Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Empire Mod

Page: 2 of 2
 DarkLord1981
01-24-2006, 2:33 PM
I personally don't know about clashing, but if you use this mod, you will see two Chewies and Solos and 2 Falcons.....which means......a nightmare.

2 falcons took out my fleet of 4 VSDs and its compliment of Ties.
 trimmdogg
01-24-2006, 4:01 PM
just finished playing your new update, and it was awesome, now all i need are more planets, i like that their are 7 though, its a good start, maybe on the next one, add a few more, and maybe some isd's buildable, if its not to much....o and yeah the rebels build way to many han and chewie but oh well...thanks for the great mod
 Silencez
01-24-2006, 4:51 PM
<--v1.1.2--> has OBi one in the game. please remove him.
I had a spacebattle with rebels, where obiwan was in the fleet, thus ending the game.
also, 5 han-solo's- 5 wookies landed on curuscant without me noticing it. very annoying. shouldn't a lvl spacestation prevent that?

for the rest, great mod!!
 chr0n1x
01-24-2006, 8:05 PM
The rebels have an ability called raid where they can attack a planet directly, the same stuff happened to me, but I also had a fleet in orbit.
As for thw 2 han & chewies, I am trying to figure that out, I am going to look at that again, I give them one in the beginning, they should not be able to build more.
 QWAD
01-24-2006, 11:08 PM
Don't lose the demo feal of this mod. That's what I like about it. I don't want a mod with 40 planets and a load of half baked demo material or loaded with impossible actions like building imperial ships as a rebel.
Your mod "keeps it real" so to speak.
 Jaredor
01-24-2006, 11:40 PM
when i try to run swmod it says it failed to start because it cant find binkw32.dll any suggestions cuz this sounds like a fun empire mod and ive been itchin to use a ISD. :vsd:
 Silencez
01-25-2006, 3:01 AM
I hope in the full game, there will be at least one way to block raids... (maybe a lvl5 space station or something similar)

Don't lose the demo feal of this mod. That's what I like about it. I don't want a mod with 40 planets and a load of half baked demo material or loaded with impossible actions like building imperial ships as a rebel.
Your mod "keeps it real" so to speak.

indeed. that's why i like this Empire mod. No too big, not too small
The only stopper is when Obi-wan is on the rebel side (Han-solo's is minor). when you attack, you can scheck if he is there and eliminate him via Bobba Fett.
Big problem however is when the rebels attack with obi-wan in their fleet. then it's CTD and u can't do anything about it. bit frustrating.

chr0n1x, please remove obi-wan (like u did with darth-vader), and i can run the demo without much troubles and no fear of crashing. (or tell me how to remove him in the xml Files and I'll do it myself.)

btw, is it normal the the home-one is so powerfull?
 Silencez
01-25-2006, 2:39 PM
bmp for a quick fix
 DarkLord1981
01-25-2006, 3:04 PM
well, i am sure the full game is gonna be good, i just hope it doesn't spawn stuff like Homeworld 2 did. lol (totally destroyed the game for me)
 chr0n1x
01-25-2006, 11:38 PM
Empire Mod v1.2
by Chr0n1x

Note: I will be adding Kuat, and Mon Calamari next version and then I will be reinstating the requirements for buildding an ISD/MonCal, you will have to control either Sullust, Mon Calamari or Kuat, but don't worry, Kuat will be given to you in the beginning, make sure you hold it!

Changelog:
<--v1.2-->
Enabled Fire HyperVelocity Gun button
Added Story for Empire
Increased Reload Time for Ion Cannon
Ion Cannon does not affect objectives in land battles anymore
Hypervelocity Gun does not affect objectives in land battles anymore
Fixed double hero bug(I think), thanks to DarkArjapa
Added Sullust, Geonosis, Eriadu and Corellia

To install, simply extract & overwrite the xml, Scripts and Text folder to \GameData\Data Folder, this will work with any version of my mod 1.0+
unless specified.

To Uninstall: Delete your xml and Scripts folder, then go into your text folder, delete MasterTextFile_ENGLISH.dat and rename Backup__MasterTextFile_ENGLISH.dat to MasterTextFile_ENGLISH.dat

D/L: http://files.filefront.com/empiremod12rar/;4668202;;/fileinfo.html)

Petroglyph Fan Forums Thread: http://pff.swrebellion.com/index.php?topic=1980.0)
Email: chr0n1x@clonetrooper.com
 IC_zewi
01-26-2006, 12:14 PM
Great stuff man.. now this can get me buy till the full game comes out!!! thanku for your hard work!!
 rderveloy
01-26-2006, 2:27 PM
I'm trying to download the new version now. Does this version allow you to build star destroyers? v1.1.2 one didn't allow it. If this version doesn't allow users to build star destroyers and the death star, I will post a work-around that will allow users to build the required structures to built them.
 brownassociate
01-26-2006, 2:53 PM
"I will be adding Kuat, and Mon Calamari next version and then I will be reinstating the requirements for buildding an ISD/MonCal, you will have to control either Sullust, Mon Calamari or Kuat, but don't worry, Kuat will be given to you in the beginning, make sure you hold it!"

I think this means no ISD or moncal's this version, soon though. I would love to see that work-around so we can build them. Nothing like centering a fleet around an ISD.
 rderveloy
01-26-2006, 3:40 PM
Ok, the new version still won't allow you to build Star Destroyers, so I'lm going to tell you a work-around how to enable it. The problem lies in that starbases higher than level 2 are not allowed to be built in the demo and you need a level 4 starbase to build the imperial star destroyers. However, this can be changed by a quick and simple fix:

Note: Download and install the empire mod 1.2 before doing this. Also, you should always make backup copies of any files you change.

Step 1: Go into the XML directory and open up the STARBASES.XML file.
Step 2: Find the tag <StarBase Name="Empire_Star_Base_3"> and rename it to <StarBase Name="Empire_Star_Base_3a">
Step 3: Find the tag <StarBase Name="Empire_Star_Base_4"> and rename it to <StarBase Name="Empire_Star_Base_4a">
Step 4: Find the tag <StarBase Name="Empire_Star_Base_5"> and rename it to <StarBase Name="Empire_Star_Base_5a">
Step 5: Save and close the file.

Renaming the starbases does not change any in-game mechanics other than allowing you, the player, to build starbases lvl 3 and higher. To build the death star, you'll need a level 5 star base.

Until the mod creators re-instate the requirements of controlling certain planets to build ISDs, you will be able to use this method to build star destroyers on any planet. It should be noted that the level 4 starbase requirement is still there even if you control Kuat, Mon Calamari, or the other planets you need to control to build them.

That's it! Enjoy your new-found ability to build imperial star destroyers and the death star!
 rderveloy
01-26-2006, 3:54 PM
Does anyone know if the textures for the long rage sensor are included in the demo? If so, I'll post how to enable building them. Technique is very simular to the way you enable higher level space stations.
 IC_zewi
01-26-2006, 4:23 PM
this mod isn't very playable because i keep getting exception errors aftert about 15min!!!! sometimes before then what do i do??

Exception in thread 2ADCC - Main Thread
Exception code EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION
The thread tried to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate access.
Attempt to write to address 00000006

Exception occurred at 00400003 - Unknown code pointer

Stack walk:
A6246C0D : Unknown
00000000 : Unknown

Register dump:
Eip:00400003 Esp:0022F568 Ebp:005AFEFF
Eax:00000000 Ebx:00000006 Ecx:13E69838
Edx:005683FD Esi:141DD130 Edi:13E69838
EFlags:00010216
CS:001b SS:0023 DS:0023 ES:0023 FS:003b GS:0000

Bytes at CS:EIP (00400003): 00 03 00 00 00 04 00 00 00 FF FF 00 00 B8 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 40 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 28 01 00 00 0E 1F BA

Stack Dump:
HOLE CRAP LOAD! OF STACK DUMP CODE!!
 chr0n1x
01-26-2006, 5:19 PM
@rderveloy
Are you using the swmod.exe file? If you use that exe then you are allowed to build those starbases.

@IC_zewi
Are you using a clean game of EaW, make sure your game is fresh, and has still got its original Config.meg file in there and there are no other mod files, it should work.
 IC_zewi
01-26-2006, 5:32 PM
@IC_zewi
Are you using a clean game of EaW, make sure your game is fresh, and has still got its original Config.meg file in there and there are no other mod files, it should work.

yea i uninstalled EAW and deleted the lucasarts folder then reinstalled EAW then the mod and it still does it i dont no why!!!
 Tibz
01-26-2006, 9:27 PM
I'm getting exception errors aswell seams to do with rebels doing that direct assault on planets.

Should mention this is a clean install. Is using the swmod.exe better for this mod?
 Tibz
01-26-2006, 10:18 PM
um sry double post here but I just played some more and it crashed again ;(
Rebals attacking a planet with Han/chewie but i'm sure they had some other problem hero in that fleet cuz i'v fought han/chewie and not crashed.

Also why do all the ships attack asteroids? my fleets will jump into a rebal area and start lighting up the asteroids fields beside them.
 Silencez
01-27-2006, 3:15 AM
chr0n1x , thnx for the new update, it works now (obi is gone). played it yesterday t'ill the end without a crash.
I installed it as follows,

clean install
then the 1.0 version (big one)
then 1.1
then 1.11
then 1.12
and now 1.2.

works perfectly. I can also built ISD on LVL4 and Deathstar on LVL5 (LVL = starbases)
this is with 1.2.
 Silencez
01-27-2006, 3:41 AM
plz don't disable the Hero's. the ones in 1.2 are working fine.
like boba fett, Han solo & wookie, R2D2 & C3PO, Mara Jade, Ackbar, Rebel commander in modified corvette, captain Piett.
they all work very good and add any extra flavour to the game.

question; the indictor cruiser normally has 1 tie squadron & 1 bomber squadron. not in the game?
Also, the interdictor has the missile jamming device, although it doesn't seem to be working?
 Tibz
01-27-2006, 4:18 AM
chr0n1x
clean install
then the 1.0 version (big one)
then 1.1
then 1.11
then 1.12
and now 1.2.

You have to install the old releases first? X_x

Most of my heros work but i seam to keep crashing when the rebels sneak past my fleets with certain units.

Clean install
 killerluk
01-27-2006, 5:46 AM
i think i found a bug ...
the rebels use obi wan while he aint playable in game on ground (havent seen him)
after the battle he stays on the planet and when they reattack the same planet
it crashed for me
 DarkArjapa
01-27-2006, 6:22 PM
On the Obi-Wan bug, a quick workaround can be to disable it or replace it by something else.

For the first option (disabling him) just open HEROCOMPANIES.XML in /GameData/Data/Xml/

You can use NOTEPAD, no fear!

Search for Obi_Wan_Team

Browse down until you see this:
<CategoryMask>LandHero</CategoryMask>
<Ranking_In_Category> 2 </Ranking_In_Category>
<Population_Value>1</Population_Value>
</HeroCompany>
and change that line into the following:
<CategoryMask>NonCombatHero</CategoryMask>
<Ranking_In_Category> 2 </Ranking_In_Category>
<Population_Value>1</Population_Value>
</HeroCompany>
That should work. As I haven't experienced this bug myself I cannot tell if it's because it's a fresh mod install or the planets are not correctly alligned or who-knows-what, BUT that little modification should get rid of Obiwan altogether.

Now if you want to keep Obiwan around you can just make him a space unit that will use a regular alliance transport (which means he'll be deadly easy to kill, I'm guessing).

To make him use a transport do exactly the same thing I wrote previously, but instead of NonCombatHero put SpaceHero.

Note that I have NOT experienced this bug/crash, sooo... just use this workaround if the game crashes
 Andy819
01-27-2006, 10:06 PM
The stuff that said to change the info to like 4a and stuff didnt work....
 chr0n1x
01-28-2006, 12:27 AM
Okay for those who keep getting crashes, make sure you use swmod.exe to play the game, some others keep experiencing crashes and this has fixed it.

@Andy819
You do not need to change those, just use swmod.exe, see the 1st post in this thread.
 Tibz
01-28-2006, 1:59 AM
where should we get the exe and what else do we need?
( could you include these in the next release please :) )
 DarkArjapa
01-28-2006, 5:13 AM
My apologies, I assumed everyone was using swmod.exe

You can grab it here (http://www.eawhq.de/index.php?go=downloads&dl_id=10)
Extract the .exe only and put it in the \GameData\ directory
 Andy819
01-28-2006, 9:59 AM
It still wont work :'( is it becasue of past mods i've installed??
 IC_zewi
01-28-2006, 12:47 PM
It still wont work :'( is it becasue of past mods i've installed??
yes uninstall your game delet the lucasarts folder.. and reinstall the game then the mod!!!
 Andy819
01-28-2006, 1:04 PM
What if i have other Lucasarts games?
 Tibz
01-28-2006, 1:26 PM
then only delete the demo folder after you uninstall. You need to do this because the uninstaller won't delete your moded files for you.

Also i finaly got it working my self with the exe, everything was great - as soon as i attacked hoth in a space battle it crashed.
 Andy819
01-28-2006, 1:56 PM
Yes It Worked Thx!!
 kalasas
01-28-2006, 6:25 PM
ok, so can u you just put out a full version and take out the old ones when ur done with em, cuz i want the new one w/o dling the old one.. and do i need just the exe from the Chriz mod, or do i use everything???

thanks much,
:vsd: kalasas :vsd:
 Tibz
01-28-2006, 6:52 PM
You only need the exe and put it in the "GameData" folder
Just had somthing weird happen to me had the death star defend a planet after the planet was blown up. The loading screen appeared but the button won't go into the game. It just sat in the loading screen the button would play its clicked animation and sound but then it would stay at the loading screen.
 kalasas
01-28-2006, 7:01 PM
ok so i dled the http://files.filefront.com/empiremod10_112rar/;4658962;;/fileinfo.html) and i put the exe in from chriz ....
i dont see anything different. no new maps.. nada
so what else do i need to pout in there? do i have to get all teh old versions?? do i have to instrall all of chriz's stuff?? plz tell me, thanks!

kalasas
 honvik
01-28-2006, 7:14 PM
I've had a problem. It is when the revels invade they dont seem to have troops and it stalls then in game on a land battle so I cannot continue the game. Sometimes the rebels bomb and then they retreat but one game i sat for 10 mins the enemy had no troops and nothing would happen :(
 chr0n1x
01-28-2006, 7:24 PM
Hey honvik, if you are talking about a ground battle, the enemy owns a small wall in the top entrance to your base, there was a turret there but your units killed it probably. Just take out the wall to win.

Kalasas the files are all in their right place?
<GameData>\
swmod.exe -Chriz Mod
<Data>\ - The rest from my mod.
<xml>
<Text>
<Scripts>
 kalasas
01-28-2006, 7:28 PM
oops i dont think so haha, my bad
 kalasas
01-28-2006, 8:15 PM
ok what is with the 1 home one ship and like 50 transports being able to take on 4 accs and 2 victory and 2 patrol ships and winning??? wtf???
 kalasas
01-28-2006, 9:02 PM
you cant use the death star evidently... i was able to hold off the unbelieveable rebel fire power long enough to save up 20,000 bucks to get it... i didnt know how to blow a planet, so i sent it in with 4 of the huge star destroyers, 6 mids , 2 smalls , 1 of the ones that blocks the torps and go to atack them... then the game crashed with this exeption thingy... so ya im a lil mad... all that pain staken work for nothing!!
 IC_zewi
01-28-2006, 9:47 PM
oce u take over the planet u can blow it up... but the death star in a sprate fleet and u can blow up a planet just drag it to destroy planet.. like smugglers!!
 kalasas
01-28-2006, 10:30 PM
i didnt have that option.. why do i have to have controll of the planet? i cant break threw the damn home guy to be able to capture a planet and hold it.. i get raided and crap too often to build anything up. is there a way to play as the rebs on this mod??
 rderveloy
01-30-2006, 10:03 AM
Sorry, I wasn't using the .exe from chris. I forgot about that.

Anyways, this mod is great! The AI needs a bit of tuning. Sometimes there are so many rebel transports left over after a battle that it gives my computer a heart attack. My machine, although not "top of the line" is no slouch either; it has a 3.2 GHz processor, 128MB video card, and 2 gigs of ram. The transports need to jump to hyperspace or something once you've crushed all the other rebel forces. The annoying thing is that sometimes there are so many transports that they shred your fighters after a while and you use up all your fighters and bombers and have to run away and come back only to find even more than when you left.

Oh, I also suggest mixing up the space and land maps a bit. The demo also includes a space and land map for Kashyyyk and a land map for Ryloth. There is another space sector in the demo somewhere, but I can't remember what it is for atm.
 TerialPayne
01-30-2006, 4:53 PM
Sorry, I wasn't using the .exe from chris. I forgot about that.

Anyways, this mod is great! The AI needs a bit of tuning. Sometimes there are so many rebel transports left over after a battle that it gives my computer a heart attack. My machine, although not "top of the line" is no slouch either; it has a 3.2 GHz processor, 128MB video card, and 2 gigs of ram. The transports need to jump to hyperspace or something once you've crushed all the other rebel forces. The annoying thing is that sometimes there are so many transports that they shred your fighters after a while and you use up all your fighters and bombers and have to run away and come back only to find even more than when you left.

Oh, I also suggest mixing up the space and land maps a bit. The demo also includes a space and land map for Kashyyyk and a land map for Ryloth. There is another space sector in the demo somewhere, but I can't remember what it is for atm.

I found that if you can mix a few Tarten Cruisers (probably spelled that wrong) in with your fleet, they will chew through the transports in short order.
Page: 2 of 2