Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Revan vs. Exile vs. New PC

Page: 3 of 3
 Darth Windu
12-14-2005, 10:03 PM
XA-R01 - that would be like making 'Return of the Jedi' with 'Empire Strikes Back' as an alternate reality.

In the words of Davik "Sorry, but that ain't gonna happen"
 JediMaster12
12-16-2005, 11:45 AM
Guys, I think one of the reason BioWare refuse to make KotorII is because the story of revan is done. Just like James Cameron refuse to make another Terminator movie because the story is done.

Obsidian made a mistake creating KotorII. It shouldn't about Revan, but about new story and new PC. The Exar Kun war or the Great Sith War or the Mandalorian war would become interesting story. Instead they made the story continued from I only with new PC/NPC. The story of KotorII is like the story of Terminator 3, it shouldn't exist but it exist. and it ruins everything.

so now people want to see what become of Revan since K2 open a possibility for new story of Revan (and exile).

if we should have new PC instead of Revan (dont care about exile), I want it to be whole new story. just forget K2 ever existed. or just think of it as alternate realities.

You're crazy. Theoretically the story makes sense in that yes Revan defeated Malak and saved or destroyed the Republic but Revan left known space. What happened to the worlds devastated by Malak. TSL gives you the scoop. The Exile learns what happened since it has not been around and finds that Revan is not around so after defeating threat, goes to find Revan. What's the problem with that?
 RobQel-Droma
12-16-2005, 12:13 PM
XA-RO1- The main focus is not to make a movie out of it, this is the game. To make KotOR III in a way so that it is easy to make a movie out of it is stupid, the first priority is to make a good game. I doubt that Lucas will make a movie of it, and I don't really care if he doesn't. This is for what you want to play in the game of KotOR III.

And besides, by doing that, you just took the whole good choosing part out of it. One of the best things about KotOR is the multiple paths you can take. And people won't be happy to learn that Revan is automatically something, especially since you could choose what he was in TSL. Think about it this way- A female player puts Revan as a LS female, then in TSL decides to make her a DS female (because she didn't like Carth), then goes to KotOR III and learns that her favorite female LS/DS Revan is now a LS male Revan. No, not good.

if we should have new PC instead of Revan (dont care about exile), I want it to be whole new story. just forget K2 ever existed. or just think of it as alternate realities.

They aren't going to do that. Come on, TSL was good, I don't care if you wanted Revan or not, get over it. TSL was a continuation of a story, and it would be hard to continue on with Revan anyways, there would be many complications. I don't care what you think, they did good making a new PC in TSL. It ain't gonna happen to dismiss it as an "alternate universe." Continue on with a new PC, find Revan and the Exile, keep TSL. If you discard TSL and do what you want it to be, then the whole KotOR series would be crap.
 Arбtoeldar
12-16-2005, 5:00 PM
A new PC with Bastila as your Jedi Master :drool:

The story should be about the True Sith threat from the Outer Rim to tie everything together.

If they do a KotOR 4 it should be in a completely different time period.
 Darca Lar
12-17-2005, 9:09 PM
A new PC would be really good I think since we've done Revan and the Exile and know their backrounds.
 jerrome1966
12-18-2005, 12:09 PM
I say a new PC.
I want to find out what happened to Revan and the Exile so they all tie together.
 Soogz
12-18-2005, 12:16 PM
Revan. Just because I want to go deeper, into his/her past, and see what happens when he finds the Ancient Sith, etc.
 Darca Lar
12-18-2005, 3:19 PM
Well if Revan is just searching for the true sith, it might turn out to be a one track game. Sure it would be nice to see more about Revan after the defeat of Malak, but i dont see it being a long enough game.
 XA-R01
12-19-2005, 10:48 AM
They aren't going to do that. Come on, TSL was good, I don't care if you wanted Revan or not, get over it. TSL was a continuation of a story, and it would be hard to continue on with Revan anyways, there would be many complications. I don't care what you think, they did good making a new PC in TSL. It ain't gonna happen to dismiss it as an "alternate universe." Continue on with a new PC, find Revan and the Exile, keep TSL. If you discard TSL and do what you want it to be, then the whole KotOR series would be crap.

I never said TSL was bad. Yes I like K1 more than K2, but the problem is not because i think K2 was bad, but because the story felt "unconnected".

I mean seriously people, if we continue the story of revan from the point of
DS ending, the republic will be crushed since Revan's Sith Empire are invincible (Star Forge + Battle Meditation anyone?). Why he instead go with Bastila to gather the true sith? he already won.

And then there are Sion, Kreia, and Nihilus. Why Darth Revan didn't destroyed them or ask them to join him when he found the Star Forge (before captured by the jedi)? And if we get LS ending, why Revan choose to go after the true sith rather than destroyed Sion, Traya, and Nihilus. He must have known them from his old days as Darth Revan.
 Cygnus Q'ol
12-19-2005, 11:40 AM
It has to be a new PC.
Remember, no re-hashing. That leads to the 'stale side'.

Revan should be cameo'd along with some fill-ins on his accomplishments after kotor. Perhaps we even follow his trail for a bit.

Who cares about the Exile. After Malachor and Kreia's end, interest in him diminishes.
 JediMaster12
12-21-2005, 1:08 PM
You have the humor dry as a Sith Lord but then again, you sound like an annoyed bounty hunter.
I agree that there should be a new PC but I would like the follow up on both Revan and the Exile after all both have a role to play in the coming war with the True Sith.
 RedHawke
12-22-2005, 2:02 AM
Remember, no re-hashing. That leads to the 'stale side'.
:lol:

It has to be a new PC.

Revan should be cameo'd along with some fill-ins on his accomplishments after kotor. Perhaps we even follow his trail for a bit.

Who cares about the Exile. After Malachor and Kreia's end, interest in him diminishes.
Quoted for emphasis! :D
 RobQel-Droma
12-22-2005, 2:30 PM
Yes I like K1 more than K2, but the problem is not because i think K2 was bad, but because the story felt "unconnected".

Because Obsidian wasn't given enough time to finish it. If they would, it would have been as good or better than K1.

I mean seriously people, if we continue the story of revan from the point of DS ending, the republic will be crushed since Revan's Sith Empire are invincible (Star Forge + Battle Meditation anyone?). Why he instead go with Bastila to gather the true sith? he already won.

Revan didn't go to "gather" the True Sith, he was their enemy. The reason he left was because he saw a greater threat lying out in the Unknown Regions, and so he went after it. It had nothing to do with gaining more allies, they were the people who had been manipulating everything. I think you need to listen to Kreia more.

And then there are Sion, Kreia, and Nihilus. Why Darth Revan didn't destroyed them or ask them to join him when he found the Star Forge (before captured by the jedi)? And if we get LS ending, why Revan choose to go after the true sith rather than destroyed Sion, Traya, and Nihilus. He must have known them from his old days as Darth Revan.

Kreia wasn't necessarily known to many at that time, and Revan maybe didn't know, or wasn't concerned with her. Besides, as for Nihilus and Sion, did Revan even know about them? Did anyone really know who was in that ship at Malachor V? Had they even revealed themselves? Revan might not have really known everything about them, or he might not have cared; He might have been more focused on the True Sith.
 HQ|Delta 07
12-22-2005, 7:53 PM
I think a new PC would be the best. Revan should appear in K3 but not as PC. the Prpblem is, if he's a party member, what's the sound of his/her voice? Maybe Revan find's another robe on the Star Forge and so you see him with that robe. Same thing like Mandalore in K2.

The Qustion is, how will the new PC find the path of Revan? what should be is that he/her should be trained as a Jedi and a lightsaber given. what about that: the fist few hoirs of the game will be your Padawan training to a jedi knight. It would rock if those missions are on Coruscant. I would like coruscant.
Page: 3 of 3