Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The 'what are you playing' thread

Page: 2 of 2
 leXX
03-12-2009, 7:39 PM
I'm currently playing Professor Layton and the Curious Village (DS) (http://www.professorlaytonds.com/), and Peggle (XBL) (http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/games/media/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258410889/?p=1&of=1&sb=1#offers).

Professor Layton is like the perfect game for me, because I absolutely love puzzles, mind benders and riddles, and the ones in this game are truly brilliant. They are just the right level of difficulty to get the little grey cells going, and give you a great sense of satisfaction when you figure them out. The game is presented beautifully in it's setting and text, and Layton himself is as charming as Sherlock Holmes. One of the best games to come out on the DS in a very long time.

Peggle is simply one of the most addictive games there is. I got it yesterday, sat down and hardly moved from the sofa until I'd completed the Adventure section. Play the XBL demo, and you'll see exactly what I mean, or check it out on Steam.
 Lynk Former
03-13-2009, 2:23 PM
gonna see the Professor Layton movie when it comes out, leXX?
 leXX
03-13-2009, 4:17 PM
I sure am. My kids are really looking forward to it too. :)
 Jeff
03-15-2009, 12:57 PM
Well Lynk and I beat RE5 last night. :D Only took 16:45, and we took our time exploring, not as long as I had hoped it'd be, and not as long as 4. In any case it was very enjoyable. So now that I am done with that (for now) I had also picked up No More Heroes for Wii so I've beaten the first two bosses so far, and then like I mentioned earlier WoW.
 Lynk Former
03-15-2009, 4:53 PM
FIIIIIIIIIIVE!!

oh and for the lulz: http://www.twilightlynk.com/2009/03/15/silly-gaming-habits/)
 LordOfTheFish
03-15-2009, 6:08 PM
I'm currently playing Combat Arms, Animal Crossing:City Folk, and Rygar: the Legendary Adventure.
 GeneralPloKoon
03-15-2009, 9:14 PM
Haven't played any games for a while...kinda bored of video games at the moment.
 M@RS
03-16-2009, 12:12 AM
I'm playing CoD: United Offensive online, MoH: Airborne online, and F: Fuel of War online... :p
 Rev7
03-16-2009, 12:19 AM
Call of Duty World at War

The Force Unleashed
 LordOfTheFish
03-16-2009, 11:15 PM
TFU? Wow, is it just your first time playing through?
 Ibelin
03-17-2009, 12:34 AM
Empire Total War
Homeworld 1
Neverwinter nights
COD4 multi.
 M@RS
03-17-2009, 10:52 AM
Republic Commando
LotR: Conquest
 GeneralPloKoon
03-17-2009, 12:06 PM
Ratchet and Clank:Going Commando
Oddworld:Abe's Oddysee
CTR(Crash Team Racing)
 leXX
03-19-2009, 5:40 AM
Oddworld:Abe's Oddysee

+10 cool to you. I absolutely LOVE that game.
 TSR
03-19-2009, 5:55 AM
GRAW 2.

Stupid MP missions- they never said you needed more than 1 person to complete most of them!

*grumbles at having to wait until the end of the month to get gold XBL*
 Darth Avlectus
04-06-2009, 11:19 PM
FCEU emulator: CastleVania 3 original from japan--WOW, this music sound is incredible compared to the version the us console got--apparently didn't come with the extra channels for the improved music and sound quality. I want a famicom now.

Then it's back to liberty city in 1998. :xp:
 LordOfTheFish
04-07-2009, 5:20 PM
Just started playing Project: Snowblind today. It isn't all that great, but definitely worth $10.
 Miltiades
04-07-2009, 5:23 PM
Interrupted my Mask of the Betrayer playthrough for another run through KotOR2 with TSLRP. I'm quite lucky there are so few games that really interest me these days. gives me the time to catch up on some classics and play some games for a second time (like Mass Effect).
 RoxStar
04-07-2009, 5:50 PM
Forza Motorsport 2.

A little late to the game, I know, but it's still awesome!

http://www.virginmedia.com/images/forza2-431x300.jpg)
 Tommycat
04-09-2009, 2:47 AM
Currently started to play Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines.

I dunno if it's a good thing or bad thing, but I answered the questions at the beginning as myself, and was embraced by the Malkavians... I was hoping for Brujah.

Of course with the Malkavian, I tend to see my answer almost word for word in the dialog choices....

AHAHAAHAHAHAHA... oh wait.. um... no.

plus I love the way the responses are typed all funky wierd...
 Jae Onasi
04-09-2009, 10:02 AM
Tommycat--make sure to get the official patch. There are game-stopping bugs otherwise. That game is phenomenal, and it's my favorite second only to the Kotor games. There are some great fan-made patches too--check those out once you get through your first or second playthrough. Use dementation whenever you have the opportunity in conversation--some of those conversations are hilarious.

leXX--I picked up the Professor Layton game--I'm going to play that one after I play through GTA: Chinatown Wars that I picked up along with the DS a couple weeks back.

My kids and I are playing Rock Band 2 and we are just having a total Blast with it. I actually practiced some of our favorite songs in hard mode before they got home from school yesterday. They were absolutely ecstatic that I'd d/l'd the Spongebob songs, so of course we had to play those. Point Man laughs when we sing Eye of the Tiger and Hello There at the top of our lungs.
 Sabretooth
04-09-2009, 11:28 AM
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell (I had to take great pains to steal his copy), and its pretty slick. Needs quite a bit of patience and I can't play it for really long stretches, but it has that special quality of making you want to come back to it and get into more espionagy hijinks. The controls are a bit clumsy to use though, could have used more fluidity.
 Jeff
04-09-2009, 11:43 AM
I hadn't played Left 4 Dead in a month or so till the other day, and I'm glad I got back into it because that game is a hell of a lot of fun even if I am terrible at it. Me Niner and leXX completed all 4 campaigns and then I played another campaign later with some others.
 leXX
04-09-2009, 12:34 PM
leXX--I picked up the Professor Layton game--I'm going to play that one after I play through GTA: Chinatown Wars that I picked up along with the DS a couple weeks back.

Hope you like it as much as I do. :)

I hadn't played Left 4 Dead in a month or so till the other day, and I'm glad I got back into it because that game is a hell of a lot of fun even if I am terrible at it. Me Niner and leXX completed all 4 campaigns and then I played another campaign later with some others.

Was great fun. We have to do that way more often. ;)

I've ordered Eternal Sonata. Heard nothing but good things about it, plus it's Chopin, so I don't see how I can go wrong with it. So, I'll probably be playing that for ages when it arrives.

Also waiting for Riddick to be released on the 24th.
 Mav
04-09-2009, 1:20 PM
I've ordered Eternal Sonata. Heard nothing but good things about it, plus it's Chopin, so I don't see how I can go wrong with it. So, I'll probably be playing that for ages when it arrives.For what system did you purchase Eternal Sonata? Hmmmmmm?
 leXX
04-09-2009, 1:45 PM
360 for £10.
 Mav
04-09-2009, 2:04 PM
360 for Ј10.Augh! You're killing me leXX :p when they ported it to PS3 they added some new storyline events, made a couple of new characters playable, changed something related to the costumes and I think there might have been an extra dungeon, not too sure about that last bit. No achievements though. I shouldn't be one to complain either, not like I have the game XD.

Anyway to try stay on topic a bit, let's see, I just finished No More Heroes recently, been playing Professor Layton recently, I'm stuck on puzzle 12 I think, grrrrr. Oh and of course, Pokйmon Platinum :carms:
 jrrtoken
04-09-2009, 2:10 PM
I finally got around to buy Deus Ex, and I've been verily enjoying that, especially with my week off. The level design is brilliant, and really is reminiscent of Dark Forces in the way that every level is complex and realistic.

Other than that, I'll probably buy Platinum soon for my DS, but since there's also at least ten other DS games that I also want to play, I'll have to probably get one for now, which means that I'll probably get Hotel Dusk and Lock's Quest later on. But then, there's also The Dark Spire, Myst DS, Professor Layton, and others that I still want to play, so that'll be a hard one.

So many games, so little time/money. :p
 ChAiNz.2da
04-09-2009, 2:42 PM
Big fan of the Elderscrolls series so I thought I'd give the Bethesda company another shot with their (non ES) Fallout 3 title.

Wow. Having a blast with the game :mob:
 Tommycat
04-09-2009, 11:02 PM
Tommycat--make sure to get the official patch. There are game-stopping bugs otherwise. That game is phenomenal, and it's my favorite second only to the Kotor games. There are some great fan-made patches too--check those out once you get through your first or second playthrough. Use dementation whenever you have the opportunity in conversation--some of those conversations are hilarious.

Oh I'm loving those conversations. I find myself giggling every oportunity I have to talk to someone. It's made me hunt around for more people to talk to haha. Actually it was kinda on your recommendations(from the Lucascast) as your gaming seems to match more closely with mine.

I actually wasn't surprised at all by the two daughters of Janus Therese and Jeanette. It was obvious from when I first met them. I just finished the ship part. So far, I think I like playing a Malkavian... the response for Did you see anything strange when you see Lacriox was identical to what I said(before I saw the responses), "I see dead people" and of course one of my favorite quotes(thus far) "Death is not as peaceful as I had hoped"
 Darth Avlectus
04-14-2009, 12:33 AM
Considering getting one of the recent Half Life 2 games or something like it with the same engine so I can purchase and play Gmod. I have AAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL sorts of maniacal things I want to see happen. Make happen. Careful, I might just mutilate your favorite cute little anime characters! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
 HED
05-28-2014, 12:53 AM
The only game I've really been playing recently has been Minecraft.
Page: 2 of 2