Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

DROIDEKAS & DEFILERS Located at Petroglyph

Page: 1 of 1
 SAGEKING-PG
09-11-2006, 6:26 PM
DROIDEKAS & DEFILERS SPOTTED RAIDING EMPIRE OUTPOSTS

Mutiple Empire Outposts across the Outer Rims are reporting raids by elite commando units supported by outlawed Droideka technology. Our holoprojector is giving us a live feed of these events, along with concept art of these units.

http://www.petroglyphgames.com/games/starwars_foc.php) :vsd:

Feel free to leave your thoughts :)
 Commander Obi-Wan
09-11-2006, 6:33 PM
Wow. That's pretty sweet.

The expansion seems to be getting better. And the PS3.....well, quite the opposite.

I'll be buying the expansion.
 gswift
09-11-2006, 6:42 PM
Lol. From the palm trees and rolling terrain, it looks like they're invading the Palm Beach Golf and Tennis Resort. That's a good place to start ridding the galaxy of lawyers and politicians, the true power behind the dark side.

Nice artwork.
 Darth Anarch
09-11-2006, 6:43 PM
Sweet is indeed the word! The Defilers look downright mean, and the Droidekas... well, an unstoppable killing machine is an unstoppable killing machine.
 Valter
09-11-2006, 8:15 PM
Very cool, with each update the expansion looks even better than before. :)
 ImpElite
09-12-2006, 8:39 AM
Agreed, but in the movies droidekas were about as big as the average human, how come they're so big???
 Darth Anarch
09-12-2006, 12:39 PM
If you look closely at the "technical spreadsheet" they posted it say "Droideka Mark II" or something similar. That would also explain why they don't look like the ones in the movies.
 PoiuyWired
09-12-2006, 4:20 PM
Now what is a Defiler eactly, looks tough and dangerous.

The Droideka MK II looks nice. I with the "tail" would be a bit more "movable" though. I love the way they show how machines evolve over time. (SWG have working old MK Is running around)
 wedge2211
09-12-2006, 5:53 PM
I think the Defilers are the Zann Consortium's main instruments for spreading corruption and sabotaging enemy operations. I have no idea what function they have on the battlefield, however!

I, personally, really like the design of the Defiler units, the helmets in particular. They really draw on known Star Wars design influences (like Darth Vader's helmet) but retain their own air of sinister visciousness without looking too Imperial.
 Valter
09-12-2006, 6:08 PM
If you look closely at the "technical spreadsheet" they posted it say "Droideka Mark II" or something similar. That would also explain why they don't look like the ones in the movies.

It makes sense that the Zann Consortium would modify these already imposing units into even more dangerous prototypes and models.
 Darth Anarch
09-13-2006, 9:39 AM
So it does, especially when you take into consideration that 20 years or so has gone by since the prequel movies. Technology is bound to have advanced some in that time.
Page: 1 of 1