Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

What Star Wars Episode is your favorite?

Page: 1 of 3
 El Sitherino
11-08-2005, 12:50 AM
Tell us what your favorite Star Wars Episode is.
 Crow_Nest
11-08-2005, 1:14 AM
Revenge of the Sith is the new Star Wars king.
 Jan Gaarni
11-08-2005, 1:17 AM
Empire Strikes Back, all the way. :)
 Dagobahn Eagle
11-08-2005, 6:20 AM
The Empire Strikes Back, mostly because it's a departure from the Hollywood "heroes always win". The Alliance has its butt kicked in that movie.

Not to mention that it shows off the Empire as the horrifying killing machine that it is.

Empire Strikes Back all the way, thus, just like Gaarni said.
 Maxor
11-08-2005, 6:59 AM
empire strikes back is my favorite
 starmark2k
11-08-2005, 7:41 AM
Empire by a mile
 PoM
11-08-2005, 11:58 AM
Episode VI: Return of the Jedi.
Because i love it.
 Darth Alec
11-08-2005, 1:16 PM
Empire strikes back by a mile.
 Commander Obi-Wan
11-08-2005, 1:53 PM
Revenge of the Sith....because the battles where more extensive (better technology) and more modern...I just liked it the most.
 Katarn07
11-08-2005, 2:28 PM
I voted Empire just because there's not a bad moment throughout.

ANH is my next favorite but you don't really get into Vader's character much like you do in the other five movies.

RotJ and RotS are tied for third. While they contain most of the best scenes in all of the movies, they also contain some of the worst scenes. I love Anakin's fall and redemption. Order 66 was great as was the Battle of Endor. But the bad things are General Greivous and Han's character in RotJ. Greivous is a pathetic Boba/ Maul/ Jango/ 'cool badguy of the movie' wannabe. Han was no longer a scoundrel and his character changed a bit. Luke actually was the coolest hero of RotJ.

TPM and AotC are pretty much tied at last. I love 'em yet I hate 'em. Liam Neeson and Christopher Lee are awesome. They both have some cool action scenes but contain some very bad scenes as well. I love the podrace and lightsaber duel in TPM, but Jar Jar is annoying and Jake Lloyd sucks. I love the Coruscant action scene and all the parts on Tatooine in AotC, but the love scenes made me wanna puke!

*end rant*

Yeah, ESB for me :cool:
 ZBomber
11-08-2005, 3:52 PM
Jedi has and always will be my favorite.
 Jeff
11-08-2005, 4:22 PM
Revenge of the Sith. By far my favorite movie.
 Snafu7
11-08-2005, 5:12 PM
Revenge of the Sith, Hands down
 nas77
11-08-2005, 5:59 PM
Revenge of the Sith came close, but Return of the Jedi is still number 1 for me.
 DYodaKenobi
11-08-2005, 6:34 PM
I'm torn! Empire Strikes Back for the story hands down! However Revenge of the Sith with the special effects and the saber battles cannot be touched! :duel: :duel: Here's hoping now that we have all six films that an extended version of all will be released! :lsduel:
 Samurai DD
11-08-2005, 8:28 PM
Return of the Jedi. The conclusion to the greatest science fiction saga ever. Great battles, epic duel, great story... well, I admit, ewoks are a little silly. But it's perfect in every other aspect.
 BattleDamage
11-08-2005, 9:18 PM
I'd have to say Empires, because the rebels gettin their butt handed to' em and hoth helps show a large part of the rebellion vs empire story, which i actually enjoy far more than the characters in the movies. (I also like tauntauns lol) ROTJ was very close behind but i just cant stand those ewoks.
 guybroom
11-09-2005, 5:25 PM
I voted Empire

I didnt vote for TPM or AOTC just because while I think that they are on their own good films, they dont fit with the feel of starwars (which IMO is why everyone hates them - they dont feel right)

ROTS is good but its just not a contender - its a feeling, i cant really explain why. Although it had some brilliant scenes in: order 66. Mace vs palpy and obi vs grievious. But it just lacked something

ANH is probably second. It's classic starwars. it started it all off and it has a lightness to it that none of the others from the OT have. It has Luke as a learner with obi-wan before it gets too serious with yoda and it has everyone meeting everyone else and it's got a niceness to it (although bye bye Ben)

ROTJ is probably joint second with ANH. It has some of the best scenes and it shows luke as a fully fledged jedi, but the ewoks just let it down: the empire brought to its knees during the teddy bears picnick.

ESB is the winner because it is the only time that we really see the rebels loose. it shows both sides to the civil war and it really opened up the SW galaxy as it had Cloud City, which isnt a space station and it isnt ground... also, IMO it had the best lightsaber fight in the OT.

[/uber long post]
 Manny C
11-10-2005, 8:20 AM
Empire is the best written and made, but I personally like ROTJ the most bescause everything gets resolved, its got the most suspense and is the most exciting. DEFINATELY the most kickass juggling of three seperate final battles. most intense movie ever.
 ExtreamJedi12
11-11-2005, 8:28 AM
Return of the Jedi cause Palpatine dies by Vader's hand. That proves that good kicks evil's ass. It also proves that the apprentice Sith kills the master Sith.
 Commander Obi-Wan
11-11-2005, 6:16 PM
I think ESB, and RotJ was one of the best of the OT, but I like RotS the most.
 master_skywalke
11-12-2005, 6:50 AM
1.ESB: Best Story ever
2.ROTS: Best FX ever
3.ANH: Just pure Star Wars magic :D
 TiE23
11-12-2005, 12:35 PM
Ahh Revenge is just all action, Empire has got AT-ATs and snow! Its gotta win! :p

I voted Empire.
 Prime
11-14-2005, 9:25 AM
I'd probably say Empire...
 Commander Obi-Wan
11-14-2005, 2:06 PM
Ahh Revenge is just all action

That's one of the reasons why I like it the most...and also it puts all the movies together. Though ESB was my fav. OT movie (2nd fav. for all the Star Wars movies).
 Vibro
11-17-2005, 4:08 PM
Episode I for me.
 shukrallah
11-18-2005, 8:29 PM
I put 3, but its really a toss up between 3,5, and 6.
 MagnaGuard
11-18-2005, 11:15 PM
Chose Episode V....no reason in particular; only I think it's better than Episode III
 Xaviel
11-19-2005, 12:17 AM
ROTJ. Although I almost went with Episode III because of the superior action sequences. A lot of effort went into those saber battles.
 LordReserei
11-23-2005, 7:24 AM
I think episode III for me because it a key point in the star wars saga. but I think all the movies kick ass acept for episode 1, it was gd @ the time but now I think it sucks.

peace out and "For Those About To Rock......We Salute You".
 Jamps
11-23-2005, 10:13 AM
I chose Episode 2. Episode 3 was great, but I feel it was made to just fill a hole without much thought on the story itself.

So yes, EP2 for me.
 guybroom
11-23-2005, 1:56 PM
[QUOTE=lordreserie]acept for episode, it was gd @ the time but now I think it sucks.QUOTE]

i think you forgot to say which one. I'm curious as to which was good at the time but isnt now. (Ep 1 always sucked!)
 Antizac
11-24-2005, 2:42 AM
I think A good percentage of you voting for Revenge of the Sith are just blindsided, by the hype of the Pre-Trilogy and the pretty effects. Give it a good 10 years, and you'll soon realise that ESB and the Original Trilogy will stand the test of time, even longer than the Pre-Trilogy.

The only reason the Pre-Trilogy is even worth watching, is because of the originals. I never knew how much I loved the originals - with it's great story and character development - until after watching all 6 episodes back-to-back...
The Empire Strikes Back, is so good, George Lucas barely changed anything in the 1997 re-release. I didn't see one crappy CG character in ESB. Just a few scenery changes, and a few new Bespin city flyby scenes...Nothing that effected the story - nobody, shot first...

The Empire Strikes Back is, hands down, the best of all. Best story, best dialogue, best characters, best ACTING! You can take your CG effects and shove-up your arse, because they don't mean a thing if nobody can act..
 Darth Phantom
11-24-2005, 6:50 PM
It was a toss-up between Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith and Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back. RotS has better graphics because of the technology. The battle scenes in Rots are also better. ESB also as some good battle scenes and by far the best movie from the Original trilogy. But, I'd have to say RotS.
 elTee
11-25-2005, 6:27 PM
The Empire Strikes Back is the most human of the six - Han Solo shows his worth as a true hero by improvising brilliantly when the Falcon's Hyperdrive fails, and the opening battle on Hoth overshadows any other conflict in the saga. CGI goes a long way, but Sith can't beat Empire.
 DarthMuffin
11-27-2005, 6:02 PM
From favourite to least favourite :

V, IV, III, I / II (tie), VI

Empire is pretty cool. There's everything you'd want in a SW movie. Huge ground battle (Hoth), nice lightsabre duel, heroes whacking stormies (could city), Boba Fett (not a weird young version) and even some space action (though it's a bit lacking).

ANH is just a classic. I used to think it was boring (please don't flame!), but I have grown to really like it (*especially* after seeing RotS). There's some nice action scenes on the DS, as well as the canon SW battle, i.e. the Trench Run.

RotS is pretty cool for it's huge space battle and great lightsabre duels. I do think that the scenes between Anakin and Padme are pure junk, and that's the major reason why it's in the third place. Grievous is pretty cool too!

TPM and AotC are rather uneventful, in my opinion. TPM has a place in my heart for the initial sequence (don't know why, but I really like to see Obi and Qui-Gon whacking droids in the TF ship). AotC because of Dooku (though his character really should have been more developped). He still saves AotC from being last though.

RotJ... well... I think the Tatooine part is boring, there's not that much going on while they're on Endor, Yoda dies (damn!) and having an Ewok party as the ending of a 6 movies saga isn't really satisfying, IMO. Perhaps RotJ would have been fifth if Dooku was not in AotC.

Personally, the main problem I see with the prequels is that George didn't plan very well what would be in his movies. Dooku should have been at least mentionned or seen for a couple of minutes in TPM (why not make him a council member or something?). He also dies way too fast in RotS (even though I perfectly understand that RotS is focused on Anakin, I think that Dooku's character could have been way more used and developped). Same can be said about Maul. He says two bloody sentences in the whole movie... that's a waste (I'm not saying he shouldn't have been there; his character should have been developped more). Having Boba popping out in AotC is also quite sad.
 Hallucination
11-27-2005, 6:37 PM
Empire Strikes Back, for great snow-fighting and hand-losing action.
 deamonomic
11-27-2005, 7:33 PM
i actualy voted on the phantom menace but not that ive thought about it... i dont really have a true favorite. i like all of the star wars movies.
 primalunderdog
11-27-2005, 10:19 PM
Mine is phantom menace because it shows off the "unknown" type jedi such as Plo-Koon,Adi-Gallia,Ki-adi-mundi,Mace windu and all the others.It does not realy show them off but it does show them in back ground at least.
 Nedak
11-27-2005, 11:56 PM
Return of the Jedi by far!!!!!! I and II sucked!!! I think that the classics where better than most of the Prequeals but I did like ROTS....
 Katarn07
11-28-2005, 12:45 AM
For those who think RotS had great SFX, have you ever seen LotR? That series puts all other movies to shame.

Jurassic Park 1 also has some great SFX that stands the test of time and looks/ feels more real than RotS.

Still, I do love that film. Just not for the action or SFX but for the highlights of the story.
 Kurgan
11-28-2005, 3:03 AM
Return of the Jedi is my all time favorite. ;)
 Cygnus Q'ol
11-30-2005, 10:53 AM
The one that started it all.
 Fishflesh
12-04-2005, 8:06 AM
Return of the Jedi defently...the one that ends the saga :)
 Atomsk
12-06-2005, 3:16 PM
My fav is Return of the Jedi.
 DARTH MAUL
12-07-2005, 3:51 PM
definatley episode 1 !

it has Darth Maul, the best sith ever.

but i did like episode 3 very much, the effects and battles were great.
 richie
12-09-2005, 5:58 PM
:blast5: revenge of the sith most of all because it connects all the story lines together.And it has much more speacil effects than all the other movies.And a little more action!
 d5c
12-12-2005, 4:49 PM
who dosnt think episode 3 is the best?
 weemies
12-13-2005, 2:43 AM
Me. I think it's the worst only ahead of EP II. Well, both were equal turds, basically.

My favorite is ANH.
 Kurgan
12-13-2005, 3:32 PM
who dosnt think episode 3 is the best?

It's inferior to ROTJ (any version, take your pick), IMHO. ;)
Page: 1 of 3