Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The Crotch Thread

Page: 2 of 5
 Purple Squid
10-22-2005, 11:01 PM
Of course. But my eyes are bleeding right now and I'm so tired I can barely see.

It's a vicious thing to do to myself. But isn't Halloween vicious? And it's nearing Halloween. So close now...so close.

Speaking of Halloween, my trenchcoat is very comfortable.

About the patch... it doesn't seem as easy to joke about now that it has its own thread. Hmm.
 Ray_the_psychic
10-22-2005, 11:02 PM
I think she's talking about a Boyd quote 'cause he says that.
 Klia
10-22-2005, 11:04 PM
I just told my sister about the mighty patch!

she was very...confused.

As I was when I opened this thread.

It is always harder to joke about something when it is set in stone.
 Purple Squid
10-22-2005, 11:05 PM
As I was when I opened this thread.

It is always harder to joke about something when it is set in stone.

It was so much better in the psychics thread. But now everybody's all... wack.

Perhaps I will rebel. Rage against the machine.
 Ray_the_psychic
10-22-2005, 11:05 PM
The "Don't worry I didn't inhale thing" And This thread will go down in history I'ma go to E-Bay to see about any other Psychonauts costumes.
 Klia
10-22-2005, 11:07 PM
the Fun sig! WOOT! My favorite as of yet.

And now I am free to have Boyd.

E-bay doesn't have Psychonauts costumes. I do have a list of items that could be used for Psychonaut costumes however.
 Ray_the_psychic
10-22-2005, 11:07 PM
It was so much better in the psychics thread. But now everybody's all... wack.

Perhaps I will rebel. Rage against the machine.

Don't rage against Jack's crotch's thread.
 Ray_the_psychic
10-22-2005, 11:08 PM

E-bay doesn't have Psychonauts costumes. I do have a list of items that could be used for Psychonaut costumes however.

Please show me your list?
 Purple Squid
10-22-2005, 11:09 PM

Oho, you noticed. I rather like this one as well.

And I checked GoodWill for some stuff. But, er... there were lots of patches, but too many sequins.
 Ray_the_psychic
10-22-2005, 11:14 PM
It rocks sox!!!
 Sokolov
10-22-2005, 11:16 PM
Oho, you noticed. I rather like this one as well.

And I checked GoodWill for some stuff. But, er... there were lots of patches, but too many sequins.
I got my corduroys and jacket there. I got my pack there, too a while ago, so I guess it counts. Boy scout packs are so awesome.

And yes, sequins a-plenty.
 Ray_the_psychic
10-22-2005, 11:35 PM
Hmm I'll go and ask for some stuff. Maybe I'll find a blazer?
 DarthAve
10-22-2005, 11:39 PM
This board makes me feel uncomfortable. I'm sure the mods are having a frenzy over this recent uncomfortable fad.
 Sokolov
10-22-2005, 11:42 PM
This board makes me feel uncomfortable. I'm sure the mods are having a frenzy over this recent uncomfortable fad.
I don't think I've seen the mods caring that much about our niche board. This thread isn't dirty or obscene after all, unless you make it that way. 'Crotch' isn't dirty unless it becomes 'penis'. Stick with 'crotch' and leave the beauty to the eye of the beholder.
 Purple Squid
10-22-2005, 11:43 PM

Mods don't frenzy. They calmly chortle over our silly mortal antics.
 DarthAve
10-22-2005, 11:45 PM
but still....uncomfortable feeling talking about a animated guys "area" (I'm too polite to use the other word) I mean, I'm just crazy to talk about being in luv with an animated character, but this is BURNED in your head.
 Purple Squid
10-22-2005, 11:46 PM
but still....uncomfortable feeling talking about a animated guys "area" (I'm too polite to use the other word) I mean, I'm just crazy to talk about being in luv with an animated character, but this is BURNED in your head.

Teehee. We're only talking about his clothes.
 DarthAve
10-22-2005, 11:48 PM
but still, ughhhhh, naughtyness.
 cara
10-22-2005, 11:48 PM
See, a person goes out for a few hours and comes back to find a thread dedicated to CROTCH. I have never seen the word used so many times but perhaps I'm just a poor, sheltered sheep girl.
 Sokolov
10-22-2005, 11:49 PM
This is such a great and open-minded group of people here. We can talk about things that we want, and not if we don't and not hate you for not. <---Make sense?
 Ray_the_psychic
10-22-2005, 11:49 PM
Yeah plus the crotch patch is da cool thing now. Like smokin'. Everyone's doin' it. (The crotch patch they are all wearing it).
 Ray_the_psychic
10-22-2005, 11:50 PM
Oh and Cara you will come here to this alot.
 Purple Squid
10-22-2005, 11:51 PM
Hmm. That makes me think of something other than crotches. If you've played Psychonauts and like it, does that mean your mind might be a bit more imaginative/creative? I noticed that there are some strange people here, and none of us really care about social status.

Left side thinkers?
 Sokolov
See, a person goes out for a few hours and comes back to find a thread dedicated to CROTCH. I have never seen the word used so many times but perhaps I'm just a poor, sheltered sheep girl.
This actually seems to happen a lot on these boards; it's like returning home never knowing if and where the cat threw up on the nasty browny-orange carpet! (I speak of experience)
 DarthAve
I'm with cara, This ain't right.
 Sokolov
10-22-2005, 11:54 PM
Hmm. That makes me think of something other than crotches. If you've played Psychonauts and like it, does that mean your mind might be a bit more imaginative/creative? I noticed that there are some strange people here, and none of us really care about social status.

Left side thinkers?
Fan-bases tend to attract similar people. That's why we don't have any "let's go kill some shat and be all testosterone-y durnit!" kind of members you may find on say, a Halo or FPS board. We are creative and open-minded.
 Purple Squid
10-22-2005, 11:55 PM
Fan-bases tend to attract similar people. That's why we don't have any "let's go kill some shat and be all testosterone-y durnit!" kind of members you may find on say, a Halo or FPS board. We are creative and open-minded.

We could easily be a traveling band of beatniks.

Why are you killing me--MOM? SHOUT! I have--no napkins.
 cara
10-22-2005, 11:55 PM
Hey hey hey, I didn't say this wasn't *right*. Well, it's not. But that makes it sound bad, which it isn't. It's left.

Miss Purple Squid, I think you may have some sort of a point. As far as I know (I haven't been here very long), we are a bit on the radical side. RAD.
 Purple Squid
10-22-2005, 11:59 PM
Hey hey hey, I didn't say this wasn't *right*. Well, it's not. But that makes it sound bad, which it isn't. It's left.

Miss Purple Squid, I think you may have some sort of a point. As far as I know (I haven't been here very long), we are a bit on the radical side. RAD.

It's just, we don't get angry at anyone for how they act. Most of the time...

And we seem to except more things, and we ask more questions. We don't judge things on how they look, but how they act, what they make us feel. What they make us think. And it kills me to leave this board be submerged into a group of people who've never heard of anything you have. You're watching noir while they watch Napolean Dynamite.

...Hm. This is an odd crotch thread.
 DarthAve
10-22-2005, 11:59 PM
This thread is edgy, not rad. We're talking about theing that are discussed in a high school girl's restroom.
 Ray_the_psychic
10-23-2005, 12:01 AM
I've worn a straightjacket before so I think I'm about as insane as they come... But you have to be cool and crazy to be liked here. And no I don't care about my social status. I gotta lover and friends. It works for me. *shrugs*
 Purple Squid
10-23-2005, 12:02 AM
This thread is edgy, not rad. We're talking about theing that are discussed in a high school girl's restroom.

No. We're not. Please stop saying this, please?
 Sokolov
10-23-2005, 12:02 AM
...Hm. This is an odd crotch thread.
I'm just waiting to see what kind of off-topicness it aquires in its later stages. It always happens.
 cara
10-23-2005, 12:04 AM
Who knew that a thread about this particular topic could end up being a philosophical discussion? I think that's testament to our open-mindedness.

I don't have many discussions in the high school bathroom. It does not conducive to conversation of any kind, in my opinion.
 Purple Squid
10-23-2005, 12:04 AM
Yes, but I don't know why I felt the need to be all... deep. On THIS thread, of all places.
 cara
10-23-2005, 12:07 AM
Perhaps you have a keen sense of irony?
 Purple Squid
10-23-2005, 12:08 AM
Perhaps you have a keen sense of irony?

I better have one. I don't know what I'd do if I didn't.
 Purple Squid
10-23-2005, 12:09 AM
I've worn a straightjacket before so I think I'm about as insane as they come... But you have to be cool and crazy to be liked here. And no I don't care about my social status. I gotta lover and friends. It works for me. *shrugs*

I never said we were crazy. And if you were as crazy as they come, why aren't you in a soft room, with your arms strapped together, trapped like an animal?

Crazy is sad.

I just said we were a bit different, is all. :3
 Ray_the_psychic
10-23-2005, 12:11 AM
Oh you do somewhere. And hey high-school for me is just a bore. I gotta sucky teacher.
 cara
10-23-2005, 12:18 AM
So, I can tell my mum that Psychonauts made me a more creative and unique person? Thank you Raz!
 Purple Squid
10-23-2005, 12:20 AM
So, I can tell my mum that Psychonauts made me a more creative and unique person? Thank you Raz!

Yes, yes you can. Or you can tell them it made you more psychic.

And more aware of the crotches areound you.
 Ray_the_psychic
10-23-2005, 12:20 AM
Okay I'm not that bad. But I'm a very different person. Just a bit ODD.
 Smon
10-23-2005, 12:21 AM
I never said we were crazy. And if you were as crazy as they come, why aren't you in a soft room, with your arms strapped together, trapped like an animal?

Crazy is sad.

I just said we were a bit different, is all. :3
Yes. And everyone probably has a mental problem.

I am a klepto for instance.

I know, I was expecting skitzophrenic too!
 Purple Squid
10-23-2005, 12:22 AM
Okay I'm not that bad. But I'm a very different person. Just a bit ODD.

I was trying to say we're all a bit odd here. The game drew us together. Kind of. What would we do if we hadn't seen this board?
 Purple Squid
10-23-2005, 12:23 AM
Yes. And everyone probably has a mental problem.

I am a klepto for instance.

I know, I was expecting skitzophrenic too!

As I said before, acute paranoia. VERY acute.
 cara
10-23-2005, 12:25 AM
My mom thinks she's pyschic. Maybe she'd challenge me to a psychic duel. Haha. I'd pwn her.

If I hadn't seen this board, I'd be doing my pre-calc homework. And I'd feel like I was missing out on something big. Something purple. Something squid. :)

I'm really happy I found this forum. I'm trying to remember what clued me into Psychonauts.
 Purple Squid
10-23-2005, 12:27 AM
My mom thinks she's pyschic. Maybe she'd challenge me to a psychic duel. Haha. I'd pwn her.

If I hadn't seen this board, I'd be doing my pre-calc homework. And I'd feel like I was missing out on something big. Something purple. Something squid. :)

I'm really happy I found this forum. I'm trying to remember what clued me into Psychonauts.

:] I'm so freaking happy.

The green box clued me in. And the character design on the front.
 cara
10-23-2005, 12:29 AM
I think that I saw it on teeeeeeeeeeeee veeeeeeeeeee. Probably G4TV. Yes. I have pinpointed the birth of this obsession, hooray!
 DarthAve
10-23-2005, 12:31 AM
I found out about it during a cheat! marathon on G4, I became obsessed with playing it.
 Ray_the_psychic
10-23-2005, 12:31 AM
Something Ray something the psychic...
Page: 2 of 5