Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Zombies Walk!

Page: 10 of 10
 Ataris
04-21-2009, 4:34 PM
The horde, it appeared was more of an illusion, a distraction. At least, that's what Aiden could figure out. They were shooting, but the zombies were slowly clearing out to the sides of the subway.

There, at the every end, was a hideous...what was it? It looked like a man in a Russian uniform, but massive and muscular. He looked overly confident with himself. As he began a sinister laugh, the zombies all stood at attention suddenly and the shooting died down.

Someone fired a bullet at the monster. It stuck, but quickly was pushed out, the wound presumably healed. No blood.

Aiden went to Vlad, quickly, and whispered. "He wants you dead, Vlad, and I don't think he's going to negotiate. What are we going to do?"

Quickly, he put a restraining hand on Vlad's weapon.

"Yes, what are you going to do?" the thing said.
 Chevron 7 locke
04-21-2009, 5:05 PM
"Yes, what are you going to do?"

"Take a guess."

Atrianna unloaded a barrage of lead directly at the thing and then followed it up with a second round to the head.

Atrianna smirked and turned to Vlad and Aiden.

"And thats that way it's done."

Atrianna, turned back around and stared as the creature took no appreciable damage and then it smirked at her.
 Ataris
04-21-2009, 6:36 PM
Aiden stared at him. The bullets barely ripped through, and he was already healing from the wounds. He smirked.

"Vladimir, my friend. Did you really hope to stop us?"
 ForeverNight
04-21-2009, 8:21 PM
Smith unloaded the Marakov and the Colt, not really expecting it to do much, but every moment that the being stood there smirking was less time that it could be devoting to other tasks -such as killing them.

He wasn't disappointed in that the being just absorbed all the lead that Smith had unloaded. Shrugging, it wasn't worth much, Smith threw the Marakov and then followed it with the pistol that Atrianna had thrown at him -he'd used it up while firing at the zombies earlier. However, he kept the Colt, it was a weapon he'd bought several years ago.

"Vlad, you mentioned something about a nuke. While I'm rather opposed to you destroying Chicago, making it into a necropolis isn't exactly high on my list of things to do either." Smith thought for a quick moment. "How large is a yield of this weapon, a megaton, half a megaton, several hundred megatons? Basically, will we be able to get away from ground zero in time?"
 Jedi_Man
04-22-2009, 5:50 PM
Sam looked at the horde. They were standing at attention like a good army.
What the hell??
Sam looked around, hoping to find a form of weapon he could use besides his Desert Eagles.
The nuke! We could set a timer... I don't think it quite works like that Sammy-boy. This ain't a movie.
Sam pulled out his Desert Eagle and fired a round at the beast, watching its right eye implode.
Thats right, score one for hu- What?
The eye instantly healed up and the beast looked at him, slightly annoyed.
" Guys, sometimes running away is the best option, eh?" Sam said in a muted voice to them all. " And, Smith, use the Uzi I gave you."
 CommanderQ
04-23-2009, 1:32 AM
Vlad looked at Smith.

"This weapon is a mixed fusion bomb, it contains both Uranium and Hydrogen bomb qualites...built it myself. The yield? Well, think several hundred kilograms worth of explosives. It will turn Chicago into dust, but luckily, with little radiation problems. If we use the Subway, you and the others can make it out before the 7 minutes that I timed it."

Vlad then turned to face the creature, more zombie then Russian.

He stepped forward and moved his head to the side.

"Lieutenant Zubov?"
 ForeverNight
04-23-2009, 5:52 PM
Something in Smith's memory was joggled as Vlad mentioned a mixed fusion bomb... something that he read, maybe... back when he was on Active Duty maybe...

He fished in his pockets for the cell phone he'd had on him and was surprised when he actually found it. Flipping it open, he found that he actually had a full five bars. Muttering his thanks to Verizon, he dialed in the number for the NSA that he'd memorized.

"I told you, Smith. This is an unsecured line, make it quick." Smith had given up hope on how 'his' agent knew who he was upon calling -besides the obvious.

"Lieutent Zubov, Russian." He spoke tersely. "That and known detonations of a 'mixed Fusion bomb', both Uranium and Hydrogen."

"That all?" 'His' agent seemed rather... ticked.

"Stack of twenties?"

"You've been seeing too many movies." The NSA agent replied. "I'll get back to you in twenty minutes with information on both."

"You guys work fast!"

Without a reply, the line clicked and Smith closed his phone before returning it to his pocket.

"Ah, yes... thanks for the Uzi, Larson." Smith said to the very impulsive Lieutenant. "I just hope I won't need it soon."
 Chevron 7 locke
04-23-2009, 7:17 PM
"If we use the Subway, you and the others can make it out before the 7 minutes that I timed it."

"Vlad...for the last time, we're not leaving you behind. You are going to get through this alive, even If I have to knock you out and drag you by the scruff of your neck."

Atrianna then gave Lt. Zubov a cocky smirk.

"So...your the guy who caused all this huh? I can't say I'm impressed. I thought you'd be a bit...taller."

Atrianna smirked and loaded the pistol Vlad had given her.
 Jedi_Man
04-23-2009, 7:25 PM
Sam smirked at Attrianna. He's heard that line before, but this wouldn't end like the movie were he returned with another comeback about his age. He'd probably try to pummel them into a bloody mess into the ground. Sam remembered something. In his old backpack, there was his P90.
Sam pulled it out, the black synthetic stock making him feel better that he had something better than his two Desert Eagles.
Now what?
 CommanderQ
04-27-2009, 8:21 PM
Vlad looked at Attriana, she remained stubborn on her side of the argument, he'd have to let that rest for right now. He'd address it again when the bomb was at Central Station.

He waved to Attriana and Sam, motioning for them to stand down.

Zubov looked like he wanted to talk. That, or he was really hungry, but he couldn't tell at the moment.

"Zubov. What is it that you want? Speak quickly. And what happened to you?"
 Jedi_Man
04-28-2009, 5:26 PM
Sam put his P90 at his side, but he didn't let his finger stray far from the trigger. Zubov opened his mouth.
" Not long ago, really just a few short years before our current crisis, I found myself with a predic-" Zubov was interrupted by a noise.
RING RING!! RING RING!!
Sam looked at his pocket. Someone was calling him! He answered the cell phone, " Hello?"
" Sam? Sam, Thank God its you. The infected, they're attacking! They're going to break through the door any moment! Help!" Alexis cried.
The Bas****! He was fighting on two fronts! He was trying to take out he one with a cure and the one with the power to destroy the hive.
" Vlad, I think I'm going to steal your nuke! Make a run for it! Get Alexis and get out!" Sam whispered.
" Alexis, get my uncle and what ever weapon you can find. Hide, and make sure you survive!" Sam told her, before he hung up he added. " I love you."
( Edit: No prob)
 Chevron 7 locke
04-30-2009, 2:10 PM
(If it's alright with you Jedi_man, I'll take over Lt. Zubov until the end of the RP, or until Ataris gets back from wherever he got to.)
 Ataris
05-03-2009, 2:34 PM
(Wow, sorry guys...anyway, let's go see what we can do about this Zubov guy!)

Several distractions were stealing Zubov's thunder, and he obviously was aware of this fact. But Aiden knew that, inevitably, there wasn't going to be any negotiation here. He wanted to kill all of them, and he had the power to do it, too. Even if they could stop him, a greater danger lay within the subway, and there was no telling if they could use the nuke to stop it. But they had to try.

The beast opened its mouth once more.

(We'd better decide who gets to talk for him.)
 Chevron 7 locke
05-04-2009, 2:29 AM
(I don't know if Jedi_man said I could take over Zubov or not so I'm just going to wait...in the meantime however...)

Atrianna unloaded another round from her mini-gun into the thing that looked like a russian military officer and snarled angerly.

"Why won't you die?!"

The Russian simply stood there and smirked at her as the bullets were pushed out of his body yet again.

"Vlad...that serum stuff you took? How much stronger does it make you? I'm thinking that if your strong enough to hold him down, we can go in for a two pronged attack."
 Jedi_Man
05-04-2009, 8:57 AM
(Check my last post. Also, I'm thinking of stealing the nuke and setting it off, eh?)
Edit: I was only thinking of stealing the nuke for killing Zubov, he was standing up to alot. But now since he's been brain splattered, thats beside the point.
 Ataris
05-04-2009, 3:24 PM
"No!" shouted Ataris. He got many strange looks from the Russian officers. "He's too powerful. Don't ask me how I know, but....How do you think I predicted him coming in the first place?"

Quickly running over to Vlad, he put his hand on the man's shoulder. "Vlad, I don't care what you say or think. This is how it's going to go down, and how it's always been supposed to go down."

Drawing strength from some unknown force, he began to experience changes. The connection was growing stronger, but it was a primal fury that could eventually drive him insane like before. This time, however, Aiden was ready for it. He had to be. As he stood there, the beast watching him rather oddly, he then grabbed the vial out of his shirt and drank the entire thing.

Trembling and becoming very unstable, he looked directly at the beast...and smiled.

He turned to Vlad and grabbed a knife out of his belt, and then turned back to the beast. "Let's do this."

Aiden unleashed himself upon the beast.

It struck back, and flung him into a wall, but he was ready for it. He pushed off and dived for the creature's back. But it was too fast for him. He ended up having to roll under it onto the ground and avoid its counterattacks.
 CommanderQ
05-04-2009, 4:00 PM
Vlad jumped toward Zubov, quickly gaining a headlock position and hanging on for dear life.

He held on with one hand and with the other fished around in his bag for another anti-brute serum.

Zubov fell backwards, nearly crushing Vlad, but he soon recovered and regained his choking position.

(This may be my last post for awhile, I'll be quite busy until the weekend:( )
 Chevron 7 locke
05-04-2009, 4:24 PM
Zubov shouted some sort of Russian curse as Vlad continued to hold onto his neck like a man possesed despite the effort he was making to dislodge him.

"Hold him still! Just hold him still until I can get a clear shot at him!"

Atrianna lowered the minigun and followed Zubov's movements with the barrel of the gun, hoping to get a clear shot at his head.

She felt her Cell phone go off in her pocket and her heart nearly stopped from the decision she had to make: Answer the phone...or finish off Zubov.

Screw it. He has to die...again.

"Vlad! Flip him on his back or something! Anything to help me get a clear shot at him!"
 CommanderQ
05-04-2009, 4:42 PM
Vlad made eye-contact with Attriana and nodded as an affirmative.

He yanked back on Zubov, the two of them crashing down, once again, nearly crushing himself.
 Chevron 7 locke
05-04-2009, 5:10 PM
Zubov shouted another curse as Vlad managed to pull him down to the ground and Atrianna grinned a savage grin as she leveled her minigun directly at his head at close range.

"Dodge this."

She shouted in triumph as she felt the bullets from the mini-gun punch through Zubov's thick skull and impact with the inside of his head. Zubov rolled over on his side and lay still.

"Hopefully...He was the only one of his type."

The phone!

"Hello?"

"Mom?"

"Shayla? You alright?"

"N-No. Some guys with russian accents got into the safehouse. They said that a friend sent them over here to look after me. I let them in...and now those two guys I saw earlier are coming towards the house!"

Alright...stay calm...deep breathes.

"Alright...Shayla. Tell the russians to aim for the heads. Tell them whatever they do, they have to keep firing everything they have at them. While they're fighting them, I want you to hide in the bedroom and lock the door behind you. Understand?"

"Y-Yes mom."

"Alright...I'll see you soon hon."

Atrianna heard the phone hand up with a click and she turned to Vlad.

"They found her."
 Ataris
05-04-2009, 9:24 PM
The primal fury raged through Aiden as he surveyed the work. They had finally destroyed this brute, this Russian officer gone mad. They were weak fools.

Apparently Atrianna's daughter was safe. So they could get on with their mission. Looking around, he then turned to Vlad, grinning passionately. "That was fun!" Then he turned to Atrianna. They had to destroy the leader of the hive. "If we finish them, then your daughter will be safe!" he said. He put his hands on Vlad's shoulders. "Let's go!" he said in a slightly irritated way.

Aiden had to control himself better. What if they put him in cuffs again? Or made him stay behind? He would simply escape if they did. But he had to play this out to the end. If he got hold of that weapon...he would have easy control over the hive. But now was not the time. He had to remain calm.

Something screamed in his head. "Shut up!" he cried aloud. Foolish ones. They would all be dead soon enough, anyway.

Vlad was giving Aiden a strange look. He tried to relax himself. "I'm fine." There was nothing Aiden was doing that couldn't be blamed on the adrenaline. They would never know.

<Think about what you're doing.>

<Listen to her.>

<You're behavior is irrational.>

<Aiden....>

<Shut up, woman!>

<Don't listen to him!>

<Join us!>

<You fools, he's going to destroy everything!>

Aiden replied with an air of grim confidence.

You can't stop me.

Aiden waited for the others to follow. They had to go into the heart of the station, where the hive leader was. And there....

Sam wants the bomb. But there is no way he can stand up to me. Not after I have....

<I will destroy it first.>

You can't. I won't let you.

<No....>
 Jedi_Man
05-05-2009, 5:12 PM
Sam called Alexis, as it turned out, she was safe, the man he had saved earlier found an RPK and unloaded a bit of lead.
" Heh, heh, heh. Nice to hear that, Lexy. See you soon, Have to save the world and whatnot. I know, I love you too." Sam flipped his cellphone closed and sighed. They'd been going on, not even really resting for about three or four days straight.
Christ, I'll need some coffee, or maybe some whiskey. Nah, not whiskey. I'll finally get a martini!
Sam looked at Aiden. He was giving him a weird grin. Sam flashed a smile back. He reached into his pocket, pulling out his Bible.
My favorite verse, Ecclesiastes 7:1. " A good name is like a fine perfume..." I will need to clear things up with Attrianna. " And the day of death is better than the day of birth" Yeah, well the man who wrote this never had to worry about the undeath. Lets find that other verse. Oh well, too late now, I'll look it up later.
Sam checked his ammo, He still had five magazines for his, no Smiths, Uzi. Sam tapped Smith on the shoulder and gave the magazines. His P90 would hold out for ages. He still had two more ammo canisters for Attriannas Minigun though. He stepped over to her and wordlessly handed her the canisters.
 Ataris
05-05-2009, 5:35 PM
(I finally drew a picture of my character: http://x3non.com/download/Ataris/2/Aiden%20Valko%20001.jpg)

Aiden walked over to Sam and touched him on the shoulder. "You're going to want more ammo than that where we're going." He grinned, but only in a joking manner. The irony made it that funny, anyway.

<She won't if they use the bomb.>

I won't let that happen.

<Maybe you won't have a choice.>

You've lost your chance.

<You can't hold out indefinitely.>

Neither of us can prove that right or wrong.
 Jedi_Man
05-05-2009, 8:14 PM
" Want? Well, ever since this whole mess started I have wanted more ammo. I'm lucky I don't have to pull out a shovel or some pointy stick." Sam said to Aiden.
He has a point though.
" Hey, guys, you think we could stop somehwere and grab some ammo? Vlad, you could send some of your troops to this place I know, It's loaded! We'd hold out for ages! Whadya say?" Sam asked everyone." It's even got ammo for your Kalashnikov." he added.
 ForeverNight
05-06-2009, 9:25 PM
Smith just stood and stared in something reaching awe as he watched Aiden act like some of the Afghanis and Iraqis he'd seen during his tours in Iraq and Afghanistan. Getting medieval on the Lieutenant Zubov with what appeared to be just his hands. "Damn, the kid is growing up." He muttered, unaware that he'd used his derisive nickname for Larson instead of Aiden's name.

He absently caught one of the clips of Uzi ammo, however the other four clattered to the ground. "Dammit." He cursed as he bent over and collected them, stuffing them in the oversized uniform's belt and deploying the Uzi's shoulder guard.

"Shut up!" Aiden shouted, causing Smith's head to snap up so fast he worried about breaking it.

Giving the younger man a quizzical look, Smith approached slowly, the Uzi slung behind him and both his hands in the air, as if he were approaching a wounded animal. Trying his best to make soothing sounds, he eventually gave it up, none of them sounded remotely close.

"Aiden." He said sternly. "It's happened once, it can happen again. Don't let that damn hive in." He guessed that it was the hive, he'd seen the man's eyes before and he saw them clearly now, the same wild look was present.

"Just, don't let the hive win, Aiden. Remember what happens in every book that's been written when a character uses evil to do good?" Smith was just throwing out anything he thought could help at that point.

He fished in the baggy pants of the uniform, searching for anything, and was gratified to find a Ka-Bar in it. Wrapping his right hand around the knife's handle, Smith kept the hand in his pocket and continued approaching Aiden, suddenly quite worried about the possibilities of his head remaining attached to his body.
 Ataris
05-07-2009, 5:44 PM
Aiden caught himself just in time before he said something rash. Instead, he replied to Sam, "Wouldn't it be prudent to use the nuke first, and then we wouldn't have the use the ammo at all?"

Smith started to approach, and it was obvious from his actions that he might be starting to catch on.

Damn, I forgot, he's the smart one.

Drawing on the power of the hive, Aiden quickly revised his face and movements so that he appeared normal once more. Also, using the hive, he easily noticed that Smith had gotten hold of his knife.

Aiden decided to play it safe, and pretend to not notice the knife. "Hey, I'm fine. The connection to the hive was destroyed a long time ago. There's no way I can get it back. I think the excitement just got to me."

He stopped moving and took a deep breath. "I'm good. Let's just finish this mission. I'm tired of this whole thing. Maybe afterwards we can all finally get some rest."
 Jedi_Man
05-07-2009, 6:44 PM
"I, for one, double that notion Aiden!" Sam said heartily. Sam looked at Smith, who was aproaching steadily closer to Aiden. He noticed his hand was in his pocket.
Odd, what would he nee- His knife! Does he think Aiden's being controlled again? Sam slowed up to talk to Smith.
" Hey, uhh, Smith." Then he whispered. " You thinkin' that Aiden's being controlled?"
 Ataris
05-07-2009, 6:55 PM
There's only two ways out of this....

"Sam, I'm fine! Are you just going to let him pull his knife on me? We're all friends here, right?"

He put his hand on Sam's shoulder. "There's no way the hive got me. I lost all connection with it when I took that antidote, remember? And even if I was under its control, in all honesty I doubt I would need to pretend like I wasn't."

He hoped he had succeeded in looking perfectly normal as he chuckled.

But there is one reason why. The nuke.
 Chevron 7 locke
05-07-2009, 10:29 PM
Atranna turned to Aiden and gave him a very strange look as all the pieces of the puzzle started to come together in her mind.

He did drink a whole vial of that stuff...and he has been acting slightly odd. Is it possible he somehow reconnected to the hive? Only one way to be sure.

Atrianna snuck up behind him and cracked him as hard as she could over the back of his head with the barrel of her mini-gun.

"I'm sorry about this...I really am. But if theres even a remote chance that you somehow reconnected to the hive...We have to take precautions."

Atrianna watched as his body hit the floor with a thump.

I hope I'm wrong about this...
 CommanderQ
05-07-2009, 10:38 PM
Vlad watched Attriana conk Aiden out.

He knew the reason, and he had suspected it too. Aiden's connection may have been reestablished.

They needed to get moving.

He stepped over Zubov's body, rejoining the larger gathering of the group.

"I wish we didn't have to do things like that, but we must. We have to hurry, we want this hell to be over. Come on, the train will be arriving soon, my battalion will have only a little time to plant the bomb."

He motioned for the others to follow, and for two of his troops to grab Aiden and pull him along with them.

Vlad walked slowly into the darkness of the subway, his grey trenchcoat billowing with the wind from the nearby entrance.
 Ataris
05-07-2009, 11:00 PM
Aiden felt like he should turn around.

Turn around.

<Turn around.>

With a crack, Aiden felt the blow that he was sensing would come. He smiled as he fell. The connection grew stronger than ever as he fought to stay conscious, and the affected area quickly healed. But he was still somewhat unstable.

As they picked him up and started walking, Aiden renewed himself. There were two courses of action here. And he had to decide which one to take.

And then he heard it. The train was coming. Soon they would be unloading the nuke.

Now.

Aiden immediately ducked forward into the Russian carrying him, rolled to the floor, jumped back up, and ran as fast as he possibly could down the subway. Towards the hive leader. He began to shift from side to side, waiting for the bullets to come, as they likely would.
 CommanderQ
05-07-2009, 11:10 PM
Vlad couldn't believe his eyes as Aiden seemingly snapped backed into conciousness and rolled away avoiding the gaurds.

They raised their rifles to open fire, but Vlad waved his hand as a signal not to.

"I think he's up to something, he's not undead, naturally, well..at least not yet."

He looked at the others and then broke into a run, "The train is here! HURRY!"
 Ataris
05-07-2009, 11:22 PM
Aiden bolted for his life through the darkness and into a lighted chamber. Standing there, perfectly complacent, was the hive leader, a Russian officer, likely some high official in the government. He ran straight up to the man and shook him.

"Give me the serum! Now!"

The man was holding it, ready to drop it on the ground, but Aiden wasn't letting him do it.

"You're right, you are strong," he acquiesced.

Focusing his mental power into obtaining the serum, he finally grabbed it from the man's grasp and quickly drank the entire vial. Zombies began to close in on him, but of course it didn't matter.

The green substance ran deep inside himself, and Aiden felt a tremendous change.

His eyes turned a noticeable bright green, and his muscles were only slightly perceptably larger, but the raw strength Aiden felt inside him was enough to know that it was working. A perfect version of the serum, and Aiden still had the hive.

Then he turned to the Russian officer. Something strange took hold of him. "You're dead anyway."

Unless I take the nuke....

Then the horrible power within Aiden built up again and he lashed out to the zombies nearby, urging them to kill the hive leader. And they were obeying.

He ran faster than ever before from the chamber. He could hear from afar the train, and Vlad's team was scrambling. They were going to leave him here.

But he was going as fast as he could.

Behind him he heard a scream and some last words, and then the connection suddenly was gone and Aiden felt stronger than before.

<You will never defeat Vlad.>

And then the power was his. Suddenly, the primal fury raging within Aiden was no longer coming from the source he had thought it was coming from. Now it was pure and wild insanity, caused by the lingering connection from the hive that hadn't been broken.

What am I doing?

But he continued on, regardless, crazed, and ready to enact his final plan.
 ForeverNight
05-08-2009, 9:19 AM
Smith stared at Aiden as he broke from the guards, not even bringing up his Uzi to pump lead into the man that, while not a friend, was more than an acquaintance. He dropped his Ka-bar in his pocket and withdrew his hand, glad that, somehow, he'd managed to keep his head attached to his body.

He heard Vlad's shout and quickly followed him, the Uzi and ammo barely weighing him down. Heck, if he could carry wounded men back to a medevac, then he could do this any day of the week.

He saw Aiden run away, into the inky blackness that surrounded the station, and sighed to himself. "Let's hope that one knows what he's doing." He said aloud.
 Ataris
05-08-2009, 3:55 PM
The thoughts raced through Aiden's consciousness. His mind had practically split into two different parts, the insane half of his mind, which had control of him at the moment, and the still alive and thinking sane half, which was truly Aiden. The serum, the stress, and the hive had turned a part of him into an absolute monster.

But what could he do to stop it?

Rushing towards the train, he began to see figures. He was getting close now. Apparently, the evil part of his consciousness was going to attempt to steal the nuke, but he couldn't see much beyond that.

The images closed in on him until finally Aiden was within proper viewing range of Vlad's team. He closed to a halt and began to slowly walk forward. He was clearly a troubled individual, and would snap at the right moment.

The voice that came out of Aiden was not his own. It was like an animal, inhuman, alien. No man could produce that kind of sound.

"I am taking the nuke, Vlad. And then I'm taking it to Moscow, and detonating it. Then after I've wreaked havoc on Russia, I'm coming back to the United States, where I can begin my empire!" His evil consciousness laughed, but he was obviously completely insane and ready to break at any moment. There was no hiding that Aiden was in all practical purposes gone.

Only he wasn't. Quickly, Aiden made a move towards his eyes. He was able to make direct eye contact with Vlad, but then they glanced away again when his evil side took control. A low gutteral sound formed in Aiden's throat. Obviously that wouldn't work. But after some more searching, Aiden finally discovered the answer.

In his mad rush, Aiden's evil side had forgotten to safeguard against Aiden's sending mental messages. It might only work once, but that was all Aiden needed. At least he hoped.

He knew that this was it. After all he had done, this was the only way. No serum, no amount of reasoning, no physical barrier could stop Aiden's evil side now. Only one thing could be done, and Aiden was ready and willing to sacrifice himself to do it. After all, what did he have to lose? It was time.

Before his evil side cut him off, Aiden was able to send one brief message to Vlad's mind.

Shoot me in the forehead point blank.

After this concise message, Aiden's body roared and flailed, and then reared, getting into position. This was it.

Aiden's body threw itself towards Vlad.
 Jedi_Man
05-08-2009, 6:02 PM
Sam had loaded into the train, praying whatever ammo he had held out until they were done here. Off in the distance, not too far into the tunnel, a scream could be heard.
" Hmmm, another one bites the dust." Sam muttered. Then Aiden was there, suddenly, randomly, almost supernaturally.
"I am taking the nuke, Vlad. And then I'm taking it to Moscow, and detonating it. Then after I've wreaked havoc on Russia, I'm coming back to the United States, where I can begin my empire!" Aiden said, then a deep gutteral growl filled his throat, he was shaking, then he pounced at Vlad, his rage apparent.
Sam kicked, catching Aiden in the face, it was enough to put him off balance. Aiden went to the side, missing Vlad by mere inches. Sam pulled out his Desert Eagle and fired, a round of .50 AE hollowpoint punching a whole through his chest.
" Rest in Pea-" Sam started, but was interrupted by Aiden's hand closing around his throat. The world was starting to blur...
 Ataris
05-08-2009, 9:46 PM
Aiden's evil half didn't feel the bullet already penetrating through his brain, but he did. Suddenly, his grasp on Sam's neck failed, and Aiden's consciousness and thoughts simply vanished.

The figure that was Aiden slumped immediately to the ground, the brain activity halted. Aiden was, for all thoughts and purposes, dead.

The form lay there. Seconds, then minutes went by, and the figure lay there. There was no way that a bullet in the brain wouldn't kill a normal human.

Then, slowly, the area around Aiden's forehead began to move, a bullet was pushed out of it, and a scab formed, and then it gave way to healed skin, no scarring. But the figure just lay there. No movement.

With a slow opening of the eyes, he was able to examine his surroundings. All he could see was sky above him and some trees and apartments near the bottom of his eyesight.

Struggling to get up, he noticed a group of people surrounding him. He had no idea who they were. "Who am I?" he asked quietly. But no one responded.

They were all pointing guns at him.

He glanced over the group and saw that many of them were wearing uniforms. He thought that they were Russian, but he didn't really know why. But one of the men was obviously wearing the blue uniform of an American military officer.

Aiden looked at him, knowing that this American could probably be trusted. He looked the most surprised of them all, so perhaps he was a friend of Aiden's. "Please, I don't know who or where I am," he said, starting to become desperate.
 Jedi_Man
05-09-2009, 9:09 AM
Sam held his P90 at Aiden.
What the.... Does this mean that headshots don't work on undead anymore!! No, Aiden's more powerful than your average super. He's probably working off some second drive or something.
Sam had taken his cross back, it would do more for Sam than Aiden.
" Attrianna, should we trust him? Part of me does, but another part remembers the bruises around my throat." Sam asked Attrianna, using his spare hand to rub his throat.
 Ataris
05-09-2009, 7:25 PM
One of them spoke. The boy was young, though since...whoever he was didn't know what he looked like at all, he couldn't really make any judgments from that.

Scraps of memories fluttered through his brain, but he couldn't make out anything. Only a few keywords here and there.

What is going on?

Beyond the group, he saw more figures. Many of them were covered in blood, and some were horribly disfigured. They almost looked like zombies. They were approaching the group, but they all had clueless looks on their faces. Some looked as if they were in horrible pain or agony.

Do I look like one of them?

"I can't remember anything! And those people over there....I need a mirror!"
 Chevron 7 locke
05-13-2009, 9:16 PM
"Attrianna, should we trust him? Part of me does, but another part remembers the bruises around my throat."

"...I say we give him a chance. if he blows it, he dies instantly. And be a man, they're just bruises."

Atrianna took a quick glance around and noticed the number of undead heading toward them.

"...And here we go again."

Atrianna got down on one knee and prepared to open up on the approaching undead.
 Ataris
05-13-2009, 10:15 PM
((Um...I meant that the people who are 'undead' are no longer undead. They are free from the virus now. Because now that the leader is dead, and Aiden's memories are gone, that would make sense. But whatever. I guess I've done enough weird stuff to this RP.))
 CommanderQ
05-16-2009, 1:40 AM
Everything was moving fast, but Vlad had little time to comprehend what was fully happening. But it seemed that the undead were....changing. That was the correct word for it? Was the Hive-Mind dead? Vlad didn't know.

He motioned for his troops to follow.

"This is strange to say the least...."

He walked to Aiden and looked down at his form.

Vlad prodded Aiden with his foot.

"Physically dead....mentally....definately alive..."

That answered Vlad's question.

He looked back at Attriana and Sam, "The Hive-Mind isn't dead, if anything, we've just made it worse...."

He walked down the tunnel, the sound of the approaching Russian train could be heard. The bomb would be here soon, and the mission would finally be complete.

Finally.....
 Jedi_Man
05-16-2009, 8:09 AM
Sam followed Vlad, It appeared that the zombies were no more, but the monster that controlls them is still here.
" Dang, you'd think something like that would jusdt give up once its lost its army..." Sam muttered.
 Ataris
05-16-2009, 11:36 PM
Walking towards the man in the Russian uniform that appeared to be the group's leader, he attempted to get the man's attention.

"What army? What's going on?"

Nothing made sense to him. He couldn't remember anything, no matter how hard he tried. Everything was just gone. And to add to this pain, he had a very powerful headache.

Was this amnesia? What on Earth had happened to him? Then he thought of something else.

What if...he wasn't meant to know?
 Jedi_Man
05-17-2009, 2:00 PM
Should I tell him? Maybe about the hive mind, that he sould know, but maybe not so muach about his...er, past.
Three minutes later...
Sam had quick explained it to Aiden, telling him about the Hive mind, and how it controlled the zombies. But he avoided the story of it, on the off chance Aiden knowing who, er, what he was would trigger another bout of violence.
 Ataris
05-17-2009, 2:56 PM
"The...United States...it's been taking over by these zombies...that doesn't make any sense."

Looking down at the ground, trying to comprehend the story, Aiden Valko had absolutely no recollection of the events.

"So...you're going to detonate this nuke. But...."

He hesitated. There was no easy way to explain this, but something in the back of his mind told him that he should go into the subway. Something unrecognizable drew him there.

"We have to go into the subway, now, before they detonate it."

A fragmented emotion was filling the man. Not a memory, of which he had none, but simply a leftover emotion. Getting suddenly back to his other point, the man asked, "What is my name?"
 ForeverNight
05-17-2009, 7:08 PM
That broke Smith, he'd heard the question so many times in his life prior to this point, but it was the first time that somebody he'd grown, if not exactly close to, somewhat fond of ask the question. He managed to hide it quickly enough that he was relatively certain that nobody saw it, but he looked at Aiden with something akin to pity in his eyes.

"Aiden," he said, "Aiden Velko."

With that he turned to follow Vlad into the subway, he was willing to trust Aiden on this one.

((Wow, talk about long time no typing))
 Ataris
05-17-2009, 10:40 PM
Wandering after the two military officers, whilst contemplating his name, Aiden wondered what the strange attraction to the subway was. Once he got there, he assumed that he would know why. But at the moment, it was all a little fuzzy. Before they placed the nuke, perhaps they would see why he had wanted to go there. Meanwhile, he had to discover his own relationships with these people.

He walked over to Sam, the one that had explained everything to him. He had no idea what connection he had with him, but he decided to try and ask.

"Sam...were we ever friends?"
 Jedi_Man
05-18-2009, 9:12 AM
Sam looked at Aiden, contemplating his question.
" We were allies, sure, friends, even, if you went by technicalities." Sam answered. " We saved eachothers butts a few times, so, yes, you could say were friends." Sam looked down the tunnel, the fact that this wasn't over, well...
Rage surged through Sam for a moment, but subsided as soon as it had appeared.
 Ataris
05-18-2009, 4:42 PM
Letting go of the thought, Aiden continued on in silence. The grief had not yet fully hit him, and it wasn't clear if it ever really would. For now all he wanted to do was follow his strange feeling, and that was all. And after that he had to find out who he was--if that was even still possible.
Page: 10 of 10