Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Variety of new workbench upgrades

Page: 1 of 1
 Eagle Racer
10-04-2007, 6:18 PM
http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/New_Work_Bench_Upgrades;83300)

You can find screen shots of the mod at the link.

This is a package of 114 "new" upgrades for weapons, 3 new underlays that can be used on robes or armors and 19 new variations of Jedi and Dark Jedi robes. They are all createable at the work bench, and right now the only other way to get them is to use KSE or 'giveitem' cheat. This mod started out with me always wanting a lightsaber that did most cold damage. Personally I found lightsabers in game lacking in functional variety. Then there are things like Jedi and other force uses imbuing weapons with the force, but nothing in game to reflect that. Lightsabers are suppose to be as unique as the person who carries it. So this mod is an attempt to create more of that variety and uniqueness in game. The upgrades are altered versions of preexisting in game upgrades, primarily changing the damage type to other types of damage. Everything is based of the MKIII to MKIV or whatever the "top" lvl upgrade is called. I didn't do one for each of the weaker variations, because that would make this mod substantially bigger, which would be a huge clutter in your 'override' folder and at your workbench in-game. Not to mention slow down the load time of your workbench. And you do have the few original upgrades to last you till you can make the new ones. The required skill levels are the same as the original in game item it is based off of or something that requires a similar # of components to create. I also made new lenses out of all the original in game upgrade crystals, because... well a crystal is a crystal regardless of it's shape, size or how it's cut... The force cares nothing for size, right? And it adds a lot of new diversity, which is after all the whole point of this mod after all. In comparison to other lenses, they are pretty equal in power.

New for version 1.5: There are 19 new variations of jedi and dark jedi robes that can be created at the workbench. The defense bonus varies from 1 to 10, and the robes are more and more upgradeable with underlays and overlays the heavier they get. But these additional bonuses of defense and upgradeablilty come at a cost to dexterity starting at def bonus of 6 and eventually an attack penalty starting at a def bonus of 9. There is a new "Verpine Robe" a spin off of the Norris Robe using the normal Jedi Robe apperenace just for fun. It protects against Ion damage. Also added vibroblades to the creation table, which I meant to do in version 1. Lightsabers where placed there as well in version 1, I just never mentioned it so it would be a surprise. :-P Also fixed the installer changes.ini file.
 e-varmint
10-05-2007, 11:00 PM
Wow, that's a LOT of work! This will definately make TSL worth another playthrough!
 Shadow51689
10-06-2007, 2:02 AM
Definitely. I'm really surprised by the lack of interest. Why wouldn't you want new upgrades?

I haven't messed with random loot stuff yet, but it wouldn't be a bad idea to add some of the new upgrades to the random loot. (No idea how difficult that is).

Makes for an interesting combination with ChAiNz's Darkswords.
 Arбtoeldar
10-06-2007, 7:38 AM
Thanks for an excellent mod. I was ticked off when I couldn't make certain upgrades yet you could find them in the game.
 Ztalker
10-06-2007, 12:31 PM
Permanent override.

Excellent job. Tinkering with lightsabers was (imo) one of the coolest things in the game. :D
 Eagle Racer
10-06-2007, 1:28 PM
Thanks guys. I greatly appreciate the feedback! For the random loot, that's planned to do, if I can figure it out. USM has some example coding in it, so I'm hopeful to be able to do that. This is a small piece of much bigger addon, I'm trying to work up to. Just trying to take it a step at a time and gain some experience at working with this game. :)
 Shadow51689
10-06-2007, 3:08 PM
One thing I've noticed: You've created a new Dragite Lens upgrade, with +1 Constitution and +1 Sonic Damage, however there is already a Dragite Lens in Vanilla TSL, which gives a +2 damage bonus. (Unless something went wrong with my install)
 Eagle Racer
10-06-2007, 4:22 PM
You are correct. Did not notice that. Will make a change to the Crystal Lens name. Thanks. There is a Pontite Lens originally as well...
Page: 1 of 1