Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Bryant's Mod V1.5 -The BEST EaW Mod Out There!

Page: 1 of 1
 JediBdm
01-21-2006, 12:42 PM
1.5 Zip:
http://www.eawnexus.gamingsource.net/mods/Bryant's%20Mod%20R1.5.zip)
1.5 Rar:
http://www.eawnexus.gamingsource.net/mods/Bryant's%20Mod%20R1.5.rar)

This is Release 1 of Bryants Mod. This mod edits the EaW Demo WITHOUT tampering with the exe file in any way.

Features (All meaning all that are in the demo):
Full Universe
All Buildings
All Fighters
Imperial AI
Trade Routs
Heros
Aggresive Imperials who ATTACK YOU. (For Some Reason only they only do it on hardmode)
Whats New?:
No More Death Star
New Rebel Units
Empire Unlocked
All Empire Tech
Realistic EaW Campain
Pirate Fleets

Please give all credit to Bryant Malaski (Bryant.Malaski@gmail.com)

To Instal:

Copy the XML Folder that is in the RAR or Zip to your Star Wars Empire at War Demo\Gamedata\Data\ Folder

To Play as the Empire Copy the Files From ...Demo\Gamedata\Data\XML\Play as Empire Full Tech\ and past them into the XML Folder.
To Play the Level 1 Tech Campaign Copy the Files From ...Demo\Gamedata\Data\XML\Demo Campaign Level 1 Tech Start\ and past them into the XML Folder.
To Go Back to the Original Version Copy the Files From ...Demo\Gamedata\Data\XML\Default Rebel Files Backup\ into the XML folder.

Known Bugs:

Imperial Space Stations Final 4% can only be destroyed by fighters
Invisible Buildings
Rebel AI Not Working
 Minniboobs
01-21-2006, 1:16 PM
I seem to get error message as soon as i enter space battle
 enterman
01-21-2006, 2:15 PM
works perfect for me when using the Demo Campaign Level 1 Tech Start. Very fun. Havnt tried the empire yet with this.
 Minniboobs
01-21-2006, 2:20 PM
does it crash if u send obi wan into imp space occupied zone? it does with me
 DarthMaulUK
01-21-2006, 2:38 PM
The error happens when you attack the planet bottom of Hoth. I think its under Pirate control. If you carry on as normal and not attack it, you should be fine. I also went to that planet and managed to take control of it without a space battle, but after doing this, my cursor kept going to the left and i couldnt move right.

DMUK
 GhOsT-Jedi
01-21-2006, 2:49 PM
How do you play as the empire? I can't seem to find a way how...
 Minniboobs
01-21-2006, 2:51 PM
it crashed for me when imp invaded my fleet which was only obi wan and some ground troops over naboo
 GhOsT-Jedi
01-21-2006, 2:52 PM
k, it will crash if obi gets in a space fight, and nm about my last post... i dont want to do all that work to play as the imperals and not have the rebels fight back lol.
 Minniboobs
01-21-2006, 2:59 PM
I also cant seem to start the battle if im attacking the Death Star. I press the battle beguin button repeatedly but it wont commence
 Cox_
01-21-2006, 3:02 PM
yeah this is a common bug with most of the demo MODS.
 Mr. DancyRobot
01-21-2006, 4:00 PM
i cant start a space battle either, as soon as i invade sullust it crashes.
 Warstomp
01-21-2006, 4:26 PM
Yea i cant do any space battles not one.
 Minniboobs
01-21-2006, 4:41 PM
I get some space battles. some ground battles with obiwan and infiltrators crash. I havent seen obiwan in action or any infiltrators. crashes with deathstar too
 TheMeanestGuest
01-21-2006, 5:29 PM
Whenever I try to do any sort of battle at all... I just get a looping begin screen thing. Does anyone know of any mods that actually work?
 JediBdm
01-21-2006, 5:53 PM
Do you guys not know how to install this? Its just a simple copy + past of the xml folder, and thats all you do for everything, C+P the files, no code editing needed.

Also, certain units make the ground/space battles crash, removing them for a patch.
 Mr. DancyRobot
01-21-2006, 5:54 PM
you should uninstall any previous mods before using this one! alot of the problems i had was with conflicting mods.

ps. pretty stable mod for being made only 3 days after the demo came out. good job, cant wait for 1.6
 PR-0927
01-21-2006, 6:51 PM
Only problem I found is that in Kashyyyk space, I cannot destroy the space station, meaning that I have to quit, as I cannot retreat. I destroy most of the station, except the station itself. My fleet does not fire upon it after that. Very odd, it is.

- Majin Revan
 Killer_Man
01-21-2006, 7:02 PM
This MOD don't work...... crash in every battle...
 Wiz33
01-21-2006, 10:36 PM
Station will only go down to 40% structure by cap ahip attack, you need to finish the rest with fighter/bomber/maruder.

I have problem with a couple planets that cannot be captured, I get a victory screen and once back in space, it shows to be under imperial control again. Problem iwth Nabbo and one other.

I did have a couple of crash when trying to attack planets but it seems to be random in nature.
 Cox_
01-21-2006, 10:45 PM
yeah there are some general bugs link station and starting battles.
 xhh2a
01-22-2006, 11:07 AM
The crashes are with units unlocked but the model doesn't exist.
I simply don't use certain units.
Don't use:
Darth Vader
Obi-Wan
Luke(don't use for ground)
that imp At-At guy (there are two copies of him in the mod?!)
 Bateman1982
01-22-2006, 12:09 PM
I had trouble with the mod crashing on every space battle, but that's gone away now I've stopped trying to use Darth Vader in space. Does he work in land battles?

Also, has anyone checked how many land maps there are? i.e. what planets can be invaded?

What happens if you try to invade a planet which has no land map ...?
 Iamme
01-22-2006, 1:01 PM
I love the mod, I've only seen one bug so far. When attacking Alderaan there was no model for the rebel (level 3) spacestation. My ships attacked where it should have been but of course I had to quit because there was no retreat option.

Other than that, it's great! Reb AI counter-attacks, ships work, production works, planetary bonuses work. Great mod :D
 Darth Andrew
01-22-2006, 1:08 PM
I love the mod, I've only seen one bug so far. When attacking Alderaan there was no model for the rebel (level 3) spacestation. My ships attacked where it should have been but of course I had to quit because there was no retreat option.Same here. It appears on the map, though. Speaking of space stations, does anyone know what the red grid around a space station is for?
 enterman
01-22-2006, 1:18 PM
Same here. It appears on the map, though. Speaking of space stations, does anyone know what the red grid around a space station is for?
red grid? the only red grid ive ever seen is when u have the reinforcements window open.
 Darth Andrew
01-22-2006, 1:22 PM
That's probably it, although I never knew it appeared when the reinforcements window was open because I always had the window open. :D
 enterman
01-22-2006, 1:28 PM
That's probably it, although I never knew it appeared when the reinforcements window was open because I always had the window open. :D
ya even if u have no reinforcements left, as long as u have the window open the red grid will be there.
 boranchistanger
01-22-2006, 1:30 PM
Here is a fix I made for this mod. Your game should not crash any longer.

http://europe-history.com/eawmod/CAMPAIGNS_SINGLEPLAYER.zip)

Extract file to C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Empire at War Demo\GameData\Data\XML

-Boran
 Wiz33
01-22-2006, 1:39 PM
Planet Planet attack. there seems to be a problem with the building that produce the Imperial grav tank not showing up, they just pop up at the same location in regular interval but there was no visible building. My unit will fire at the empty space for ages without destroying it. I finally drop a bomber run on it and it I won.
 Kurgan
01-22-2006, 2:52 PM
Sounds good. The mod author should incorporate that fix into his mod!

If I have time I'll try out this mod, it sounds interesting. I really just wanted to play the stuff in the regular demo first, but I sort of wanted to skip to Tatooine rather than play those earlier boring missions.
 Darth_Extas
01-22-2006, 3:51 PM
I have seen another thing that is an error in this, you cannot begin a battle on Byss, Naboo, It would let you click begin then reset itself (this is on the loading screen), but overall I found this mod was done well.
 Silencez
01-23-2006, 4:03 AM
Imperial Star Destroyers?

Where can I built those with this mod? I can only built VSD. I remember something about ISD only buildable on Kuat? but, this planet is cut out with this mod. can somebody reactivate it?

thnx!
 augrunt
01-23-2006, 4:04 AM
active on Ultimate mod since 1.0
 Silencez
01-23-2006, 4:10 AM
 augrunt
01-23-2006, 4:10 AM
... the banner dude, theres 1.8 now lol
 Silencez
01-23-2006, 4:12 AM
does this Ultimate mod works with Bryant?

I like the Bryant's mod, as the AI kicks in plus you have acces to the whole map (exept Kuat - I guess this in the only planet for ISD?).
You just have to avoid certain planets and certain hero's/units.
 augrunt
01-23-2006, 4:13 AM
go right for it... the ai attacks u in the ultimate mod also... good luck!
 Silencez
01-23-2006, 4:18 AM
So, to built ISD in your mod, I need to have Kuat?
(any other restrictions in 1.8?)

btw, the ship above "ultimate" in your screen, what type is it? have only seen it once (via a rebel info, strong against)

thnx!
 augrunt
01-23-2006, 4:38 AM
Mon Calamari?... thats what ur talking about... and no theres no restrictions...
 Silencez
01-23-2006, 5:13 AM
no, above. (top of the centrel Tie-fighter window)
just under the E of empirE. looks like some sort of missile corvette...?
Do you also have Home one in your mod? captain Piet destroyer? general veer AT-AT?
 clone_troopa
01-23-2006, 5:19 AM
download the mod and see, the mod dosnt crash as much as bryants and it has only the planets that the demo has maps for (tat/r/kash) etc

yeah he got all ships
 Kurgan
01-23-2006, 1:53 PM
For me the game crashed when I tried to attack Hoth as the Empire...
Page: 1 of 1