Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The 'what are you playing' thread

Page: 1 of 2
 DarthMaulUK
10-23-2008, 9:46 AM
Right now, I am playing Warhammer online. My 30 days ends today and I won't be extending my time. Very unpolished and although pvp is good fun, servers are already struggling for players to do public quests and more.

I'm also playing Sins of a Solar Empire, Battlefield 2142 (STILL!) and I pop into Galaxies every now and again
 John Galt
10-23-2008, 9:53 AM
I'm playing WoW and Hearts of Iron II(still). I've been holding out for the next Old Republic game for about as long as I can remember.
 tKon
10-23-2008, 11:11 AM
WoW, CoD4, DoTA(WC3), CS:S, CS, all in hopes of a better future to come.
 Pho3nix
10-23-2008, 11:12 AM
Currently only World of Warcraft, waiting for the expansion.
 Sabretooth
10-23-2008, 12:14 PM
Right now I'm playing Deus Ex for the nth time, Civilization IV as usual, and hmm, I'm not gaming enough. >.>
 golddon
10-23-2008, 12:31 PM
I'm playing Shaiya, cause it a free downloadable game without any fees. and it addicting as sin while waiting on this one to go live.

http://shaiya.aeriagames.com)
 Ctrl Alt Del
10-23-2008, 1:07 PM
I'm currently playing:

Silent Hill 2 - "Trying another ending" (PS2)
Medieval II: Total War (PC)
Soul Calibur IV (360)
Dragon Quest VIII (PS2)
 Jeff
10-23-2008, 1:13 PM
I have been playing multiplayer Neverwinter Nights 2 most recently. Still play WoW, but have not actually played for about 3 weeks. Pretty bored with it waiting for the expansion.
 SW01
10-23-2008, 1:38 PM
On the PC, I'm currently playing Starfleet Command III (heavily modded, of course - lots of new ships!)

On the PS3, I split whatever time I spend on it between Grand Theft Auto IV and Assassin's Creed.
 LordOfTheFish
10-23-2008, 5:14 PM
NFS Carbon, Medal of Honor Heroes II, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn.
 Miltiades
10-24-2008, 5:26 PM
Guild Wars. More specifically, focusing on Factions. Nothing else at the moment.
 igyman
10-24-2008, 6:18 PM
I'm currently playing The Witcher Enhanced Edition. I've finished the original campaign and am now playing the first of two bonus campaigns.
 The Doctor
10-27-2008, 2:25 AM
I've got a game going in the first KotOR game, as well as multiple Home Cities in Age of Empires III. But I've lately abandoned both of them for my Pacman addiction. :xp:
 Rogue Nine
10-27-2008, 2:26 AM
Diablo II!

Duriel is such a little bitch. -___-
 True_Avery
10-27-2008, 2:26 AM
Currently playing FarCry2 on my 360.

The pretty... it is painful to behold...
 Lynk Former
10-27-2008, 5:23 AM
I'm saving myself for Valkyria Chronicles which is released in 5 days.
 Titanius Anglesmith
10-30-2008, 10:20 PM
PS3: Guitar Hero 3 and World Tour. Satch Boogie's a bitch.

PC: Occasionally getting in a little Mass Effect and Oblivion time.
 Commander Obi-Wan
10-30-2008, 10:26 PM
I've been switching through the Force Unleashed, Assassin's Creed, and GTA IV on the 360. I'm waiting for Gears of War 2. :p
 True_Avery
10-30-2008, 10:49 PM
Dead Space!
 Hayden Kered
10-31-2008, 12:07 AM
Pure Pazaak

Starting back on Fable: TLC.
 Prime
10-31-2008, 10:35 AM
Macross VOXP.
 TriggerGod
10-31-2008, 1:13 PM
I'm not really playing anything outside of GMax (modeling program for those who don't know), but, when I do, I've been going down the road of nostalgia and playing some old PSX games from when I was a wee tyke. Games like Crash Bandicoot :p

I've attempted to play other games (TFU, GH:3, MP:3, ect), but until I get this TV situation sorted out, (our living room one was going funky, so it went into my room. The one in my room went in the back, the one in the back went down here, while the one down here went up until we can get our new TV set up. Then, everything will be back to normal. I will miss the HD shows, but meh) I can't really play anything higher then PSX games, because the graphics stink big time. (because of the low def TV down here, not the games, mind you)

Other then Crash, I've been turning TSL on every once in a while to test stuff.
 EnderWiggin
10-31-2008, 7:15 PM
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time on the N64.

Oldschool, bitches!

_EW_
 Serpentine Cougar
11-02-2008, 8:28 AM
I'm playing Secret of Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge for the first time. Yay for oldschool!
 Nedak
11-02-2008, 2:49 PM
I'm playing nothing right now =[
 adamqd
11-02-2008, 3:13 PM
Re-Playing Mass Effect from Scratch on my new 360 elite, since my mark 1 360 blew up in a red ring style and I lost my save game's.
 Web Rider
11-02-2008, 3:57 PM
I've been playing Red Alert 3 and some WoW, mostly RA3 though.
 GwannaSauna
11-02-2008, 5:03 PM
As of 11/2/08: Star Wars: Empire at War (PC), Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (360), James Bond 007: Nightfire (Xbox), RocketBowl (360), Star Wars: Battlefront (PS2), and, you're probably gonna laugh at me for this, but Rock Band 2 (360) :headbump
__________________________________________________ ____________
Waiting for: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/b3/V8arcade_logo.jpg/150px-V8arcade_logo.jpg)
__________________________________________________ ____________
Coming November 5th!
Read more about it here: http://v8arcade.com/)

Oh yeah, and beat Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (Xbox) for the 2nd time (last time I beat was around May 2005, right before the movie premiered
 GeneralPloKoon
11-02-2008, 5:14 PM
Been playing Far Cry the past 2 weeks. Amazing game!
 jrrtoken
11-02-2008, 6:06 PM
KotOR II for the umpteenth time, some SimCity 4, and my new pride and joy, Wii Music. :D
 EnderWiggin
11-02-2008, 6:22 PM
and my new pride and joy, Wii Music. :D

That game seems like such a waste of money.

I saw the E3 video of it and was thoroughly disappointed.

_EW_
 Ctrl Alt Del
11-02-2008, 6:29 PM
.hack: Infection (PS2)

The first out of four episodes RPG series.
 jrrtoken
11-02-2008, 6:38 PM
That game seems like such a waste of money.

I saw the E3 video of it and was thoroughly disappointed.

_EW_I was like that before I bought it, but I did some research, saw some pretty impressive videos, and I gave in and bought it. To me, it's the ****. Any game that let's you play the Legend of Zelda theme with a bagpipe, sitar, cuica, NES, Jew's harp, and a banjo is an instant win. :D

Some neat videos:
Carmen with some random instruments (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4phvnsnjW70)
Mii Maestro Demonstration (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37YTP_X7mJA)
Daydream Believer a la Bob Marley (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXpgX6OB6M0)
 Jae Onasi
11-12-2008, 9:35 AM
Guild Wars--shepherding my legendary survivor through various different quests and missions in the campaigns to work on the KoaBD title.
Lord of the Rings Online--just picked that one up, having fun with it. I doubt I'll make it up to level 50 to start playing Mines of Moria right away when it comes out, but I'll get there.
 Jeff
11-12-2008, 12:27 PM
Well I got Bioshock this past weekend so I have been playing that, I'm not very far though because I've been having crashing/freezing problems. And unfortunately it might get put on hold for a while as Wrath of the Lich King is released tonight. >;D
 LordOfTheFish
11-12-2008, 1:12 PM
My brother payed 3 bucks for a N64, two controllers, a rumble pack, and Banjo Kazooie. So we've all been playing that this week.
 Weiser_Cain
11-12-2008, 10:44 PM
Guild Wars
CoX
Fantastic Contraption
That's all I can play until my videocard arrives.
 Lynk Former
11-13-2008, 12:18 AM
 Jeff
11-13-2008, 1:19 PM
Just got WotLK Collector's Edition last night so I stayed up all night playing that, and will probably only be playing that till I reach level 80.
 LordOfTheFish
11-13-2008, 3:39 PM
Just got WotLK Collector's Edition last night so I stayed up all night playing that, and will probably only be playing that till I reach level 80.

So I saw. :xp:
 tk102
12-09-2008, 1:45 PM
There is a new field in your User Profile Details page for specifying the game you're currently playing. This will show up below your avatar when you post.

<-- see
 Darth Avlectus
03-10-2009, 1:33 AM
Give you a few hints for my PS2 title currently: It's in liberty city and it is a prequel. I am an Italian guy calling people ass-hats.
 SW01
03-10-2009, 1:41 AM
LC Stories - played that one on the PSP the day it came out. It was a nice distraction, for a while, anyway...still, it was vastly superior to VC Stories!

I'm currently back to Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 on my PS3, trying to increase my rank to Warrant Officer! And I still play GTA IV regularly enough - GTA usually has immense replay value to me - and it's actually worth playing for a long time after the end of the story.

Haven't played much on the PC lately. Last things I played were Mafia (finally - far superior to PS2 release) and Rome: Total War. Now Empire taunts me from the shelves of every game store...cursed computer...
 Darth Avlectus
03-11-2009, 1:19 AM
LC Stories - played that one on the PSP the day it came out. It was a nice distraction, for a while, anyway...still, it was vastly superior to VC Stories!

Aww. Well, proved my suspicions...I made the better choice :woo:

Still, being a VC lover (obviously, if you can't already tell by my name :xp:)
I suppose I ought to get VCS before it dissappears off the bargain shelves and ends up only on the internet for a wallet raping price. Happened to Jedi Academy. And some others like Marvel VS Capcom 1&2. ! was stolen from me though. :curse:

I'm currently back to Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 on my PS3, trying to increase my rank to Warrant Officer! And I still play GTA IV regularly enough - GTA usually has immense replay value to me - and it's actually worth playing for a long time after the end of the story. I am going to crack open that Mafia in my cabinet for my PC, once I tire of KOTOR 2. Then again, my electronics shop table is looking mighty sexy to me right now...I've got a few projects in mind. ^_^
I may just get lost in diodes, resistors, capacitors and ICs...with some lasers.

GTA 4 is MAJOR cool. Too bad I cannot afford all the parts and whatnot for subscriptions to XBOX360 LIVE (it was a gift and I seriously can't afford jack as it is right now), because I'd download the expansion Lost and the Damned--about 10-20 additional hours of gameplay and a few other things not available in the regular GTA4.

otherwise I'd get megaman 9 (GO RETRO 8-BIT, BOYEEEE!), SF2 turbo (hell, just about any SF game), other classics

Haven't played much on the PC lately. Last things I played were Mafia (finally - far superior to PS2 release) and Rome: Total War. Now Empire taunts me from the shelves of every game store...cursed computer...

Hm. so mafia IS all that, eh? Coolness. You will be SO envious to hear this, but at a local flea market I bought it for a helluva deal. Box in good shape, CDs nearly perfect.

The guy just wanted to throw some stuff out. He himself seemed like a mafia-ish apartment owner tossing out some schmuck's stuff, real quick, real cheap.

I'll let you guess how much I paid for it...or little...if you care to.:shades2:
 Lynk Former
03-11-2009, 3:28 AM
HOOOUSE OF THE DEEEEEEAAAAAAAD OVEEEEERKIIIIIIILL!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZD7PCa23g6I)
 Darth Eclipse
03-11-2009, 6:46 PM
I'm not really playing anything right now...Unfortunately... I am doing a 30 day free trial for Gamefly. I just sent in the two games I was renting so yeah... I am hoping to get mailed GoW 2 next. :) I CAN'T wait until Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising comes out.
 Jeff
03-11-2009, 7:20 PM
I have gotten back on the wagon (off the wagon?) and am playing WoW again. I never made it to 80 before I took about a 4 month break so now I am back at it, at 76 right now. Hopefully I will be 80 soon enough as that is when the real fun begins.
 SW01
03-11-2009, 8:04 PM
Still, being a VC lover (obviously, if you can't already tell by my name :xp:)
I suppose I ought to get VCS before it dissappears off the bargain shelves and ends up only on the internet for a wallet raping price.

Perhaps, but I advise you to try to get it for (at most) half the original RRP - and keep all expectations quite low. There was one bug in particular that irked me - cars disappearing from some garages. Whether or ot that was fixed for PS2 I don't know!

I am going to crack open that Mafia in my cabinet for my PC, once I tire of KOTOR 2.

Do, absolutely. It's great fun - and the Freeride/Freeride Extreme modes really make it!

GTA 4 is MAJOR cool.

It really is.

Too bad I cannot afford all the parts and whatnot for subscriptions to XBOX360 LIVE...because I'd download the expansion Lost and the Damned--about 10-20 additional hours of gameplay and a few other things not available in the regular GTA4.

Accursed Microsoft XBox thing...:swear:

You will be SO envious to hear this, but at a local flea market I bought it [Mafia] for a helluva deal. Box in good shape, CDs nearly perfect.

I remember that in another thread! And yes, I was very envious of your good fortune. Still, I managed to find my PC version for about £5, so not too bad!
 Sabretooth
03-11-2009, 9:55 PM
Currently playing Rome: Total War - Barbarian Invasion as the Sassanid Empire. Close to completion now, really: I've got Mesopotamia, Alexandria, Armenia, Asia Minor, now I'm going to send a huge attack force on Constantinople to call it a day.

Also replaying the original Half-Life!
 SW01
03-11-2009, 10:04 PM
Currently playing Rome: Total War - Barbarian Invasion as the Sassanid Empire. Close to completion now, really: I've got Mesopotamia, Alexandria, Armenia, Asia Minor, now I'm going to send a huge attack force on Constantinople to call it a day.

That is also a piece of sheer brilliance in gaming! I alway choose Western Rome and start setting history right. :carms: Of course, their campaign is devilishy difficult at te start, but some abandoning of cities ruthless re-conquest and general toadying usually does the trick until the treasury builds up again!

Oh - and I just started TSL again. I doubt I'll see it through to the end, but it's fun to go back to it after a while! :D
Page: 1 of 2