who you are. Remember who you are. Remember who you are. Remember who you are."

The words were almost like background music, Kai knew that they must have a recording of her voice because the real Shana wouldn't repeat them constantly like the way the voice was. The voice that spoke the words was...emotionless much like Kai himself.

Kai watched as again and again as the two captains bled on the floor and the body of Shana would stare up at the sky with lifeless eyes and the mage would laugh over and over again.

It has never been this long before...two days of watching them die...watching the colony burn around me...two days of trying to fight the mage and losing every time.

And yet Kai fought as it was his duty to do. He would fight as he was destined to and then he would lose as he was destined to and then the dream would start over and the bodies of his captains and Shana would fall on the floor again.

Kai looked up just as the mage's magic slammed into him and the dream began yet again. No matter what I do...no matter what strategy I use...I will lose. It is my destiny.
 Shana
07-03-2009, 2:32 PM
Shana opened her eyes slowly. She looked at the light of the hospital room and then focused her eyes. She looked to her left and saw Illya holding her hand.

"Captain?", Shana said her voice trembling a bit.

Illya smiled warmly and a tear began to run down her cheek.

"You're fine Shana, you're safe", Illya said.

"Where's Kai and Akira?", Shana asked. Illya turned her eyes to the bed next of Shana's. She turned her head to see Kai on the bed next to her. She could tell Kai was having the same nightmare.

"To leave Kai like this is torture", Shana said and tried sit straight in her bed. Illya tried to reach for her to stop her, but instead she helped her up.

Shana then reached for Kai's hand. She looked at him.

"We can change destiny Kai, you will win", Shana said with conviction, she honestly believed Kai could win, she already knew how strong he really was. "Lets break those chains, together".

Illya looked at Shana, she didn't know if she knew the details of what happened to Kai, but her words were filled with hope and love. She reminded her about herself, how she was the same way. This made Illya feel closer to Shana in a way. Shana then ran her fingers through Kai's hair.

"As long as you remember who you are, you'll never be beaten", Shana told him once more honestly believing in him. She didn't know what it was she felt for him, but she knew she had developed a bond with him in the short time that they had encountered each other.

=====================================

Isara nodded to herself.

"We've talked to Sergeant Yamamoto, he's currently picking up a trainee from Sigmunde. He'll arrive soon. You can talk to him then, see if he can explain things, he's preparing a report too, so whatever he tells you we'll know about it. In order for us to help you, we need to know all the details", Isara said and then pressed a button. The door to the observation room opened.

"You are free to go for now Akira, just make sure you keep an eye on your holographic interface we will call you to inform you about the arrival of Sergeant Yamamoto. You are in temporary leave before the audience with him", Isara said. "Just remember, stay away from Shana and Kai at the moment. At least until things cool down".
 CommanderQ
07-03-2009, 3:06 PM
Akira nodded, "I will stay aware of the holographic interface....and I will not go near Shana and Kai. For both their safety, and mine. Thank you, Ma'am."

He snapped to attention and saluted, then marched out of the observation room, bound for the outside of the Hospital.

Akira hoped that he would not go through another manic episode, he feared that he wouldn't be able to return from it.

Dual personalities...that is bizarre without a doubt.

It seemed to Akira that nothing really could done to help him, and suicide was looking like a very tempting option. He hoped it wouldn't come to that, but if there was no other option...

He shook the thought away and put on his cap as he left the building. He didn't know where he'd leave to, walking forward just seemed the best idea, where ever that was.
 Chevron 7 locke
07-03-2009, 4:03 PM
The dream was becoming strange. Unstable. Freakish.

Sometimes Kai saw his own face instead of the regular face of the mage, sometimes he saw the face of the traitor instead of the face of the mage. But two things always remained the same. He would watch Shana and the two captains die. And then he would die at the hands of the mage.

The traitor is a danger to us all. Even as I am stuck in this damn dream he may be finishing off The Captains and Shana right now and I am powerless.

As he watched the colony burn around him he looked at his pendant for third time since the dream began and considered using the Berserker form. He had done it once while in the dream...and he had sworn never to do so again.

I will not wake up as myself. I will wake up as someone even worse then the mage. I would try to kill anyone in sight...At least the mage would not turn on his allies.

He looked away from his pendant and back at the mage who was currently throwing the bodies of the captains to the floor.

Not this time. But if this keeps up much longer I may have no choice.

"We can change destiny Kai, you will win. Lets break those chains, together".

Kai looked up at the burning sky sharply. This wasn't the recorded voice. This was the real thing.

"Destiny cannont be changed!" he shouted to the sky. "I have fought this man for nearly eleven years...and I have died each time!"

"As long as you remember who you are, you'll never be beaten"

Kai looked back at the mage just as the mage's blast hit him again.

This time the colony did not burn around him. This time there was a bright light in his eyes, but despite that he could see the vauge outlines of beds around him.

I'm in the Infirmary...My body is not in pain...Two days must have been long enough for them to fix up the injuries caused by the drones...

His eye's slowly adjusted to the bright light he was seeing and he saw Shana on the opposite bed holding his hand.

"You...are wrong. Destiny cannot be changed. The Chains will never be broken as long as either the Mage or I live. One of us must die for the chains to break."
 Shana
07-03-2009, 5:18 PM
"Are you already admitting defeat?!", Shana asked him with tears in her eyes. "Why can't you get it through your head that we can kill him? We can find him, we will track him down, wherever he goes we'll be one step behind him. We will catch up to him. And we will kill him".

Shana stood up from her bed and let go of his hand.

"If you already believe destiny can't change, if you already believe that the chains can't be broken. Then why continue? Why keep pushing yourself?", Shana said and looked over to him. "I know in my heart you don't really mean that, otherwise you wouldn't try so hard everytime. But it doesn't matter what I say right? You just won't believe me. I honestly hope you can believe it yourself one day. I just hope I'm around when you finally realize it".

Shana then left the room. Illya walked behind her. Taking her to the locker rooms so she would change. Shana would not spend another minute in a hospital bed, she had been in one for two years. Juno however stayed behind. She was still in the room and looked over at Kai.

"There's still a lot of work to be done, if you're interested, keep watch on your holographic interface. You'll get a message sooner or later. If you want to show up we'll gladly welcome you back", Juno said and left the room so Kai was by himself.
 Chevron 7 locke
07-03-2009, 5:30 PM
"Are you already admitting defeat?!"

Kai lowered his head. People had asked the same thing of him before...but the way she said it hurt him. Badly.

No...It is not yet over.

"If you already believe destiny can't change, if you already believe that the chains can't be broken. Then why continue? Why keep pushing yourself? I know in my heart you don't really mean that, otherwise you wouldn't try so hard everytime. But it doesn't matter what I say right? You just won't believe me. I honestly hope you can believe it yourself one day. I just hope I'm around when you finally realize it".

She doesn't understand...She doesn't realize that that damn mage is somehow watching me suffer. That no matter what strategy I use, no matter how hard I try...he beats me.

"You don't understand...You have no idea what it is like in my nightmare. You have no idea of the power he weilds in my head." Kai couldn't help but mutter a response as she left the room.

"There's still a lot of work to be done, if you're interested, keep watch on your holographic interface. You'll get a message sooner or later. If you want to show up we'll gladly welcome you back"

Kai nodded. He wasn't aware that he'd left anything.

He watched as the captain left the room...Shana's words did make a bit of sense to him. But the mage...He would have to defeat him in his mind...and in real life in order to break the curse.

"Captain...could I speak to you for a moment?"
 Shana
07-03-2009, 5:40 PM
"You don't understand...You have no idea what it is like in my nightmare. You have no idea of the power he weilds in my head."

Shana caught these words as she was leaving to the locker room. She lowered her head and continued down to the locker room.

He's right, I don't understand... but... I don't know what to think... Do I want to understand?....., she thought to herself as she walked to the Locker room.

Juno was about to leave the room when Kai asked a word with her. This was new, he barely spoke to anyone, he pretty much kept to himself. She was in a way happy that he finally wanted to speak.

"Of course, call me Juno, what's on your mind Kai?", Juno asked him sitting down on a chair.
 Chevron 7 locke
07-03-2009, 6:00 PM
"Of course, call me Juno, what's on your mind Kai?"

"I will continue to call you by your rank. But that is not the point. I hope that what Shana said is true...that I can defeat the mage and remove the curse he placed."

Kai took a deep breath before continuing

"I...am unused to asking for help or accepting help from another but I feel I no longer have a choice. The nightmares have become even worse...I believe that the mage is still out there...and that he is manipulating the dreams because he believes that I can get help. In the nightmare...I keep seeing Shana killed by the mage. Sometimes the Mage has my own face, sometimes he has the traitor's face. But each time he ends up killing me."

"I spent two days watching her die...and I don't want to experience that ever again. I heard that some people have the ability to use their magic to...join minds so to speak."

This is going to be strange...asking for help.

"I need help. The battle I'm fighting with him has to be fought on two fronts. I need to get rid of the imprint he left on my mind...and I need to destroy him in real life in order to lift the curse on my pendant. I don't trust the traitor to go inside my mind...and I know that I can't defeat him on my own. If I were to find someone who would journey into my mind with me...would you allow it?"
 CommanderQ
07-03-2009, 6:03 PM
Akira was walking past one of the natural rivers that ran through the city. For city rivers, these ones were surprisingly deep and strong, the current and size were the only unnatural thing about the water.

He sat down on a bench overlooking a bridge.

What happened during the training exercise...what happened.... The question turned itself over and over in his mind.

He had no idea what had happened, and the answer continually evaded him.

Suddenly, he began to feel that he was having a terrible headache, his head felt as if it were going to explode. His hands went straight to his ears and he bent over, trying to stop the pain, but nothing was working. He roared in pain, still trying to stop it, but nothing was working, and now nearby onlookers were coming over to help.

Wait...who are they? Kill them! He thought to himself.

Suddenly, he knew what was happening.

A nearby onlooker got extremely close, and he shoved them away.

"Stay away from me! Get away!"

He unconciously reached for his sidearm, which was given back to him when he left the Aid Station. He raised it, ready to pump a round into the innocent civilians skull, but he stopped himself.

Akira managed to get temporary control, and whacked his wrist hard to the side, hearing the sickening crunch of bone. He dropped the pistol, and wobbled over to the bridge.

I am becoming too dangerous... He thought, and with that, he flung himself off the bridge and into strong, fast-moving current, of the river.
 Shana
07-03-2009, 6:46 PM
Juno looked at Kai, she was slightly disappointed that he didn't trust her enough to call her by her name. But she took in every word he said. She stood up from the chair.

"Alright then, if you find someone, let me know", Juno said.

================================

There was a flash of red in the monitors. Illya and Isara were walking together when they got a notice.

"Captain Terranova, I have a red status on the trainee Akira. He stopped breathing. The locator on his Holographic interface marks his position going downstream on the Talsum River. We've already sent search and rescue for him. Also, we registered strange neural activity before that", a medical attendant informed through the hologram.

"Roger that, we'll head out for the position of the Search and Rescue Team", Illya said. Damn it Akira, don't just throw the towel.

Illya and Isara flew at high speed towards the river. The Search and Rescue Drones had lifted from the water the unconcious body of Akira and began doing CPR. Isara and Illya were watching them.

"Captain Terranova, we've recieved word. Sergeant Yamamoto has arrived at Space dock", the mission control aidee said.

"Thanks, send a division nine vehicle to escort the Sergeant", Illya ordered and the comlink stopped. They waited for Akira to wake up.
 CommanderQ
07-03-2009, 7:12 PM
He went unconcious after a few minutes under the water, and he was sure it was over, and at the same time he realized that he had regained control. It was too late to get out though.

Awhile later he awoke hitting a concrete wall really hard, with the amazing pressure of the water against him.

He coughed, spewing water out of his mouth and his lungs. He tried to take a breath, but the water was pressing him against the wall.

He got his footing on the wall and propelled himself off, he knew that the only way out now was to get farther downstream. He lived to regret that decision, spending the next 5 minutes slamming into other obstacles, barely being able to take a breath in the freezing water.

But finally, he noticed small alcove along the edge of the river. He dove under to gain speed, and at the last moment, used his the last of his waning strength to launch himself out of the river and across the concrete alcove. He hit it hard, but now he was out of the water, and taking deep breaths, trying to recover.

He spat out more water, I guess this means I'm supposed to be around for awhile more...

He would've chuckled following the thought, but more water came out instead. He leaned up against the wall, catching his breath.

A small group had assembled above him, on the street overlooking the river.

One of the authorities was leaning over the edge looking at him.

"You, trooper! Are you okay?"

Akira managed a nod, "Just fine."

He was glad he had regained control, but wasn't exactly sure how he did. He'd figure that out in time.

He stood, but used his bad wrist to stand up, and abruptly slipped, breaking the wrist even more. Akira clenched his teeth and tried again on the other side this time, standing up. He began to limp away, dripping wet with freezing water, but still alive.

He now knew that somehow, he could return to his normal mental state...if only he could figure out how that happened..
 Chevron 7 locke
07-03-2009, 7:29 PM
((Changed Kai's age to 17 due to an issue I found in one of my posts.))

"Alright then, if you find someone, let me know"

"Thank you Captai-...Juno."

Kai watched as she left the room and he got up and walked out of the room. He needed to think about who was best suited for this task.

I will not allow the traitor near my mind so he is not even a remote possibility...Cap-...Juno...I may trust her but I don't want her in my head. I want someone in there that I can trust...Captain Terranova I don't think she would react kindly to seeing herself get butchered over and over again. I don't think Shana would like seeing herself killed either. Still. It wouldn't hurt to ask.

Captain Terranova. Shana. May I speak to you both for a moment when you have the opportunity? he broadcast the thought in his mind.
 Shana
07-03-2009, 8:06 PM
Isara chased after Akira and caught up with him.

"Don't do that kind of stuff again Akira. You want to kill yourself, then do it on the battlefield, but take as many enemies as you can with you", Isara said and then sighed. "Sergeant Yamamoto just docked, he'll be arriving soon to the Division. So in the meantime wait in the lobby for his arrival".

Isara walked away and left Akira there. She looked back and felt a little sorry for what he was going through but she wasn't the kind of woman who let her feelings show.

(CQ, if you want you can roleplay the entire conversation with Yamamoto since you created him)

=========

Illya was back with Shana. They were both having lunch at that moment.

"Shana, I have something I have to tell you", Illya said looking at her. "It's not an easy thing to hear".

Shana looked puzzled, she had not seen Illya like this ever.

"What is it?", Shana asked.

"I haven't been completely honest with you. Two days ago, when you got hurt, I almost lost it. I was so worried that I wouldn't have a chance to talk to you, explain things that I wanted to explain to you", Illya said.

"What kind of things?", Shana asked even more puzzled.

"My name is not Terranova", Illya said. "Not originally".

"What was it then", Shana asked her still even more puzzled.

"It's Takeuchi", Illya said and Shana's eyes widened, she dropped her chopsticks at the sound of her words. "I am your sister. Mom and Dad believed I was dead, I'm sure they told you, your "one-chan" was killed in an accident at her middleschool. But the truth is, the Federation took me with them. I had to disappear due to my powers, mom and dad didn't know about them. When I could finally leave the custody of the Federation six years had already passed. I couldn't face mom and dad, I was too afraid. When mom died I returned to the hospital to see dad, when I explained things to him he wouldn't hear of it, he blamed me for mom dying. He said mom died of sadness, she could never recover from the thought of losing her child. He sent me away but when I found you, when I learned you had power too, I was so happy. I wanted to be near you, I wanted a piece of my family, and two days ago, I thought I would loose you. I was so scared. I felt like when you had the crisis a few years ago. I wanted so much to exchange places with you, because I didn't want to loose you. I still don't want to loose you", Illya said with tears in her eyes.

Shana heard all the story. She took in everyword and Illya's emotions ringed true.

"Mom didn't die because of you, she was ill with the dellusions she had. I always imagined what my sister looked like", Shana said with tears in her eyes. "I just am glad, that it's you".

Shana got up and gave Illya a hug. Illya became overrun with emotion and cried with her, they held each other for a long moment and then looked at each other.

"I want you to live with me from now on. I have an apartment near here. I'm sure barracks won't mind", Illya said.

"Alright, I'll be happy too, one-chan", Shana said with a smile on her face.

It was at that moment that they both heard Kai's voice in their heads.

Captain Terranova. Shana. May I speak to you both for a moment when you have the opportunity?

Illya and Shana turned to each other a bit puzzled.

Alright, meet us in the lobby, Illya said and walked with Shana towards the lobby. Upon arriving there they sat down on one of the chairs and waited for Kai.
 CommanderQ
07-03-2009, 8:25 PM
Akira nodded to Isara, "I'm sorry Ma'am...I..I lost control again, right in the middle of everything...I couldn't allow myself to kill any of the civilians...I just hope it doesn't happen again."

He knew that Isara was indeed right, killing himself wouldn't help, not at all, maybe on the battlefield, but not here. Akira did feel a little better that he didn't kill the civilians...though...if there was a next time, maybe he could find a better way then throwing himself off of something.

Suddenly, he lost his balance, but managed to grab onto a hold nearby. He went down to his knees, and threw up some more water....the near-death experience hadn't quite caught up with him yet.

He stood, with a little trouble, and let go of the hold, he began walking back to Division HQ's Lobby.

Sergeant Saito Yamamoto stood in the lobby of Division 9 HQ. He was tall man, in his late twenties, early thirties. His uniform was that of Federation Ground Forces, a dark gray combat coat with standard issue trousers, his dress uniform cap under an arm.

He checked the time, Anytime now...

The Sergeant was surprised that the lobby was as empty as it was. It made him suspicious, as the orders didn't explain why he was to come here, or who he was to meet. He didn't like being kept in the dark, but he obeyed orders, and would adapt if anything changed.

He sat down and waited patiently for whoever was coming.
 Chevron 7 locke
07-03-2009, 8:48 PM
Alright, meet us in the lobby

Kai breathed a sigh of relief. At least they would hear him out. Now all he could do was hope that one of them would accept.

After a short walk down to the lobby Kai saw Captain Terranova and Shana sitting in chairs. Both girls looked a bit...strange. Kai shrugged it off.

"I thank you for hearing me out."

He shifted uncomfortabley.

"First of all I am not used to asking for help...or for accepting it when it is offered. This is difficult for me to do."

Kai took a deep breath.

"I believe Shana...What I mean to say is that when you said that we could break the chains together...First of all I feel I should tell you that the nightmares have...changed. Somehow I feel the mage is...shifting the nightmare to try and intimidate me."

Kai took another deep breath.

"...In the nightmare I see both of you...and Captain Aiko dead by the hands of the mage who attacked the colony. Then the dream resumes normally and I fight and then I die."

"I need to fight this battle on two fronts. First I need to defeat the imprint the mage left on my mind...and then I need to defeat him in the physical world. But I can't fight him on my own. I have exhausted nearly every tactical option...every strategy that involves only one person."

Kai looked at the two of them uneasily.

"There are spells that allow people to...join minds for a short while...I would...appreciate it if one of you could...join minds with me so I can finally get rid of the imprint."

"I have already thought of who I would like to do this...and It came down to you two. Captain Terranova, your combat skill is far beyond mine and would be invaluable...But shana...I trust you far more then I trust anyone else here... The spell is difficult and there are many risks involved."

Kai stood at attention uneasily and simply stared at the wall behind the Captain Terranova and Shana.
 DrPhil2501
07-04-2009, 6:58 AM
They staked through the soil. The entire ship shook like an earthquake at first. And then, everything began to crumple and explode. The sudden impact of the ship crashing into Sigmunds crust caused Wolf to hit his head against a control consol right next to him. Everything around him turned to darkness...

Next thing he knew, he could hear rustling of silent wind - as if someone was breathing. He soon realized the breathing was coming from his own lungs. He creeped his eyes open, and waited for the bright light to adjust his eyes, to make better contrast.

He found himself in a Infirmary - Wolf was lying on an examination table that that was adjusted on an angle. He reached his palm out to find out it hit against glass - he was inside of a medical capsule.

"Oh good, he's finally awake..." he heard a voice say. The doctor approached him and pressed a button on a nearby console to lift the glass lid of the tube.

"If you could please step out of the tube..."

"Where am I?" Wolf groaned.

"You're inside of the Infirmary of an FFTS Military Building, headquarters for Division Nine. We salvaged you from your crash site at Sigmund. Your lucky to be alive - we detected no broken bones, or fatal injuries - just been put into a coma."

Wolf looked at himself to find him wearing a Medical Tunic for patients. "Where are my clothes?"

He didnt need an answer: they were sitting on the table - waiting to be worn again. His Revolver with the attached Device was missing however.
 Shana
07-04-2009, 10:11 PM
Captain Juno Aiko entered the lobby. She looked over at Sergeant Yamamoto and walked over to him.

"Sergeant Yamamoto. It's been a long time since we saw each other last. Akira should be joining us in a moment. But I'd like you to see this", Juno said and showed him the video of what happened from the moment he took down the enemy drones and attacked the hostages, to the moment that he attacked the medical attendants. "Any thoughts on why this might have happened?"

=======

Illya looked at Shana and Shana in turn looked at Illya. They were both surprised by Kai's request. Illya gave Kai a pensive look. Shana was thinking about earlier.

Do I want to understand?...., she thought to herself and clenched her fists while looking down.

I...

"Want to understand!", Shana said and Illya jumped on her seat, suprised at Shana's sudden reaction. "I want to understand you. You're right, I don't understand what you're going through and I'm sorry to have assumed that I did... but... but..."

Illya then grinned and sighed.

"I guess you have your answer Kai. Shana will help you. In case it is too much for you two, then I will be on standby to replace her", Illya said. Shana turned to her.

"One-chan, are you sure?", Shana said a bit surprised that Illya agreed.

"Yes, Juno and I went through something similar to this and I lended a hand back then. I would be a hypocrite if I stopped you now in order to help a friend", Illya said.

"I'll do my best then", Shana said giving Kai a warm smile.

========

Isara walked inside the room of the hospital wing. She saw Wolf there and fully recovered. She had his revolver in hand.

"I believe this belongs to you", Isara said handing him over his revolver and device. "We had been waiting for you, I'm sorry that you and your crew went through what you did at Sigmunde. We're glad that you're alive though".
 CommanderQ
07-04-2009, 10:41 PM
Sergeant Yamamoto stood as a familiar face walked into the room.

"Sergeant Yamamoto. It's been a long time since we saw each other last. Akira should be joining us in a moment. But I'd like you to see this."

He saluted, "It has indeed been awhile, Captain. I hope I can help with whatever you have to show me..."

The Sergeant watch the video carefully, deep in thought the entire time, thinking on what could've driven one of the more promising soldiers in his former platoon to do this...

"Any thoughts on why this might have happened?"

He scratched the stubble on his chin, thinking on it.

"Hmmm...I haven't seen this behaviour in awhile. This is often an affect from either corruption, mental instability, or a traumatic experience. Captain...you are familiar with the Drakomir Incident a few years ago? Several cadets killed by corrupted mages?"

He clenched and reclenched his fist as he thought back on it. There was some information that had been entrusted only to several High-ranking officers, and himself. It was no longer on top secret clearance and it wasn't illegal to know what had really happened, but none of this was actually known to the public. But he knew that this had to do with what had happened to Akira.

Poor lad...I had hoped we'd seen the last of this...
 Chevron 7 locke
07-04-2009, 10:48 PM
"I guess you have your answer Kai. Shana will help you. In case it is too much for you two, then I will be on standby to replace her"

Kai couldn't help but breath a sigh of relief. Shana and the two captains had begun to give him hope. Maybe he actually would beat the mage.

"...Thank you for giving me assistance in this matter."

"I'll do my best then"

"I need to instruct the medical officer on how to perform the spell. It is far beyond my level at the moment but I do remember how it is performed. Both of us will need to be in a state of sleep...or similiar conditions for this to work. Please be ready within the next few hours."

Kai was about to leave when he turned back and stare Shana directly in the eyes.

"I feel I should warn you. My mind is not a plesant place to be at the best of time. The imprint the mage left is...alive in a way. It will adapt quickly to whatever strategies you use. It will attempt to break your will by showing you images of you...your family...your loved ones dying. It will try to trick you into destroying yourself. It will play tricks on your mind while we are linked together. It holds great power in my mind and it knows spells that have killed me with only a glancing blow. Be wary."

"Some of the risks that involve a procedure like this is that I am not sure that if you are killed when we are linked if you will die in the real world. I never found out that part of the spell. Another side effect is that we may hear each others...thoughts at random intervals."

Kai looked at Captain Terranova.

"Captain Terranova. I feel I should inform you that if you change forms while the spell is performed...Shana's and I's body will change in the physical world as well for some reason. I never figured out why."

"If I change forms...you must restrain me...or if necessary kill me. Do not be afraid to use any necessary force. If I change into my Berserker form you must stop me at all costs. My...mind for a better word will not be present in the body. My body will be in attack mode and it will go after anyone it sees."

Kai nodded to the two and started the walk toward the Infirmary.
 Shana
07-06-2009, 12:50 AM
Juno looked at Sergeant Yamamoto and then rubbed her chin a moment thinking back on the report of the incident that was made available to them when they recruited Akira.

"Yeah, I remember the report. Do you think he might have been exposed to the corruption?", Juno asked.

===================

Illya nodded at Kai.

"I'll make sure Isara and Kotomi be there incase things go wrong, they're both two of the most powerful mages in the Division, both S rank mages", Illya said.

They watched as Kai left. Shana then looked at Illya, she looked worried.

"Don't worry one-chan, now that we're finally together I will not loose, there's so much time we need to make up for", Shana said with a smile that Illya returned warmfully.

"Let's go to the infirmary. I'll call Isara and Kotomi and meet you and Kai there", Illya said.

"Ok", Shana said and walked towards the infirmary.

Asuza was inside. She was tending to some samples when the door opened and heard Kai coming in.

"I've been made aware of the situation. Did you inform Juno?", Asuza asked and then Shana entered the room shortly after. She sat down on a chair close to Asuza.

"I'm ready", Shana said. Illya came inside the room, followed by Kotomi and Isara.

"Alright Kai, I'll be in stand by in case things go sour. Kotomi and Isara will handle everything out here", Illya said.
 Chevron 7 locke
07-06-2009, 1:05 AM
"I'll make sure Isara and Kotomi be there incase things go wrong, they're both two of the most powerful mages in the Division, both S rank mages"

Kai had serious doubts that anyone could even slow him down if his body changed forms on him but he still nodded in thanks.

Kai walked down to the medical bay only to find the others already waiting for him. They were faster then he thought they would be.

"I'm ready"

Kai laid back on the bed and watched as Shana did the same on the bed opposite him. This may just work...

"Alright Kai, I'll be in stand by in case things go sour. Kotomi and Isara will handle everything out here"

"Remember...If you need to kill me to stop me, then do so without hesitation. You do not want to see the consequences of my berserker form without a mind to guide it."

Kai closed his eyes and the next thing he knew...he was seeing the familiar sight of the colony burning around him. Somethings were different, the number of invaders that stood before him was much larger for one thing...and there seemed to be much more devestation then usual, otherwise it was the same.

He winced as he heard the now familiar sound of the dream versions of Captain Terranova and Captain Aiko dying at the Mage's hands, he closed his eyes in sorrow in knowing that Shana would most likely be seeing her body laying at the mage's feet soon.

"Welcome Shana...to my mind."
 CommanderQ
07-06-2009, 1:30 AM
"Yeah, I remember the report. Do you think he might have been exposed to the corruption?"

Sergeant Yamamoto sighed and bit his lower lip.

"Oh, he was..."

He didn't know if releasing the next information was wise, but he knew it may help Akira.

"...there was only one mage who was corrupted actually...and he killed quite a few before being subdued..."

Yamamoto squeezed the arm of the chair hard as he said the next bit.

"That one mage was Akira. That was the first incident of major corruption in Federation Forces, at least the first resulting in a dual personality. We didn't execute him as we know that he had no idea what he was doing, it wasn't him technically. We kept this information from him for his own good, but I'm sure he's figured out the truth by now."

Suddenly, the door at the corner of the room opened, and Akira himself walked in.

"Sergeant Yamamoto, Captain Aiko, I'm sorry I'm late!"
 DrPhil2501
07-06-2009, 11:03 PM
"I believe this belongs to you", Isara said handing him over his revolver and device. "We had been waiting for you, I'm sorry that you and your crew went through what you did at Sigmunde. We're glad that you're alive though".

Wolf slid his fingers around the Revolver, and examined it. Nothing appears to be damaged or tampered with. The bullets were gone, however. He placed the large gun side table.

"Its been a while, Isara... How long have I been out for?"
 Shana
07-07-2009, 12:21 AM
(BTW the conversation between Isara and Wolf happened before the events between Kai and Shana in his dream, just FYI :D)

Illya nodded at Isara and Kotomi, at that very moment they casted their most powerful binding charms to restrain Kai in case he went wild. And Illya knew that if it came to it, they would release their limiters to stop him but that would be last resort as it's magic in it's most powerful form.

Shana closed her eyes and immediately Asuza linked her mind with Kai's. She could see the devastation around them. She could tell the imposing figure before Kai was the mage. Shana walked over to him.

"Queen's heart setup!", Shana said. "Stand by, ready".

She immediately transformed into her armor and staff. She could see two familiar figures on the ground. It was Illya and Juno, but she was sure it wasn't really them. She now saw what it was that this mage used to torment Kai so much, being his mind's unconcious world it was specially traumatizing for him.

She placed her hand on his shoulder as to let him know she was there for him.

"Why are you doing this to him?", Shana asked the mage, she wasn't sure if the mage would react to her. This was a test to see if she wasn't just a spectator in the nightmare.

============

"Akira, nice of you to join us", Juno said. "I'm sure you have a lot to talk about. I will look into a solution to this Sergeant Yamamoto. I will keep you posted if we make any progress. If you'll excuse me".

Juno walked away from them. She went on her way to the infirmary. She knew Kai's attempt to break the hold that the mage had on his mind was taking place right now.

=========

Isara looked at Wolf.

"You've been out for about two days. Sergeant Yamamoto found you and brought you over to us. You remember being recruited by Division Nine?", Isara asked him.
 Chevron 7 locke
07-07-2009, 12:47 AM
"Queen's heart setup!"

Kai looked down at his own device.

"Why are you doing this to him?"

The mage slowly turned from Kai then turned to Shana and its eyes turned solid black in an attempt to intimidate her. "Because I can...Because I have the power to torment him for as long as I wish and he can't stop me. Perhaps if you beat me...you'll be able to talk to the actual me instead of my imprint."

The mage jumped back and the legions of invaders stepped forward as one and faced Kai.

"Dark Guardian...set up." "Standby. Ready."

The familiar sword took shape in his hand and his body rippled as his clothing changed into a long coat that turned Jet black.

"Sword Empower." The sword pulsed once. "Sword Empower....standby, Ready."

"Dark Aura." "Dark Aura...standby, ready."

This is all I need.

"Watch out for the invaders. They are quite powerful but not as powerful as the mage. They will attempt to sneak up on you if you attempt to attack the mage so they must die first."

"Beware the Mage's magic...It is powerful enough to punch straight through solid stone as I've found out the hard way. There is nearly no defense against it that I know of expect to run away."

Kai closed his eyes in sorrow and the mage grinned as he threw the lifeless body of Shana on the ground.

The mage turned back to her and smiled cruely. "You have no idea how helpful you've been to me. The sight of you dying constantly has done more damage to his mind in two days then I was able to cause in nine years of constant torture. The sight of you dying nearly drove him insane the first time he saw it and it just got better every time...Oh..and when the captains died...that was wonderful to watch."

The mage turned his back to Kai and began to walk away, apparently bored with the conversation. Kai growled deep in his throat.

I'll kill them all...Everyone of them!

Kai roared in anger and charged the mass of invaders who charged at him in return.
Page: 2 of 5