Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Fable 2!!!

Page: 1 of 1
 Rogue15
03-22-2007, 10:36 AM
http://alterego.vault.ign.com/)

just another reason for me to get a xbox 360....

apparently you get to have a dog in this one....that could be fun! TLC is one of my favorites...
 FiEND_138
03-22-2007, 12:14 PM
Yes, this whole idea looks wicked cool. I especially like the idea of it scouting ahead, playing the part of the mini-map. Very neat. Can't wait to see how it plays.
 Jason Skywalker
03-22-2007, 3:50 PM
I wonder if you are a woman, you get a cat... LOL xD.

Agreed, i loved TLC, too bad i don't have a 360. Let's hope Fable 2 joins the wave of one system only restricted games that went multiplatform.
 Venom750
03-23-2007, 8:19 PM
I hope there redo the aging system on the game it went a little to fast for my liking one minute you leave the heros guild aged 19 you do one quest and your 25... wtf
 Ctrl Alt Del
03-23-2007, 9:36 PM
I wonder if you are a woman, you get a cat... LOL xD.

Agreed, i loved TLC, too bad i don't have a 360. Let's hope Fable 2 joins the wave of one system only restricted games that went multiplatform.

Nah, that wouldn't work. Can you imagine a cat scouting for you? It would abandon you, that's more feasible.

I hope there redo the aging system on the game it went a little to fast for my liking one minute you leave the heros guild aged 19 you do one quest and your 25... wtf

Agreed. Three hours after my first playthrough and I was already 50!
 SilentScope001
03-23-2007, 9:51 PM
Please fix the story! I know this is an action RPG, and they don't usually care about storyline, but what happened in Fable 1 really was a travestry. What's the point of any RPG without a good story? It all felt to me like an excuse to be a mercanary to do random missions, and I did not feel any compelling for any of the characters I dealt with.
 Ctrl Alt Del
03-23-2007, 10:36 PM
Agreed. I was really not much surprised with the plot and the villain. Jack-of-the-Blades... T'was too generic for me.
 SilentScope001
03-23-2007, 11:43 PM
Agreed. I was really not much surprised with the plot and the villain. Jack-of-the-Blades... T'was too generic for me.

Here's a BETTER story idea they should have done:

After the fall of the Empire, with chaos and mayhem, monsters and theives roam the streets, and cities declare indepedence. There is much chaos...and the land beg to be unified together under one ruler.

One day, Jack-of-Blades, a hero, studied the legends of the Empire, and decided that, in order to stop the endless fighting and mayhem, he should summon that great sword. Cynical of the wars and of the arena battles, Jack-of-Blades desires to resurreect an old era, and will do whatever it takes, falling to evil, in order to do the greater good. Jack-of-Blades' interest in history explains his desire of capturing the Ariceologist and using him to figure out important information.

Jack-of-Blades is actually the Guildmasters of the current Hero Guild, its founder even. The Hero Guild is nothing more than a glorified merc clan that accepts both good and evil people, but that is the point. Jack-of-Blades saw this Guild as a way to keep order through the Land, as a step towards aquring the Sword. Jack also owns an off-shore prison, where you was imprisoned, as a proving ground for his military force, which will unleash once he has the Sword and ready to re-establish the Empire. Jack, along with Maze, searched the world to find the last descendants of the Royal line that has held the Sword. Jack learnt that the murder of the royal line will be needed to gain contorl over the Sowrd, and to summon it to prepare for conquest over the Land.

Jack starts off with paying the Robbers who invaded your hometown (in my story, it would remain a ghost town, even after 7 years later). You was "recurited" into the Hero Guild by Maze, who wanted to keep a tab on you, and use you to find your Sister and Mother, who is also necessary to be killed off. What Jack wanted to do is bto bring the three people together, and then murder off all of them to grab the Key necessary to get the Sword. This ritual was done in the "Head to Hook Coast" chapter, wit your sister and your life force's drained, along with your mother already captured, with her power being drained in the past.

When the game ends, you realize that the Sowrd is fading away. You have to choose to throw the Sword back into the sea, so that the ritual is cancelled, and that your mother, sister, and you recover your health...or kill your Sister, competling the ritual and grabbing the Sword's power for yourself. If you choose the latter, the game ends with you taking over the world, because of that Sword's power. The Sword is possesd by an greedy spirit, that seeks to conquer, subject and destroy...fitting for an evil person who taken the Sword, and fitting for Jack-of-Blades as well.

Regardless, after you kill off Jack-of-Blades, the Hero Guild, the tool of Jack-of-Blades to complete his mission of trying to save the Land from the endless and nihlistic warfare, is offically destroyed. You are now in charge of your own destiny.
---
Yes, this does not take into account the TLC chapter, but I already paid good money for Fable 1, and don't want to shell out more money for this add-on. Regardedless, this is how I would have written the story, and it may have been more effective this way.
 Rogue15
03-24-2007, 9:31 AM
the addon is much better
 HK-87
03-24-2007, 8:32 PM
Because of Brothels, no? ;)
 Ctrl Alt Del
03-24-2007, 9:13 PM
Point is, Silent Scope, that the game itself wasn't all that serious. Man, just look at the name of the guy, Jack...
 Rogue15
03-24-2007, 10:08 PM
it's more of a fairy tale story than a hardcore rpg like morrowind...
 SilentScope001
03-24-2007, 11:46 PM
Point is, Silent Scope, that the game itself wasn't all that serious. Man, just look at the name of the guy, Jack...

Ah. I never actually noticed that, thought it was supposed to be sinister, but nope...it's just Jake. No wonder most of their jokes fell falt on my face, I was playing the game as a very serious person.

Probraly won't devivant from the formula that made it a best-selling game the first time around, so the storyline won't make any drastic...or even any minor improvement. A shame, the combat was done quite well.
 SpaceAlex
03-25-2007, 5:45 AM
I didn't enjoy TLC, so i doubt F2 will be to my liking. But you never know.
 Ctrl Alt Del
03-25-2007, 12:41 PM
Ah. I never actually noticed that, thought it was supposed to be sinister, but nope...it's just Jake. No wonder most of their jokes fell falt on my face, I was playing the game as a very serious person.

That was my case too. I was expecting to find wine where there was just water.
 Ztalker
03-25-2007, 2:44 PM
Maybe it would be safe too say that Fable did nothing wrong, but nothign sepcificly good either?

Because that's the way I experiened it..the combat was nice, the emotion- and interaction with the NPC's was nice, the artwork was nice. But like Rogue said..it it's nothing compared to games as Morrowind or Oblivion.

PS:
That dog-battle could be very cool. I imagine slicing through hordes and hordes of enemies, with your faithfull dog biting through necks and legs :D
PSS: Dog+Humand combo's? The dog disabeling an opponent, player finishing it of?
 Grey Master
03-25-2007, 3:04 PM
Fable is the second most waited game for the XBOX 360, with Halo 3 being the first.
The creator of Fable overhyped the first game, and in the end it had less material than promised. The same is happening with Fable 2, but I hope that now the developers keep their word, I'm really looking forward to the game, I think is going to be released in 2008.
 Quanon
03-26-2007, 7:44 AM
Fable was good most ways , as some have posted above , but for me it was just a bit to short .

I enjoyed the enviroments , the npc's interacting ( running away like screaming idiots , just because I entered the village :lol: )

Really I had lots of fun , so I just hope Fable 2 improves more then just fancier graphics . A bit more story wouldn't hurt .
 Rogue15
03-26-2007, 9:09 AM
yeah it was pretty short...the lost chapters though added alot more. the main thing i didn't like was that you were the only person to age in the whole game! and you aged very fast....every time you level you age....

Fable 2 takes place 500 years after the lost chapters, so that might be interesting...
 Ztalker
03-26-2007, 11:03 AM
heh, the leveling system was quit stupid yeah..

Age everytime you level..it contradicts itself :xp:
"I have gotten more muscles, but am forced to use a wheelchair now. Fear me!"
 Quanon
03-26-2007, 5:46 PM
I did like the silly details though . Kicking chickens as far as you can :D .
Punching the kids in town ; Getting Drunk ; marry three different wives .

And most of all the gruessom scars all over my body , no wonder all the villagers where frightened of me :p
I did like the names that people called you , "Chicken Chaser !!! "

:lol: Yeah lots of funny memorys .

I guess I'll buy this second one aswell when its out .
 Rogue15
03-26-2007, 9:08 PM
the best though...those bards....ever punch one? funny as hell.
 Quanon
03-27-2007, 10:03 AM
Yeah the bards , hahahahaha ... I think the fun stuff saved Fable .
I rember when I was just out the academy of heroes , I spended all my money on a big sword .

The weapon was way to heavy for my character so he dragged it behind him and was very slow in combat , hilarious :D .

THat's why I got a bit dissapointed in Fable , lots of fun , but way to short as I said before . Another point is that you could ignore enemeys , you can do some sort of dodge forward roll with your character .

One day I saw my brother play the game , he just kept rolling , by passing all enemys and voila first part of the quest succesfull .

Really in the last levels where you have to chase the badguy , just roll around like a maniac and jump in those portals ! THat really shortened the game and well ... made it not so good afterall .
 Point Man
04-01-2007, 12:20 AM
I liked TLC, but I could do without a dog in Fable 2.

I did like it when the guy would say,"Well, he don't look like no chicken chaser to me, but, then again, I ain't never met one.":)
 Jae Onasi
04-01-2007, 12:25 AM
I hear 'Fable' and all I can hear is "Hey!" with that cheesy arm pump and "I think I just felt Albion move!" ;P
 croma
06-03-2007, 11:46 PM
I wish they make it in two version: All-age and 21+. Why get married and get in the brothels but don't do humpin' da bump, LIVE!?? Make a minigame of it at least.

Ok, time to get serious. About the story itself, I wish it had a good ending and in-game choices that made you ask those 'what if' questions also some plot that explained the game title. Maybe finding another kind of your unique-talking-pet so that it won't be extinct. To be honest, I thought I'll be playing an animal-man character (zoanthrope) in a fairy tale-ish serious storyline (long live Tim Burton!!) game when I first bought TLC. What a disappointment it was.
 JoeDoe 2.0
06-04-2007, 8:56 AM
I hope you get to turn into a Balvarine in this game, that would be sweet.
The dog idea seems pretty cool too, a loyal companion that will fight and help you, and the idea to have children will make for an interesting game.
 Darth Kalverys
06-04-2007, 9:17 AM
Fable was good most ways , as some have posted above , but for me it was just a bit to short .

Depending on which version you got... if you got Fable... then it was FAR too short... but if you got the Lost Chapters it wasn't too bad.

I've heard from someone... that in Fable 2 you get to have kids, but I don't know... I think that too would be a cool concept.
 Corinthian
06-05-2007, 5:28 AM
Not even a little bit interested. Fable was the biggest letdown I've had since my birthday cake turned to ash. Peter Molyneux is a liar. I'll probably mooch off my friends or rent it, but considering it's unlikely to take me more than ten hours to beat this one, no way in hell am I buying it.
 JoeDoe 2.0
06-05-2007, 9:46 AM
I wonder if the character on Fable 2 is related to the Hero on the original, like he's your great grandfather or something like that...
The original Fable was short, but The Lost Chapters was much better. And Fable 2 is only going to be available on Xbox 360/Elite, gonna buy me one. :D
 FiEND_138
07-14-2007, 6:08 AM
 Reclaimer
07-14-2007, 6:17 AM
E3 07 demo (http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/741/741361/vids_1.html)

I saw that last night, and OMG I was in awe. They've really improved it from the original.

It won't be no Morrowind/Oblivion though. But it'd still be great.
 Boba Rhett
07-14-2007, 12:50 PM
It won't be no Morrowind/Oblivion though. But it'd still be great.

Holy crap, we can only hope it's no Oblivion. :D

I was really pumped about the first one even with everything that had been stripped from it from it's original idea and I was still let down by it. I'll cautiously follow Fable 2 for that reason. I sincerely hope it's a home-run this time around though. :)

Did anyone else find the entire world of Albion a little.... unsettling? Perhaps even nightmarish in it's execution?
 JoeDoe 2.0
07-14-2007, 1:09 PM
Albion seems to have fallen into Darkness....
 Rogue15
07-14-2007, 5:52 PM
Fable The Lost Chapters was great. Fable 2 should be awesome!
 Ghost Down
07-17-2007, 7:21 AM
Fable 2 would be awesome, if they released it on PC :lol:

- Ghost down
 Rabish Bini
07-18-2007, 6:12 AM
I loved TLC, and i'm getting a 360! I'll definately get this.
 Corinthian
07-18-2007, 10:31 AM
Fable was a disappointing piece of mediocrity, about on par with Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance. I think if you tallied up the features that were actually in it and the features that Molyneux promised, the second list would be longer. The game's a joke. It's entertaining. Hurray. So was Galactic Battlegrounds - doesn't mean it's not a piece of crap. Maybe if Molyneux wasn't such a consistent liar, I might get a little hyped about this, but, you know, he is.
 swphreak
07-18-2007, 10:52 AM
From what they're saying combat is going to be like, I'm losing interest in Fable 2. Accord to Molyneux, the X button is all you need to push to melee attack (and apparently defend?). Appeal to casual gamers my ass.
 Det. Bart Lasiter
07-21-2007, 2:41 AM
I did like the silly details though . Kicking chickens as far as you can :D .
Punching the kids in town ; Getting Drunk ; marry three different wives
Pfft. You're supposed marry the Bowerstone schoolteacher.
 Web Rider
07-23-2007, 8:52 PM
From what they're saying combat is going to be like, I'm losing interest in Fable 2. Accord to Molyneux, the X button is all you need to push to melee attack (and apparently defend?). Appeal to casual gamers my ass.

yes, all you need to push to attack, though pushing it while holding other buttons (ctrl+alt+X anyone?) will make you do different things, also, depending on the surrounding area, what you push and where stuff around you is when you push it will cause your moves to be different.

Still, I'm looking forward to the game, hoping it's an improvment over the first and employs some things that games have yet to think of. I always liked the idea of physically changing based on your alignment and other things, more than just a texture I mean.

The new twists on romance sound interesting, few games bother to include good romance, all RPGs should. And the dog sounds nifty.

IF they make a PC version, I'll be much happy, if they dont...well, it may force my hand on which console I buy.
Page: 1 of 1