Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

[TSL] Imperial Knight

Page: 1 of 2
 Prime
11-06-2006, 11:51 PM
I've been reading Dark Horse's Legacy comic series and I decided to do a little mod based on the Imperial Knights:

http://www.rebelscum.com/comics/swLegacy6.jpg)

I've started creating the armour based on the Zeison Sha Initiate Armour. I'm thinking of also creating a lightsaber and a few equipment items as well.

I'll get some screens up when I have something that doesn't look like a total mess. :)
 Emperor Devon
11-07-2006, 12:01 AM
Intriguing idea. What other equipment were you thinking of? :)
 maverick187
11-07-2006, 1:13 AM
I feel like doing a dance, but since my experiences from junior high all the way to senior prom have proven I have the inept ability to be an appalling dancer, I'll let my pink friends do the dancing for me... :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant:
 SithRevan
11-07-2006, 3:19 AM
Oh Man I hope you do that armor, I would love to see something like that in kotor 1 or 2!:thumbsup:

@Maverick: Nice dance moves let me try....here :rddance: :D
 Darth InSidious
11-07-2006, 7:33 AM
Sounds very interesting :)
 Prime
11-07-2006, 12:28 PM
Intriguing idea. What other equipment were you thinking of? :)A lightsaber, and maybe some gauntlets or belts or things of that sort that try and capture the spirit of the organization...
11-07-2006, 3:52 PM
are those guys bad guys? i guess they are if they're imps, but still, they don't look evil...
 Darth InSidious
11-07-2006, 4:40 PM
@Prime: re: Belts: Force resist bonuses, maybe? Especially shielding against electrical damage?
 Darth Trylan
11-07-2006, 4:53 PM
it sounds really good, i cant wait to see the fianl product....
11-07-2006, 5:10 PM
a suggestion: if you are making these, its a good idea to have colour choices, cause some people (like me) enjoy options. (Eg. say you include silver, grey, black and the original red in a nice package):thumbsup:
 Emperor Devon
11-07-2006, 9:28 PM
are those guys bad guys? i guess they are if they're imps, but still, they don't look evil...

They're not really good or evil. The Empire they serve is very different from Palpatine's.

@Prime, having gauntlets sounds like a good idea.
 Master Kavar
11-07-2006, 10:22 PM
It sounds like a great idea; I don't know if the armored-robes model is the best choice, but you have to work with what you have. I'm curious how you plan on re-creating the leather pad material texture, since I've been trying to do the same thing for awhile now with almost no luck.
 Prime
11-07-2006, 11:11 PM
are those guys bad guys? i guess they are if they're imps, but still, they don't look evil...Not bad guys (so far). They are Jedi who do not follow the will of the Force, etc. They are completely dedicated to the emperor of the time. Basically, they are Jedi stormtroopers.

@Prime: re: Belts: Force resist bonuses, maybe? Especially shielding against electrical damage?Not sure yet. I plan on going through the available item properties and see what most closely captures their concept in the source material (limited as it is).

a suggestion: if you are making these, its a good idea to have colour choices, cause some people (like me) enjoy options. (Eg. say you include silver, grey, black and the original red in a nice package)We'll see. :) I tend to focus on trying to be as close to the source material as possible in my mods. And the Imperial Knights all wear identical red armour.

That being said, I'm a bit torn to over how to do other aspects of the colour scheme. From the comics and images I have, it seems that under the armour there is black clothing with a dark brown cape and belt. However, I think a fully black scheme looks much better.

It sounds like a great idea; I don't know if the armored-robes model is the best choice, but you have to work with what you have. I'm curious how you plan on re-creating the leather pad material texture, since I've been trying to do the same thing for awhile now with almost no luck.Yeah, basically I found it the best of a bad lot. I looked at several different models, and felt that this one was the closest I was going to get. That's why I originally used the phrase "based on". :D

Anyway, here is a screen of a first pass. As you can see, lots left to do and clean up...

http://warpedproductions.echonetwork.net/screenshots/ik1.jpg)
 SithRevan
11-07-2006, 11:46 PM
It looks awesome prime, but I would see if you could attach darth revans cape or maybe even model a new cape for it so it really has an accurate portrail of the actual armor that you are trying to make. But anyway you have done an awesome job on it so far. I wish you the best of luck on making the rest of the armor!:thumbsup:
 Prime
11-10-2006, 10:11 AM
but I would see if you could attach darth revans cape or maybe even model a new cape for it so it really has an accurate portrail of the actual armor that you are trying to make. I don't know how possible that is, and I certainly don't know how to do it (haven't really gotten into the modelling side). If someone wants to take on that challenge, by all means. Otherwise, you are stuck with a less than perfect model. :p
 SithRevan
11-10-2006, 11:24 AM
I don't know how possible that is, and I certainly don't know how to do it (haven't really gotten into the modelling side). If someone wants to take on that challenge, by all means. Otherwise, you are stuck with a less than perfect model.

I would usually take the challenge of doing that because I like to be challenged, but this time I might have to decline because making the cape would be hard and definatly time consuming not only that I have a million and one mods that I am doing. So if I do have some time later on down the road I would do this but for now I can't and besides prime you already did a totally awesome job with the retexturing you did and I am sure that all of the other items included in this is mod are just as amazing as the armor. So good luck with the rest of the armor and items and hopefully if I ever get any time I will or somebody else will be able to make a cool looking cape for it.:thumbsup:
 Darth InSidious
11-10-2006, 12:15 PM
I think it might involve destroying animations...
 ChAiNz.2da
11-10-2006, 1:05 PM
No matter what path you take Prime, I'm quite positive it will result in nothing short of "Pure Awesome" ;)

I've seen your work, I'm a fan of your work.. and your mods are a staple in my gameplays :D
 SithRevan
11-10-2006, 1:45 PM
I agree with Chainz your mods are awesome and with or without the cape I am sure that it will still be totally awesome.
 Darth InSidious
11-10-2006, 2:51 PM
No matter what path you take Prime, I'm quite positive it will result in nothing short of "Pure Awesome" ;)

I've seen your work, I'm a fan of your work.. and your mods are a staple in my gameplays :D

QFT.

Question: Could a cloak be attached using the link/unlink tool?
 Anakin Skywalker
11-10-2006, 2:59 PM
That's an awsome lookin armor. :rddance:
11-10-2006, 5:03 PM
That being said, I'm a bit torn to over how to do other aspects of the colour scheme. From the comics and images I have, it seems that under the armour there is black clothing with a dark brown cape and belt. However, I think a fully black scheme looks much better.

Yeah, basically I found it the best of a bad lot. I looked at several different models, and felt that this one was the closest I was going to get. That's why I originally used the phrase "based on". :D

Anyway, here is a screen of a first pass. As you can see, lots left to do and clean up...

http://warpedproductions.echonetwork.net/screenshots/ik1.jpg)

I agree that all black, or some dark burgundy for that matter, would look way better than brown.:thumbsup:
 Prime
11-11-2006, 10:38 PM
Yeah, I may end up doing one of both. We'll see. Here is a newer screenie...

http://warpedproductions.echonetwork.net/screenshots/ik2.jpg)
 maverick187
11-12-2006, 3:37 AM
Yeah, I may end up doing one of both. We'll see. Here is a newer screenie...

*snip the pic for space*

Thats some Prime looking stuff, I see you're still in your Prime, Prime

all puns intended:D
 Darth Trylan
11-12-2006, 4:25 AM
new version looks really good!!!
-dt-
 РeceptiKain
11-12-2006, 5:08 AM
I like it, but I think it would look better on heavy armor Imo.
 Darth InSidious
11-12-2006, 10:54 AM
Very, very cool!
 Ghost Down
11-12-2006, 11:15 AM
Looking awsome Prime! :thumbsup:

Btw. Could u perhaps also release the head?

- Ghost Down
 Darth Malefice
11-12-2006, 11:26 AM
This looks great! Can't wait to see more screenshots!
 Darth Moeller
11-12-2006, 9:53 PM
Looking good Prime, excellent work as always :)
 Xarwarz
11-13-2006, 12:18 AM
Nice armor looks tight man
 draconus333
11-13-2006, 2:49 PM
if you have some time, there are ways to raise the cape up/ extend it, although that could take a while. ive seen it done, but i dont know how to do it myself yet...
 Prime
11-13-2006, 3:35 PM
Thanks for the nice comments everyone. :) My monitor at home is a bit fugged in the brightness department, so the screenshots are a little off. IMO it looks better ingame...

I like it, but I think it would look better on heavy armor Imo.But it doesn't have the cape, so I felt this model was the best compromise.

Btw. Could u perhaps also release the head?It uses someone elses model that removes the goatee part on his chin, so I would have to dig out who did it and ask for permission to release that as well as my skin. Or if anyone knows offhand who did it...

if you have some time, there are ways to raise the cape up/ extend it, although that could take a while. ive seen it done, but i dont know how to do it myself yet...I don't know how to do it either, and I currently don't have modeling software on my machine. :) But I'm open to anyone else that wants to take a stab at it...
 lord ignarn
11-14-2006, 9:02 AM
I actually like it a lot, yes. It looks fine for some darkside oriented character. Keep going with it!!!
 Ghost Down
11-14-2006, 10:21 AM
I believe that the head model was edited by Maverick. :)

- Ghost Down
 maverick187
11-14-2006, 3:01 PM
It uses someone elses model that removes the goatee part on his chin, so I would have to dig out who did it and ask for permission to release that as well as my skin. Or if anyone knows offhand who did it...I think the head you are using is the one with the model that I removed the "billy-goat chin" from, and as far as I'm concerned you can do anything you want with it Prime, re-release with your skin, whatever you wish... but only cause I like you :p
 kampher
11-14-2006, 3:11 PM
That looks great prime. All it really need's is the cape to be complete. It's a shame we can't add in the nice shoulder pauldrons as well.
 draconus333
11-14-2006, 3:17 PM
I don't know how to do it either, and I currently don't have modeling software on my machine. :) But I'm open to anyone else that wants to take a stab at it...

I just asked my friend how to, and he showed me how, so if you ever release this, I could probably do it... no guarantees tho
 Darth InSidious
11-14-2006, 4:09 PM
@Prime: The Sith Lord model in-game has a longer butt-cape :xp: :

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a362/jimspriggs33/asdejs.jpg)
11-14-2006, 6:03 PM
I think DarthInSidious is right: the Sith Lord model has a longer cape, and in my opinion would look much better for what you are doing.:thumbsup:
 darthcarth
11-14-2006, 6:31 PM
IT would look cool but those sith lord body models just look a bit to thin.
 Lucied
11-14-2006, 9:07 PM
i agree the sith lord models are waaaay to thin i mean none of them look right with the heads in my opinion unless somehow you can bulk up the model
 Prime
11-14-2006, 11:06 PM
Yeah, I had looked at that model and felt it was too "frail". Considering how far along I am with the current model, I don't really feel like starting over anyway. :p So you guys are stuck with this...
 Darth InSidious
11-15-2006, 7:12 AM
Fair enough :)
 Prime
11-19-2006, 4:30 PM
Just a few tweeks left for the armour. I'll get some screenshots up soon. First question: since the model deviates somewhat from what these knights wear already, should I make the pants "darth vader pants" like the arms, or leave it as is? I'm waffling. On one hand, I do like to stay as close to the canon item as possible, but on the other I think vader pants would look better.

Thinking about the lightsaber, I'm wondering if there is a model out there that closely resembles their sabers...

http://starwars.wikia.com/images/thumb/f/fb/Imperial_Knight_lightsaber.jpg/250px-Imperial_Knight_lightsaber.jpg)

If not, I'll just reskin the default model. I'm also wondering about the opinion of people in regards to the saber. Imperial Knights all use identical unmodified lightsabers. I had thought of removing the upgradable property and just making a powerful saber. Would this be too much of an annoyance to players? Or should I do something like an "Imperial Knight Lightsaber Crystal."
 Master Zionosis
11-19-2006, 4:52 PM
I think it will definetly be anoying to the players, i personly love to upgrade sabers, but i like the "Imperial Knight Lightsaber Crystal" idea.
 FunSolo
11-20-2006, 12:42 AM
just my 2 cents thrown in here;
bout the panties.. what bout a compromise? some black/brownish thingy, somwhere midway between these two options and just call them "new" like they just left the factory? :D

and for the lightsaber...
i like the idea with the crystal too, but hmmm... a new hilt would be cool as well, since it would look better then just a white crystal in a standard saber hilt... plus we all know ur detailed-perfectionsts work already done, so.... guess around what id like to see, haha ;) :D
 maverick187
11-20-2006, 3:57 AM
As I have little to no intelligence on the matter of pants and how they should or should not look, I'll offer my opinion solely on the saber. According to the picture of the saber you've shown, I'm not readily familiar with a model already made that resembles it, but at the same time it appears to be the most basic of models. In my humble opinion I think that a modeler would not require much experience to be able to model that saber. I would offer to do it for you Prime, but simple fact of the matter is that at the moment I have very little free time. That being said, I'm sure someone out there could whip it out in a couple hours tops, and if not I think you should take a shot at it ;)
 maul 2112
11-20-2006, 12:12 PM
that picture resembles qui-gon's saber i have seen a saber hilt mod out there somewhere for his, it was in filefront...i think...
 Prime
11-21-2006, 9:58 PM
The armour skin is pretty much finished, although I always end up tweeking more at the end. :) I am going to include the more "correct" brown version as well as a more asthetically pleasing (IMO) black version. Hopefully you can see the difference between these...

Black Imperial Knight Robes

http://warpedproductions.echonetwork.net/screens/ik_bl1.jpg)

http://warpedproductions.echonetwork.net/screens/ik_bl2.jpg) http://warpedproductions.echonetwork.net/screens/ik_bl3.jpg)

Brown Imperial Knight Robes

http://warpedproductions.echonetwork.net/screens/ik_br1.jpg)

http://warpedproductions.echonetwork.net/screens/ik_br2.jpg)

As someone asked for earlier, I'm thinking of adding some armour plating colour variants as well, which is easy enough to do. But I'll probably put in the description that these are frowned upon by the knights. :p

Thoughts or comments on these?

Also, IIRC once upon a time there was a mod that took the default lightsaber model and removed the reflection. Does anyone know if that is still floating around? Was this only in KOTOR?
Page: 1 of 2