Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

What do you like better, space combat or ground combat?

Page: 1 of 1
 smit1000
01-19-2006, 2:58 AM
Hi

I haven't been able to download the demo yet, but i have started to download a torrent (taking ages).

So for those who have played the demo, do you like the space battles better or the ground battles better? And why?

Thanks all.

Smit.
 Servercat
01-19-2006, 3:37 AM
I like the space battles best my self..though it does seem a bit imbalanced at the moment. Space combat seems to favor the cheap, faster vessels(ie zerg) as opposed to any real strategy.

But this is probably due to the limited Tech you have access too in the demo and the speeeding up of unit construction/travel.
 swphreak
01-19-2006, 9:33 AM
Well, like I said here (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=158771), I love the space battle. I agree about the balance issues, needs some fine tuning.
 Spartan025
01-19-2006, 5:29 PM
I like Space battle too it show more action
Ground fight it pretty good also just not as much action(for my opinion)
but this is only the demo more to come later
 killerluk
01-20-2006, 5:45 AM
yup also space battle's, guess it has a lot to do with the fact that there aint been as many space rts games as ground based ones

and ofcourse some of the best moments in the movies are the space battle's :)
 Darth_Extas
01-20-2006, 9:18 AM
I like space battles, always have when you can get a good Cinema camera on the battle. I mainly like it for that reason.
 Master Nikolaos
01-20-2006, 10:41 AM
I also prefer space battles, I don't know wheter its a demo thing, but land battles seem to run in slow motion...
 RC2080
01-20-2006, 10:47 AM
Space battles are what Star Wars are known for, so that's why it's more entertaining to see your favourite ships zoom along instead of weird rebel tanks that you've never seen before get blown up :P
 xhh2a
01-24-2006, 3:47 PM
I also prefer space battles, I don't know wheter its a demo thing, but land battles seem to run in slow motion...
Too True. And with me running the demo on my slow laptop, everything is three fold slower. I have the demo on the desktop(which is much faster) and I swear even there ground battles there are wicked slow.
 Leron
01-25-2006, 5:41 PM
well, I like space combat alot! ya know, that's awesome.. Thouse fighters are moving so fast, that's really kicks a**... blaster shots, fighters... all thouse little objects create a lot of dynamics I think... ground fighting is more Philosofical I guess... they destroyed my AT-AT ... bah! nevermind! I've got a couple of them at the orbit... so My choise is the SPACE COMBAT!!!!!!!
 Jeff
01-27-2006, 12:37 AM
I like Space battles definitely more than ground. Space battles are new to me, and to most people, and they lived up to what I was hoping for.
 MagnaGuard
01-28-2006, 10:22 PM
Space because it's rather annoying on the ground.
 popcorn2008
01-28-2006, 11:25 PM
I have to go with the crowd on this one, space battles! I have always wanted to control my capital ships in space with an RTS and finally I can. The gameplay is really nice, and calling in reinforcments from space is quite amazing.

While the land battles are fun as well, space is what sold me :p
 Commander Obi-Wan
01-29-2006, 12:14 PM
Space Battles....a crowd pleaser. I so far have had much more fun in Space opposed to air. Since I am having a fair amount of trouble dispatching he shield generator on Tatooine.
 wedge2211
01-29-2006, 4:23 PM
I love replaying the space battle in the demo...despite the fact that I can't really give all my ships orders and then settle back into cinematic mode, it's really fun to watch the battle from a cinematic perspective. The sheer number of laser blasts flying between ponderous capital ships with fighter squadrons dogfighting in the background and huge explosions... This really captures the feeling of Star Wars.
Page: 1 of 1