Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

KOTOR 3 species idea (Playing an Alien in KotOR III)

Page: 1 of 2
 i like cheese
01-22-2006, 12:02 AM
i would LOVE to be able to play as a wookie or yoda's species

man..if we could turn wookies into jedi....think of the possibilities...
 Hallucination
01-22-2006, 11:32 AM
So we could play as a short guy with bad grammar or a walking carpet? No thank you.
 Jae Onasi
01-22-2006, 11:11 PM
I'll take the little old green guy with funny ears and bad grammar any day. :)
 Com Raven
01-23-2006, 2:26 AM
Hmm, well, there is something loveable about Yoda. Question is only if he is loveable enough to make me want to play as one of his species ;)
 90SK
01-23-2006, 2:34 AM
I wouldn't mind a wookiee jedi, but a "yoda" is pushing it. One or the other, for me. Wookiee preferred.
 Ztalker
01-23-2006, 6:23 AM
Agreed....

The Yoda-species needs to keep it's mysterious-ness :)
I'd make a Kel-Dor or a Wookie right away it will be possible!

Would add some replay value to the game too :D
 xmovingpicturesx
01-23-2006, 6:41 AM
Tyvokka was pretty cool, but *being* a wookie wouldn't be too great. Or a... wi... a... green, frog, thing. I would like to be like Zabrak Iridonian. They could let you pick your own horn combinations and "skin" and what-not. Would be really interesting.
 Winzum93
01-23-2006, 8:45 AM
maybe i can do that for you, kamir sarin...
 JediMaster12
01-23-2006, 10:27 AM
We had a poll thread asking the same question about whether or not we wanted to play as an alien species. To be honest I don't think so not only on the part of the devs but to me it just wouldn't seem right.
 Venom750
01-23-2006, 12:29 PM
I like to see different speices but not wookies and a little green wouldn't work as a main dude
 Aurora Merlow
01-24-2006, 5:33 AM
I wouldn't mind if the was a NPC of Yoda's race or of course another wookie, but playing them as a main character, i don't think i'd like that it would be too hard to talk to people
 Cygnus Q'ol
01-24-2006, 7:39 AM
...mayby as a PC party member, but, not as the main character.
 *Atris*
01-24-2006, 12:31 PM
Twilek, Zabrak (but like those in Jedi Academy)

But a Cathar id love!!
 JediMaster12
01-24-2006, 12:50 PM
...mayby as a PC party member, but, not as the main character.

Quoted for emphasis!!
 90SK
01-24-2006, 2:36 PM
Twilek, Zabrak (but like those in Jedi Academy)

But a Cathar id love!!

Agreed. A full male Cathar would be interesting indeed, even as just an NPC. I just want to meet one.

And a JA-esque female Zabrak would be...very stimulating. Diversify the species encounters, you know?
 xmovingpicturesx
01-24-2006, 5:41 PM
maybe i can do that for you, kamir sarin...

Do what? I don't understand.
 R3d Arch
01-24-2006, 8:00 PM
Do what? I don't understand.
He might make a mod for you Kamir.
 xmovingpicturesx
01-25-2006, 12:34 AM
Ahh, I was just stupid I guess.
 Shem
01-25-2006, 8:41 PM
I'd actually would like to be a Zabrak if I couldn't be human.
 xmovingpicturesx
01-25-2006, 11:43 PM
I loved Bao-Dur in TSL. He's the guy who really hooked me on Zabraks. Actually, weird stroy: before I played TSL, I hadn't seen the prequels, or even bought a comic. So I guess you could say my SW non-OT fandom has stemmed from the very concept of Zabraks.
 Sith_Reven
01-26-2006, 12:12 AM
I don't mean to shoot this idea down horribly but the kotor games just need to have human players. It is just the way it has to be. I don't know quite how to explain this but i'll try. Me as a gamer can personally relate to the character through his or her actions. I play the way my mood is that day and playing a little green fellow is fine...if I am playing jedi outcast or academy. The kotor storyline needs a player with more feeling about it. The human player can express more emotion. It cracks me up to think of a raging darkside yoda running around slashing ankles and screaming war cries. Wraaaghgaaa!!!!!!! Hurt you I will!Eat you after done am I!!. This is my opinion, please don't kill me.

Edit: hehe right after I have bashed this idea I suppose it would be alright to be a miraluka or a zabrak....humanoid like.
 xmovingpicturesx
01-26-2006, 1:58 AM
The kotor storyline needs a player with more feeling about it. The human player can express more emotion.

See, you've got to remember that the stroyline shapes the character. There are uncountable (is that a word?) ways to explain why a rodian, wookie, or even a selkath could display human characteristics, or speak in Galactic Basic. Maybe they were taken by the jedi after their parents died when they were young? Maybe they ran away from home when they were young and found shelter among the humans? Think of it this way, your character is a wookie jedi who uses Galactic Basic. That wouldn't just be unique to world withing the game, but also to the entire expanded universe.
 JediMaster12
01-26-2006, 9:24 AM
True the storyline does shape your character and there is evidence of alien Jedi. As for aliens learning Galactic Basic, haven't you heard of Star Trek with its mission to explore strange new worlds, to boldly go where no man has gone before? Exploration would have helped. Remember KOTOR where the One said that Revan had used the Force to rip Rakatan language from their minds and drove Basic into their skulls? To go back on topic, I would rather have an alien species be an NPC, not a PC.
 i like cheese
01-26-2006, 10:37 PM
i agree w/ you...i play the same way...but after im done playing through a few times...it WOULD be fun to make a dark side yoda...it simply adds more replay value
 vader815
01-27-2006, 9:06 AM
I wouldn't mine having a companion wookie and/or yoda species but I wouldn't want to play has them.
 Sith_Reven
01-28-2006, 4:36 PM
Good point here with the after game comedy of playing with Yoda species. I wrote that a couple nights ago and I guess I was verstimmt oder bцse. anyway, if the character can speak basic and looks cool...why not?
 xmovingpicturesx
01-28-2006, 10:26 PM
Okay, what if they put extra species in as unlockables? You beat the game on lightside, you unlock Twi'leks, Wookies, and Yoda-dudes. You beat it on darkside, you get Rodians, Trandoshans, and Zabraks.
 Winzum93
01-29-2006, 4:36 AM
a bantha pc :nutz1:
 xmovingpicturesx
01-29-2006, 5:09 AM
Oh, God, I hope your joking. ^_^
 Winzum93
01-29-2006, 7:44 AM
duh...
 xmovingpicturesx
01-30-2006, 1:04 AM
duh... I knew you were joking, just making a comment.
 Phaedra36
01-30-2006, 1:26 AM
And you guys have to remember in Kotor 1, I forgot what his name was but one of the Masters of the Jedi Enclave was a Yoda species and he did not speak backwards.
 Prime
01-30-2006, 9:00 AM
And you guys have to remember in Kotor 1, I forgot what his name was but one of the Masters of the Jedi Enclave was a Yoda species and he did not speak backwards.That is because Yoda is actually the dumbest of his species...
 xmovingpicturesx
01-30-2006, 9:32 AM
I've read a lot of the old posts, so let me make a point. Let's say that every member of this board played as a human through the game once. Then they all decided to go through game again, but as a different species. What species would you like to play as the second time around? It seems that everyone is just stating no for this species, no for that. Especially to the wookies and yodas. Everybody knows that the canon pc would have to be human. So when you complete the game as a human, what species does everybody want to play as the second time around? Maybe wording it this way will open some minds.
 Jaraen
01-30-2006, 9:42 AM
You all remember that Jedi Guy with alot tentacles as hairs in Episode 2 ? This species woould i like to chose. Anyway i dislike the idea to chose only one race ( human ) in Kotor3.
 JediMaster12
01-30-2006, 3:40 PM
Welcome to the forum Jaraen!

To answer your question that Jedi's name was Kit Faso. I'm not sure of his species but I think Rob may know. I don't have any prejudices against alien species in fact I thought of them as members of the team when playing the game. I prefer the PC be a human because in the Star Wars universe most of the main heroes are human like Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, etc. After playing as a huamn I looked at the possibility of maybe trying to play as a twilek or something from a mod. In my opinion, it just doesn't have a Star Wars feel to me. Aliens aren't bad, they have their own talents and have done some amazing things, except for Hutts, but I prefer being a human at least for the initial run of the game.
 igyman
01-30-2006, 3:50 PM
Irritated correction: His name was Kit FISTO!!
 JediMaster12
01-30-2006, 4:27 PM
My apologies. I speed type too fast. I did remember that his first name was Kit and he meets a tragic end in Ep 3.
 i like cheese
01-31-2006, 8:58 PM
I've read a lot of the old posts, so let me make a point. Let's say that every member of this board played as a human through the game once. Then they all decided to go through game again, but as a different species. What species would you like to play as the second time around? It seems that everyone is just stating no for this species, no for that. Especially to the wookies and yodas. Everybody knows that the canon pc would have to be human. So when you complete the game as a human, what species does everybody want to play as the second time around? Maybe wording it this way will open some minds.

thanks for rewording it, that's what i meant
 JediMaster12
01-31-2006, 10:51 PM
I see. Well second time around I would play as a ... Zabrak. Yep they are cool heck I'd go with a Calamari
 Rok_stoned
02-02-2006, 12:02 AM
I'll take the little old green guy with funny ears and bad grammar any day.

ewww.

That is because Yoda is actually the dumbest of his species...

SHUT UP! HES Dyslexic!!!!
 JediMaster12
02-02-2006, 11:40 AM
Yoda may be dyslexic but you don't have to rant and scream about it. There is no emotion, there is peace. If I had a choice as to an alien species I want tagging along with me it would be a Yoda like character and I've often wondered about a Togorian Jedi of even a pirate. What do think?
 igyman
02-03-2006, 4:07 PM
Yoda is the best character in the Star Wars movie saga!

Now, as for KoTOR - we've already had Vandar in KoTOR 1, in TSL we found out that he died in the destruction of the Miraluka homeworld, so he could appear as a Force Ghost, but maybe him appearing for the third time would be a bad idea (just as the idea of having a Wookie in your party for the third time), KoTOR 3 should be more original than that.
 JediMaster12
02-03-2006, 4:21 PM
Then I guess we should have a Togorian pirate or even a Calamari. How's that for new NPC's?
 igyman
02-03-2006, 4:30 PM
I'm not familiar with the Togorians, but I'd sure like to see one. The more species that were not encountered in the first two parts, the better!
 xmovingpicturesx
02-05-2006, 6:59 AM
Nobody can return as force ghosts. Nobody. According to the movies, Qui-Gon (being the badass death cheater that he is) was the first to control/discover the afterlife. If anything these dudes will have to come back as holocrons.
 Hallucination
02-05-2006, 11:13 AM
^Ajunta Pall? Marka Ragnos? Quite-Gone Jim Qui-Gon was the one who found it again, not discovered it in the first place.
 i like cheese
02-05-2006, 12:52 PM
hallucination is right
 JediMaster12
02-06-2006, 2:00 AM
Yes and Obi-wan was able to manifest visibly.

@ igyman: From my understanding about Togorians, they have fur that I think is orange in color. I haven't seen a picture of them but upon hearing the fur part, I imagined them to be the furry edition of Juhani, just orange and mean to the boot.
 RedHawke
02-06-2006, 2:28 AM
I'm not familiar with the Togorians, but I'd sure like to see one.
Click Here! (http://www.rancorpit.com/togorian.shtml) The pic and stats comes straight from the WEG D6 RPG. :D

That site has a ton of the races from the D6 RPG, my personal favorites are the Coynites (http://www.rancorpit.com/coynite.shtml). ;)
Page: 1 of 2