Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

KOTOR 3 species idea (Playing an Alien in KotOR III)

Page: 2 of 2
 90SK
02-06-2006, 3:44 PM
^Ajunta Pall? Marka Ragnos? Quite-Gone Jim Qui-Gon was the one who found it again, not discovered it in the first place.

Not to mention Morgan Katarn from JKO.

I think things would be much more simple if George Lucas had just cut the scene where Yoda talks about Qui-Gon. I mean, the only clear purpose it had was to spark endless debate about past force ghosts by fans.

@ RH

The Togorians sound a bit like Wookiees, only more feline, and slightly more dangerous (angry leopard > angry monkey :xp: ). It'd be great to see one in K3.
 Beast-Thrasher
02-06-2006, 4:19 PM
As goes for species, you're probably going to play as a human...being a Twi'liek wouldn't be too bad but meh, you'll probably be human anyway. As for people on your team in KOTOR 1 you had Juhani (Cathar), Zaalbar (Wookie), and Mission (Twi'liek) and the droids...naw there not aliens...KOTOR 2 if you don't count the droids as anything special you get Hanharr (Wookie) if your a big meany so I dunno, not enough diversity for me.
In KOTOR 3 I would like to see an Ithorian be on your team, A Twi'liek like Master Zhar but only he will solely speaks Twi'liek to say...preserve his language instead of loosing it to Basic, also I wouldn't have any problem with having another wookie but maybe have an older more wiser one, that has seen war and been around the galaxy and knows things that most Wookies would be like W T F mate? As goes for last on my list it would be killer if there was a yoda type character on your team like master Vandar, for all purposes it would just be soo rade lol...
 JediMaster12
02-06-2006, 5:33 PM
What's an Ithorian to do? They are pacifists and don't believe in bloodshed. As an NPC I hope for but possibly not a Togorian. It would be kind of neat.
 Beast-Thrasher
02-06-2006, 6:43 PM
Well one day I was watching the clone wars thingy and I noticed that there was an Ithorian with a lightsaber, and not every person of the same species are all pacifist or are all war crazed people, there are exceptions in everyone. Also for the Ithorians I would very much doubt it if every* single one of them was a goody goody.
 90SK
02-07-2006, 2:55 PM
@JediMaster12

Ithorians would be perfect for a jedi role, simply because they're peaceful-minded by nature (or "goody-goody", or whatever :xp: ). And they'd look fantastic, to boot. Ithorians are likeable, kind of like sheep or goldfish.
 JediMaster12
02-07-2006, 3:28 PM
You may have a point there. Maybe I'm just that way because of the way they were portrayed in TSL and I just remember Chodo Habat saying that one of his herd was a Jedi. If they could be Jedi I would see them more along the lines of a consular or a healer. What if we had an NPC the same species as Shak Ti (forgive me if I spelled it wrong)? That an a Togorian, fightin team!
 igyman
02-07-2006, 3:42 PM
Ithorians would be perfect for a jedi role, simply because they're peaceful-minded by nature (or "goody-goody", or whatever ). And they'd look fantastic, to boot. Ithorians are likeable, kind of like sheep or goldfish.

I must agree, an Ithorian jedi would be a great party member.

@RedHawke:

Thanks for the link, just saw the pictures of both races you provided and they look great - the Togorians look kinda like werewolves (or maybe werecats) and the Coynites have that armor that looks a little medieval, but really great.
 Timberwolf 21
02-07-2006, 4:34 PM
Ithorian would be great yes , and something different would be cool. like half droid like general Grievous
 RedHawke
02-07-2006, 9:17 PM
@ RH

The Togorians sound a bit like Wookiees, only more feline, and slightly more dangerous (angry leopard > angry monkey :xp: ). It'd be great to see one in K3.
Actually from the way I have seen them played, they really have the dual nature of felines, docile and agressive, this makes them far more dangerous than Wookiees IMHO. ;)

@RedHawke:

Thanks for the link, just saw the pictures of both races you provided and they look great - the Togorians look kinda like werewolves (or maybe werecats) and the Coynites have that armor that looks a little medieval, but really great.
You are welcome! :D

I think of the Coynites as Wars versions of Trek Klingons with their own twist. That armor of theirs is pretty sweet. So are their native weapons. Add to this they naturally respect the Jedi/Sith, and any other warrior. In one campaign we had a Mandalorian and a Coynite, they were our party's Bash Brothers, it was so cool! They could clear out a Cantina in seconds! :lol:
 Master Kavar
02-08-2006, 2:33 AM
I'm all for diversifying the races of your NPC's, but for the love of my ear drums, no Ithorians please! I absolutely cannot stand their bizzare double voiced gibberish, so much so that I'm tempted to help Czerka on Citadel Station even when I'm playing the light side!
 JediMaster12
02-08-2006, 10:40 AM
@ Master Kavar: What about a Togorian or even Shak Ti's species? (forgive my spelling of her name)
 i like cheese
05-06-2006, 4:50 PM
Don't you think it'd be awesome if you could play yoda when he was really young? Like playing him while he was a padawan, then he goes on and saves the old republic. That could be how everyone knows about him in the future.
 Diego Varen
05-06-2006, 4:53 PM
No it wouldn't be a good idea, as Yoda wouldn't even be born then and if he was, he would be dead before TPM.
 woogiee
05-08-2006, 3:22 PM
@ Master Kavar: What about a Togorian or even ShaAk Ti's species? (forgive my spelling of her name)

hehe couldnt help it

but back on topic, i think a Morgukai (warrior race of Nikto) for a darkside party npc would be cool
 Jasper_Kazai
05-08-2006, 3:36 PM
I'd love to play as another species other than human. I'd probably pick a human first, but I'd definitely look foward to playing as a Twi'lek or something. A Trandoshan would be a good species for dark side.
 Browny11uk
05-11-2006, 12:51 PM
What if you could be a sith i mean a real sith like the extict species or are they.

Lol i thought of something funny star wars one was like my first star wars experience & i thought the sith was Darth Mauls speices.

But we all know what the sith look like beacuse of the animated series the clone wars
( there pale white all over & are bald)
 woogiee
05-11-2006, 1:04 PM
Browny11uk, Asajj isnt a "true" sith
 i like cheese
05-12-2006, 10:11 PM
I'd play first as a Human, but afterwards, i'd love to play as new species. It'd definatley add more replayability....did i just make up a new word??

Maybe each species has a special trait or power.

Example
________
Wookie: Strength
 Prime
05-15-2006, 12:00 PM
I suppose they could disable all the romance stuff if you chose a different species...
 Jasper_Kazai
05-15-2006, 1:43 PM
There are plenty of species mods for KotOR II, but what bugs me is that 90% of those mods are female Twi'leks. The only males I have seen are a Devoranian and a male Twi'lek. It's pretty limiting.
 90SK
05-15-2006, 1:50 PM
Characters in both games often refer to the Exile as just "human". This wouldn't be possible if there were other species options, and that would be detrimental to the fluidity of dialogue. And it would be a big hassle to compensate for with scripts and dialogue variations.
 ChAiNz.2da
05-15-2006, 2:19 PM
Characters in both games often refer to the Exile as just "human". This wouldn't be possible if there were other species options, and that would be detrimental to the fluidity of dialogue. And it would be a big hassle to compensate for with scripts and dialogue variations.
Still.. it would be a nice option.

Using string tokens in dialogues, such as ones KotOR's or TSL stringtokens.2da for descriptions would be an option (like you stated though.. a large hassle) but it would be, in theory, possible...

Similar to the <FullName> feature modder's use to place the player's name in an item description, you could use a token for race/species...

Now, whether this is possible for dialogues is a different story, but it'd be something worth looking into :D
 Jasper_Kazai
05-15-2006, 3:05 PM
Characters in both games often refer to the Exile as just "human". This wouldn't be possible if there were other species options, and that would be detrimental to the fluidity of dialogue. And it would be a big hassle to compensate for with scripts and dialogue variations.If they can do female and male, then they can do species.
 Hoboknight
05-15-2006, 11:12 PM
Play Yoda you will! Bad taste in your mouth you with have. <Hummm hmmmm>
 Prime
05-16-2006, 12:03 PM
There are plenty of species mods for KotOR II, but what bugs me is that 90% of those mods are female Twi'leks. The only males I have seen are a Devoranian and a male Twi'lek. It's pretty limiting.Why don't you make your own then? ;)
 Sith_Lord_Alzar
06-06-2006, 12:28 PM
make it so we can pick race height etc.
that would be kool instead of just being human
Page: 2 of 2