Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Bryant's & Grey_Ghost's Mod V2.6G

Page: 1 of 3
 Grey_Ghost
01-27-2006, 7:29 AM
********NEWEST VERSION 2.6G********

This is possibly the last Release of Grey_Ghost's & Bryant's Mod. This mod edits the EaW Demo WITHOUT tampering with the exe file in any way.

******--HOW TO INSTALL:-- ******

REMOVE PREVIOUS VERSIONS: Delete the XML & Scripts Folder that is in your Star Wars Empire at War Demo\Gamedata\Data\ Folder

Copy the XML & Scripts Folder that is in the Zip to your Star Wars Empire at War Demo\Gamedata\Data\ Folder

To Play as the Empire Copy the Files From ...Demo\Gamedata\Data\XML\** Universe Empire Full Tech\ and past them into the XML Folder.
To Play the Level 1 Empire Copy the Files From ...Demo\Gamedata\Data\XML\** Universe Empire Tech 1\ and past them into the XML Folder.
To Play as the Rebels Copy the Files From ...Demo\Gamedata\Data\XML\** Universe Rebel Full Tech\ and past them into the XML Folder.
To Play the Level 1 Rebels Copy the Files From ...Demo\Gamedata\Data\XML\** Universe Rebel Tech 1\ and past them into the XML Folder.
**Insert the size of the Galactic Universe you wish to play in

To Uninstall:
Delete the XML & Scripts Folder that is in your Star Wars Empire at War Demo\Gamedata\Data\ Folder

__=Version 2.6G Changes:=__

--Change | Reason / Notes--

Added a Reduced Galactic Map Option | Guess which folders they are in.

Space Retreat Added | Info on a similar method for adding Space Retreat to a Mod found "HERE (http://pff.swrebellion.com/index.php?topic=2204.0)")
I take no credit for this, but its nice to have it in.

Rebel Artillery added back in while playing as Rebel | Rebel A.I. denied vehicle cause it doesn't use it well
Usually they just roll it up next units and just sit there waiting to die.

Slightly Altered Rebel Artillery available when playing as Empire | This is NOT like the SPM-AT! Has different projectile graphics
It's a "Just for fun" unit. A.I. Cannot build this for reason listed above. Spotter Droids are not included. Your not forced to use it.

The Venetors now carry a small compliment of V-Wings.

Empire can build Gravwell's again | since retreat was added

Level 2-5 Star Base Weapons Boosted

AT-AA Land Offensive Power Slightly Reduced | Pretty sure it isn't meant to be that powerful against Grounded Targets

If you find the game too hard even on Easy, then delete the file named DIFFICULTYADJUSTMENTS.XML in the XML directory
The game will use it's default settings

Imperial Star Destroyers & MonCalimari Cruisers can only be built on either MonCalimari, Kuat, Fondor, or Sullust.
A Level 1 Space Station or higher is required.

Empire can only build Hutt Palaces on Atzerri, Nal Hutta, Ryloth, & Tatooine (Bounty Hunters) depending on Universe size.

Rebels can only build Cantinas on Abregado Rae, Atzerri, Corellia, Nal Hutta, Ryloth, & Tatooine (Smugglers) depending on Universe size.

Using the STOP button while selecting Snowspeeders WILL CRASH the game. Once they start flying, don't try to stop them.
They will constanly circle where you tell them to move once they get there. So far there haven't been any problems for when the
A.I. uses them.

When Playing as Rebels and invading a Planet the game might cause an exception, Alt-Tab to the error box and hit CANCEL,
then Tab back into the game. You should be able to continue playing. It's doesn't happen when using the RAID slot.
Personally I have not had this happen in any of my recent Tests.

Game may crash when Exiting the game | I have no idea why, but it's not critical.

Tornados can drive you insane | I loathe those Frelling things! If only I knew how to remove them.
Getting tired of the Rancor as well. Seriously, someone find out how to get rid of the Tornados!

Download 2.6g HERE (http://home.comcast.net/~vallore/other/Bryants-and-Grey_Ghosts-Mod-V2.6G.zip) 480KB
I currently have no where to host this semi-permanently.

Mod not working? Make sure you installed it properly. Here is a picture that may help you.
http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/6039/folders.gif)
Please Post any Bugs or Issues in this thread
 Grey_Ghost
01-27-2006, 8:01 AM
The Research/Steal Tech is in and fully tested by myself. Those Rebels really love the Snowspeeder, maybe a little too much.

Sorry about the limited amount of Systems, I will add more planets in the next version or as a small update. Just wanted to get this out so it can be played without the AI crashing the game because of the pirates.
 KhaosNite
01-27-2006, 8:32 AM
Nonetheless, even with a small amount of planets, it can still be a challenge. In my 2 battles with the Priates and Imperials in 2.1 I lost about half my fleet on medium. I had a bout a dozen fighter squads, and was down to corvettes and cruisers
 Grey_Ghost
01-27-2006, 8:49 AM
Yeah, too bad I had to remove the Pirates. I'll make sure to add them back in (space only) when I make a new Galactic layout. I should of left the Space Pirates in the Full Tech setups, but I wasn't thinking. Only needed to be removed for the Tech 1's so they can steal tech.

BTW added an optional download for the Full Universe featured in 2.0G. I can't imagine anyone ever finishing it with no Saves, but just incase anyone liked it.

***The Optional D/L had a small error, please get it again if you done so previously,
 StarFadedBlack
01-27-2006, 11:12 AM
Grey I must say I appreciate your persistance in trying to give the best mod experience. Its much appreciated by me and Im sure many others. Awsome update by the way.
 Empirecitizen
01-27-2006, 11:43 AM
I like the linear map more but why are the A.I. ( both empire and rebel) are much less aggressive than before? We can handle them easier coz there is only one battlefront.

Also, why is the rebel A.I. building so many officer? it keeps building them and its very annoying to start a space combat just to clear them.
 Ra2er
01-27-2006, 2:10 PM
I like new mods, especially updates which repair the bugs in earlier versions :). Keep it up, the mods are great!
Got any plans for making a mod for the final game?
 Captain_Brian
01-27-2006, 2:38 PM
The AI isn't very agressive at all in mine either. :( And the empire only built one type of ship over and over and over. Is it a bug with the 1st level tech version? I'll try the full tech one instead...
 brownassociate
01-27-2006, 2:42 PM
Is retreating included in 2.2g? The empire mod has it, so would there be anyway to combine the two?
 Vermel
01-27-2006, 2:56 PM
Is there a way to slow down the firing rate of the planetery Ion cannon, it seems a bit to much. I have had entire fleets rendered useless by it. After that it's simply a fighter duel.
 buckshot12
01-27-2006, 3:29 PM
This mod has so much promise, but the rebel IA on mine is building 2 mon cal and then 100 fleet oficers...so it sucks, I just roll over the RA every time
 Captain_Brian
01-27-2006, 3:41 PM
I tried as empire and I had the same problem as the poster above of the rebel ai building 2 mon cal and then 100's of fleet officers. This looks like a really kick ass mod, but this version seems critically bugged. :(
 buckshot12
01-27-2006, 4:05 PM
totally man, screw more planets, just fix the bug and you've got a great struggle going over kessle...please fix this...like...TEN MINUTES AGO! j/k thanks to all the modders for doing what they do... NOW FIX IT!
 Captain_Brian
01-27-2006, 4:08 PM
http://rapidshare.de/files/11971451/Bryant_s___Grey_Ghost_s_Mod_V2.2G_UNOFFICIAL_PATCH) 1.zip.html

Here is a fix I made for the fleet officer/aggression bug. Works as empire, haven't tried as rebels yet...

UPDATE: Dang, nevermind. This doesn't work as a fix. :( Weird, on my first game it worked great and they attacked immediately...
 buckshot12
01-27-2006, 4:51 PM
didn't work, now the rebs dont build anything
 Goldenshadow
01-27-2006, 5:25 PM
I was playing on the full galaxy as empire from tech 1. I got to tech 4 and I owned half the galaxy and fortified the line of systems with 2 ISD and a hyper velocity gun on each of those systems. Then I just waited and built up my forces for a while. then the rebels attacked my weakest system with this massive fleet which must have had over 200 ships at first. tons of corvettes, missile ship, gunboats, and frigates. I had 2 ISDs and a level 1 space station and the hypervelocity gun allowed them to destroy a hell of a lot of that fleet. but in the end I lost due to the massive number of missles flying around damaging my ISDs

After I lose, I had a system nearby with 4 ISDs so I attacked that planet and used the hypervelocity gun to take out all of their ships one by one. I started with the gunboats and missile cruisers first since they were the highest threat. Once those were gone. my 4 ISD was easily fending off wave after wave of nebuland B frigates. the rbels had 57 frigates at the start of the battle and I killed a lot of them, but I'll never know since the game cashed in the middle of that battle.

The only issue I have and the reason I am posting is that I didn't see the rebels building any mon cal cruisers. They had fondor and sullust, while I had mon calimari
 DarkArjapa
01-27-2006, 6:37 PM
The only issue I have and the reason I am posting is that I didn't see the rebels building any mon cal cruisers. They had fondor and sullust, while I had mon calimari

Imperial Star Destroyers & MonCalimari Cruisers can only be built on either Kuat or
MonCalimari with a Level 4 Starbase.
Maybe that's why?
 Vermel
01-27-2006, 6:54 PM
You know one of the things that I'm concerned about is that the real game will take all the fun out of a major victory like the one mentioned above. So even if you destroy 100+ ships it would appear as if you will gain no intiative at all, for the AI will replace them in quick order.
 Captain_Brian
01-27-2006, 7:09 PM
I tested all of the player empire VS AI rebels files, but all of them have the "rebel ai produces lots of fleet commanders" bug. Also, nothing I've done has been able to fix it. How do you disable the damn things!? I tried setting the "tech_level" to "99" for the units AND the "officer academy" but somehow the ai STILL builds them. :(
 Grey_Ghost
01-27-2006, 7:18 PM
Just when I think I am out the Bugs just keep pullin me back in!

MonCalimari cruisers can be built on MonCalimari, Kuat, Fondor, and Sullust. I just shortened it in the patch notes cause the small universe didn't have the other 2 planets.

Those Damned Fleet Officers:
I will Limit the MAX Number that the AI is allowed to make to 2 Units total, both Field and Fleet.

Those God Canno..er I mean Ion Cannon:
I will reduce the rate-of-fire BIG time. I'll do it for the Hypervelocity as well, I just need to test and make sure it works.

Retreating:
I think those mods unlock it with that hacked EXE file. You might be able to copy my mod over Chriz's mods to get it to work. It's set to be allowed in my XML files, but once it recharges, it stays greyed out. Give it a try and let me know if that works.

Tech 1 AI:
I've yet to play a full game beyond testing that Tech works. However, I will give the Empire AI a research center to start, which will hopefully Fix that problem.
 Captain_Brian
01-27-2006, 7:24 PM
Grey_Ghost, I've already tried limiting the MAX # of fleet officers to 3, which is what that patch I originally posted did. However, for some reason the ai ignores it and builds a crapload anyway. :( (Unless you have a different way of doing it than mine...)

Btw, you are awesome for doing this mod.
 Grey_Ghost
01-27-2006, 8:15 PM
Grey_Ghost, I've already tried limiting the MAX # of fleet officers to 3, which is what that patch I originally posted did. Already added a new version, I'll see if it does ignore the limit.
 Grimscythe
01-27-2006, 8:39 PM
This mod is awesome!

The only qualm I have is the AI.
It's WAY too easy. Even on hard difficulty, as either rebels or imperials, all I had to do was rush all the planets with the initial fleet. Once I did that I only fight the one space and ground battle on Hoth/Byss which is far too easy since for the space battle I have around 30 MonCal's/ISD's and for the ground battle I have 50 or 60 Assault Speeders/AT-AT's. I find it odd that the AI takes so long to mobilize their initial force. Is there anyway to change this?
 LSD25
01-27-2006, 8:43 PM
I love it!

but...

IMPS: AT-AT's and something that can take out air units, even plex...

REBS: artillery... turbo lasers are a bich y0!
 Grey_Ghost
01-27-2006, 8:51 PM
Use Rockets on T4b Tanks, though not during a sand storm

THE AI GOT FUBARED
I'm not sure what happened. I'll fix it as soon as I figure it out.
 wswordsmen
01-27-2006, 11:23 PM
I was playing the empire tech 1 campagin and I had just conquered every planet but Hoth (no combat) and was conslidating my forces at the next planet from and somehow at what seemed like an arbetrary time I got an exception. (Nothing had just finshed on my side the game)
 Empirecitizen
01-28-2006, 1:13 AM
So, someone has tried out the hypervelocity gun. How does it work?
Is it more godly than the ion cannon? i never got a chance to use them coz the A.I. only attacked me once with 2 squads Y-wings.
 Grey_Ghost
01-28-2006, 1:33 AM
Ion disables ships, the Hypervelocity gun out right destroys them. It packs a mean punch.

I'm starting to feel that by the time I'm finally done working on this, the game will have hit the shelves. I just hope I can get the AI off it's arse so I myself can actually play it...sigh.
 Empirecitizen
01-28-2006, 2:53 AM
Played the new version in small map with empire full tech,
the Rebel AI ignores the limit and they are still dumb
Reducing the firing rate of the ion cannons/hypervelocity gun is ok, but not buildable? then we wont have a chance to use them. Maybe make it a bit more expensive.
 Grey_Ghost
01-28-2006, 10:20 AM
Apparently the small map is somehow responsible for the unstoppable Fleet Commanders and unresponsive Empire AI. Try playing the big universe.

I'm working on another update, so far the Rebels build tons Speeders and Infiltrators. Meh...
 SFRMAINE
01-28-2006, 10:55 AM
i really like your mod however like many other posters have said the AI sometimes never fights or takes other planets.

BTW when i play as the imperials how to you get the ISD? i have built the research facility but i still cannot build them, even with my space stations at level 6.
 Grimscythe
01-28-2006, 11:21 AM
Where's the Full Universe version?
 sherlockemery
01-28-2006, 12:18 PM
It's in the XML folder of the mod. It has the words Full Universe (faction/tech level) type name for it's respective file.

Can't we use one of the old difficulty files that worked from an earlier version?
 Leron
01-28-2006, 12:28 PM
you cannot build ISD while you dont have some of planets(read the information abut ISD in the tech list) as soo as you capture one of that planets, you can build that Capital ships
 Admiral Sith
01-28-2006, 1:16 PM
Apparently the small map is somehow responsible for the unstoppable Fleet Commanders and unresponsive Empire AI. Try playing the big universe.

No, some of the mods activate the Galactic AI its not the big universe
 sherlockemery
01-28-2006, 1:51 PM
No, some of the mods activate the Galactic AI its not the big universe

So, would one of the old difficulty/ai files from this mod work?
 IC_zewi
01-28-2006, 3:18 PM
So, would one of the old difficulty/ai files from this mod work?
It might, i havent looked at the all the files.. but u can try it just make sure u save before trying it!!!
 Goldenshadow
01-28-2006, 3:58 PM
Nerfing the planetary ion cannon and hypervelocity gun recharge is fine, but removing the ability to build more is not fair. How often does the home planet ever get attacked.

And can you increase the AI aggresiveness once you get it to work again. I can pretty easily overpower the enemy right now since it usually waits to attack me until it has gotten a huge fleet which is unnessesarily large.

and see about activating space retreating
 IC_zewi
01-28-2006, 4:16 PM
Nerfing the planetary ion cannon and hypervelocity gun recharge is fine, but removing the ability to build more is not fair. How often does the home planet ever get attacked.

And can you increase the AI aggresiveness once you get it to work again. I can pretty easily overpower the enemy right now since it usually waits to attack me until it has gotten a huge fleet which is unnessesarily large.

and see about activating space retreating

try this i changed a few thigs in the AI.. and tell me what u think.. i might have missed a few things as i only tested it for about 15min!!!

http://www.geocities.com/tpoz34/IMPROVEDAI.zip)
 Three60
01-28-2006, 5:58 PM
Good job! This is my favorite mod for this game now.
Why did the Imps just sit on Coruscant while I took over the entire galaxy (Full Universe)? I fought the main fleet twice, both different games, and the fleet never changes size. The harderst part was thinking of how to destroy the power generator once on land. Don't get me wrong, the fight itself was hard, but they just sat on Coruscant.
 Grey_Ghost
01-28-2006, 6:35 PM
I never touched the AI file, Bryan't already boosted it to the level people complained it was too hard.

The small universe is responsible for the endless Fleet Commanders. I don't know why, but it only happens there in my latest tests. Also the Empire AI seems to just go into a super build up phase for an attack it will NEVER run. The version of the large universe that works are ones where the Empire AI starts with a few planets, which seems to get them going.

I will make the Ion/Hypervel buildable again. I disabled it for AI reasons, but I no longer need to do that. However if you want the AI to build them, I need to remove the Power Generator requirement, since the AI won't build build them(and that's the one thing that has remained untouched).
 Three60
01-28-2006, 6:45 PM
Okay, just played again with the patch for difficulty, and I have to say it was harder. They killed all my capital ships. And fighters, and most everything else. I won, but it killed tons.
But still, why don't they expand off of Coruscant? I played a mod where they tried to attack me, could you see if that's possible? That' smy only problem. I took the entire galaxy with an X-Wing and 1 Trooper. They never did anything.
 Grey_Ghost
01-28-2006, 8:14 PM
New Release Coming soon. It will be a Major one functionality wise. I've Tricked the AI into making Power Generators, and therefore they build shields, Ions, etc.. logically! I think this next one will be the best. However, it will only be the Full Universe, and each side starts out with several planets. Also, a Level 1 Space Station will be able to build all Space Ships, for AI reasons.
 Goldenshadow
01-28-2006, 9:43 PM
Does the agressive AI patch make them harder in the tactical battles, or on the galactic map? Because I was wanting the galactic AI to be tougher too.

If that AI aggresiveness patch from a few posts up works ( I haven't tried it yet) Can incorporate that too.

BTW, why isn't Kuat in the full universe.

And I think I've built shield generators on planets before without making a power generator. There was a power generator on the tactical land map, but not on the galactic map
 IC_zewi
01-28-2006, 9:49 PM
Does the agressive AI patch make them harder in the tactical battles, or on the galactic map? Because I was wanting the galactic AI to be tougher too.

If that AI aggresiveness patch from a few posts up works ( I haven't tried it yet) Can incorporate that too.

BTW, why isn't Kuat in the full universe.

And I think I've built shield generators on planets before without making a power generator. There was a power generator on the tactical land map, but not on the galactic map

try it out like i said i only tested it for about 15min...i no Three60 tested through the hole game.. test it out let me no if i need to fix a few things i need feed back to no what needs to be changed or what does not for the AI!!
 Grey_Ghost
01-28-2006, 10:56 PM
Bryant's 2.0 removed Kuat. Not sure why, but I already put it back in the list.

I don't know if IC_zweki's AI tweak does antyhing for the small universe, but it really doesn't matter. Since there is no stopping the endless Fleet Commander bug, seriously something very odd is going on there.
 Iamme
01-28-2006, 11:35 PM
Ghost, do you have a AI folder in you XML override folder?
If so, try deleting it.

PS: How'd you trick the AI into building generators?
 IC_zewi
01-29-2006, 12:51 AM
Thanku to Bryant's & Grey_Ghost's for this great MOD..
 Grey_Ghost
01-29-2006, 6:24 AM
Yes I have an AI folder, but not when the bugs started. New nersion requires certain AI files/lua scripts that must be used for the AI to work well.

Making them cost 10,000creds is a fix? Punishes the player

New update about to go up!
DO NOT USE ANY OF THESE PATCHWORK FIXES WITH NEW VERSION!
Certain key names have changed and will they WILL NOT be compatible, or needed anymore.

Post in the new thread once it is up please.
 KhaosNite
01-29-2006, 9:01 AM
Seeing as how your other NEW thread was closed, Id consider changing this to match what you posted before.

By the way, I was playing the Empire Full Tech with 2.5 and the rebels were atacking me in many directions ON EASY. Although with a bit of editing I made my ISD's spawn about 10 tie fighters and 5 bomber squadrons which was really laggy. maybe make the Easy AI not so hard ina 2.5.1 or something. Think 1 ISD/system is enough don't yah think? since the AI is so tough
Page: 1 of 3