Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Kotor Restoration Project: K1RP Official LF Thread!

Page: 2 of 5
 SithRevan
06-17-2007, 11:41 PM
Unfortunately, that K1RP seems to have ground to a halt almost before it started. As far as I can tell from their forums, nothing is going on :(
Actually we are still operational. We just have been taking things slow... very slow.:lol: Never the less though we are still doing it.;)
 Weave
07-16-2007, 2:10 AM
Cheers! Hope everything works out! I really wanted to see Sleheyron ever since I found out that it was part of some cut content in KOTOR 1... I wonder if you can free the slaves? Or keep them under the Hutts iron-fisted rule! I guess I'm just going to have to wait... Good luck!
 SithRevan
08-08-2007, 4:09 PM
Well I know it been a while since there has been a post or really anything coming out of this project... but I do want to assure you that we are still doing this and I have come here to ask if any of you would be interested in helping. After seeing some of the more daunting tasks that we have I've decided that the team I have, even though they are very good at what they do, is still not enough. So to get to the point I'm looking for new additions to add to the team so we can get this done fast and efficiently, here are all of the avilaible positions and how many spots are open in the said position...

Area Designers:
3-4 spots availible

Programmers:
2-3 spots availible

Reskinners:
3-4 spots availible

Modelers:
1-2 spots availible

Scripters:
5-6 spots availible

Dialog Editiors:
3-4 spots avalible

Voice Actors: (You must be able to imitate the characters from the game WELL)
5 or more spots availible

Lipsync Editors:
1-3 spots availible

Please remember though before you join us that this is a job and it will be treated as such which means you will need to have the time and determination to get it done. Also, please do not try to join us if you do not know what you are doing. I know this is a little harsh to say but you'll just slow us down even more if you join us and have absolutly no idea what you are doing.

Thanks everyone and I hope to see some of your submissions to join the project soon.:D
 Adelphus
08-08-2007, 4:59 PM
Well I know how to model and have successfully exported my work into Kotor before.
I'd be very interested in taking a modeling position if you'd take me, but first I'd like to know what is required of the position?
 SithRevan
08-08-2007, 5:02 PM
Well I know how to model and have successfully exported my work into Kotor before.
I'd be very interested in taking a modeling position if you'd take me, but first I'd like to know what is required of the position?
Well the position may require you to model large things... like areas. We plan on building Sleheyron and possibly some other planets or areas.

Also, if you want the position you'll need to send me a sample of your work through the PM system here. I need to make sure it's up to the standards we need it at.;)
 Adelphus
08-08-2007, 5:05 PM
Buildings, statues, etc? I think I could handle that.

since I have some time right now, and max is open lol Is there anything you'd like to see in particular as an example?
 SithRevan
08-08-2007, 5:09 PM
Buildings, statues, etc? I think I could handle that.

since I have some time right now, and max is open lol Is there anything you'd like to see in particular as an example?
Pretty much. Also, grounds and stuff like that... but I guess that is a given.:lol:

Something that stands out... like a landscape or a building, something like that would work.;)
 Adelphus
08-08-2007, 5:10 PM
Alright then, I'll send a PM with a few renders when I'm finished :)
 SithRevan
08-08-2007, 5:12 PM
Alright then, I'll send a PM with a few renders when I'm finished :)
Awesome, I look forward to seeing them.;)
 Lantzen
08-09-2007, 12:42 PM
ehh, "Voice Actors: (You must be able to imitate the characters from the game WELL) 5 or more spots availible"...

Don't go there please, it won't be good in the end to try to imitate the voices. That's my opinion at least, but it's your mod so i don't have so much to say^^
 SithRevan
08-09-2007, 12:58 PM
ehh, "Voice Actors: (You must be able to imitate the characters from the game WELL) 5 or more spots availible"...

Don't go there please, it won't be good in the end to try to imitate the voices. That's my opinion at least, but it's your mod so i don't have so much to say^^
Well trust me if we don't have to do new VO's for the characters we won't. I know nobody can sound exactly like them and that is why I said you need to only be able to imitate them "WELL.";)
 Quanon
08-09-2007, 1:04 PM
Well trust me if we don't have to do new VO's for the characters we won't. I know nobody can sound exactly like them and that is why I said you need to only be able to imitate them "WELL.";)

Don't know if I still need to sign-up somewhere .
And not sure if Glove-Master mentioned I would glady join the team , as some-sort texture / 3D artist ( you'll have to take random chaos and madness aswell :lol: )

And I'm almost finished working on the Coruscant mod from Coola.

But since GM is out somewhere in France I'm kinda lost on what to do ,( allthough I'm now on to tackling creating new rendered and walkable area, but that's another thread)

Anyway , been busy drawing some concept on Sleyeheron ( spelling :s )

Just shooting off this all , lalallalalalal , going nuts :lol:

So I just want to know if I'm in or not ;)

~Q
 SithRevan
08-09-2007, 1:19 PM
Don't know if I still need to sign-up somewhere .
And not sure if Glove-Master mentioned I would glady join the team , as some-sort texture / 3D artist ( you'll have to take random chaos and madness aswell :lol: )

And I'm almost finished working on the Coruscant mod from Coola.

But since GM is out somewhere in France I'm kinda lost on what to do ,( allthough I'm now on to tackling creating new rendered and walkable area, but that's another thread)

Anyway , been busy drawing some concept on Sleyeheron ( spelling :s )

Just shooting off this all , lalallalalalal , going nuts :lol:

So I just want to know if I'm in or not ;)

~Q
Well all you really need to do is signup with the forums and then pretty much do what you are doing. We do need some concept and ideas for Sleheyron and we definitely need the lightmap/walkmesh problems worked out.

Anyway PM me and I will give you more specifics on what your job will be.;)
 southern_fox
08-09-2007, 5:22 PM
To be honest, I’m torn between strong urges to help and the stark realism. I love what you are doing here, regardless. If I may, I’d like to ask a few questions to clarify the situation for me.

- From what I understand, assets from Sleheyron are exceedingly sparse. What assets were found in the deep cavities of the Xbox version? Are there any modules in any form, or anything of interest, that survived?

- How is progress on the Tatooine Rakatan Temple modules? From my own investigation into them, I found that necessary tweaking was needed on the walkmesh, and a much more appropriate lightmap – that, and some actual game content, although that is far easier given a good writer. To my understanding, magnusll has made great progress in the creation of custom walkmeshes, but lightmaps remain uncracked. Is this the only major hurdle left?

- Looking at the Czerka Office/Depot on Korriban – which seemed at one time to be accessible through the door on Dreshdae (and can’t be selected) – seems to be largely complete. All that I could see is needed as far as making a solid module is some tweaking with the walkmesh, although I might be wrong. What progress has been made here?

- It is my understanding that all that stands in the way of creating custom/new modules is the uncracked lightmap format. Am I correct, or is there more?
 Master Zionosis
08-09-2007, 5:36 PM
To be honest, I’m torn between strong urges to help and the stark realism. I love what you are doing here, regardless. If I may, I’d like to ask a few questions to clarify the situation for me.

- From what I understand, assets from Sleheyron are exceedingly sparse. What assets were found in the Xbox? Are there any modules in any form that survived?

- How is progress on the Tatooine Rakatan Temple modules? From my own investigation into them, I found that necessary tweaking was needed on the walkmesh, and a much more appropriate lightmap – that, and some actual game content, although that is far easier given a good writer. To my understanding, magnusll has made great progress in the creation of custom walkmeshes, but lightmaps remain uncracked. Is this the only major hurdle left?

- Looking at the Czerka Office/Depot on Korriban – which seemed at one time to be accessible through the door on Dreshdae (and can’t be selected) – seems to be largely complete. All that I could see is needed as far as making a solid module is some tweaking with the walkmesh, although I might be wrong. What progress has been made here?

- It is my understanding that all that stands in the way of creating custom/new modules is the uncracked lightmap format. Am I correct, or is there more?

Most of what you said is practically dead on.

The only thing I can see that needs answering is Sleheyron, there is nothing model or module wise of it, only a few lines in the dialog.tlk file.

As for custom modules, you are also correct, now that the walkmesh's have been partially resolved, all that remains is lightmaps. ;)
 SithRevan
08-09-2007, 5:37 PM

- From what I understand, assets from Sleheyron are exceedingly sparse. What assets were found in the Xbox? Are there any modules in any form that survived?

Well we did go into the Xbox and, very unfortunately, no more content then what we hadn't already found in the PC version was discovered. So with Sleheyron we are taking a whole new approach, we plan on building it from some of the Alpha stage teaser shots that BioWare put out and basically building the whole are from scratch.

Now the Rakatan temple is a different story, we haven't gotten much done on it yet becuase of the amount of things that need to be done before we can get to it. You are right however that the Walkmesh and Lightmaps do need some tweaking, we, like I said, have not gotten around to that yet.

Yes, Lightmaps right now are about the only thing we have left to hurdle over, which we will do... eventually.:D

That module actually looked pretty okay to me, and the only problem with the walkmesh was the fact that the creator of that mod, Darth InSidious, used another area's .git file to make it so it still had invisible placeables, doors, and characters in it. That is why the floor is so glitchy in some spots. Now as for putting this in Dreshdea... that is a little more complex. I think that it was not supposed to be a seperate module but a module that was connected onto the area and BioWare never got around to it. We will have to see though. We still have not getten that far on this project yet.

I hope that answers all of your questions.;)
 southern_fox
08-09-2007, 6:29 PM
Thank you both for answering so promptly.

I'll gladly contribute to the project as an extra hand. If Quanon’s adding his exceptional artistic skills, I will add my writing. I desire this project to succeed, and I feel that it could enhance an already excellent storyline.

Personally, I don't feel that lightmaps will remain elusive forever – and it seems that progress is being made in that direction by magnusll. With this resolved, creation of new modules becomes a tremendous creative possibility – with no equal. That, I feel, is important and the immediate goal of this. With that one breakthrough, much can follow.

I already have a few in-depth notes typed up regarding scripts and content for Sleheyron, although they are a bit messy at the moment (a bit like actual notes and synopses). I’ll send them to you when I feel that they are professional. I have some smaller notes regarding the Tatooine Temple (I would suggest in all realism to not aim to restore the actual Sarlacc) and the Czerka Office.

In the meantime, I’ll hand over to you everything I have regarding Sleheyron – all images (I’m sure that you already seen them, but I’ve edited and brightened them to make them more clear), concept art, and a music file (it is not in the game files, and I would like your opinion on it). Private message me a way of contacting you, and I’ll do so after work.
 SithRevan
08-09-2007, 10:24 PM
Thank you both for answering so promptly.

I'll gladly contribute to the project as an extra hand. If Quanon’s adding his exceptional artistic skills, I will add my writing. I desire this project to succeed, and I feel that it could enhance an already excellent storyline.

Personally, I don't feel that lightmaps will remain elusive forever – and it seems that progress is being made in that direction by magnusll. With this resolved, creation of new modules becomes a tremendous creative possibility – with no equal. That, I feel, is important and the immediate goal of this. With that one breakthrough, much can follow.

I already have a few in-depth notes typed up regarding scripts and content for Sleheyron, although they are a bit messy at the moment (a bit like actual notes and synopses). I’ll send them to you when I feel that they are professional. I have some smaller notes regarding the Tatooine Temple (I would suggest in all realism to not aim to restore the actual Sarlacc) and the Czerka Office.

In the meantime, I’ll hand over to you everything I have regarding Sleheyron – all images (I’m sure that you already seen them, but I’ve edited and brightened them to make them more clear), concept art, and a music file (it is not in the game files, and I would like your opinion on it). Private message me a way of contacting you, and I’ll do so after work.
Thank you southern_fox, your contributions I'm sure will be a tremendous amount of help to all of our efforts and our visions for this project to succeed.

We will however have to review what to do with both the Sarlacc and the Extra Czerka office though because I don't think anyone here will let me abandon our efforts to restore both in the game.;)
 Adelphus
08-09-2007, 10:38 PM
Is the sarlacc animated?
 Master Zionosis
08-09-2007, 10:49 PM
Is the sarlacc animated?

I wasn't aware of any Sarlacc even in that pit, so my guesses would be no.

We could do a George Lucas and make it so we don't see the Sarlacc but we hear it :lol:, you know, by placing a sound emitter.
 Qui-Gon Glenn
08-09-2007, 10:51 PM
The work that your team is doing on cracking custom areas is simply cool. Thank you for your efforts SR and Co., especially magnusll and Quanon with their current expedition into lightmaps and walkmesh....

Would love to see all of this work out, K1RP!

One thing... I noticed that on your project site forums, you are discussing the various live planets. Specifically, you are referring to the screens from that tutorial, no? Read it carefully, you will find that the descriptions for the other "Live" planets that tk made were simply made as an example of what could be done.... "Hoth" was not derived from any game resource.
 Adelphus
08-09-2007, 11:02 PM
I wasn't aware of any Sarlacc even in that pit, so my guesses would be no.

We could do a George Lucas and make it so we don't see the Sarlacc but we hear it :lol:, you know, by placing a sound emitter.

Oh that is so lame, for me I don't see the point of a sarlaac pit without a sarlaac :p
 Gargoyle King
08-09-2007, 11:06 PM
Oh that is so lame, for me I don't see the point of a sarlaac pit without a sarlaac :pTrue, but without custom area configuring fully sorted out yet the Sarlacc may never be realised in the temple. MZ was just quoting on the fact that if this is the case, then alternatives would have to be used to mimic this in the best possible way; it's not that lame, what would be would be the pit just being there and nothing happening at all.
 Adelphus
08-09-2007, 11:12 PM
I agree completely, my ideal dream would be for a moving(ish) Sarlaac at the base of it.
I was just trying to be cute, but its a very valid alternative I'd say:)
 Gargoyle King
08-09-2007, 11:24 PM
I agree completely, my ideal dream would be for a moving(ish) Sarlaac at the base of it.
I was just trying to be cute, but its a very valid alternative I'd say:)I know you were being "cute", just trying to put a realistic look on what may be possible with the Sarlacc Pit. :thumbsup:

A moving Sarlacc would be cool, in any form, even if it was a remodelled Hutt or something (basically just a motionless blob, :lol: ) as it would be a downside better than nothing. With all these revelations recently surrounding walkmeshes i feel (more that i "hope" :) ) it will be possible maybe in the near future. Atleast the module was still in the game files in it's buggy state though as it could have been lost like the Sleheyron modules with BioWares uncanny cleaning methods.
 Adelphus
08-09-2007, 11:44 PM
Yea, with everything thats happened lately whos to say what is and isn't possible anymore?
 Gargoyle King
08-09-2007, 11:58 PM
Yea, with everything thats happened lately whos to say what is and isn't possible anymore?Hmmm.. this kind of reminds me when the lightsaber format was cracked (allowing you to render your own lightsaber models and use in-game). My Point? Even without official support from BioWare there is always going to be someone talented enough to crack a format deemed too complicated to crack. Its a good thing what with all these revelations recently surrounding the walkmeshes, it shows how far the community has come over the past 3 years or so (from slight tweaks to dialogue etc to near creation of new areas). The good thing about a community is that it's so vast and international that when a talented coder/modeller etc. decides to leave the scene there is always someone else to equal them. Mods are what keeps a game alive ( i would have sold K1 & TSL otherwise) and this breakthrough (it will come eventually) surrounding custom areas will definately spark more interest and breathe new life into the games.
 SykoRevan
08-10-2007, 4:19 AM
Reskinners:
3-4 spots availible

If you're still looking for re-skinners, I would like to hear more about what such a job entails.
 Quanon
08-10-2007, 10:55 AM
If you're still looking for re-skinners, I would like to hear more about what such a job entails.

About the WalkMesh : Do note that the KAurora is still an Alpha and I'v been playing around with it . Walkmeshes are a bit buggy and I still can't give a 100% if it's working like it should .

I can run around on it , but I tend to pop-up close to walls of other parts of the
area , Party-members are doing weird , dissapearing .

Getting stuck I get a lot to . There's still tons of work to do , before we will get something as good as Bioware's areas

Designing levels from scratch is a serious task and Kotor player like Quality .
But since the team has Magnulls helping them , I think where getting close to actual NEW areas for Kotor games.
 Pavlos
08-10-2007, 11:14 AM
Oh that is so lame, for me I don't see the point of a sarlaac pit without a sarlaac :p

If I may beg to differ? The idea of a hidden beast in the blackness of an abandoned temple which makes horrific noises, is far more psychologically thrilling than a beak with waving tentacles.

Anyway, good luck in this, guys.
 Miltiades
08-10-2007, 12:06 PM
If I may beg to differ? The idea of a hidden beast in the blackness of an abandoned temple which makes horrific noises, is far more psychologically thrilling than a beak with waving tentacles.

"Where there is no imagination there is no horror" Sir Arthur Conan Doyle once said. :)
 SithRevan
08-10-2007, 1:30 PM
Pretty much being able to skin things like levels, charcters, ect. The job is probably one of the more unsed positions in the project although that could change over time.;)
 SykoRevan
08-10-2007, 1:52 PM
Pretty much being able to skin things like levels, charcters, ect. The job is probably one of the more unsed positions in the project although that could change over time.;)

That sounds good, I'm especially skilled at skinning characters, so if you need my help, you got me.
 SithRevan
08-10-2007, 2:24 PM
That sounds good, I'm especially skilled at skinning characters, so if you need my help, you got me.
Awesome, send me a sample of what you can do and we'll go from there.;)
 SykoRevan
08-10-2007, 3:38 PM
Awesome, send me a sample of what you can do and we'll go from there.;)

Well, I don't know if these can count as samples, but I have made a few re-skinning mods, all of which re-skin characters to some degree or another. In one mod I released, called the K1 "Lots of Little Things Mod," I changed Komad Fortuna's skin from yellow to white, and I was able to change Malak's eyes from normal to Sith-y without any trouble like dilated pupils or anything like that. And I have also re-skinned Carth Onasi and Canderous to look like Chiss. All 3 of those mods are at Filefront, and the links are in my signature. If that's not enough, I could also whip something else up, although I'm not sure what's impressive enough :p
 SithRevan
08-10-2007, 5:41 PM
Well, I don't know if these can count as samples, but I have made a few re-skinning mods, all of which re-skin characters to some degree or another. In one mod I released, called the K1 "Lots of Little Things Mod," I changed Komad Fortuna's skin from yellow to white, and I was able to change Malak's eyes from normal to Sith-y without any trouble like dilated pupils or anything like that. And I have also re-skinned Carth Onasi and Canderous to look like Chiss. All 3 of those mods are at Filefront, and the links are in my signature. If that's not enough, I could also whip something else up, although I'm not sure what's impressive enough :p
Actually they'll do nicely, I would however, if you don't mind doing it, like a newer reskin so I can gadge your level of artistic quality and see how far you have progressed since you started. If you could do that and send a screeny to me that would be awesome.;)
 SykoRevan
08-10-2007, 6:58 PM
Actually they'll do nicely, I would however, if you don't mind doing it, like a newer reskin so I can gadge your level of artistic quality and see how far you have progressed since you started. If you could do that and send a screeny to me that would be awesome.;)

So, what would you suggest me to do a reskin of? Come on, challenge me :D
 Alexander the Great
08-10-2007, 7:02 PM
Do a reskin of every last texture in the game. Every single one, including the icons and such.
 southern_fox
08-10-2007, 7:06 PM
If I may, I'd like to ask/suggest a minor reskin of a Hutt.

Nothing radical, mind you. Just something so that different Hutts are slightly visually distinguished, just as they are currently.

The game already has multiple Hutt 'skin tones' to work off of: Orange, Yellowish, Smoky White, Brown, etc.

If possible, it would be nice to see a conceptual Hutt with a scar going down over his eye. Something I imagined, but it is just an concept/idea at the moment. Unless it is already in the game, but I don't recall it - I have not played the game from start to finish in a while. It figures into my Sleheyron drafts that SithRevan has seen.
 SithRevan
08-10-2007, 7:08 PM
So, what would you suggest me to do a reskin of? Come on, challenge me :D
Okay... I got a good one, do a DS reskin of Mission. Make sure though that the Lekku on her head look right and that she looks like she has a PC DS transition.;)

You told me to make it tough.:xp:
 SykoRevan
08-10-2007, 7:12 PM
Do a reskin of every last texture in the game. Every single one, including the icons and such.

That's a bit over-the-top, don't ya think?

If I may, I'd like to ask/suggest a minor reskin of a Hutt.

Nothing radical, mind you. Just something so that different Hutts are slightly visually distinguished, just as they are currently.

The game already has multiple Hutt 'skin tones' to work off of: Orange, Yellowish, Smoky White, Brown, etc.

If possible, it would be nice to see a conceptual Hutt with a scar going down over his eye. Something I imagined, but it is just an concept/idea at the moment.

That sounds like a Durga the Hutt re-skin. Hell, that's a good idea. If I remember the Hutt texture correctly, the 2 sides of the face are unique, unlike most of the head models in the game, so a scar going down one eye is very possible. If that's good enough for SithRevan, it's good enough for me.

EDIT:
Okay... I got a good one, do a DS reskin of Mission. Make sure though that the Lekku on her head look right and that she looks like she has a PC DS transition.

You told me to make it tough.

That seems like a good one too, SithRevan. Last I remember, someone else was doing one of those and had a problem with the lekku. I'll try to bypass that problem. Now, would you like the standard gray mottled look, or should we go for a Darth Talon-esque look?
 southern_fox
08-10-2007, 7:22 PM
While I'm writing, I'm trying to make the Huttese occupants of Sleheyron unique, and yet not go too far outside of the game's 'feel'. That is just one idea. Most Hutts will look exactly as they look throughout the rest of the game, but there are a few unique ones.

Suuda in particular is unique. He is older, very catty in demeanor, and the head of his large family. This is the general inspiration in what I visually see him as as I'm writing him:

http://index.echostation.com/zorba2.jpg)
 Gargoyle King
08-10-2007, 7:34 PM
While I'm writing, I'm trying to make the Huttese occupants of Sleheyron unique, and yet not go too far outside of the game's 'feel'. That is just one idea. Most Hutts will look exactly as they look throughout the rest of the game, but there are a few unique ones.

Suuda in particular is unique. He is older, very catty in demeanor, and the head of his large family. This is the general inspiration in what I visually see him as as I'm writing him:

http://index.echostation.com/zorba2.jpgWow), a Hutt with a beard, now that's something you don't see everyday! Would this be possible to model on a Hutt, if so then that would be awesome IMO!That's a bit over-the-top, don't ya think?:lol: I think it was a joke!
 SithRevan
08-10-2007, 7:39 PM

That sounds like a Durga the Hutt re-skin. Hell, that's a good idea. If I remember the Hutt texture correctly, the 2 sides of the face are unique, unlike most of the head models in the game, so a scar going down one eye is very possible. If that's good enough for SithRevan, it's good enough for me.

EDIT:

That seems like a good one too, SithRevan. Last I remember, someone else was doing one of those and had a problem with the lekku. I'll try to bypass that problem. Now, would you like the standard gray mottled look, or should we go for a Darth Talon-esque look?
Well the Darth Talon one has been done, I should remember I was the person who TSLPatched it.:D

So I think I want you to go with the standard grey mottled look. Try to make it look convincing though.;)
 Alexander the Great
08-10-2007, 7:48 PM

Perhaps. But if you can't do remedial tasks such as slaving over KotOR tool and Photoshop, working for weeks without sleeping or eating, filling in details for every texture in the game until you've gone blind from staring at your computer for so long and have gotten arthritis from all the clicking, then you might as well move back to South Korea.

But even if you don't, no harm done. You just don't deserve to live anywhere other than South Korea.

On a serious note, why don't you skin that one bald Asian PC guy to make him look like Darth Sion? Not sure how difficult it'd be... Playable Darth Sion, playing as two of Kreia's apprentices at once. Imagine that.
 Adelphus
08-11-2007, 12:07 AM

Anyway, good luck in this, guys.

Oh Pavlos you make a good point, they would both work. Since I've had time to read and think about it I have come round to your perspective somewhat. I still think it would need to be executed properly for the 'creep' factor to work though :)
 southern_fox
08-11-2007, 12:11 AM
Just to give a view to others interested in the project where I'm going with Sleheyron, I'll post a brief planetary description. It is done in the 'brief' synoptic style of Bioware's descriptions. There is far more done as far as writing, and only SithRevan has seen parts of it. Everything is to remain quite secret about it.

I'm very satisfied however with several written ideas that I am currently developing/pursuing, and I should let it be known that I'm not easy to please. Sleheyron must feel 'natural' to the game, as if it was there all along. It will remain in the concept stage until lightmaps are resolved. Practical matters need to be resolved first before we get ahead of ourselves.

The visual images are the original Bioware ones, and serve as a visual aid to get the description and inspiration across.

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/654/sleheyconceptartmm4.th.jpg) (http://img517.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sleheyconceptartmm4.jpg)

http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/7818/slehey1brightenedde8.th.jpg) (http://img126.imageshack.us/my.php?image=slehey1brightenedde8.jpg)

http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/5066/slehey2brightenedue0.th.jpg) (http://img521.imageshack.us/my.php?image=slehey2brightenedue0.jpg)

Sleheyron:

Sleheyron is a drab, brown, and sickly orange world well within the confines of Hutt Space. This world is ruled by a complicated arrangement of Huttese administrators and entrepreneurs, as well as petty cartels – all of which have bitter rivalries and divided interests. Each of these overlords is locked in a never-ending series of plots against each other to consolidate and expand their empires.

Sleheyron City – the capital – is emblematic of the rest of settlement on the planet, with layer upon layer of fuel refineries, landing pads, industrial complexes, freight depots, and construction yards. Streets are made of bare stone, and poorly maintained. The few lukewarmly pleasant parts of this planet are the personal homes of the Hutt lords, and even there, an overwhelming air of cruelty and strife exists. Sleheyron is only notable as a major fuel-exporting world, which serves the interests and fortunes of Huttese tycoons abroad.

Beneath the Hutts and their most trusted employees and aides, however, are the downtrodden slaves. Born with little hope of escape – most are condemned either to a short and painful life as a laborer, or a life of perpetual degradation and submission as entertainers, dancers, and courtesans for the few who are wealthy and powerful.

Underneath the cityscape – and under the layers of superstructure that support it – is a rocky subterranean world that is far more environmentally volatile. Volcanic rivers beneath the surface are harnessed to generate the gases and minerals that are so profitable for the world’s business. Here, in these caves, there are strange stories of odd artifacts found in the mining, although the Hutts have taken little interest in these stories until recently.

http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/5857/slehey3brightenedlu4.th.jpg) (http://img63.imageshack.us/my.php?image=slehey3brightenedlu4.jpg)

http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/1525/slehey4brightenednd7.th.jpg) (http://img505.imageshack.us/my.php?image=slehey4brightenednd7.jpg)

http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/6230/slehey5brighteneduu9.th.jpg) (http://img264.imageshack.us/my.php?image=slehey5brighteneduu9.jpg)
 LORD SPARTAN
08-11-2007, 2:26 AM
Wow never saw those before, now I know why people want it so much, Sleheyron City is cool.
 MacTavish
08-11-2007, 3:17 PM
Yeah, I'm glad you guys are bringing Sleheyron back.
 SykoRevan
08-12-2007, 3:19 AM
Unfortunately I must retract my application to become a reskinner for K1RP, as events in my life have arisen that means I very highly doubt I could devote much, if any, time to K1RP in the near future. Sorry SithRevan, but thanks for giving me a chance. I would have liked to be a part of it, but alas, "real" life gets in the way :xp:

Good luck to you guys :)
Page: 2 of 5