Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

[TSL] Imperial Knight

Page: 2 of 2
 maverick187
11-21-2006, 11:37 PM
Also, IIRC once upon a time there was a mod that took the default lightsaber model and removed the reflection. Does anyone know if that is still floating around? Was this only in KOTOR?I think they are looking sweet Prime, I'd definitely download them if I still played the game, and I agree the black does look better. As far as removing the reflection, what do you mean? Like a simple .txi edit to remove the shader on the hilt or something else?
 Darth Malefice
11-21-2006, 11:38 PM
Looking good Prime, can't wait to try them!
 rictus135
11-23-2006, 9:03 AM
You know Prime, i am no expert skinner, but i think the armor may look a little better if you use a very dark red instead of black for some of the narrower grooves. This would make them look a little more shallow.

Theoretically anyway.
 Prime
11-23-2006, 10:39 AM
As far as removing the reflection, what do you mean? Like a simple .txi edit to remove the shader on the hilt or something else?Yeah, something like that. I can do it, but I thought it was done by someone already, and it would just save me time. :) As it stands now, I'm not sure if I'll do a custom hilt or just have a specialized crystal...

Looking good Prime, can't wait to try them! Thanks. :)

You know Prime, i am no expert skinner, but i think the armor may look a little better if you use a very dark red instead of black for some of the narrower grooves. This would make them look a little more shallow.I had tried something like that originally, but the lines looked "washed out". But I may give it another try to see if I can do a better job...

I've started working on a belt and gauntlet items...
 maverick187
11-24-2006, 3:08 AM
Yeah, something like that. I can do it, but I thought it was done by someone already, and it would just save me time. :) As it stands now, I'm not sure if I'll do a custom hilt or just have a specialized crystal...Technically it would take you no time at all, you just wouldn't create a .txi file for your saber at all, so no time spent :), I was thinking about making you a saber model, since I had some time over the Turkey Break, but my laptop is done for, I need to either repair windows or reformat, so I can't do anything atm, sorry.
 Prime
11-24-2006, 1:45 PM
No worries. :)

I figured it would be something like that, but wouldn't the lack of a txi mean that the model would be partially transparent?
 maverick187
11-24-2006, 3:15 PM
No worries. :)

I figured it would be something like that, but wouldn't the lack of a txi mean that the model would be partially transparent?Possibly, to be quite honest, I haven't tried in a while, but if so, you'd just need to create a blank .txi I believe, not quite sure how it works anymore, either that or you have a normal .txi with shader and everything, but just make sure you don't have any alpha channel in your texture, that should work as well.
 oldflash
11-25-2006, 3:05 AM
Blank txi will give transparency to alpha channel. Removing or editing alpha cannel seems to be the safe way.
 Prime
11-27-2006, 4:03 PM
Coolio. :)
 Prime
12-01-2006, 10:53 AM
Quick update...

Added a belt and gauntlets, finished the icons and so on. Still need to do the saber crystal...

Does anyone remember of the top of their head if you can assign feats that are "NPC specific" like Atton's or something to the PC and have them work? Don't think I've ever tried...
 stoffe
12-01-2006, 11:16 AM
Does anyone remember of the top of their head if you can assign feats that are "NPC specific" like Atton's or something to the PC and have them work? Don't think I've ever tried...

Depends which feat you mean. If I remember correctly Atton's "won't stay dead" feats are just dummy feats, which his AI script checks if they are present and if so takes appropriate action.

If you modify the AI to do this check for all characters they work to assign to the player character as well. Unless I remember incorrectly I believe I tested that some time ago and it worked.

Also keep in mind that some feats won't work if you assign them as bonus feat item properties, they only work if actually granted to the character, for some reason. Most do work as properties though, so it requires some testing in each case to see if they work. :)
 Prime
12-03-2006, 11:45 PM
Thanks for the tips stoffe. :)
 Prime
12-06-2006, 10:09 AM
Update: Saber almost done, just about everything else done. Should be released soon...
 TheNeutrachrist
12-13-2006, 2:56 AM
Great work Prime, I am giddy with anticipation, the whole Imperial Knights thing is what made me pick up this whole Legacy thing.
 Prime
12-13-2006, 11:02 AM
Thanks. :)

The latest on this thing is that the items are finished, and now I am just working on the readme and figuring out the best way/place to get them into the game. Currently they are only available through cheats.

Also, a while ago someone mentioned different colour armours. I've decided against that for the mod itself, which will only include the "canon" brown version and the "cooler" black version. I'm doing this because I think other colours would be out of place.

However, for a limited time I may be willing to do a couple custom jobs and make them available. We'll figure something out when the mod is released.

Won't be long now, if life cooperates...
 Darth Reign
12-13-2006, 3:41 PM
Thanks. :)

The latest on this thing is that the items are finished, and now I am just working on the readme and figuring out the best way/place to get them into the game. Currently they are only available through cheats.

Also, a while ago someone mentioned different colour armours. I've decided against that for the mod itself, which will only include the "canon" brown version and the "cooler" black version. I'm doing this because I think other colours would be out of place.

However, for a limited time I may be willing to do a couple custom jobs and make them available. We'll figure something out when the mod is released.

Won't be long now, if life cooperates...
Incredible Man! Imperial Royal Guards were considered elite Force users, and they were trained to protect the Emporer. Only the best were chossen to become Imperial Knights. There are so many small stories about the faction. Luke Skywalker in --Shadows of the Empire-- wore one of their armours.

Salavating.....
 TheNeutrachrist
12-13-2006, 4:00 PM
Oooh, quick thought, what about a helmet that resembles the old Imperial Guard helms, Kir Kanos ala Crimson Empire comes to mind. And even thought you sorta threw the idea out the only color variant I would like to see is a red black similar to Carnor Jax from the same series.
 Prime
12-14-2006, 10:50 AM
Incredible Man! Imperial Royal Guards were considered elite Force users, and they were trained to protect the Emporer. Only the best were chossen to become Imperial Knights. There are so many small stories about the faction. Luke Skywalker in --Shadows of the Empire-- wore one of their armours.

Salavating.....For the record, Royal Guards != Imperial Knights. :)

Oooh, quick thought, what about a helmet that resembles the old Imperial Guard helms, Kir Kanos ala Crimson Empire comes to mind. But what helmet model would match?

And even thought you sorta threw the idea out the only color variant I would like to see is a red black similar to Carnor Jax from the same series.I might be able to do something like that as a custom job...
 Arбtoeldar
12-14-2006, 3:02 PM
Sweet looking mod Prime.
 TheNeutrachrist
12-14-2006, 7:42 PM
But what helmet model would match?

Well isn't there a Clone Trooper Helm Mod? I figure something close to that. The elongated look may not be achievable but something close I think would work.
 Prime
12-19-2006, 9:36 PM
Barring some funny business, I hope to have this released Wednesday.

Famous last words...

Well isn't there a Clone Trooper Helm Mod?Yeah, it's mine. :)

I figure something close to that.The problem I have had with those helmets is that you have to make them large in order to fit over all the PC and NPC heads. In the clone trooper case, it looks too large IMO on anything but heavy armour (and even then).
 TheNeutrachrist
12-19-2006, 11:56 PM
Makes sense my only other suggestion would be Mandalorian helmets., but same issue i'm sure.
 Darkkender
12-20-2006, 3:42 PM
You know the Clone trooper helmets are Mandalorian helmets of a sort.
 TheNeutrachrist
12-21-2006, 1:09 AM
huh, never really took a good look at those helms, makes sense.
 Prime
12-21-2006, 8:15 PM
This mod is finally up on my site. For more info head over here. (http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?p=2232604)
Page: 2 of 2