Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Most Memorable Video Game Moments (Spoilers abound!)

Page: 1 of 2
 Bee Hoon
04-02-2008, 10:09 AM
Let's face it, most of us here have played waaaaay too many games for our own good. On the other hand, some of those games have brilliantly written moments that just scream "AWESOME!!111"

Personally:

The Sith Lords: the meeting of the remaining Jedi Council on Dantooine

Jade Empire: after rescuing Master Li (to be honest, that was more of a "ooooh bad feeling...oh wth!!)

Neverwinter Nights 2: the trial, and the siege of Crossroads Keep

Mask of the Betrayer: meeting Myrkul and Kelemvor.

So what about your favourite moments?;)
 Q
04-02-2008, 10:22 AM
The revelation of the big secret in KotOR1.

While I kind of suspected it, I was so caught up in the gameplay that it still managed to catch me by surprise.
 tk102
04-02-2008, 10:22 AM
- The "happy" ending of Planescape: Torment. Felt like I was saying goodbye to a bunch of friends.

- Entering "The Glow" of Fallout was very creepy.

- Contacting the Enclave from the Gecko nuclear base in Fallout 2. "What a rube." :D

- Launching the ship in Fallout 2

- Reciting a moon poem with Valesco in Grim Fandango

- Finishing the Atari 2600 Raiders of the Lost Ark in the wee hours of the night with a bunch of friends during slumber party

- Seeing Dragon's Lair for the first time. Holy cow.

- Discovering the existence of MAME...
 Sabretooth
04-02-2008, 11:21 AM
Since we're talking memorable, I'm going to list anything that flash before mine memorie:

- Dad installs Quake 3 demo - my first FPS experience leaves me baffled and exhilarated.

- My entire run of Deus Ex, which I still hold to be my most favourite game ever.

- Running Unreal Tournament 2003 right after getting my first graphics card, several months after I bought the game.

- Those great UT matches where you played like an hour or two, not for the score, but for the fun.

- Duels from Jedi Academy - many memories there. Like being screwed up by a server running that really popular mod I don't remember anymore. Picking up a rival in the interwebs and fighting him was fun.

- When I finished Monkey Island 1 - I had tears in my eyes.

- When I finished Monkey Island 2 - My face was contorted to produce the most astounded "WTF" expression ever.

- Once remember a crazy run in Operation Flashpoint. I had hardly any ammo, was heavily injured and had to cover like 600-800 metres alone, with my squad dead. That was both crazy and fun.

- When I stood atop a cliff in that gorge level in Far Cry - wow.

- Portal's Still Alive - sweetest moments of my life.

- One Age of Empires II match I was really impressed with, starting with the usual, we had built massive city-fortresses - it was just a totally epic, undescribable game.

- The... hospital level from Quake IV.

- Grim Fandango's ending, and the poem in the Blue Casket (As we dance this grim fandango...) and the part where Glottis' heart stops.

- Finally seeing light in Fallout's first hour - I had a terrible monitor that had its gamma malfunctioning - most of the world was literally pitch black.

- Republic Commando's depriving ending.

- When I jumped off of that top building in Midtown Madness 2 - man, that game was awesome.

- One moment in Superbike 2001 when there was this crash and my bike shot up like a rocket. It was crazy. It fell down after a few seconds with the same velocity. It was a bug, but man that was awesome.

- The first two Russian levels in Call of Duty - masterful design.

UPDATED:

- A scene in KotOR II where you see Darth Traya in the cave at Korriban. It wasn't particularly scary, but it just gave me goosebumps all over. The entire cave from that scene onwards was pretty well-made.

- When in Halo, that librarian thingie (drat, forgot its name) mentions how many of those gate thingies there are in the Library. My jaw dropped open.

- Clive Barker's Undying: several creepy moments here. The one where you hear the whispering just before meeting Lizbeth. The first time you see those creepy flying monsters after defeating Otto Keisinger. The first really creepy scene where there's a ****ing body hanging from the lamplight when you turn on Scrye.

- Golden Sun, where Saturos and Minardi take the elemental starts - that was pretty unexpected.
 Astor
04-02-2008, 11:21 AM
Hmm...

KOTOR1 - The opening sequence, followed by your little 'discovery'

KOTOR2 - Same as Bee's.

NWN2 - Same as Bee's again - The trial was written really well, and the Siege was great too.

Mass Effect - Clearing the hill on Eden Prime to see the Sovereign leaving, and then climbing up the side of the Citadel, towards it's maw...
 Jeff
04-02-2008, 11:24 AM
Dinging level 70 in WoW is probably my personal most memorable. Revan Revelation scene in KotOR is awesome too.
 Achilles
04-02-2008, 1:21 PM
- Discovering the personal history of the King of Shadows in NWN2. Was not expecting that twist at all.

- Meeting The Founder in Mask of the Betrayer. Putting the story/timeline together for the first time with all the pieces.

- My very first trip to Balmora. It was nighttime and it started to rain just as I stepped off the siltstrider platform. Looked up at the sky to see the roiling storm overhead. Awesome.

- Meeting the false Nerevarines. Not pretty. Not really significant to the story. Just one more layer in the immersive world that Bethesda created.

- The opening sequence to Oblivion. Very cinematic. Soaring score gives me goosebumps. Too bad it's mostly downhill from there.

- Getting my lightsaber in KotOR/KotOR II.:slsaber:
 Da_man
04-02-2008, 2:31 PM
- Portal's Still Alive - sweetest moments of my life.

- Republic Commando's depriving ending.

- The first two Russian levels in Call of Duty - masterful design.

Still Alive had me laughing my @$$ off.

I believe the RC one belogns in the "WOrst Video Game Moments of All Time" thread :xp:

THe Russian levels in CoD were excellent, and were just as awesome in CoD 2.

EDIT: Oh and going into Ravenholm in HL2 for the first time and doing the "Little Rocket Man" achievement in Episode 2.
 igyman
04-02-2008, 4:30 PM
Ahhhh, there's so many of them, I surely won't be able to name them all, but...

Grim Fandango
- "What's going down clown?"
- Trying to hack into Domino Hurley's terminal in El Marrow
- Glottis' heart
- Getting the pumps to upgrade the Bone Wagon (Glottis swirling on that damn tree)
- The scope outside Calavera Cafe
- Glottis' Bone Wagon song, Glottis' gambling problem
- Pretty much every character from Rubacava
- "Please put that away." and "That too." at the edge of the world
- "Look what could've happened to you." - Domino before his death
- LUMBAAAAGOOOOO LEEEEMOOOOONAAAADEEEEEEE!!!
- ...and pretty much everything else you can think of from Grim Fandango

Monkey Island 3 & 4
- Insult Swordfighting
- Monkey Kombat
- Murray, the evil skull
- Stan
- "It's me! Wonton Goodsoup, your long lost nephew." and the subsequent fake death.
- Skull Island ("But... it looks like a duck")
- The Voodoo Lady

Half-Life 1 & 2
- The G-Man and all his appearances, but especially the one in HL2 Episode Two

Kane and Lynch
- the scene where Kane and his family are supposed to be executed, when his wife took the bullet I was like OMG!!! Holy @#*!

Mafia
- The ending, again a "Holy @%$! what an awesome game!" moment
- Trying to kill Morello, the Corleone Hotel and subsequent Church shootout

Portal
- The "Still Alive" song
- The final showdown with GLaDOS
- "You have successfully completed the last part of the test where we pretended we were going to murder you."

The Legacy of Kain games
- Soul Reaver 1 outro/Soul Reaver 2 Intro
- Moebius and his schemes
- Raziel's joining with the Reaver in Defiance
- The end of the duel between Kain and Raziel in Defiance
- Moebius showing his true colors at the end of SR2 and the subsequent duels.
- Moebius' final death in Defiance

StarCraft
- The secret level in Brood War

I could probably think of dozens more, but the ones I've named so far have probably already made you think "What's wrong with this guy?" :D
 Ctrl Alt Del
04-02-2008, 5:07 PM
God of War 2 - The entire initial sequence against the Colossus. Talk about heights.

Shadow of the Colossus - The ending. Pure art.

KotOR - Revelation scene.

Metal Gear Solid 3 - Quite a bunch...
1. Sgt. Raikov? \o/
2. The torture scene with Snake. Followed by the shot on his eye.
3. Who The Boss really was. I think I cried.
4. Ocelot on the White House garden. Set me thinking.

Devil May Cry 3 -
1. Opening scene
2. Last battle. That one, when the credits are rolling.

There are others but I can't remember them right now. Read: tired.
 patient_zero
04-02-2008, 6:09 PM
It's really endings and final bosses that imprint themselves, as I'm the sort of person who starts many games but finishes very few, so if I get to the end it feels like I've invested a lot of emotion into it.

- Finishing KotOR 1. I played it after being in a gaming slump, and it was refreshing to have been caught up in the game so much and then rewarded with the "feel good" ending that's rare in the kinds of games I play.

- Facing Dark Falz for the first time in Phantasy Star Online. I was playing the offline mode, and my first fight against him was playing co-op with my brother and some of his friends. We'd been at it for a few hours, having decided to try and tear through the last two levels all at once, under-levelled and poorly equipped. It's disquieting when you hit the boss teleporter and find yourself standing in this beautiful, peaceful meadow, but you see the monolith in the middle and know that something bad will happen if you touch it.

- The "Tower of Salvation" section in Tales of Symphonia after the Flanoir event. First Zelos betrays you, then you get to see all of your party members sacrafice themselves one by one so you can keep climbing up the tower to rescue Colette. Though you half-expect to get them all back anyway, it's still a relief when you reach the top and reunite with all the party members you'd been losing on the way up.

- The first time you see Captain Gordon in Disgaea. His voice had me in hysterics. I love "idiot heroes" if they're well done, and I think Gordon qualifies for that.
 Ctrl Alt Del
04-02-2008, 7:11 PM
- The first time you see Captain Gordon in Disgaea. His voice had me in hysterics. I love "idiot heroes" if they're well done, and I think Gordon qualifies for that.
More than that, Gordon was, of course, purposedly made to look like your clichй hero. I think one of Thursday line went:

"Beep Beep Blip Beep...
Gordon keeps... Staring at Jennifer... Things."

I think that was a roflmao moment.
 Corinthian
04-02-2008, 7:11 PM
Fallout. In particular, meeting The Master and actually persuading him to kill himself.
 Pavlos
04-02-2008, 7:54 PM
Half-Life 1 & 2
- The G-Man and all his appearances, but especially the one in HL2 Episode Two

That scene was entirely unexpected and threw me completely off. I'm just standing there, watching the events unfold and suddenly the action stops and I hear that sinister voice saying, "Doctor Freeman..."

I'm surprised we haven't had any kindly members posting the BioShock revelation, to be honest :p.
 RedHawke
04-02-2008, 11:09 PM
Many that have been already listed... plus the ultimate...

Diablo II's Secret Cow Level!!!

Moo!
 The Betrayer
04-02-2008, 11:14 PM
Every single scenario at CoD and CoD2 (especially the Russian Raising of flag at Berlin)
Revan Revelation of K1.
Going back to Telos and leading the army AND leading the Militia against the mercenaries and Vice Versa @ K2
 Rabish Bini
04-02-2008, 11:58 PM
Yeah, I have quite a few:

Duke Nukem 3D
-Kicking the giant eye out of the cyclops' head right at the end of the game
-All his classic one-liners

Warlords Battlecry
-The crulety of Minos and his boss (forgot name), and then later in the game you find them dead.

Warlords Battlecry II
-Finally getting the "Orb of Etheria", after countless hours trying to conquer all 67 provinces
-The death of any Titan, talk about blowing a chunk out of the enemy
-Leaving the Daemon and Human Citadel's alone until near the end of the game, pretty much impossible on harder difficulties, very satisfying once completed :)

Metal Gear Solid
-The entire storyline, Pure Class, one of the best storylines in any game, ever.
-The battle against the Hind-D, had me on the edge of my seat the entire fight.

Metal Gear Solid 2
-Everything after the computer thingy went whacko, and how the Colonel was acting strangely, only to find out the truth...

KotOR
-The Revelation aboard Malak's Ship (I forget the name) I did suspect it abit, but I more expected one of my Party Members to be Revan.
-The epic annihilation of Malak's army aboard the Star Forge

TSL
-Kreia's cryptic words

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer
-Seeing Angel taken hostage and everything that happens afterwards

I have many more, but I can't really be bothered thinking at the moment.
 Corinthian
04-03-2008, 12:04 AM
The Battle atop Kefka's Tower. Sephiroth, eat your heart out - Kefka is the original One Winged Angel.
 sekan
04-04-2008, 3:56 AM
My Favorites:

Super mario 64: Getting 120 stars

Jade Empire: At the emperors throne. That almost made me go closed fist.

Nhl 99: Turned 1-4 to 5-4 on less than one minute in the stanley cup final.

Halo: The end of the maw.

Kotor: Revelation scene.
 Rabish Bini
04-04-2008, 5:23 AM
Well, i'm back with more :D

Warlords Battlecry III
-Defeating the last main mission to entrap the Fifth Horseman in his Citadel

Hitman: Blood Money
-The satisfaction of getting Silent Assassin on A Dance with the Devil

The Simpsons Game
-The final boss fight with God in Dance Dance Revelation to Scorpions Rock you like a Hurricane. Best. Boss fight. EVER!!

WWE: Smackdown Vs Raw 2007
-Defeating Batista with the Undertaker in the No Way Out PPV after being brutily assaulted before the fight by a masked eprson with a crowbar and having to fight the match virtually unconscious
 dewayne26
04-04-2008, 2:51 PM
I have go old school

Wing Commander III: Seeing Kilrah getting blown to heck and back. i

Wing Commander IV: Seeing Tolwyn hanging in the cell.

KOTOR: The love scene Raven and Bastila
 Da_man
04-04-2008, 3:31 PM
I have go old school
KOTOR: The love scene Raven and Bastila

Switch the E and the A.
 JCarter426
04-04-2008, 4:02 PM
All of Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II's cutscenes, but especially the two opening ones:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GfgtBuhOxk)

and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdEthjXZg_Y&feature=related)
 Quanon
04-04-2008, 4:10 PM
Here goes my list:

- Playing Dark Forces my first SW game ever.
Blasting my first Storm Trooper... ow yeah :p

- Getting Dark Forces 2, seeing the Intro and the actors;, it was like OMG a new
SW movie and ofcourse getting the lightsaber.

- Playing Unreal and seeing the enemies play with dice, don't know why, but I liked it :)

- Playing NFS 3, some fun countless afternoons of races with my friend in SplitScreen.

- Getting my hands on Quake 3 and running it on my first Geforce Card

- the Kotor games, where to start

- Recently VAmp: Bloodlines , already tons of fun memorys on the insane characters of this game.

- Half-Life 1 and 2, tons of fun stuff, good action scйnes that get your heart pumping.

- My first hours in Morrowind. The land never seemed to end.

- GTA games, hilarious and endless fun of destruction and other insane affairs.

- Carmageddon, there's just something about the insane idea for this game.

- Dawn of War, finannly I could stop spending money on my Armies as they got virtually alive and kicking.

- Starcraft and Diablo series left their mark.

Think thats about it :p
 Miltiades
04-04-2008, 5:00 PM
The Sith Lords: the meeting of the remaining Jedi Council on Dantooine

Jade Empire: after rescuing Master Li (to be honest, that was more of a "ooooh bad feeling...oh wth!!)

Neverwinter Nights 2: the trial, and the siege of Crossroads Keep

You just named my most memorable... and then there's Revan's revelation in KotOR & the moment in Halo when you reach the room where the soldiers were killed by the Flood (aka, the first meeting with the Flood). Also, the moment just before that when you get the see the last moments of the soldier.
 Ctrl Alt Del
04-04-2008, 6:50 PM
Final Fantasy XII
1. Killing Gilgamesh, Yazmat, Doom Dragon and Omega MK XII.
2. Air Fortress Bahamut. I would have never guessed.
3. Opening CG.

Kingdom Hearts 2
1. Meeting Terra.
2. Getting the Secret video about the Keyblade Wars.
3. Getting the "other" secret video after completing 100% of the game.
 Rabish Bini
04-04-2008, 8:37 PM
Oh, some classics:

Megaman II
-The entire game is a classic, but I especially love the Metalman stage

Mike Tyson's Punch Out
-Getting past the one-hit-KO uppercuts Mike Tyson does at the start of the fight, then defeating one of the hardest bosses in video game history

Mario Bros.
-Finally getting to Peach, only to find you restart the entire game with harder enemies plus it's faster
 mimartin
04-04-2008, 8:44 PM

I’m stealing one of your’s Bee Hoon, for a brief moment I really hated BioWare with an extreme passion. Luckily, I got over it.

KOTOR: The Temple Summit on the Unknown World was my favorite moment in the game. The music set the tone perfectly it was the perfect way to make your final choice on how the game ending should play out. I loved Revan revelation, it was great the first time, but I still get chills when entering the Temple Summit.

I’m stealing another: The Sith Lords: the meeting of the remaining Jedi Council on Dantooine Kreia’s speech is what steals the show to me.

Mass Effect has four or five such moments to me, but since the PC version has not been released and many have not played the game, I will not go into detail. However, for my favorite, you must try the background of a colonist so that you get the “I Remember Me” sidequest. I’ve only ever done the Paragon side of the quest, as I don’t know anyone that could be heartless enough to do the Renegade. It is my favorite moment in Mass Effect or any video game.

- The opening sequence to Oblivion. Very cinematic. Soaring score gives me goosebumps. Too bad it's mostly downhill from there.
I liked that one and the one at the end of the main quest; both were just mild moments to me. Cool looking but lacked any type of emotion, which is the problem with Oblivion in general; you can care less about any of the NPC or the PC. Sad when you don’t care about the PC in an RPG. Don’t get me wrong I played Oblivion more than any other video game, while it allowed you freedom it was lacking in sucking you into the story.
 JCarter426
04-04-2008, 9:20 PM
Kreia’s speech is what steals the show to me.

Same here. I've decided to stop playing after Dantooine, because it all goes downhill from there.
 Bee Hoon
04-04-2008, 9:44 PM
I’m stealing one of your’s Bee Hoon, for a brief moment I really hated BioWare with an extreme passion. Luckily, I got over it. Haha, their RPGs are waaaay too good for the hatred to last. When I replayed the game, I just realised that all the signs were there and the Water Dragon had been hinting at it all along. Geez, why couldn't she just say it instead of being so cryptic?:/

Kreia’s speech is what steals the show to me. Yeah, her dialogue was brilliant! The part where they zoomed between her and the masters... <3

Same here. I've decided to stop playing after Dantooine, because it all goes downhill from there.I would say that the final conversation with her in Malachor is worth it:)
 JCarter426
04-04-2008, 9:49 PM
Yeah, but I can just type "warp 907MAL" if I want to hear that. :p
 Corinthian
04-04-2008, 10:55 PM
Geez, even the TSL fans admit the final act sucks.

“I am Andrew Ryan, and I’m here to ask you a question. Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? ‘No!’ says the man in Washington, ‘It belongs to the poor.’ ‘No!’ says the man in the Vatican, ‘It belongs to God.’ ‘No!’ says the man in Moscow, ‘It belongs to everyone.’ I rejected those answers; instead, I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose...Rapture."

The First sighting of Rapture in BioShock, as well as your confronation with Andrew Ryan.
 Da_man
04-05-2008, 1:54 AM
I liked that one and the one at the end of the main quest; both were just mild moments to me. Cool looking but lacked any type of emotion, which is the problem with Oblivion in general; you can care less about any of the NPC or the PC. Sad when you don’t care about the PC in an RPG. Don’t get me wrong I played Oblivion more than any other video game, while it allowed you freedom it was lacking in sucking you into the story.
The opening was cool, but the final cinematic stole the show for me. And if you don't like the main Quest, try the Shivering Ilses expansion. The voice acting is a little better.

EDIT: Final boss of SSBB, where Sonic comes in to save all the Nintendo characters. IRonic to the extreme. :xp:
 stingerhs
04-05-2008, 2:19 AM
lets see here...

the "Trench Run" in Halo - its the end when the Pillar of Autumn is exploding and you have a limited amount of time to reach a docked fighter in the horribly-handling Warthog. fun sequence and it gives me an adrenaline rush every time

"Trench Run II" in Halo 3 - similar concept, but no time limit, and the floor is falling away, too. at least you get a gunner this time around...

Half Life 2 - Episode 2 - its the final cutscene......where Eli Vance is speared in the back by one of those slug-like advisers.its one of those few moments in video games or movies that squeezed some tears out of me eyes.

Half Life 2 - Episode 2 - the car sequence. dang it, i like that Charger, and the combat moments (especially the hotel fight) should be the stuff of FPS lore.

Half Life 2 - the Water Hazard sequence in the hover craft. that bit is just fun, especially the parts with the hunter-chopper chasing you. it was quite the rush the first time, and its still a blast to go through. its definitely my favorite sequence in that game, and it has a strong finish with the boss fight against said hunter chopper.

Portal - "The cake is a lie!!"

TES: Oblivion - the final sequence in the main quest. its more impressive on a powerful computer that can handle the sheer numbers of combatants, but its one of few battle sequences that was both difficult and scaled well. the finish was fairly impressive, too.

Chronicles of Riddick - the Riot Guard sequence. dang it, that part is fun stomping around in the posh slam owner's area in what's basically a small mech. the music is great, and getting revenge on all those guards is even sweeter.

Bioshock - the cutscene where Ryan reveals all.

Kotor - the big reveal

Mass Effect - fighting on the Citadel where you have to climb the spire to reach the
Citadel control. dang it, that is by far one of the best fight sequences ever. you feel so pressed for time, and you keep running into hordes of enemies that keep slowing you down. it sounds frustrating, but it just has that thrill to it similar to Halo's Trench Runs. it helps that its framed by one of the best space battle sequences that easily rivals those seen in the Star Wars movies.

Forza 2 - ok, so this isn't some scripted moment, but it felt like one heck of an achievement. it was winning a race online where everyone had a stock American muscle car on the King Cobra track (5 laps!!). it was tough, and there was even a point where i was in last place, but i still managed to come out on top. for those that are interested, i was using the Barracuda.

Crysis - the tank battle. yeah, there's been tank battles in other games i've played, but none of them have the sheer scale of this one. there's lots of enemy tanks as well as infantry armed with rockets. and don't forget the attack choppers, either. its a bit difficult to get through with the tank you start with, but its fun. combine that with the realism of the game's graphics and physics, and this part was just downright fun in every sense of the word.
 Paddythegreat
04-05-2008, 8:54 AM
Final fantasy VII - Sephiroth walking into the fire, at that moment he became the greatest video game bad guy of all time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrX7aFlSZBQ)
 Alkonium
04-05-2008, 9:10 AM
Morrowind - Somehow surviving use of a Scroll of Icarian flight without landing in water.

Half-Life 2 - Water Hazard, Highway 17, Sandtraps (only the stuff before you lose the dune buggy), any part of Episode Two with the car, using the gravity gun on anything, the Dark Energy Gravity Gun.

Guild Wars Prophecies - The searing of Ascalon

Lord of the Rings Online - Being forced to kill Amdir, battling a Mountain troll at Weathertop.

Kotor - The destruction of Taris and first arrival on Dantooine, the big revelation.

Myst - Seeing a linking book for the first time.

Oblivion - Getting out of the sewers at the start and seeing the immense detail in the world.
 Ctrl Alt Del
04-05-2008, 10:08 AM
The First sighting of Rapture in BioShock, as well as your confronation with Andrew Ryan.
How could I not mention that too?
 mur'phon
04-05-2008, 12:56 PM
nwn1: "But Deekin not likes you!!!" I literaly fell of my chair laughing.

nwn2: Bishop (to you): “How many enemies do you have, anyway? There’s almost more than I can count.”
Elanee: “There’s a surprise.”
Yes, the siege was epic, but actually hearing something un-preachy from E left me dumbstruck.

Freedom force: seeing a hero being punched across the city before crushing a badly damaged house filled with badies, then watching him get back up.

Vtm Bloodlines: too many to count, but failing floors, the evil kitchen and the sound of the elevator stand out from a certain hotel.

PoP3: the pause when you hang suspended before the vizier, then watching the dagger flash.

Bioshock: y'know

IWD2: the twins that showed me the power of BLASPHEMY

Haven't time, will add more later
 Rev7
04-05-2008, 1:22 PM
Off the top of my head:

- KotOR 1 -Revelation

- KotOR 2 - Jedi Concil Meeting on Dantooine

- Ace Combat 5- Losing Davenport

That is really all that I can think of at the moment....
 mimartin
04-05-2008, 8:02 PM
And if you don't like the main Quest, try the Shivering Ilses expansion. The voice acting is a little better.I’ve played Shivering Isles, it isn’t the voice acting that I had a problem with, it was the lack of meaningful dialogue with NPC that I had a problem with. Outside of Uriel Septim, Martin, Baurus and Jauffre the only personal relationship I developed was my hatred for Alessia Ottus after reading her comment in the many city guides she wrote.
 Titanius Anglesmith
04-05-2008, 8:44 PM
Dark Forces 2
- The opening cutscene, especially, but all of them are memorable.
- Getting a lightsaber, and being able to use one in a game for the first time.

Oblivion
- The opening sequence. You gotta love ol' Jean Luc.
- Seeing the Imperial City, and the rest of the game's sprawling landscape, from the Orange Road just south of Bruma for the first time.
- The final battle at the end of the main quest, especially the battle between Martin/Akatosh and Mehrunes Dagon.
KotOR
- The destruction of Taris.
- The battle with Malak, and finally being able to shut him up.
- The cheesy celebration on Lehon.

KotOR II
- The battle on Onderon.
- Pretty much everything involving Kreia, especially her speech on Dantooine and the conversation on Malachor.

Crysis
- The tank battle. The physics of this game are just incredible, and combined with stunning visuals and realistic sound effects, this sequence is pretty darn fun.
- The final sequence on the aircraft carrier. It would've been nice if the battle with the alien warship was a little more difficult, even on Delta, but the sheer beauty of it all makes up for it.
 Bee Hoon
04-06-2008, 2:11 AM
Jade Empire: Telling Sky that you came back for him. The bug-eyed look on his face was classic! :D All of Hen-pecked Hou's lines had me in stitches. Also, it was nice to finally have a romance with a conclusion :/
 mur'phon
04-06-2008, 12:02 PM
Just finished Jade Empire and the whole having everything click into place during the seconds before the *ouch* part was fantastic, and a lesson to everyone how plot twists should be.

And I agree with Bee, HPH is funneee.
But so is Kang. Also the princes arogance/common sence gave me several "wtf, oh, right, human" moments.

Crysis: crashing a jeep into a heli.

Overlord: yoda V:2.0

The Witcher: quite a few, but spending several minutes before choosing what you think is the "good" choice, and then seeing people butchered because of it.
 dewayne26
04-06-2008, 8:07 PM
i thought of another memorable moment for me

DS KOTOR II: making the two thugs commit suicide
 JCarter426
04-06-2008, 8:15 PM
Oh, that was a good one. I do that even when I'm LS. Hell, I actually pick Affect Mind just for that.
 Pho3nix
04-06-2008, 8:19 PM
So what about your favourite moments?;)
The most memorable one is a series of moments, when I first played Gran Theft Auto 3 on the PS2.

The feeling of freedom was overwhelming at first which had me hooked for a long time, I didn't even bother to do any missions in the beginning. I just loved cruising around with a fast car.

Also, when I first turned level 60 in World of Warcraft (this was of course before the expansion pack). I was at my friends house drinking and got my last XP from a Moonkin in Winterspring. I grinded a lot of them back then.
 Jvstice
04-06-2008, 8:57 PM
Revelation from K1. Didn't really surprise me, but emotional impact made it very memorable. Really did feel betrayed for a moment.

Jedi Council in K2, when the council talks about how you were blinded and deafened, and kreia talks about how your eyes were opened for the first time. Gives me chills just about every time.

VTM: Bloodlines - when you play malkavian and meet your old neighbor who wonders if you're her old best friend. You can use dememtation to convince her you are her pet turtle and she appologises for flushing you.

LOTR: when you conquer middle earth with the armies of EVIL.

Jade Empire: The reception you get when you rescue your master Li. Hints were dropped, but it played such that it seemed like the end of the game, and I couldn't believe that they'd end the game on that note. Then the shock to realize that they didn't.

Warcraft 3
When Thrall saves Grom from the demon taint.
WC3:TFT
When the horde has to put Admiral Proudmore's forces down, and how Jaina says she sees why they have to do it.
 Ravnas
04-06-2008, 10:00 PM
Planescape Torment's Ending was majestic. Anything with Kreia is awesome. Bioshock was awesome in every way possible. Mass Effect's Final Battle, and finally Zu's sacrifice in Jade Empire.
 Rabish Bini
04-08-2008, 3:32 AM
The big battle against the One-Eyed Cyclops, and all the women around the football stadium dancin while you fight him, then you can use them as shields, and for the final cutscene, you kick the eye right out of his head and through the rugby goals. Classic.

(Said it before, but though i'd clarify it more, as the qwhole thing was pure class)
 Serpentine Cougar
04-09-2008, 12:50 AM
- the big plot twist/reveal in Kotor1
- the big plot twist/reveal in Prince of Persia 1 (Sands of Time)
- the ending after the credits of Halo 1
- the intro to Half-Life 1 (it just draws you in like no game before it)
- watching my sister finish Ico, then as the credits end she says, "Wouldn't it be cool if you could play right here?" - and then you actually can!
- any Collosus battle in Shadow of the Collosus
- the ending of Final Fantasy X (really touching...)
- Warcraft 3 when Arthas says hi to his dad...
- Warcraft 3 Frozen Throne ending
- setting fire to an entire house in The Sims
Page: 1 of 2