Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Skinned SSD

Page: 1 of 1
 Juggernaut1985
01-30-2006, 6:08 PM
Its a month early but go figure. I'm impatient and like to give stuff out for free. Note it doesn't have the lights on the city part. Our Skinner had to reformat his PC sadly. Good thing i kept a copy so when he is back he can put the lights on it.

http://legacy.gamemod.net/Uploads/SSD.jpg)
 popcorn2008
01-30-2006, 7:09 PM
Looks great! :D

What do you guys think of Legacy of War now? I promise it will be one of the best mods for EaW out there! :^:
 Dirk Pitt
01-30-2006, 7:31 PM
Nice, it will be second to IA2 ROTE, jk they both look awesome
 Lew
01-30-2006, 8:34 PM
Looks neat...

Have you guys made/plan on making new space maps that are a lot bigger so you can actually use an ssd? It's hard enough trying to move 6 ISD's around with mild terrain, since they can't pass over/under each other.

Plus what's the "food" value for the unit count of this thing? 12, 15? Is the mod going to up/remove the "food" unit caps?
 Juggernaut1985
01-30-2006, 8:37 PM
Yes we're going to increase the Cap. And the SSD will take up its fair share.

Space maps will be made bigger as well. We need to fiddle with the camera but nothing we can't do.
 NinjaSokudo
01-30-2006, 8:42 PM
Awesome job... Can't wait to use that ship to blow those rebel scum out of the sky!
 Darth Moeller
01-30-2006, 9:39 PM
Awesome guys! I can't wait to get this mod for the full game, after I beat the game without mods of course ;)
 JamieEAWFiles
01-31-2006, 5:18 AM
Posted some news about this update at http://empireatwar.filefront.com/) :)
 Leron
01-31-2006, 7:07 AM
Eah! that ship's texturea are awesome!!! good work! The question is: how many SSDs actualy existed? 2 or 3 I know only about Executor, so wht's the point of building 6 or 7 SSDs, I sugest to make that ship an uniqe unit with ability to launch Vader, and to ram down the dethstar :D
 Orao
01-31-2006, 7:23 AM
At least 4. In the battle of Endor you can see at least 3 and in EU admiral Thrawn was on SSD.
 JamieEAWFiles
01-31-2006, 7:51 AM
What's EU?
 Juggernaut1985
01-31-2006, 8:15 AM
What's EU?

Expanded Universe.
 Orao
01-31-2006, 9:24 AM
BTW can someone explain me how the hell the rebel fleet can defeat an entire imperial fleet ? Not to mention stupid Ewoks crushing the Imperial forces on Endor.

I mean how is possible for few calamari cruisers Y-wings X-wings and A-wings to knock down Executor whereas DS was wiping out rebel ships. Not to mention thousand and thousand of Tie Interceptors being launched into the battle.

P.S.

For expension pack or modding : Give us the ability to wipe out those Ewoks plz plz plz :smash:
 Goldenshadow
01-31-2006, 11:58 AM
First. can you render the under side view of the engines, the top really shows no details.

And secondly. The rebels won because they blew up the deathstar. Even if the alliance fleet was destroyed, the victory of blowing up the 2nd deathstar would have been worth it.
 Juggernaut1985
01-31-2006, 12:25 PM
I'll have a render soon. The underside is skinned(it has been for a long while) but we don't have the crimson color to show the engine is on, thats something you have to do in the game. SO when I post it don't kill me for not having the crimson.
 Leron
01-31-2006, 12:44 PM
2 words Good officership... I guess that superior force is not only the number of the ships :)) And Rebel fighters had shields, anyway now we can't see the tactical view of that battle and can't say why rebells win....

P.s. there were 3 SSDs on ENDOR??? I've got to see that movie again!!!
 Orao
01-31-2006, 1:31 PM
2 words Good officership... I guess that superior force is not only the number of the ships :)) And Rebel fighters had shields, anyway now we can't see the tactical view of that battle and can't say why rebells win....

Yep you can see them first when Luke is watching the battle from the DS and then when the Executor is destroyed.
 Matthes
01-31-2006, 1:34 PM

1) hello @all, just registered

2) full ack, the only SSD in the trilogy was the Executor
hm... other (popular SSDs) are Zsinj's Iron Fist and Isaard's Lusankya (wonder how they managed to build it there (don't want to spoil for the minority who didn't read the X-Wing Books yet or searched at EU))
well i think there was a modified SSD (or an whole bigger SD class) in the Dark Empire comic trilogy)

but there was definitively the Executor only in the movies

and i also think that Thrawn's SD was a "basic" SD, not a SSD if i remember correctly
 boc120
01-31-2006, 1:46 PM
Right you are, Thrawn's ship was the ISD Chimaera.
 101st B-wing
01-31-2006, 2:01 PM
uh.

When posting please include more than one word. This is defined as spam by the way. Message from your friendly, local moderator.
 Leron
01-31-2006, 5:03 PM
Guys, I've just rewached the 6'th episode... There's just One SSD it's in the center of the Imperal Fleet... so... Official Movie Contains only one SSD... I Think it would be right to Make SSD an unique unit
 Admiral Sith
01-31-2006, 5:33 PM
The Empire built 4 Sovereigns(almost completed), and 2 Eclipses. If they can build those huge ships bigger than SSDs with Superlasers then i think they can build at least 80 SSDs, and they did build 40.
 MDN14
01-31-2006, 6:08 PM
There is also that SSD in the Black Fleet Crisis trilogy too ;) Oh, here is some info you might want to read if you think there is only one or two and this should be a unique unit (keep in mind that these are just Executor-class SSDs):

* Aggressor — Admiral Roek's flagship was stationed in the Inner Rim region prior to the Battle of Endor. Later, it was recalled to Corellia to protect the Corellian Engineering Corporation shipyards. It is believed to have been destroyed during a fratricidal battle between warlord Imperial factions, when it collided with a Torpedo Sphere at the Battle Of Tralus. Grand Admiral Pitta used a Torpedo Sphere to defend the planet Tralus from Grand Admiral Grunger's entire fleet of 30 Star Destroyers, 60 Strike Cruises and 100 Carrack Cruisers, until Grunger rammed the Aggressor into Pitta's sphere killing them both.

* Executor — The lead ship of its class and the only such vessel featured in the movies. This ship was the first ship of its type, built at the Fondor Shipyards. Executor was involved in the siege of Hoth in The Empire Strikes Back, and the Battle of Endor in Return of the Jedi. The ship was destroyed by the Rebel Alliance during the Battle of Endor, colliding with the second Death Star after its bridge was destroyed by Arvel Crynyd's crashing A-wing fighter, along with many of the Imperial Navy's finest officers. There is some irony in this, as the Executor was designed by Lira Wessex, and the A-Wing that caused its loss was designed by Walex Blissex, her father.

* Guardian — This ship was stationed in the Core regions and was flagship of Fleet Admiral Gaen Drommel, who (like many high-ranking Imperial officers) turned to warlordism after the death of Emperor Palpatine. Three years after the Battle of Endor the ship was severely damaged in battle with the nascent New Republic. She was captured by the New Republic some ten years later, apparently in poor condition and was eventually repaired. Guardian saw operational service in the Yuuzhan Vong invasion, and became a Galactic Alliance command-ship/Mobile Base.

* Intimidator — Originally assigned to Black Sword Command together with two other anonymous "Super Star Destroyers", Intimidator would be pressed into service for the Duskhan League after the Yevethan revolt at the Black Fifteen shipyards over N'zoth, rechristened Pride of Yevetha. It was later reacquired by a revolt of the subjugated human crewmen. Intimidator eventually came to rest as a heavily-damaged derelict somewhere in the galactic core.

* Iron Fist — This ship was the flagship of Warlord Zsinj's fleet. It was the symbol of the warlord's power, and he used it to terrorize worlds into submission. Iron Fist was eventually destroyed over the planet Dathomir when the Millennium Falcon fired concussion missiles into the bridge. Originally HIMS Brawl.

* Knight Hammer — Seeing the inefficiencies of the Emperor's heirs, Admiral Daala murdered most of the warlords who had risen to power after the fall of the Empire. Consolidating command over the remaining Imperial military, Daala took command of the Night Hammer, which had been built in secret by one of the murdered warlords, Supreme General Delvardus, and renamed it to Knight Hammer in preparation for the attack on the Jedi academy. Different than most Star Destroyers, the Knight Hammer was entirely black. It also had technology to make itself virtually stealth, emitting no outward light. This ship was outfitted with special stealth armor to reduce its sensor cross section. In a strike against Luke Skywalker's Jedi academy on Yavin 4, the Knight Hammer fell victim to sabotage by ex-Jedi Knight Callista when she was able to sabotage the engines by pointing all TIE bombers at the rear hangar bay (at the bulkhead by the engines). They fired their missiles, breaking through the bulkhead and heavily damaging the engines; the vessel was subsequently destroyed when it was pulled into Yavin's gravity well, but not before Admiral Daala evacuated the crew.

* Lusankya — This was the sister-ship of the Executor. Both ships were built at the same time at separate facilities, both under the name of Executor. When they were completed, one went on to become the ship seen in the movies, the other was renamed Lusankya and somehow ended up buried under the surface of Coruscant, capital of the Empire. To conceal a ship of such size, Emperor Palpatine must have either used the Force to erase the memories of the ship's builders, or ordered the deaths of millions and an extraordinary cover-up. Lusankya was given to Ysanne Isard, who used it to flee Coruscant after it was conquered by the New Republic using repulsors installed on the ship to leave the atmosphere. The ship was eventually captured by Wedge Antilles over Thyferra, and became a vessel in the New Republic's fleet. Under orders of Mon Mothma, Lusankya was decommissioned, but was reactivated some years before the Yuuzhan Vong invasion. She was finally destroyed around 25 years after the Battle of Endor, when it was sent on a suicide mission to ram a Yuuzhan Vong Worldship.

* Razor's Kiss — Although it was built for the Empire by Kuat Drive Yards, this ship was never commissioned in service to the Empire. When it was nearly completed, a commando force sent by Warlord Zsinj took control of it, and began fighting their way out of the shipyards. When the ships stationed there moved to intercept it, Warlord Zsinj brought in his fleet, led by another Executor-class ship named Iron Fist, to protect it until they jumped out of the system. Unfortunately for Zsinj, one member of his commando forces was a spy dispatched by the New Republic's Wraith Squadron, who destroyed the shield generators and planted a program in the ship's computers that told the New Republic's fleet the location it escaped to. Razor's Kiss was destroyed by the New Republic before ever seeing a real battle. Its remains were recovered and became the Second Death, which Warlord Zsinj used to fool the New Republic into thinking the Iron Fist was destroyed at Selaggis.

* Reaper — Originally the flagship of Grand Moff Governor Ardus Kaine, it was eventually acquired by Admiral Pelleaon after consolidating Kaine's former holdings (the Pentastar Alignment) into the Imperial Remnant. Reaper was destroyed in combat with the New Republic.

* Terror — The flagship of Admiral Sarn as part of Grand Admiral Martio Batch's Project Phantom at Immdar Alpha involving the mass-use of stygian crystal cloaking devices on V38 assault fighters. Rebel agents managed to use a single fighter to damage key components of HIMS Terror. The ship was destroyed, along with the Immdar Alpha facility and the majority of Project PHANTOM.

* Vindictive — Flagship of Grand Admiral Harkelan, used to launch full-scale war in the Core Systems in order to reassert control over the Imperial factions. The ship was an altered Executor - class ship, capable of conducting entire planetary invasions. The ship was thought to be destroyed, but evidence points to the fact that the ship made a blind hyperspace jump, and may be in the Outer Rim Territories.

* Vengeance — Admiral Senn's flagship in the suppression of the lawless Airam sector. She was eventually destroyed in a battle with out-gunned Rebel forces when Rogue squadron and the Rebels managed to destroy the shields with several Dreadnaughts on suicide runs, then rammed the Vengeance's bridge with the Airam corvette Thunder. The Rebels fired heavy rockets at the heavily-damaged ship, destroying it.

* Whelm — This ship was flagship of the Azure Hammer Command in Sector Zero, the Imperial Center Oversector, containing the capital of the Empire. Leading a fleet of fifty-seven capital ships, Whelm served as the personal flagship of Grand Admiral Osvald Teshik.

Anonymous Examples:

* Two Anonymous Black Sword "Super Star Destroyers" — In addition to the captured HIMS Intimidator, there were two additional Super Star Destroyers indicated to be of the same class deployed within Black Sword Command, but not ensconced at the shipyard of Black Fifteen that was seized by Yevethan partisans. It is possible that one or both of these ships was retained/obtained by the Imperial Remnant sometime after the Armistice, and could possibly be the unknown-name "Super Star Destroyer" present at Bastion in "Destiny's Way" (speculation on this craft is discussed below), however, their eventual fate is unknown and undocumented.

* Anonymous Executor-class at the Fondor Shipyards (partially constructed) — During the film era of the Galactic Civil War, Rogue Squadron used captured TIE hunters to infiltrate an Imperial construction yard at Fondor and destroy the cloaking devices protecting an under-construction vessel of the Executor-class. It was destroyed when all three cloaking devices were destroyed by the alliance fighters, creating a chain reaction that destroyed the ship.
 Matthes
01-31-2006, 6:37 PM
MDN14 = :king1: :p

i didn't even remember Daala having a SSD...

thinking of Daala, i make a note that i should read all of the 'old' books again and i'm imagining the Sun Crusher in the game... :smash: but i think it would be too unfair
 Juggernaut1985
02-01-2006, 8:20 AM
Things are moving. We got a new skinner and the skinner who did the SSD is getting back on his feet. His Comp died.
 wolfshadow
02-03-2006, 8:54 AM
Awsome looking model. Looking forward to seeing it in game.

MDN 14: Great post. Lots of good info... I was trying to remeber in which of the books that I first read about a SSD... I thought that it was Thrawn that had one.. I guess it was the Black Fleet one that I remembered.

I think that Thrawn would make an awsome hero unit. Would make a great way to include a SSD in game, and keep it unique.
 SithJedi
02-06-2006, 9:01 PM
yah the ssd looks good
 Juggernaut1985
02-06-2006, 10:27 PM
Thrawn will be in but not on an SSD.
 EmperorJello
02-17-2006, 4:20 PM
* Vindictive — Flagship of Grand Admiral Harkelan, used to launch full-scale war in the Core Systems in order to reassert control over the Imperial factions. The ship was an altered Executor - class ship, capable of conducting entire planetary invasions. The ship was thought to be destroyed, but evidence points to the fact that the ship made a blind hyperspace jump, and may be in the Outer Rim Territories.

FAKE. Neither that ship, that grand admiral, nor those events mentioned are real.

You also missed a few, such as the Megador from TSW. :)
 Admiral Sith
02-17-2006, 7:02 PM
Actually their were three ESDs in Black Sword Command

hm... other (popular SSDs) are Zsinj's Iron Fist and Isaard's Lusankya (wonder how they managed to build it there (don't want to spoil for the minority who didn't read the X-Wing Books yet or searched at EU))

It was built at Fondor(or Kaut) at the same time as the Executor was, then the Emperor buried it underneath the surface of Coruscant to serve as his personal getaway ship.
 Foland
02-17-2006, 10:54 PM
It was built at Fondor(or Kaut) at the same time as the Executor was, then the Emperor buried it underneath the surface of Coruscant to serve as his personal getaway ship.

I think the point is... how could it be moved to coruscant/buried there. I don't think SDers were constructed to be able to enter atmo, and if if they could, a Super's size/speed on reentry would make it impossible to "land" on a planet the size of Coruscant.

then again, it is star wars...
 alecsuba
02-17-2006, 11:47 PM
The SSD was able to enter the Atmosphere of Planets. This was shown in some very old comics. Vader brings the Executor down to the surface of a planet after telling the Planets Commander the requirements for the landing zone
 Foshjedi2004
02-19-2006, 7:32 AM
The Lusaynka was only able to be inserted to Coruscant because the SSD had a massive Repulsorlift cradle that allowed it to descend into the Atmosphere.
 Apocalypse|TFL
02-19-2006, 8:40 AM
BTW can someone explain me how the hell the rebel fleet can defeat an entire imperial fleet ? Not to mention stupid Ewoks crushing the Imperial forces on Endor.

I mean how is possible for few calamari cruisers Y-wings X-wings and A-wings to knock down Executor whereas DS was wiping out rebel ships. Not to mention thousand and thousand of Tie Interceptors being launched into the battle.

P.S.

For expension pack or modding : Give us the ability to wipe out those Ewoks plz plz plz :smash:

More geekdom.....

The reason for the defeat of the Empire's navy was the Death of the Emperor, He was so strong in the darkside of the force he was manipulating the entire fleet (giving them a boost in tactical thinking and quicker reflexes) and when he died, the sudden loss sent the fleet into chaos, allowing the destruction of the Executor. Once some of the more experienced commanders came round, they ordered a retreat and scattered, giving birth to various Warlords.

Can I have a cookie now please :redbounc:
 arkodeon
02-19-2006, 8:58 PM
Yep you can see them first when Luke is watching the battle from the DS and then when the Executor is destroyed.

There was only one Super Star Destroyer at the Battle of Endor. Many sources indicate that the fact that there was only ONE Super Star Destroyer was enough to turn the tides in the Empire's favour, or so they thought.

The other Super Star Destroyers were on other missions, or served as personal flag ships.

P.S.

- The Battle in Space:

The Battle in Space was won because the Death Star Two was destroyed. The battle lasts all of half an hour; and the Rebels had more than just "few calamari cruisers Y-wings X-wings and A-Wings," they had over one hundred Corellian Corvettes, 25 + Mon Calamari Cruisers, 500 hundred fighters...

http://starwars.wikicities.com/wiki/Battle_of_Endor) <--- For complete listing.

- The Battle on Land

The Ewoks and the Rebels won because...

Ewoks knew their world better than both factions. They were able to devise plans, traps, and move around undetected.

The Rebels won because of their friendship with the Ewoks, and their camoflauge. If you have never played Battlefront 2, it is a main problem on Endor that the Stormtroopers stick out like sorethumbs, with their white armour and all.

The Empire was too complacent with the fact that they were the dominating faction; no 'teddy bears' could hurt them. That wasn't true. D: Bye Bye, stormies.

If you pay attention to ROTJ, you will see that the Rebels did NOT destroy the entire Imperial fleet; because the Emperor was out of the picture, all of the planets that were oppressed revolted, leading to the liberation of Coruscant, and, in effect, the Galaxy.

:D And, we wouldn't HAVE any New Republic without the win at Endor. (Or Jedi, for that matter.)
 LenaMarieD
02-19-2006, 9:34 PM
Cool stuff that'd be great to have in this mod

- Super Cap Increases for epic land and space battles.

- Vader's Executor Hero unit instead of his Tie Ad, however with a button to launch Vaders Squadron.

- Kyle Katarn's Moldy crow in space

- Mara Jades Customized z-95 space hero

- Mon Mothma's Nebulon B Frigate Hero unit ( the one from the End of Empire Strikes back)

or

- Rebel Headquarters space station like from Rebellion that is Mon Mothma's Space hero unit

- Emperor's Guard buildable from barracks

- Rebel Pilots buildable from barracks

- Buildable Tie pilots from barracks?

- Admiral Daala's SSD

- MonCal Crusier Liberty? (the one from X-Wing Alliance)

- a Real Death Star, not one thats background art that launchers Ties, Bombers and ISDs as a special and has a Tractor beam that can lock onto Capitol ships.

- Luke Skywalker hero with the rest of Red Squadron as Pilot units on the ground

- TIE and Reb Pilots with a ground special to hop into their fighters

- Mara Jade and Kyle Katarn ability to switch between blasters and lightsabers

just a few ideas, I dont know if all of them are possible but these would be awesome
 Foshjedi2004
02-20-2006, 5:15 AM
Lets just say people are working on them eh?
Page: 1 of 1