Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Which Jedi Masters Do You Want To Return As Force Ghosts?

Page: 1 of 2
 Diego Varen
02-02-2006, 1:50 PM
In this thread, you can send in your views on which Jedi Masters you want to return as Force Ghosts in the next KOTOR. Even if Jedi like Jolee or Juhani aren't on the poll, you can still send a reply and say if you want them. You can also say which Sith Lords (Optional) you might want to return as Force Ghosts.

Personally, I would like Lonna Vash to return as a Force Ghost, because she was hardly seen in TSL. I never knew what Lightsaber she had, etc. Not that some people would care... I would also like to see Zez-Kai Ell, Kavar and Vandar as Force Ghosts.

As for Sith, I don't think we will be seeing Sion, Nihilus or Traya, but Malak may have a chance. As a redeemed Jedi. Another idea for a Sith Force Ghost, I thought of would be Bandon.

PS: You can also reply, no Force Ghosts.
 Vladimir-Vlada
02-02-2006, 2:10 PM
I would like to see Vandar, Zhar and Dorak; optionally Vrook.
 JediMaster12
02-02-2006, 3:52 PM
I voted for Kavar because he seemed more worldly in terms of how the galaxy functioned. I would like it even better if Jolee could be one too, provided he isn't dead.
 Jae Onasi
02-02-2006, 4:14 PM
Well, Jolee, of course, if he's died, but since he's not a Jedi Master on this list, I'll go for Vandar with Kavar as a very close second. They have the wisdom and Jedi experience to provide good guidance.
 Killwithhonor
02-02-2006, 4:24 PM
I voted Vandar but i really want to see Vash, cause she died on Korriban, she probally had alot of info to tell to, from what i read from her datapad
 JediMaster12
02-02-2006, 4:59 PM
Yes and it seemed that she tried to hold to the Jedi Code. That thing about taking responsibility and not casting blame.
 Clone L68362
02-02-2006, 5:45 PM
None of them are as important as other characters we've met, so if we had to have ghosts I wouldn't want any of them. Jolee (if he's dead, which I don't think he should be) or Kreia.
 FiEND_138
02-02-2006, 6:05 PM
None of them. Listed characters or not.
 MachineCult
02-02-2006, 6:50 PM
None of them, only a handful of Jedi know how to become a Force Ghost, none of them are on your list.
 Char Ell
02-02-2006, 7:07 PM
I liked Master Kavar. He seemed very pragmatic to me in how he dealt with the Exile. If there are any force ghosts in the next KotOR I would like to see him as one.
 Jeff
02-02-2006, 7:24 PM
I don't want any of them as Force Ghosts since Obi-Wan was the first to achieve a physical state as the Force (Qui-Gon could only do the voice IIRC).
 Mandalorian-Jed
02-02-2006, 7:42 PM
Actually it was rediscovered by Qui-Gon. Obi-Wan wasn't the only person able to do it. Ulic-Qel Droma disppears upon death and he isn't even in contact with the Force!

The Jedi of old could do it, but the technique was lost. The PT Jedi couldn't has they hadn't rediscovered it yet.
 Hallucination
02-02-2006, 8:12 PM
None of them. I didn't like them, they were all too stuck up.
 Maverick5770
02-02-2006, 9:19 PM
I think that either Vandar, Kavar or Zhar should return, i don't think Jolee is dead. Honestly though, I doubt there will be any important role of force ghosts though. BTW why is Atris a choice, did she die, I thought she was still alive when I left Telos for the last time.
 SithJedi21
02-02-2006, 9:50 PM
Come on, where's Jolee man? I prefer Jolee over most of them.
 Darth Windu
02-02-2006, 10:54 PM
Well, for me it all depends on who the PC is. I mean really, Kavar should only appear if you play as the Exile, same thing for Zhar if you are Revan.

Given the choice, I would take Jolee.
 RobQel-Droma
02-02-2006, 11:27 PM
Jolee. All the others are just maybes. Kavar might be good, or maybe Nihilus (I know he isn't a Jedi Master, he is a Sith Lord), but I really just want Jolee.
 Rok_stoned
02-02-2006, 11:38 PM
Jesus please!!!!111one!!!1!1!!1!

Seriously though, Atris I'd like to see her wiser and trying sincerely to help
 The Doctor
02-03-2006, 12:01 AM
Dorak. I've developed sort of an attachment to him since Dark Mirror.
 JediMaster12
02-03-2006, 1:13 AM
And how would Dorak help the PC? Tell the Tales of Revan of something? To be honets, my ultimate favorite for a ghost is Jolee because he's the crotchety old hermit who's been lost in the woods for too long. :)
 Master Kavar
02-03-2006, 1:21 AM
Kreia. Seriously, I don't care what anyone thinks. She made TSL the awesome game it was, and a small cameo stint as a Force Ghost would make any sequel just that much better.

Aside from her, Vrook would make a great Force Ghost. He would be like a more annoying and criticizing version of Obi-Wan, lecturing you from beyond the grave. It would suit him perfectly.
 Diego Varen
02-03-2006, 1:37 AM
I think that either Vandar, Kavar or Zhar should return, i don't think Jolee is dead. Honestly though, I doubt there will be any important role of force ghosts though. BTW why is Atris a choice, did she die, I thought she was still alive when I left Telos for the last time.

You can kill Atris, Light or Dark. I also read on GameBanshee that you don't get Dark Side points for killing her.
 RedHawke
02-03-2006, 2:06 AM
None of them. Listed characters or not.
Quoted for emphasis! ;)
 Darth Sun_Tzu
02-03-2006, 3:16 AM
I'd have to go for Vandar.

But i have to say, i don't think that Kavar, Vrook or Zez-Kai Ell could become force ghost because of how they died. Their bodies are totally drained of the force they are like voids and don't become one with the force.
 bolsen
02-03-2006, 7:34 AM
Vandar, he is the wisest of them all and if any of them knew how to become a force ghost it would have to be a yoda-ling. Also, Kavar, Zez Kai-Ell, and Vrook all died without the force. I think that Jolee should come back though more than anyone as a force ghost. Sure he's not definitely dead unless Revan was DS, but think about it. . . he was like 70 years old in KoTOR 1. This game could be close to 20 years after the first one.
 Darth Sun_Tzu
02-03-2006, 7:41 AM
Also, Kavar, Zez Kai-Ell, and Vrook all died without the force.

Isn't that what i just said?
 bolsen
02-03-2006, 8:30 AM
Isn't that what i just said?
Sorry man, I must have scrolled past your post the first time I read this.
 Darth InSidious
02-03-2006, 8:41 AM
ZIPPO!
Force ghosts are the supreme cliche, and must be avoided at all gho-- I mean, costs.
 Cygnus Q'ol
02-03-2006, 11:35 AM
Actually, they can all stay gone.

Hopefully the storyline won't be so rigid that our alignment deviations won't have any affect on our mission priorities.

LS and DS play should have different paths to the end. If that's the case, then new masters, new planets, and new companions are all required.

If Coruscant isn't available, then somewhere else should be used for lightside training.
(anywhere but Dantooine)
Along with a new master. Doesn't have to be a white, human male either.

...and Korriban isn't the only sith world in this galaxy. There are plenty of places to learn the ways of the darkside.
 RobQel-Droma
02-04-2006, 1:38 AM
^But none of these other Sith planets just are the same as Korriban. :)

I could live without force ghosts, but if they do it right, I think having Jolee or someone else wouldn't be bad. I disagree that they are the "supreme cliche."
 Darca Lar
02-11-2006, 6:29 PM
i would like to master vandar again, hes like a second yoda
 darkhelmut
02-28-2006, 6:26 PM
None of them. There all a bunch of morons. And If there's a jedi hell, I hope the're all in it.
 Soogz
02-28-2006, 8:02 PM
I would like to see Kavar and Dorak come back as ghosts. They deserve some input in the game.
 Kensai
03-01-2006, 8:13 AM
None, Force Ghosts have lost all meaning after Anakin was replaced with Hayden instead of the Green Cross Code guy.

Never again...it's starting to get over-used now...seems everyone should be ablwe to do it now...
 Aurora Merlow
03-01-2006, 8:35 AM
none of them. If it had to be someone, Vandar but i would prefer if there weren't any at all. I hope its not Jolee cause i want him in it or as a cameo (still alive). I don't think it could be Zez kai ell, Vrook, or Kavar because after there dead and you look at them it says they look worse than dead, that they had the force drained from them. I doubt they could come back from that, but i could be mistaken
 Weiser_Cain
03-01-2006, 8:35 AM
Actually I'd like to find the unknown planet and come across the force ghosts of Jolee and Juhani. Juhani has fallen to the darkside in her despair at being, well, dead. If I go the LS path I talk her down from whatever she's plotting and get jolee to make/give me a Holocron, if I'd DS I either side with Juhani or subvert her plans in favor of my own (with high charisma/persuade), we sunder jolee's ghost and create a clone or otherwise find a body for Juhani (either cathar or another near-humanoid, say a tall twilek with sickly red eyes), then go have some fun.
 Venom750
03-01-2006, 9:31 AM
I like to see Zhar because you didn't see him much in the first and not at all in the second
 Prime
03-01-2006, 11:10 AM
None of them.
 †Saint_Killa†
03-02-2006, 8:08 AM
I would ever not see those guys again. All they did was tell you that you done somthin' wrong and give you tons of sermons. Just like my mom!!!!
 Non-false Jedi
03-02-2006, 11:55 AM
I was pretty much tied between Vandar, Zez Kai Ell, and Kavar. i couldn't decide but voted Vandar
 ExileRevan
03-03-2006, 4:06 PM
I want Vandar to return just because he's awesome! The Whill race is just 2 cool.
 The Distorted
03-04-2006, 2:02 AM
Do we actually know that Vandar is dead? If so, then how?
He was alive at the end of KotOR 1 (in canon light ending), so he must have died (if he did at all) during the events in the 5 years or so between when both games are set.
Was he on Katarr when Nihilus ravaged it? If so, then surely (as other people have said) he'd be drained of all his life force, like Kreia did to Vrook, etc. and therefore could not become a ghost/spirit as he simply ceases to be, any longer.

I don't remember him be referred to at all in KotOR 2. Did I miss something?
 RedHawke
03-04-2006, 2:48 AM
Do we actually know that Vandar is dead? If so, then how?
*snip*
I don't remember him be referred to at all in KotOR 2. Did I miss something?
Fix the Protocol Droid by the Ebon Hawk's landing area on Dantooine in TSL and you can unlock a dialog between Vandar and Vrook about the Exile.
;)
 khawk
03-04-2006, 3:22 AM
Well, Vandar doesn't have to be dead at all.
In Kotor I, he was on the Republic ship with admiral Dodonna but he there escaped this ship. Just like Revan / Carth and Bastila (the Endar Spire) in an escape pod.

You can set Revan to DS and still Vrook tells you Vandar died on Katarr.
But what if he didn't die on Katarr or maybe didn't went to Katarr.
Or he might have survived Nihilus attack just like Visas Marr did (possibly hiding in a crystal cave which, who knows, could protect you from Nihilus's attack?
If you didn't see someone dying he/she could still be alive and it would be a good addition to Kotor III.
 Reclaimer
03-04-2006, 3:30 AM
I chose Zhar, for he was the one who re-trained Reven in KOTOR 1. He would most likely have alot of information on Revan and his fighting styles/techniques.
 The Distorted
03-04-2006, 6:59 AM
I chose Zhar, for he was the one who re-trained Reven in KOTOR 1. He would most likely have alot of information on Revan and his fighting styles/techniques.

I hadn't chosen anyone yet, but after reading your post, I have to agree, and so I voted for him too. He would be the one, I think, who could teach you the most (maybe even give an insight into Revan's mindset, and offer possibilities as to where he might have headed, and give further information on his past, thus enhancing the story/sense of continuity even further, etc). Yes, definately him now that I think about it. I hope he does show up.

-------------

Oh, and cheers RedHawke for the info, I clearly missed that. :)
 stoffe
03-04-2006, 9:58 AM
None of them, let the dead rest in peace. :)

I don't know why the EU is so keen on recycling characters who have already perished. I'd prefer if they would come up with new, interesting characters instead. Death loses its impact if it's nothing but a minor inconvenience.
 Ztalker
03-04-2006, 10:09 AM
^
|
|
|
I agree, although i think some force ghosts should appear. I think Vandar is a must, since he was the leader of the Jedi in part one, and he led a Jedi Strike force when he was killed (makes him cool ^^)

Also, Vrook should appear, just for his cynical jerkish comments. It could bring out some very cool DS options, since he can't harm you anymore now he's dead.

'I hate you old man.'
-'Why you little! I'll show you!'
*punches into nothingness*
 Vibro
03-04-2006, 12:25 PM
I voted for none of them. Especially if you start the game as a new PC. If you go Revan or the Exile then perhaps a force ghostwould be a good idea.
 Lantzen
03-04-2006, 5:57 PM
No force ghosts, like Vibro sayed maybe if you are Revan or Exile but i want to be a new PC.
Page: 1 of 2