Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Ravager Rewrite

Page: 1 of 1
 zbyl2
02-25-2009, 5:48 AM
Download (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Ravager_Rewrite;100230)

Description: You will send Visas and Mandalore to Ravager while Exile still fights on Citadel Station. Of course, Exile will join them later as he still have to kill Nihilus. I made it that way as it was bit strange when in vanilla game Mandalorians were calling me "Mandalore" during placing proton cores on ship, it was also strange when shortly after your arrival there's scene with Mandalore, and player isn't present in it. Makes more sense now.
So, Visas and Mandalore are placing proton cores and later player join them to kill Nihilus... that's not all changes. I also restored a lot of cut lines in Nihilus' conversation, like becaming his apprentince, also added some effects like it was suggested in gameplay programmers' notes. You will also find restored conversations between Mandalore and Visas.

Enjoy! ;D
 DarthYuugi
03-03-2009, 12:40 PM
This is one of the more intresting mods I've seen

Good job
 Drewton
03-03-2009, 6:12 PM
This looks excellent and, as Darth Yuugi said above, very interesting. I'll definitely be downloading this next time I go on my "KOTOR computer".
 Time Lord
03-04-2009, 2:29 AM
I haven't gotten to the Ravager on my current playthrough but I do like the idea of the mod. Good Job.
 Darth Novotnus
03-22-2009, 12:20 PM
Bugs noticed:
- Mandalore doesn't have enough persuasion skill to convince Tobin to help and there's no possibility to add any points to that skill. Wouldn't hurt to give him some more points.
- After modifying his skill you can convince Tobin to help the Mandalorians, but after that you loose influence on Mandalore - so, as Mandalora is a PC that moment - you lost influence on yourself : )
- One of Visas' lines is spoken by Tobin (Visas voice, but camera shows Tobin and there's lipsynch for him). I don't remember the line, but there is another by Visas after that and this one is correct.
 zbyl2
03-22-2009, 12:29 PM
- After modifying his skill you can convince Tobin to help the Mandalorians, but after that you loose influence on Mandalore - so, as Mandalora is a PC that moment - you lost influence on yourself : )
You mean, it starts conversation with Mandalore (like always when you kill someone etc.)? Or just after choosing option x in conversation it gives you influence?
- One of Visas' lines is spoken by Tobin (Visas voice, but camera shows Tobin and there's lipsynch for him). I don't remember the line, but there is another by Visas after that and this one is correct.
Never noticed that, thanks.
 Darth Novotnus
03-22-2009, 2:06 PM
You mean, it starts conversation with Mandalore (like always when you kill someone etc.)? Or just after choosing option x in conversation it gives you influence?

This thing doesn't occur if you don't modify Mandalore's persuasion skill (with low persuasion Mandalore isn't able to convince Tobin to turn away from Nihilus). After I added Canderous some persuasion points, he was able to convince Tobin, that there still is a chance to save Onderon from Nihilus. In unmodded game Exile has that conversation with Tobin and it causes loss of influence on Canderous (he says something like "We shoildn't waste our time with the weak" - it causes lost of influence on him). Now Canderous takes the role of the Exile and he's the one who talks to Tobin. After sending Tobin to help the Mandalorians, Canderous critisies his own action and loses influence on himself : )

I've noticed one more bug: after killing Nihilus and taking his mask Canderous appears on the bridge and urges Exile and Visas to leave the ship. After that he doesn't join the party and stays on the bridge, so his restored dialog with Visas isn't displayed (they had one before fight with Nihilus, warning each other not to betray their cause, but I've read there is another, after Canderous gets wounded and Visas heals him).
 zbyl2
03-22-2009, 2:23 PM
This thing doesn't occur if you don't modify Mandalore's persuasion skill (with low persuasion Mandalore isn't able to convince Tobin to turn away from Nihilus). After I added Canderous some persuasion points, he was able to convince Tobin, that there still is a chance to save Onderon from Nihilus. In unmodded game Exile has that conversation with Tobin and it causes loss of influence on Canderous (he says something like "We shoildn't waste our time with the weak" - it causes lost of influence on him). Now Canderous takes the role of the Exile and he's the one who talks to Tobin. After sending Tobin to help the Mandalorians, Canderous critisies his own action and loses influence on himself : )
Ok, got it.

I've noticed one more bug: after killing Nihilus and taking his mask Canderous appears on the bridge and urges Exile and Visas to leave the ship. After that he doesn't join the party and stays on the bridge, so his restored dialog with Visas isn't displayed (they had one before fight with Nihilus, warning each other not to betray their cause, but I've read there is another, after Canderous gets wounded and Visas heals him).
It should load another module with second Mandalore\Visas cutscene.
Do you have TSLCR-comp patch installed? If so, it's normal, as this patch is stopping loading next module. (and there's no script to add Mand to party as you don't have TSLCR... and you'll never get it so this entire patch is now pretty pointless. LOL) Without that patch it would load next module as normal.
 Darth Novotnus
03-22-2009, 4:18 PM
OK, got it. I'll remove the patch.
BTW. great Visas-Mandalore scene on Malachor - can't wait to see that in some "legal" restoration : )
 Pikmin
03-24-2009, 8:00 AM
and you'll never get it so this entire patch is now pretty pointless. LOL)

Don't EVER say that.
 _squall__
05-11-2009, 3:38 PM
hi
i had a prolblem with your mod. i played the ravager with visas and mandalore, and now i need to kill nihilus but my exile doesnt show up, i have to fight nihilus just with visas and mandalore. Maybe this can be caused by another mod since i have lots of mods instaled, i am no modder but i think the only mods (that i am using) who could cause a conflict with this are: a mod to turn mandalore into caderous, and maybe enhanced sith lords, all other mods dont edit the ravager.

now just asking, when is suposed the exile to join the party??
 zbyl2
05-11-2009, 5:19 PM
Exile should show up just after first conversation between Candeorus and Visas, it's somewhere in half of the bridge. It's possible that might be conflict with another mod.
Simple fix I can think of ATM, check out if you have file called k_852visas.ncs in your override. If you do, remove that file.
If you don't give me a list of all mods you have installed and I'll try to come up with solution.
 Demongo
05-13-2009, 12:16 PM
Man I almost had to star ba new game to play this mod. When it was released on KotorFiles I was on the half of the Ravager.(sadly didn't save that game before)I installed it and then(of course:p) a lot of bugs happened(I won't list all of them). So I had to find another save and luckiliy I had a save when I was confrontating the third Jedi Master so I didn't had to strat a new game.........

Anyway great mod!:thmbup1:
There's one thing that is bothering me:
Becoming Nihilus's apprentice seemed to be a good idea so I tried it out. Everything was going well, I killed Visas and then nothing happened! And when I wanted to speak to Nihilus he just attacked me! I don't know if it is a bug or not, but I don't want to kill Nihilus:( If it is impossible then............Oh well I will survive it.............
 zbyl2
05-13-2009, 12:23 PM
There's one thing that is bothering me:
Becoming Nihilus's apprentice seemed to be a good idea so I tried it out. Everything was going well, I killed Visas and then nothing happened! And when I wanted to speak to Nihilus he just attacked me! I don't know if it is a bug or not, but I don't want to kill Nihilus:( If it is impossible then............Oh well I will survive it.............

It's something I discovered recently when I was re-playing this part to tweak it a bit. He's supposed to fall on ground after Visas' dead (because of bound between Visas and himself) and later attack, though due to... bug :xp: part with felling on ground was skipped.
Don't worry updated version will be released. No idea when though ;)
 Demongo
05-17-2009, 3:39 PM
It's something I discovered recently when I was re-playing this part to tweak it a bit. He's supposed to fall on ground after Visas' dead (because of bound between Visas and himself) and later attack, though due to... bug :xp: part with felling on ground was skipped.
Don't worry updated version will be released. No idea when though ;)

Okay then. Hope you will fix all bugs:thmbup1:
(Especially this:p)
 Queen of Night
05-17-2009, 7:48 PM
Oh that´s god, then I very confused that Mandalore later not come with the Exile.
 zbyl2
06-13-2009, 5:21 PM
Well, guess we've got a patch: http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Ravager_Rewrite;100230)
Fixed/improved pretty much everything I could think of.
One note, I forgot to reconfigure patcher and so you'll get error with 858NIH.mod file. Just ignore it, it won't affect anything.

Anyway, enjoy ;D
 VarsityPuppet
06-13-2009, 8:53 PM
I'm going to play this the first chance I get.
 vanir
12-06-2009, 12:18 AM
I was just hunting this thread to find out about that little error in the Patcher, am happy I don't have to worry about this 858nih file because I've just filled out a very painstakingly nice Override with carefully chosen restored content and mostly visual/realism mods. I'm really happy with my game version right now and really didn't want to mess it up...but this mod sounds too good to pass up.

It always bothered me the Ravager module seemed to be cut and lost some sense along the way in the vanilla release and that always added to the sense of disappointment about what is really the primary game climax (the rest of the game after the Ravager is really an epilogue, often when I replay I abandon the game after the Ravager).

Anything to really enhance the Ravager module and thus game climax is a seriously worthwhile effort mate, good job and many thanks.
 VeniVidiVicous
06-29-2010, 7:41 PM
This looks like a really good mod but i've one question will this clash with TSLRCM??
 Sith Holocron
06-29-2010, 8:36 PM
I believe Stoney may have mentioned to me that it would - in its present state.
 VeniVidiVicous
06-30-2010, 12:23 AM
Okay then, i'll leave this off for the time being.

If it dosen't clash with the actual Restored content and it's a case of ironing out differences then i'll definitly download once they're compatible with each other.
 Sith Holocron
06-30-2010, 1:29 AM
I'm looking forward to using this one as well on my next playthrough. I'm sure we'll hear something soon on how to make it compatible.
 zbyl2
06-30-2010, 8:37 AM
As SH said, it's not compatible with TSLRCM as of right now, but I want to make a patch/new version to make these two work together. When will that happen... I have no idea.
 Sith Holocron
06-30-2010, 9:42 AM
Perhaps you'Ll include that "Fate of Colonel Tobin (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=196522)") request I made in this version! LOL
 zbyl2
06-30-2010, 11:43 AM
That was the plan ;)
I just need to get to working on it again, heh. I'm really lazy recently :p
 MechWarrior001
07-19-2011, 9:38 PM
Two questions: Is this canon? And is it compatible with TSLRCM v1.7?
 Sith Holocron
07-19-2011, 10:25 PM
Page: 1 of 1