Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Revan vs. Exile vs. New PC

Page: 2 of 3
 TheExileReturns
11-02-2005, 9:29 PM
You're not considering the fact that Jolee's wife could have been alien (Twilek, Zabrak, Cathaar, Miraluka etc.) The child could be half human/ half whatever, assuming they could interbreed. I don't see why the race should be an issue with your PC being the child of Jolee.
 Darthrevan_3
11-02-2005, 9:44 PM
I once again agree with The Exile Returns, and Jolee's wife cud be anything, and I mean anything...sweet :naughty: but the PC cud be anybody u meet in the game's offspring. Me and my sister have created 2 characters and a planet, so we cud use them two. :cowdance :cowdance
 RobQel-Droma
11-02-2005, 10:46 PM
So we are going to be Mr. Bindo. Quarter black, quater asian, quarter twi-lek, and quarter whatever. Uh-uh, no. And if we are going on genetically possible, isn't it genetically IMpossible to breed with a different species, as in aliens? If not, well then, we could be anything. Twi-Lek, Miraluka, Trandoshan. So what if they put the option to be an alien in, you would only be half alien. Some half-breed human with the start of headtails half growing out of their head, or something worse :xp:.

Why not be Juhani's child? Or Canderous's? Or Mission's? Look at it this way. What about those people that went to Kashyyyk last because of Jolee? You might be causing a lot of people to be disgusted at being his child, instead of being a totally new PC without any known parents.

The fact is, while it might be genetically possible for their to be a round-shaped faced pale white person to be the son of a black square-shaped face person, it would be strange anyways. It would definitely not be common, and it would be very wierd. It might be able to happen, but only in a long shot, and it wouldn't make sense for some people.
 Blaze629
11-02-2005, 11:42 PM
New PC for me.
 Prime
11-03-2005, 10:43 AM
You're not considering the fact that Jolee's wife could have been alien (Twilek, Zabrak, Cathaar, Miraluka etc.) The child could be half human/ half whatever, assuming they could interbreed. I don't see why the race should be an issue with your PC being the child of Jolee.At most his wife could only be what is refered to as near-human. Other species are just that, other species. So that means there can be no cross-breeding because the genetics are too different. So if the PC is alien, that eliminates romantic plotlines with human characters.

Personally I don't think that is the way to go.
 RedHawke
11-03-2005, 11:31 PM
Other species are just that, other species. So that means there can be no cross-breeding because the genetics are too different. So if the PC is alien, that eliminates romantic plotlines with human characters.
While it is quite true that genetically two members of a different alien species would not likely be able to have children (Gene Rodenberry's universes excepted), this certainly does not remove any possibility of romance between them. As long as both cultures have similar concepts of love, etc. And are physically compatable.*

Just my 2 cents! ;)

* Last line added for LIAYD! :xp:
 lukeiamyourdad
11-03-2005, 11:41 PM
As long as both cultures have similar concepts of love, etc.

I dunno. Possible I guess, but it would weird when they...you know...try to do...stuff...

To each his own I guess :p

Ahem...well, except for females twi'leks. They're just hot and cool :D
 RobQel-Droma
11-04-2005, 11:02 AM
I dunno. Possible I guess, but it would weird when they...you know...try to do...stuff...

To each his own I guess :p

Ahem...well, except for females twi'leks. They're just hot and cool :D

That top line is one of the problems I have about playing as an alien. What if you were a Kel Dor Revan and Bastila, you know, kissed you? That would be really wierd.
 ydroj
11-05-2005, 7:06 AM
For KotOR 3, I want to be the new PC. Because the developer of KotOR 3 should have made a choice about the road The Exile walks. Light or Dark....The same as they did in KotOR 2, where Revan walked the path of the Dark Side. Otherwise your going to start with someone who hasn't chosen yet. That is how you play KotOR. And that should be weird, considering you chose already in KotOR 1 & 2. Another fact is that you are already very strong in the Force and you couldn't choose as much powers as we did in KotOR 1 & 2. So KotOR 3 must be with a new PC.
 †Saint_Killa†
11-05-2005, 7:36 AM
That top line is one of the problems I have about playing as an alien. What if you were a Kel Dor Revan and Bastila, you know, kissed you? That would be really wierd.

OMG, that's really weird two Kel-Dor's kssing each other?! They cover their mouths. If they removed that I say it's the most disgusting and slimy kissing scene in the world.

No alien's for me.
 Darthrevan_3
11-05-2005, 11:37 AM
:rofl: :rofl: that seen wud be SO FRIGGIN" FUNNY

I'd wet myself if i saw that.. :rofl: Imagine if it was like, Zoid burg or sumthing..

Srry if u haven't seen Futurama, Zoidburg is a crab.
:rofl:
 RobQel-Droma
11-05-2005, 2:13 PM
OMG, that's really weird two Kel-Dor's kssing each other?! They cover their mouths. If they removed that I say it's the most disgusting and slimy kissing scene in the world.

No alien's for me.

Well, actually I was talking about a Kel-Dor and Bastila (human) kissing. But it would still be disgusting either way. :)
 Sabretooth
11-06-2005, 6:24 AM
How about we play as Revan and Exile's children?

New PC. :)
 The Doctor
11-06-2005, 4:04 PM
^You can reject Bastila. That wouldn't be an original idea.
I think they should drop the romance thing altogether, but they probably won't.
 RobQel-Droma
11-06-2005, 8:09 PM
The chances of them dropping the romance is probably about the same as getting rid of the Hawk, or the two droids. Its been there, its probably going to stay.
 JediMaster12
11-08-2005, 4:04 PM
The chances of them dropping the romance is probably about the same as getting rid of the Hawk, or the two droids. Its been there, its probably going to stay.

I agree even if some of the romance plots sound cheesy

Still I voted accidently for Revan but I would rather have a new PC. Just as long as the background makes sense. I went through the game TSL several times and still didn't make a good connection to where the Exile was coming from :racer: :saberb:
 deathdisco
11-08-2005, 4:37 PM
I would think the new PC would be an apprentice of one of the Exile's old crew. Kreia did say that she foresaw they would become the basis of the new Jedi order in the final confrontation.
 RobQel-Droma
11-08-2005, 5:29 PM
^I would actually rather have Bastila as your master.

The people from K2 and the others from K1 should all make cameos; Not all of them, of course, people like Juhani, Zaalbar, maybe Mission, and some from K2 probably shouldn't be there. Juhani could have been killed and it wouldn't have depended on Revan's alignment the first time; Anyways, she wasn't that much of an important character. Same for Zaalbar, he isn't important enough for the devs to try and fit him in there.
 Samurai DD
11-08-2005, 7:04 PM
But he is a Wookie! Wookies rule!!! He can't die!
 The Doctor
11-08-2005, 7:15 PM
^Chewbacca died.
But you're right, Zalaar shouldn't die. THAT WOULD SUCK!
 Samurai DD
11-08-2005, 7:17 PM
I know he died, but that was crappy EU... I like EU but they shouldn't have killed Chewie. Anyways, it took a moon to take the furry guy out. Wookies rule!
 Anathema78
11-08-2005, 9:03 PM
I voted 'Dont really care'.
I can see why most people would want a new PC but it gets a little repetitive starting at lvl 1 all the time. We can all predict it already.

First level you're a normal person with no knowledge of the force. You're under attack from some enemy. You survive, meet a jedi master who trains you to become a jedi.
You become a jedi in record time and go off to the unexplored regions in search of Revan and the Exile even though you're hopelessly inexperienced, while all the other jedi masters just sit on their arses in some Enclave.

You know that's what it's gonna be like! :P
 RobQel-Droma
11-08-2005, 9:07 PM
I never said that Zaalbar should die, I just said he shouldn't be in there. Personally, WOOKIEES RULE!!!!!! For Chewie to die was just heartbreaking.... That *sniff* poor, poor Wookiee *sniff*....

I was just saying that he wasn't that important enough to make a cameo. But we need a Wookiee. Probably the most recurring things in KotOR are 1)Ebon Hawk, 2) T3, 3) HK, 4)A Wookiee. We need all four to come back.

EDIT: But, Anathema, it doesn't have to be repetitive. It would be nice if it was a bit different twist on things, although I have a feeling that it will be like you said. But the complications of making you be Revan/Exile again are just... Well, I doubt it could be done and make a good story.
 Anathema78
11-08-2005, 9:26 PM
I agree with the Revan/Exile thing. I'd like the PC to start at maybe lvl 5 or something, as an already established jedi. A lot of people have said how they'd like to start the game with a lightsaber.

With the first two games they could justify the PC getting so strong so soon because they had previously been jedi and suffered the old amnesia thing.
If they pull that trick again with a new PC... :launcher:
 RedHawke
11-09-2005, 12:04 AM
I'd like the PC to start at maybe lvl 5 or something, as an already established jedi.
You can be level 1 and an "established" Jedi. Starting the game beyond level one is unacceptable. Do not discern level as a statement of capability. ;)

Example: Bastila was less than level 4 when she boarded Revan's flagship and confronted Revan.
 Darth InSidious
11-09-2005, 10:23 AM
Revan.
Ditch the Exile. He had ziltch to him/her.
Ditch new pc, or the story will never actually progress, but will stay in the opening chapters for the next twenty games.....
 RobQel-Droma
11-09-2005, 10:29 AM
No it won't, it can progress. Think about K1, it had an ending. They could have stopped right there, nothing wrong with it. K2, well, a little different. Opened up some new things. But still, they can resolve it all in K3 and finish it up, it wouldn't be that hard. Make it a longer game if you have to. Besides, I am not counting on their being twenty games of this KotOR series, I think that KotOR III will be the ender. Maybe not the last KotOR RPG, but the end of Revan and the Exile.
 deathdisco
11-09-2005, 4:38 PM
^^^
Yup, Should be the last one about Revan/Exile. Could you imagine trying to keep track of all the possible endings for more than three games. It would be a nightmare for the developer.
 Harmor
11-09-2005, 5:56 PM
I voted for new PC. There could be evidence of Revan/The Exile doing stuff in the regions beyond the outer rim that needs investigation, so the Jedi council sends a Jedi (player) out to check it out. Heck, we could even get Revan and the Exile as the main villains in Kotor III... or another villain who has some sort of influence over them. Whatever the case, I hope they will bring back the option to tell the game how you played the previous installments (light/dark, male/female for both Revan and the Exile). When I first saw that in Kotor 2 I thought it was pretty cool. I am against using the Exile or Revan as PC again cause how would you justify each of em to start at level 1 again? Loss of power? Been there, done that to be honest. I would like to see Kotor III have you begin as a Jedi right away and to prove yourself to the council and finalize your training, they would send you on this mission.
 Joe©
11-10-2005, 12:30 PM
New PC for sure. I just hope they have better player models than TSL.
 Engma48
11-19-2005, 4:18 PM
my thoughts on this are that it shouldnt be either revan or the exile.....
i think that it should just have a seperate story from revans or the exiles. i mean it could mention them or they could have a cameo in the game but leave them out of it this time around, because the Knights of the Old Republic isnt just a story about these people. its another chapter of the star wars universe.
 XA-R01
11-20-2005, 6:48 AM
I want to vote for Revan.
I mean, think about it, Bioware's could do it with BG2, why not with Kotor3?
It would be cool to once again play as Revan and continuing his/her adventures as this will be the closing storyline of Revan (i think).
Think of it as Metar Gear Solid series, first you play as Snake, 2nd as Raiden, and 3rd back as Snake.
 ilwugoalie
11-20-2005, 10:55 AM
I guess I should say I dont really care cause I would like to play as those mentioned. but I must say, I would prefrer a new character with cameos from Exile and Revan. this story has been running around Revan, and The Exile did take off after him. At some point in the game and cant see them not being in it. But definatly want to play the better part of the game as a new PC
 JediMaster12
11-23-2005, 2:43 PM
Good suggestion and I hope Lucas Arts listens to you.
 Liit Orda
11-29-2005, 6:55 PM
I'd love a new character, but definately bring news of Revan and the Exile's whereabouts and activities.
 JediMaster12
11-30-2005, 8:08 PM
Appeasement: Please tell this to Lucas Arts
Eager threat: It is most unforunate should they change too many things.

Signing Off
 Nuitari_28
12-04-2005, 11:31 AM
New PC FTW
(Wow iv been playing to much WOW (World of Warcraft))
You start off as a new PC getting raped in an alley by a drunken cabdriving zen master and then you fall into a trashcan and eat some readybreak that turns you into a jedi/sith god depending if it was warm or cold. You then realise that the readybreak packet contained a free lightsbaer which you batter the cab driver swearing revenge on cabdrivers everywhere and then you find out Revan was a cabdriver (Dun, Dun, Dun). Using your godly sith/jedi powers you procede to spank these true sith around the room forcing them to eat frosties instead of readybreak and then you finish revan off by finding some weaterbix to start the poonage duel of your life where you spank revan around the room. /End Story/
 ilwugoalie
12-04-2005, 12:02 PM
^ i'm seeing a story that Mystery science Theatre would love to make fun of.
 Darth InSidious
12-04-2005, 4:24 PM
Now, why does Level 1 automatically mean no force power n00b?
I say that level is relative. Example: KotOR: Lots of Jedi, relative tothe galaxy, Revan is level 20. TSL: Few Jedi, Exile is level 50, relative to the galaxy. What I would like to see is that in KotOR III, the True Sith have awakened, so Revan is, relative to their power, level 1.

Just an idea, though ;)
 Clone L68362
12-04-2005, 7:45 PM
^That's something like I said, but Rob didn't think it would work. Pah!
 Darth InSidious
12-05-2005, 6:36 AM
....And by extension, his FPs would be at level 1 capability, since it's relative...
 JediMaster12
12-05-2005, 12:01 PM
I say that level is relative. Example: KotOR: Lots of Jedi, relative tothe galaxy, Revan is level 20. TSL: Few Jedi, Exile is level 50, relative to the galaxy. What I would like to see is that in KotOR III, the True Sith have awakened, so Revan is, relative to their power, level 1.

Just an idea, though ;)

You know you sound right. Many though have questioned the logic to having Revan or the Exile at level 1 in KOTOR 3. Maybe that is what the devs are thinking of.
 Jae Onasi
12-10-2005, 7:07 PM
Definitely new PC, though I'd sure like to find out what goes on with Revan and the Exile, too.
 Vibro
12-10-2005, 8:37 PM
Definitely new PC, though I'd sure like to find out what goes on with Revan and the Exile, too.

Same for me.
 Thrad Naver
12-11-2005, 11:04 AM
I voted New PC. But I wouldn't mind if they kept Revan in the game for KOTOR III as a NPC. Maybe even include the Exile if necessary.
 master jedi101
12-12-2005, 5:47 PM
I voted for new guy. New stuff history blaa, bla, bla. but i hope their are cameos from all the surviving members of both games as npc or something that would be cool
 RobQel-Droma
12-12-2005, 5:53 PM

You say... What about the party members, they aren't going to be super are they? Because if they aren't, then they will get slaughtered. If Revan gets too about level forty or fifty, they would have to be that too, just for them to be "level one" in KotOR III.

And what you are saying is that you are never going to come out of the Unknown Regions; otherwise, you would kill regular Sith Masters in one attack.
 XA-R01
12-13-2005, 12:11 PM
I vote for Revan.

I think the real story of Revan is his redemption. The option to go female and DS is just for the sake of the game. Imagine Lucas wants to make Kotor into a feature movie, I bet Revan will be male and LS. The LS story have more logic, intrigue, conflict, and drama. Think about what Malak said before he died. "I wonder what would it be if our position was turned, can I returned to the light as you?" At that point, I felt sorry for Malak because I (read: Revan) was the one who lead him to the star forge which eventually corrupted both of Revan and Malak. And from the story of the Star Forge, we know that Star Forge was the thing that corrupted jedi Revan and Malak because it is a tool of the dark side (even though the Rakatans themself didn't have the concept of "Force").

From the above point, i was hoping Kotor2 continuing the journey of Revan. Since its not, then I was hoping Kotor3 will. Just load up the old savegame or for new gamer start at level 15 (like Neverwinter Nights expansion pack) and forget about "what if my revan was female/male DS and kill bastila/carth". Assuming that Revan is a male/female LS and bastila/carth not killed would be more easier to expanded the story to whole new level.

My point is:
1. Load Kotor1 savegame. If you want a new game, choose Revan face and gender and start at level 20. People's life didnt stop just because they became a god-like fighter. You still have to deal with friends, new enemies, new problems, new mystery, and tougher opponent than you. Remember, there's always someone stronger than the strongest one.
2. Assume that Revan is LS so bastila and carth are definetely alive.
3. Perhaps the exile from KotorII can become a sith lord since he/she ended up at level 50 at the end of 2nd game?

about new pc, we can have new pc once the story of revan finished, perhaps on kotor4. think about it, new pc on revan time period? another self-discovery? another amnesia? i dont think so.

just my 2 cents. few things I want to add, but I forgot. maye later. c yaa.
 ilwugoalie
12-13-2005, 8:35 PM
If revan and the Exile are to be in the game, they should just have cameos. No playable roles. I would like to see Revan, but dont want to play as him/her.
 XA-R01
12-14-2005, 11:51 AM
Guys, I think one of the reason BioWare refuse to make KotorII is because the story of revan is done. Just like James Cameron refuse to make another Terminator movie because the story is done.

Obsidian made a mistake creating KotorII. It shouldn't about Revan, but about new story and new PC. The Exar Kun war or the Great Sith War or the Mandalorian war would become interesting story. Instead they made the story continued from I only with new PC/NPC. The story of KotorII is like the story of Terminator 3, it shouldn't exist but it exist. and it ruins everything.

so now people want to see what become of Revan since K2 open a possibility for new story of Revan (and exile).

if we should have new PC instead of Revan (dont care about exile), I want it to be whole new story. just forget K2 ever existed. or just think of it as alternate realities.
Page: 2 of 3