Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

What galaxy size/type do people prefer?

Page: 1 of 1
 Iamme
02-03-2006, 10:31 PM
Curious on this for a mod I may or may not release.
 Darth_Extas
02-03-2006, 10:43 PM
I prefer medium just as you do it looks like lamme,
the size allows for a greater variety yet you have a large amount of tactics in the conquest.
 quickymart
02-03-2006, 11:15 PM
the large galaxy isnt that fun, but the medium is perfect i think...
 Slocket
02-04-2006, 12:01 AM
It is tough to play a large universe without a savegame button! Alot of time.
 Jan Gaarni
02-04-2006, 4:16 AM
I a large galaxy.

The larger, the better. :)

Well, not too sure how that would work with this game though, but generally, the grander, the better.
 darth_vadar_13
02-04-2006, 4:21 AM
well large is fine in all, but as u cant save it, its almost impossile to conqour the entire galaxy. Thts y i think small galaxys are good for the demo
 Baklava
02-04-2006, 11:54 AM
I prefer small because I suck at managing too many things at once. But when the real thing comes out I might maintain a large galaxy game.
 baraghIV
02-04-2006, 1:25 PM
I voted small and open, for purposes of the demo, anyway. as mentioned by others, it sucks to try and play a large game without a save and plenty of opportunity for crashes. besides, all the battle maps are the same, so there isn't much variety to a large map anyway.
 Iamme
02-04-2006, 1:30 PM
I voted small and open, for purposes of the demo, anyway. as mentioned by others, it sucks to try and play a large game without a save and plenty of opportunity for crashes. besides, all the battle maps are the same, so there isn't much variety to a large map anyway.
Agreed. My current demo has the full 43 planets + a few of my own creation and the only realistic way to play a game lasting under 5 hours is to jump at and surround the enemy when the game first starts, and there's no fun to that when the enemy decides to just build up where they are :/

EDIT: And don't get me started on containing the pirates, hah!
 Three60
02-04-2006, 1:52 PM
I like the large since it feels more like the real Star Wars universe.
 aggie_john
02-04-2006, 5:06 PM
I would love a large map but without save....I can wait till the game is released. Not to mention all the ground combat is the same map.
Page: 1 of 1