Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Next Objective: New Maps

Page: 1 of 1
 boranchistanger
01-22-2006, 1:52 PM
Between the Ultimate Mod, Bryant's Mod and Chriz mod the modding community has done a fantastic job with adding new units, expanding the galaxy and more.

Now it's time that we look into creating some custom maps. Using the file extractor on the Maps.meg file, I was able to get the following ART folder.

http://europe-history.com/eawmod/ART.rar)

Is there any way to use this to produce some different maps? Can it be done with text editing or is it solely a 3D editor thing?

-Boran
 Grompie
01-22-2006, 2:37 PM
Between the Ultimate Mod, Bryant's Mod and Chriz mod the modding community has done a fantastic job with adding new units, expanding the galaxy and more.

Now it's time that we look into creating some custom maps. Using the file extractor on the Maps.meg file, I was able to get the following ART folder.

http://europe-history.com/eawmod/ART.rar)

Is there any way to use this to produce some different maps? Can it be done with text editing or is it solely a 3D editor thing?

-Boran

I'm having the same question to
 shadowsfm
01-22-2006, 2:50 PM
it would be cool to do something with the tute maps and title screan space map
 Iamme
01-22-2006, 5:19 PM
Shadow, those are those files...
 DanteRenEvo
01-22-2006, 5:31 PM
I am pretty sure a map editor will be released with the game, making something of this proportion is really not worth the time when it will be coming soon.
 Iamme
01-22-2006, 7:24 PM
How muchdo you want to bet that they'll be changing their EULA so nobody can (legally) copy the game files to the demo? :P
 Animask
01-22-2006, 7:29 PM
never heard of her. HAHAHAHA :smash:
 xhh2a
01-22-2006, 7:29 PM
a lot...but why? I mean even if you could, it would be seriously bugged and you can't save.
I'll be buying or borrowing it from a friend
Page: 1 of 1