Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

New IGN FoC videos

Page: 1 of 1
 Darth Ablett
09-26-2006, 11:29 PM
There are a bunch of new videos up at IGN; not much is new but it's good to see anyway. There is a small accompanying article telling us stuff we already know, but probably worth reading anyway.

Any news is good news, right? (maybe with the exception of a playable all-gungan faction being released)

Article: http://pc.ign.com/articles/735/735573p1.html)

Videos: http://media.pc.ign.com/media/827/827314/vids_1.html)

EDIT: Camera looks a lot better, views of the Death Star I wreckage, and Skiprays - that's all in 1 movie! :cowdance

Also, possibly some story spoilers.

EDIT II: Breakdown of FoC units up at IGN! http://pc.ign.com/articles/735/735692p1.html)

New pics also, including everyone's new favourite land unit - the Ewok Handler!

There is also an interview with Tyber Zann (yes, I'm being serious) at http://pc.ign.com/articles/735/735684p1.html)
 Valter
09-27-2006, 12:32 AM
Good work Ablett. I'm not a big fan of IGN but I'm impressed with the videos they have produced.
 Darth Ablett
09-27-2006, 3:01 AM
Good work Ablett. I'm not a big fan of IGN but I'm impressed with the videos they have produced.

Thanks! I personally don't mind IGN, I reckon some of them give good reviews, and they're good for consoles.

Anyway, Petro's site has been updated recently - not sure if this is common knowledge - with concept art of the Kedalbe-Class battleship, and Urai Fen.

http://www.petroglyphgames.com/games/starwars_foc.php)

Does anyone else think Urai looks a little silly? A bird with butcher-blades? :snear:
 Crezzer Fett
09-27-2006, 5:56 AM
Looks good. Yeah the camera in battles does look alot better...doesn't seem to dissapear from the action
 HerbieZ
09-27-2006, 6:45 AM
I like that urai, looks liek a good wookiee shaver!
 wedge2211
09-27-2006, 8:15 AM
Looks good. Yeah the camera in battles does look alot better...doesn't seem to dissapear from the action
And it seems to pan and zoom much more smoothly.

Does anyone else think Urai looks a little silly? A bird with butcher-blades? :snear:
He looks like a vicious version of Sam Eagle to me! I think he looks great. There aren't enough avian races in Star Wars.
 Darth Ablett
09-27-2006, 10:04 AM
He looks like a vicious version of Sam Eagle to me! I think he looks great. There aren't enough avian races in Star Wars.

It's not really his race that bugs me; I think that's pretty cool. It's his oversized blades that I think look a bit outrageous.
I dunno, just doesn't seem very Star Wars to me.
 Valter
09-27-2006, 1:16 PM
Actually vibro blades are a big part of Star Wars. Who says Vibro Blades can't be oversized?

By the way Great find Ablett, you're on a role this week. LOL
 jedi jim 1989
09-27-2006, 3:52 PM
thanks for the link. the vids were a bit short but they were cool. the only thing i dont like is that the underworld does seem a bit over powered, but i suppose thhats for the vids, and balancing is still going on
 Darth Anarch
09-27-2006, 5:41 PM
Excellent find there, Darth Ablett. Some very interesting in-game footage.
 Darth Ablett
09-27-2006, 9:51 PM
Excellent find there, Darth Ablett. Some very interesting in-game footage.

Thanks! Yeah, as I said in the first post IGN have updated their site with a breakdown of some of the Underworld (Zann Consortium, whatever) land units, including Vornskrs, the stealth transport and the Ewok Handler!
Check out the pictures as well.

They will do an article on the new space units as well, sometime soon. :)
 Darth Anarch
09-28-2006, 7:03 AM
"Ewok Handler"... When I first saw that unit I thought it was a joke, but to think that they actually implemented it? Great stuff!
 gswift
09-28-2006, 3:36 PM
Wow, the unit breakdown and the interview with Delphi are really cool. I was thinking that the number of new features in FoC made it worthy of being called a sequel rather than an expansion, based on the information released more than a month ago. Since then they've release even more surprising new info. They could have easilly called this a sequel and charged full price.
 Crezzer Fett
09-28-2006, 4:56 PM
Yeah they have added 4 articles on the 27th which are great
 Valter
09-28-2006, 5:43 PM
They could have easilly called this a sequel and charged full price.

Don't give them any ideas. LOL
 ImpElite
09-28-2006, 11:07 PM
Don't give them any ideas. LOL

rofl good one. :^:
 Delphi-PG
09-29-2006, 12:44 AM
Urai is neither a bird or connected to any avian races. I will say he is from one of the few long lived races in the galaxy (that doesn't go insane). In addition, his race is connected to the force, but they can never be Jedi or Sith.

Torpid can go into the finer details as he wrote the back story for Urai.
 Darth Ablett
09-29-2006, 1:13 AM
Urai is neither a bird or connected to any avian races. I will say he is from one of the few long lived races in the galaxy (that doesn't go insane). In addition, his race is connected to the force, but they can never be Jedi or Sith.

Torpid can go into the finer details as he wrote the back story for Urai.

Whoa, hold on a second. Urai is not avian, even though that Kevin dude (concept-art man) said he was a cross between an eagle and a turtle? Add to that the fact he looks more than a bit like an Australian children's football mascot: http://www.aflmascotmanor.com.au/images/profile/club_images/eagle.gif)

Sounds like he has an interesting backstory though, which is good to hear. :)
 Darth Anarch
09-29-2006, 6:28 AM
The "cross between an eagle and a turtle" remark probably reflected more on his appearance than his actual biology. I'm trying to think of long-lived races, but none spring to mind that'll fit. He sure isn't related to Yoda, and he's much too small for a Duinougwuin. :giggle1:
 Darth_Torpid-PG
09-29-2006, 1:09 PM
We're talking "long-lived" similar to the Gen'Dai. Urai's been around for a long, long time. Urai is mostly reptilian, but there are some avian aspects. Reptiles and birds are pretty similar evolution-wise anyway :)
 Darth Anarch
09-29-2006, 2:27 PM
Sounds interesting. Is his species a part of some plot point, or is this just background flavour?
 Darth_Torpid-PG
09-29-2006, 4:48 PM
Just background. When new characters are submitted to Lucas, they like to have an initial background created so that if someone else wants to use the character later they have a starting point. Urai mentions a few tidbits of his past in the story campaign, but in general it only comes up if it is important to the story at hand.
Page: 1 of 1