Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Zombies Walk!

Page: 6 of 10
 CommanderQ
02-19-2009, 3:58 PM
Aiden fall back to the ground, screaming, and then it all stopped.

Vlad stood there, with a puzzled expression on his face. Never before, not even in the tests, had this happened.

He put the pistol back and looked at the dead zombies that had been fighting eachother.

He took in a breath and put his hands on his hips, thinking. He looked at Attriana.

"Well, what do you think?"
 Chevron 7 locke
02-19-2009, 4:07 PM
"I can honestly say I have no clue what he did."

Atrianna looked over the battlefield.

"He managed to take them out with him it seems."

Atrianna turned to look at the solder's body.

"I never even bothered to learn his name, I can't help but feel guilty."

Atrianna hefted her minigun

"Well...Do you want to make sure he can't come back Or should I? Because I have a feeling that we really don't want him coming back as one of them."
 CommanderQ
02-19-2009, 4:36 PM
Vlad looked down at Aiden's lifeless body.

"I think there is more to this then we think. Perhaps we could take him back, I could perform an autopsy, more like a dissection though."

But something came to Vlad's mind.

"Unless, he's not exactly dead..dead, you know what I mean."
 Jedi_Man
02-19-2009, 6:35 PM
( sorry, I forgot to check for a while, this took a weird turn...)
Sam had a few tears come to his eyes, Aidens dead, this can't be true, can't be true. Sam looked at Alexis, she hadn't noticed his look. She was looking at Aiden, so Sam looked, hoping it was one of those movie moments were the person wasn't really dead... no such luck, Aiden just lay there, finally in a peaceful sleep.
Sam took off his crucifix and put it around Aiden's neck. You'll need it more than me, friend... Sam looked at Attrianna, " I am sorry... Could we put the past behind us? It would be benificial to our... my survival."
 Ataris
02-20-2009, 3:19 PM
"Hello? Aiden, are you there?"

Aiden was waking from an almost dreamlike state. At least, that's what it felt like. He tried to remember, but...not to much came to him. He remembered a subway station...two men and a woman....

"Aiden?"

His eyes were opening, slowly, and the blur before him revealed that he was definitely not at the subway station anymore.

"Speak to me, Aiden, sweetie!"

Sweetie?

Finally, gaining strength, he pulled up to look at his surroundings. It was a place that seemed familiar, yet...so distant...like a dream...

And standing there in the center of the room was someone who should be dead from the zombie attacks. Just like him.

It was his mother.
 CommanderQ
02-20-2009, 5:29 PM
Vlad stared closer at Aiden.

There was something peculiar about him, something that wasn't quite dead.

His skin still had color, which meant that his body was still generating heat and alive....and it meant brain activity.

"He's not dead."

Vlad said it so cooly and calmly someone would have thought the situation different.

He removed one of his syringes and plunged it into Aiden's arm, he then let the blue liquid out.

They'd just have to wait and see...
 Chevron 7 locke
02-20-2009, 6:34 PM
Atrianna looked over her shoulder

"Vlad...I think we waited too long...more of our undead friends have shown up..."

Atrianna took a second look at the large group of undead, and then watched as even more showed up

"Great...it looks like we're about to be in the middle of another undead civil war. I say we go and get your men from the sewers and then get back to the safehouse ."

Atrianna looked down at the body of the solder

"I suppose we're going to have to take him with us if we don't want the undead to get him...Who wants to carry him?"

Suddenly, it seemed that the Russians were busy with other, more important tasks

"Oh...you guys suck."

Atrianna knelt down and picked up the solder's body.

"I'll carry him..."

Atrianna turned to the other solder, the one who had shot her earlier.

"I need someone to watch the safehouse while we're gone. Just get on top of the roof and stay out of the front yard. When we come back, I want you to clear any of the undead who are blocking our way."

Atrianna walked down the stairs into the subway

I hope this kid doesn't get grabby in his sleep...otherwise, we're going to have some issues
 Jedi_Man
02-20-2009, 6:50 PM
Sam nodded at Attrianna, and made his way to the roof, followed by Alexis. Sam pulled out his Milkor and waiting for Attrianna's signal to make his move.
" This'll be a long night..." Sam mumbled
 CommanderQ
02-21-2009, 7:01 PM
Vlad was acting as rear-gaurd as the the group moved slowly away, when he recognized a certain...Doctor Alexis Ian.

He was familiar with her work...and her efforts to counter his weapons. All of them, not just the virus, but everything he had worked on, ranging from neo-toxins to transportable nuclear fallout.

He chuckled and whispered to himself,"What a small world..."

He shook his head and resumed his position as rear-gaurd.
 Chevron 7 locke
02-21-2009, 9:15 PM
Atrianna stopped suddenly as she heard a very familar sound come from nearby

"Vlad, you hear that? It sounds like Gunfire. And it's close by."

Atrianna strained her ears a bit

"Sounds like someone's shouting in Russian, It's most likely your men."

Atrianna flinched as she heard a scream of a Brute

"Sounds like they ran into out undead friends."

Atrianna put the solder she was carrying on the floor and hefted her minigun

"Someone needs to watch him."

Atrianna ran toward the source of the gunfire
 Ataris
02-22-2009, 2:32 PM
"Mom? Is that really you? Or is this a dream?"

Her complexion softened and he caught a glimpse of love there, an expression so familiar and realistic to him he didn't care whether it was a dream or not.

"I'm still here, Aiden. But they're in control. And I...I..."

The entire scene melted away and he heard distant laughing. Then the laughing stopped, and screaming began. And then, suddenly, it faded and turned into a woman's voice. None other than Atrianna's.

He looked up to see her face, muttering coldly under her breath. His eyes closed again, and struggled to open them once more. She placed him on the ground, albeit not too gently, and he lay there as she ran off.

Aiden cursed under his breath.

"Oh well, more important things to worry about." He took the knife and cut his wrist, serving two purposes.

One, the pain woke him up.

Two, the wound didn't heal.

His powers were gone. And at this moment, that didn't seem like a very good thing.

Because in front of him was a stumbling walker, and he was dead in the water.
 CommanderQ
02-22-2009, 3:29 PM
Vlad hesitated before leaving the body of Aiden.

He knew that his men needed him though.

Vlad took out one of his anti-brute serums, attaching it to his rifle as he would a grenade.

He took off after Attriana, his troops following quickly.

He then stopped and turned to watch Aiden again.

"Vassili, go over and protect Aiden's body, he amy not be dead, so there is still hope. Move Comrade."

Vassili saluted and ran back to Aiden. Vlad heard his soldier fire a few shots, obviously killing any zombie nearby.

Vlad tramped down into the subway, AK-47 ready for bear.
 Ataris
02-22-2009, 3:43 PM
Aiden hadn't noticed the soldier standing off to the side. But he certainly did after the zombie suddenly splattered to the left and into the wall, a perfect kill. He would have burst out laughing if it hadn't been innapropriate to do so.

Standing, he noticed the soldier watching him carefully. Aiden simply gestured and said, "I am not a zombie." With a cheerful smile, he walked out of the building and watched the fray. It was a war, all right.

But this time Aiden couldn't do anything to stop it.

What no one else knew, however, is that the zombies he had disabled earlier were not dead. They were, presumably, cured. However, he sensed something had happened right before he exhausted himself and the hive took over his mind.

Perhaps they were dead? Which meant the hive was much more resilient and dangerous than he had at first thought--and likely much more dangerous than Vlad had expected.

Since his mother had appeared to him, however, it seemed to him as if the hive must be toying with him. She could still be there in the thoughts of her original body, enslaved to the hive.

So they must have some sort of control over him, and it appeared that they weren't using it.

But why?
 Jedi_Man
02-22-2009, 4:29 PM
Sam waited for Attrianna's signal, shooting the occasional zombie that ran past. Then he saw Aiden, alive!
" Either he's a good actor or my crucifix is good for more than luck... Or the Hive hates him. I like the second one though." Sam said
 Chevron 7 locke
02-23-2009, 6:30 AM
"Aw...crap"

There was yet another undead civil war going on in the subway, Hundreds of them, all fighting it out with one another.

And the Russian solders were trying to get away from the battle, despite being pursuied by several waves of undead

"Looks like your men are in retreat, I can't say I blame them."

Atrianna pointed her minigun at the masses purusing the Russian solders and smiled.

"Vlad...now would be a very good time to tell your men to take cover."
 Ataris
02-23-2009, 3:30 PM
Aiden walked forward, noticed by no one. He stopped beside Atrianna, who was looking at the new battle in the subway. It seemed as if she was nearly having a heart attack when she turned and hoisted up her minigun in surprise.

Smiling, he said, "I can't do anything about these new zombies anymore. I think my abilities are gone."

And then, almost as if on cue, a large group of purely brutes rushed toward them. Aiden and the rest of the group started running, but the horde wasn't after them.

They were after the zombies in the subway.

Aiden heard Atrianna use some expletives.

In only a few minutes, the entire civil war was over. Only the brutes had survived.

It was survival of the fittest.
 Chevron 7 locke
02-23-2009, 3:53 PM
(Ataris what are you doing? We're in the subway! And the brutes and the other undead were already fighting each other.)
 Ataris
02-23-2009, 3:59 PM
(Lol, but Aiden doesn't know that.)

Aiden just had a small lapse from fatigue. No...they weren't running from the subway, they were in the subway. And the brutes had just destroyed all of the other kinds of zombies.

It looked like the brutes were then coming after them.

"Run!" Aiden shouted, and just then he noticed the door to the subway cabin. Knowing it probably wasn't a good idea with so many brutes in a contained area, he ran to it anyway.

"Someone help me with this thing!"
 Chevron 7 locke
02-23-2009, 4:06 PM
"No time!"

I've really wanted to use this thing for a long time

Atrianna braced herself and pulled the trigger on the minigun

Time to die...

Atrianna heard ragged cheers as the minigun pumped round after round of lead into the skulls of the brutes standing in front of them.

Crap...I need to reload! And I missed a few!

Atrianna was about to reload when she heard the familiar sound of an AK-47 rip through the air

Thank you Vlad

Atrianna looked around cautiously, there weren't anymore.

"That's weird, I thought there were more of these things walking around."
 Ataris
02-23-2009, 4:12 PM
(She would have gotten to use that minigun if I hadn't "died," haha.)

The minigun had torn through a great deal of the brutes, and the remaining few were lost in the clamor, most likely escaping. Hopefully they wouldn't bring reinforcements.

Aiden walked up to Atrianna. "I really hope you have more ammo for that thing."

Vlad and his troops came up as well, and Sam not far behind. Obviously he had done some zombie-slaying of his own.

Maybe the large group of unlikely allies would finally get to go...wherever it was they were going.

And hopefully Aiden wouldn't be a danger to them all.

(I need to stop ending my posts with foreshadowing. :xp:)
 Chevron 7 locke
02-25-2009, 1:08 AM
Atrianna turned around slowly when she heard the solder she had assigned to guard the house walk up

"If you are here...then who's keep a path to the house open?"

Atrianna turned to Vlad

"Alright...It looks like we're going to have to fight our way to the safehouse. Luckily, I have some more ammo for this thing."

Atrianna took one of the ammo chains she had strapped across her chest and grinned.

"Let it be said that I never go anywhere unprepared."
 Jedi_Man
02-25-2009, 9:40 PM
" Sorry, needed to empty my bladder then I was surrounded, but go ahead, yell at me for being human and not having an infinite cargo space... But my Uncle should be there, not to mention Alexis, And she should have the Milkor, So we're doing alright, I guess. But let's run anyways, my uncle might run out of ammo, even he is fallible." Sam explained to the group sheepishly.
( What happened to Forever?)
 CommanderQ
02-26-2009, 5:47 PM
Vlad pulled the loading spring back on his AK to check his ammo. He slid it back,"We have no time to loose, I'll gather my men there. You and the others move fast in front, the rest of my battalion and I will bring up the rear."

Vlad motioned for Dmitri, who was in the tunnel with the remaining Russians. Dmitri and the rest of the troops obeyed immediatley, grabbing their supplies and running out of the subway towards the safehouse.

Vlad ran with them.
 Chevron 7 locke
02-27-2009, 2:38 AM
"Well...it looks like we're going to have a bit of a problem getting back to the safehouse."

Atrianna stared at the huge mass of warring undead in front of her safehouse

Atrianna turned to the Solder

"This is why I wanted someone to watch the safehouse...just in case this very thing happend."

Atrianna turned back to Vlad

"Do you have anymore of those anti-undead grenades? I think we're gonna need em."

Atrianna turned to the mass of undead and smiled.

"So many targets...so much ammunition."

I really hope Shayla is safe...She's not in America, she's safe! Stop worrying!
 Ataris
02-27-2009, 3:27 PM
Aiden was running with Sam, of course, to the location of the small battle taking place between Alexis, his uncle, and some undead. Vlad and Atrianna were making their way to the safehouse, but they could always catch up, and they were safe. That minigun will really even the odds, Aiden thought grimly.

Alexis was firing grenades at some slow walkers, and the few runners were being taken down by Sam's uncle.

"Sam, it looks like things are okay here, but there's something I'd like to talk to you about with Alexis, if you don't mind."
 Jedi_Man
02-27-2009, 3:46 PM
Sam had the instinctive urge to pull the pin on his Incendiary grenade and lob it into the fray, but that would only alert the horde.
" All right, but make it quick if you don't mind. The horde will need some hlep thinning." Sam said hurriedly.
 Ataris
02-27-2009, 3:50 PM
"Perhaps we should just leave? The horde will kill itself off in due time anyway." Aiden walked over to Alexis and Sam's uncle.

"Alexis, can we use your car? Like, to get out of here? And we're not going to the safehouse. Not yet, at least. We have things to discuss first."
 Jedi_Man
02-27-2009, 5:02 PM
Alexis nodded, shooting a few more grenades into the fray, as Sam lobbed an Incendiary grenade into the remainder of the horde.
" All right, were out of here!' Alexis said.
 Ataris
03-01-2009, 3:46 PM
The car screeched as it broke out into a speed that it was probably not manufactured to be able to actually drive at. Looking out the rear windshield, the horde began attacking itself.

Figures.

Aiden then began hearing it again. He had barely noticed it before, but now he knew what it was.

The hive was talking to him. And Aiden suspected that Vlad knew why.

Maybe Vlad wasn't so trustworthy after all.

Noticing that they were heading towards the safehouse, Aiden spoke up.

"We're not going to the safehouse, remember? Let's just keep on moving."

Alexis and Sam said in unison, "Why?"

"I don't trust Vlad anymore."
 ForeverNight
03-01-2009, 6:04 PM
Smith had jumped into the Ferrari that he'd taken from the NSA safe house he'd been using as Alexis Ian, Sam and Aiden took Ian's car. He didn't really do much in the time between arriving in time to help break up the fracas at Ian's home and then, just stand around looking important...

Interesting, there seems to be somewhat of a disagreement up there. He thought to himself as he saw Ian and Sam both question that Aiden guy... who, from what Smith had gathered, had been clinically dead several minutes ago.

He reached into his pocket with his off hand and grabbed his cell phone, thankfully the NSA contact he had was in his speed dial. Pressing it, he waited until it was picked up.

"Lieutenant Colonel Hannibal Smith." He identified himself, followed by a multitude of passwords and the like that would've swamped his brain if he hadn't gone through med school.

"What can I help you with, Colonel?" His contact asked, rather coolly too Smith noted.

"I need a cell-phone number. Lady by the name of Alexis Ian, same lady I'd asked for the address look up earlier."

"Colonel, we are not a dating service-" that was as far as the NSA guy got.

"Dammit, this is about National Security, hell, even the security of the human race! So give me the damn number!" He fairly yelled into the cell, while trying to keep up with Ian's car and not hit any signposts, which was harder than it probably looked.

"Christ, you are a tight-ass." The NSA guy muttered, before giving Smith the number.

After committing it to memory, Smith dialed it and pressed talk.

Come on, pick up.

((Terribly sorry about how late of a post this is... my homework situation has been deteriorating along with having to juggle 17 million other things, well, I'll try to post more often soon...))
 CommanderQ
03-01-2009, 7:35 PM
Vlad and his men been running for awhile now.

He had redirected them two streets away from the safehouse.

As much as Vlad wanted to stay with the Americans, what he had to do, was not for their eyes. He'd have to do it with only his men...and the undead.

The group stopped for a quick breather, and Vlad immeadiatley broke out a notepad to jot down his observations of the hive mind.

Yuri walked over,"Comrade Major, why are we leaving our American friends? They may need us, not to mention they were essential to us as well."

Vlad frowned,"Comrade, we are now in a much deeper situation than believed. Marshal Konstantinov had not provided ample information on how much the virus had progressed. I should never have created...I should never had showed it to our high command. That is why we must do this alone, no witnesses other than the soldiers with me. Why? Because, this mission, I think we were never meant to come back from."

The utter-frankness of Vlad caught Yuri, usually enthusiastic, off gaurd.

"Comrade, what do you mean?"

Vlad shook his head.

"I'm sorry, Yuri, but I cannot tell you that either."

Yuri nodded sadly, the second-in-command didn't like not being trusted, or kept in the dark. Vlad didn't like to keep the men under his command in this way, either.

Yuri walked slowly towards the rest of the group, who had began setting up positions near a park.

"Yes, Comrade Major."

Vlad sighed and looked back at his notepad. He sat away, in his own place, away from the main group. Vlad had not noticed this, but he was right now in great danger due to not sticking with his unit, even if he was only a 100 meters away.

Vlad heard a twig break, and he twitched his head back up from the notes, seeing a lone zombie, standing amongst some tall grass nearby.

What happened next caught him off guard.

"Hello...."

The zombie had spoken.

"....Major Vladimir Rosokosovski. Yes. We know who you are."

And Vlad froze in fear.
 Ataris
03-02-2009, 3:26 PM
As they sped across the highway, they could catch a glimpse of the area where the safehouse was. There also appeared to be some soldiers there.

He doesn't need us anymore, anyway.

Before Aiden could continue speaking, however, a cell phone rang. Apparently, it was Alexis'. As she answered it, Aiden suddenly collapsed.

"Hello?" was all he heard.

<Hello, Aiden Valko. It is time.>

Aiden's eyes were forced open and he slammed into the door of the car, utterly destroying the window. He did so once more and the door was free. He landed on the road, bleeding from the impact, and kept on moving down the hill in a very controlled run that accelerated as he went.

The car behind him sped on, and then slowed down. But by that time Aiden had progressed far enough that they couldn't catch up.

He was going....somewhere....

And obviously Sam and Alexis weren't supposed to be able to stop him. Vaguely, he noticed that he was heading in the direction of the safehouse. It would take a while before he got there, however.

To do...something....
 ForeverNight
03-02-2009, 3:36 PM
Smith noticed the door of Ian's car burst off and that one guy... Aiden, he thought his name was, throw himself out of the car. "Holy." He muttered to himself. He drew out his .45 and, after moving the action once to make sure it was full, applied his brakes fully along with the emergency brake and executed much the same move as Aiden had, only, this time, opening his door.

He could just barely make out a man's outline, he supposed it was Aiden's and he appeared to be rather... determined to do something, though as to what Smith had no idea.

"Aiden?" He called, trying to see if this was him.
 Ataris
03-02-2009, 3:42 PM
Aiden heard a voice. It sounded like Smith. He could think pretty well, but the blood loss was getting to him...

Not to mention that he was scared out of his wits. Apparently, the hive wasn't keeping any secrets from him. It didn't care anymore. Aiden had a feeling that this might be nearing the end.

A loud crack sounded, and the ground burst in front of him. But he couldn't turn to see what is was.

Although he guessed that he already knew. His mouth opened strangely and tried to move, tried to sound out words.

It was almost as if the hive was discovering speech. And suddenly, Aiden could talk. The hive was very smart.

"You will all die."

And with that, he raced on down into the buildings, Smith likely following.

It was a race, but for what, he didn't know.
 ForeverNight
03-02-2009, 3:47 PM
"You will all die."

Smith didn't remember depressing the trigger, but the results were obvious to see, the ground in front of Aiden had burst in front of him, but, that didn't mean anything, it just appeared to anger him.

The damn traitor!

With that thought, Smith charged after Aiden, ready to fill him full of lead at their next meeting... The fact that Aiden would've been a traitor to the Zombies of all things, however, didn't really register with him though...
 Ataris
03-02-2009, 3:54 PM
Suddenly, Aiden stopped, nearly falling, except the hive had calculated his balance. He was frozen there, amonst the houses, and he heard Smith coming after him. Then he started running again, and then stopped again.

Finally, after what seemed to be the hive's way of making up its mind (no pun intended), Aiden turned and made a clean punch toward Smith's face. However, Smith managed to deflect the blow just in time.

The move cost him. Aiden was given a few seconds to turn and survey the area. Finally, he started running to a rooftop near the hill, and dropped into the street.

The hive had given him a slight lead over Smith, but maybe not for long. It seemed that, at the moment, it was important to run, but not so important to not have to delay Smith.

Maybe he can stop me before I become a serious threat to whoever's at my final destination.
 Jedi_Man
03-02-2009, 7:36 PM
Sam followed Aiden in the car, sticking to the streets, And Alexis pulled out her cell, " Dang, I missed a call!" She exclaimed. Sam ignored her, Aiden was on another Hive-controlled running spree. In the back, his uncle was muttering about the troubles of his life. Like we all don't have 'em Sam thought. Sam loaded his M8 with one hand, while the other hand steered into the straggling ghouls littering the road.
 CommanderQ
03-03-2009, 3:52 PM
Vlad got a hold of himself and pulled out his pistol, aiming at the zombie's forehead.

But he didn't pull the trigger, he needed information.

"How do you know, scum?"

The zombie's face remained dead pan, as if it wasn't in control, and it wasn't.

It spoke,"We remember you. You created us. And you tried to stop us. And you didn't. You killed the first of us, and nuked the rest of us, but still, the mind survives. And now we are here. To stop you."

Vlad winced, the hive mind remembered him from all those years back in Russia and Chernobyl. And Vlad finally understood how the hive mind worked, and an idea came to his mind.

Vlad sighed,"I don't care."

And he pulled the trigger, the bullet leaving the chamber and flying through the zombie's head, which exploded as it fell down.

Vlad leaped back towards his men, he needed to somehow regroup and rearm, and enact his new plan. Then he remembered his American friends, and he knew now that they were now in the worst type of danger possible.
 Ataris
03-03-2009, 4:00 PM
<Foolish humans!>

So they were talking to him again. Suddenly, he ran faster and faster, getting much closer to the safehouse.

<Kill him! Kill him!>

<The humans must die!>

To his right, a car was careening down the road. And in it was Sam and Alexis Ian.

Aiden's body simply leaped up onto the windshield, ran up the roof, leaped onto the roof of a house, and started running again.

He sighted Vlad in the distance, scrambling and nervous.

Oh my...Vlad...I wish I could warn you...

<Aiden, honey...>

<Shut up, weakling!>

Aiden shot forward, at that moment, bolting towards Vlad. Aiden recalled the memory of the incident back at the headquarters where Vlad had kept some of the serum. He had been running to kill Vlad then, too, but he never did.

Only this time, it was likely neither of them would survive.

I really hope there is a way out of this for both of us, Vlad.

And Aiden leaped.
 CommanderQ
03-03-2009, 4:11 PM
Vlad turned quickly to Aiden who had come out of nowhere. But Vlad knew that it wasn't Aiden who was coming, it was the hive mind.

He sidestepped the leap, letting Aiden hit the ground. He then pulled Aiden's arm into a lock, pinning it on Aiden's back. He then grabbed the other arm and pulled out a zip tie, putting it to good use by tying it around Aiden's convulsing hands.

He then put his knee on Aiden's head, forcing him down on the cement, at the same time withdrawing three syringes of anti-serum. He plunged all three into the small of Aiden's back, hopefully more than enough to subdue whatever had control of Aiden.

He then withdrew his pistol as well, and knocked it across the back of Aiden's head, knocking him out effectively.

He finished this in approximately two minutes, any slower, he might not have made it.

Suddenly, Yuri and Boris came over, seeing Vlad's problem, and they assisted in trying to secure Aiden.
 ForeverNight
03-04-2009, 8:26 AM
When Smith noticed that Aiden was running towards Vlad he quickly slowed down, trying to stay out of the Russians' sight. He'd quickly hidden his pistol, hoping that the gunmetal wouldn't reflect a light that would give him away.

He saw Vlad knock Aiden out and Yuri and Boris move to secure him, then Vlad drew something out of a pocket or somewhere... maybe this was the so-called Anti-Serum.

Hearing Vlad mutter something about the hivemind of the zombies put Smith's mind into overdrive, trying to figure out how Aiden might've been exposed... but to no avail.

Slinking back into the shadows provided by a tree, Smith crouched down to wait.

Crack

He turned his head down to look at whatever had cracked, thankfully it hadn't been loud... maybe not even loud enough for Vlad and the Russians to hear...

But, looking down at the ground, he saw the dead body of a Zombie. A bullet had apparently gone through its head and killed it... a rather large caliber bullet at that. Well, he decided, could be worse.
 Ataris
03-04-2009, 3:39 PM
Sometimes I would really like to just die.

His vision blurring, and the voices of the hive fading, Aiden hoped that maybe he would finally get some rest.

Whack

Aiden felt pain.

Crack

He heard shouting, and then he was out cold.

Dreaming

"...and then you will simply use the serum...welcome, Valko, we weren't expecting you."

Aiden walked into the familiar room...but it wasn't familiar...where was he...

"What were you discussing?" Aiden felt like he should know, it sounded pretty important.

"Why, we weren't discussing anything."

"Yes, you were, I heard you." Or did he hear? He couldn't remember...where was he...

"Please sit down, Valko."

"Tell me what you wre discussing. Now."

"This is out of line, Aiden."

Wait, now he remembered. The serum...

"What is the serum?"

And then it become clearer. Except something was wrong...they hadn't been discussing that when Aiden had walked in the first time...

"He is very strong-willed, isn't he?"

"Yes, he is."

No, something was wrong. This wasn't how it really happened.

"Aiden Valko, would you like to know what's going on?"

"Yes, please."

"Well, you see, right now you are incapacitated, and Vlad seems to think--"

"Wait, I'm standing right here. And who is Vlad?"

"--that his antidote can cure you. Except he didn't realize how powerful we had become. The hive is growing stronger all the time! When we become powerful enough, we shall band together the strongest pawns, and make the humans our slaves! We can think and grow, but we do not have the shortcomings of humans. Because we can think as one. Even if there are those who...resist." He grimly smiled, staring at Aiden with an cold glare.

And then his mother walked into the room.

"Aiden!"

"Now, you see, you have no choice but to serve us. Unless you'd like to see your mother erased from the collective?"

No, not my mother!

"Ah, he is afraid. Good. Now, Aiden please sit down."

And so he sat. But where was he...
 Chevron 7 locke
03-04-2009, 3:44 PM
(I'm confused, where am I in all of this?)
 Ataris
03-04-2009, 3:47 PM
(I would have expected you to be with Vlad. I was wondering that too. I think the reference to it not being for the American's eyes threw you.)

EDIT: You are with Vlad, there was a horde, and one of their members came up to him. Vlad shot him, I showed up, and now you guys have a lovely battle to do.
 CommanderQ
03-04-2009, 3:53 PM
((You are somewhere...))

Vlad, Yuri, and Boris, lifted Aiden back towards their small base camp where they placed him on a nearby table.

Vlad took out another vial of his serum and began analyzing it, wondering what it was missing in order to prolong normality in a person, and completely destroy the zombie virus.

It could take awhile at this rate.

"I'm not quite sure what we'll need, but for right now, we need to observe Aiden and see the after-effects of several heavy doses of the serum, could be nice or ugly. Hopefully nice."

Yuri nodded in agreement, but something dawned,"Comrade Major, if we were trying to cure the effect of zombie blood, wouldn't we need Zombie blood to create a vaccination? Much like having normal vaccinations?"

A lightbulb went off in his head, and he knew.

He pointed at Yuri,"Remind me to promote you when we're back in Moscow, you've just provided the last piece of my self-created puzzle."

Normal vaccinations often contained a small bit of the disease it was trying to cure, so that way the body could adapt it's immune system to counterract whatever the sickness was. It would be perfect in this situation. But it also provided another problem.

"Now how are we going to get a zombie to donate blood??"

Vlad sat down, completely confused.
 Chevron 7 locke
03-04-2009, 3:55 PM
"I believe I can handle that."

Atrianna smiled.

"I just have one question: Does the zombie need to be in one piece? Or can I just bring back an arm or a leg?"
 Ataris
03-04-2009, 4:03 PM
"Aiden, agree to serve us, and we will spare you in the end."

He thought about it. But he couldn't remember very much, it was all so confusing. Maybe he should just...wait...no, serve them?

"I don't think I should."

"Oh, come now, Aiden, it's too late anyway. The virus has already mutated and is changing your brain as we speak. Soon we will be able to master the genetic code, and nothing will be able to stop us."

"Vlad will."

"No, Aiden. It's beyond his control now. As we speak, the one he seems to have fallen in love with is preparing to capture one of our own. We plan on not letting her live."

"But..."

"Aiden, you could have so much power. Have you ever wanted to rule?"

"Well...yes." Was that the right response?

"We could make you a king, an emperor. All the resources of Earth would be yours. And you would get to see your family again, of course."

It sounded so convincing. Say yes, say yes.

"All you have to do is kill the Russians."

An alarm went off in Aiden's head. No...he couldn't...could he?

One of the men made a move towards his mother.

"No..."

"Aiden, let's be reasonable here. Or else I will be forced to take drastic measures."

"I..." And it all became clear.

"Screw you."

Aiden smacked the man holding his mother, took out the guard standing by the desk, and grabbed the evil man's collar.

"You're gonna have to do better than that."

And everything went black.
 Jedi_Man
03-04-2009, 6:01 PM
Sam arrived on the sceen of Aiden being tied up and dragged away to the russian camp. So Sam followed them, very openly, they wouldn't shoot at him, not yet. Besides, Aidens a friend, he'd risk another bullet.
 ForeverNight
03-11-2009, 8:21 AM
Smith heard Vlad mention something about the vaccine needing Zombie DNA for it to be more effective or some such... he then looked down at the Zombie's who's wrist he'd broken...

An idea came to him, almost in the form of a lightbulb going off.

Grunting with the effort, he grabbed under the armpits of the Zombie and started pulling him into the light. Once he was sure that he would be seen and heard if he so cared Smith opened his mouth. "What's this I hear about needing some Zombie blood?"
 CommanderQ
03-12-2009, 4:23 PM
Vlad looked to the American officer.

"DA!! That is perfect! Bring it here, and I will withdraw the proper amount of blood needed."

Yuri and Boris moved to secure Aiden, so that if he went back onto the other side, he wouldn't take anyone with him.

Vlad put on some white rubber gloves and took the bleeding arm from Smith's hands.

He put a syringe in it and withdrew an entire vial's worth of blood, he then transferred that blood into the cure's syringe.

The cure changed color rapidly, and finally it was mixed.

Vlad smiled and pressed the syring into Aiden's arm.
Page: 6 of 10