Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Star Wars: Battlefront 2 information.....some spoilers...look if you like

Page: 2 of 4
 MagnaGuard
10-23-2005, 4:19 PM
Very interesting. Never would've thought you had find things and take somewhere. ex.gunships
 Commander Obi-Wan
10-23-2005, 4:47 PM
I like the way it is objective-based. Though I still like too just take command posts...nice and simple.
 Angarah
10-23-2005, 6:38 PM
This is much better than the original Battlefront's campaign. That was just a string of IA battles stuck together.

BTW, is there an Acklay hunting mode on Felucia? That would be pretty sweet

Also, how do you load Hunt Maps in the beta? I know you can't spawn, but what is the map name?
 Commander Obi-Wan
10-23-2005, 6:51 PM
Unfortunately, there probably isn't an Acklay in hunting mode...I heard that the Acklay is only avaliable in the Campaign.
 KTR
10-23-2005, 7:10 PM
Here are all the in game pics of all the natives in hunt mode from the beta (except the wookies, map wouldnt load):
http://home.comcast.net/~kohan/natives.gif)

give it few secs to load...
 McCusto
10-23-2005, 7:49 PM
How do you get that? I tried the Hero mode code to see the heroes but nothing loads.
 KTR
10-23-2005, 8:23 PM
How do you get that? I tried the Hero mode code to see the heroes but nothing loads.

Easy, i just made a batch file and loaded the map. To find out the maps which we included, you have to extract the mission.lvl file. Post your information of your batch file on the heros, and i will tell you the mistakes.
 McCusto
10-23-2005, 8:25 PM
Kurgan told me that tat2g_eli 200 200 was the code to get the Mos Eisley hero mode map running.
 KTR
10-23-2005, 8:30 PM
use this batch:

cd\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront II Beta\GameData\

BattlefrontIIEngBeta.exe -/win /autonet Listen /resolution 1152 864 /gamename "Heros" /tps 20 /playerlimit 18 /playercount 1 /bots 17 /noaim /password test /sideselect /difficulty 1 /heroes 1 /hrunlock 5 /hrunlockvalue 0 /hrplayer 7 /hrteam 8 /hrrespawn 0 /hrrespawnvalue 0 /pregametime 5 /voicemode 2 /throttle 6144 /spawn 0 /netregion NA tat2g_eli 500 500
 McCusto
10-23-2005, 8:37 PM
That doesn't do me any good :/

All it does is automatically start and all that appears is a black screen
 KTR
10-23-2005, 8:46 PM
it will be on a black screen for about 5-10 sec. then will load the map. Try running the bat, in the root directory of which the beta is installed.
 McCusto
10-23-2005, 8:48 PM
In the GameData folder?

It goes black then freezes, is that normal?
 KTR
10-23-2005, 8:51 PM
no, the root (aka the drive, the first thing that pops up when you click on a drive via my computer). It should not freeze. first it boots up the cmd and then the game runs, the intro goes very quick, and then a black screen pops for about 5-10 sec (also there is a "back" button) and the map loads.
 McCusto
10-23-2005, 8:53 PM
Bah, I keep getting to it and then it said something like Host Registration Failed
 KTR
10-23-2005, 8:57 PM
make sure your internet is up an running, and that your firewall aint disabling the game. the batch command is basicly hosting a server, so it needs to send a few packets to gamespy cuz it want you to be on the game list.
 ParanoidAndroid
10-23-2005, 10:12 PM
Aw man, it seems the gungans and geonosians don't have electrospears as I had hoped, and no gaffi sticks for the raiders...

Oh well, the campaign mode looks sweet! Way better then the first one. The objective based gameplay looks fun, although I would kind of like to complete some of them online, with other players. It kind of makes me wish there was mix between simple capture the command post gameplay and achieving objectives, instead of limiting the objectives to campaign only and making IA and multiplayer strictly capture cps. Although this might make the game a bit more complicated.
 Commander Obi-Wan
10-23-2005, 10:50 PM
Yeah...it would be fun if you could complete some of the objectives with players online...but at least you can play with a friend on XBOX and PS2 on the campaign.
 Redtech
10-24-2005, 6:50 AM
Or more accurately, lose online because some n00b wants to play as a Jedi for the whole mission.

Excellant findings, I'll have to admit. Pandemic must have been on the coffee again.
 Commander Obi-Wan
10-24-2005, 1:59 PM
Galactic Conquest:

Birth of the Rebellion is the campaign where you start off as the Rebel Allinance. You start off with Dagobah, Yavin 4, and your base, Hoth.

The Confederate Uprising gives you control of the droid army of the CIS. Geonosis is your base, and you also start off with Utapau and Mustafar.

Republic Sovereignity puts you in command of the Republic Forces. Your base planet is Kamino and you also control Naboo and Coruscant at the start of the game.

Dark Reign of the Empire lets you command the miltary might of the Galactic Empire. Endor is your base planet with Coruscant and Mustafar also under Imperial control.

Points for taking over planets:

Energy Boost (200) - Causes your enemy guage to replinish faster after being depleted

Garrison (200) - Extra Troops if your force drops to low

Auto Turrets (200) - Automatically reinforces your command posts with defensive grid turrets.

Bacta Tanks (400) - Causes health to automatically generate over time

Supplies (400) - Increases the amount of ammo you can carry

Combat Shielding (400) - Gives your units an extra reverse of health upon entering the battlefield

Sabotage (600) - Causes all enemy vehicles to suffer damage upon spawning it

Enhanced Blaster (600) - Amplifies the damage of your blasters

Leader (800) - Activates your teams faction playable hero for the planetary battles

You have to conquer all 13 planets to win the Conquest of the army.
 Angarah
10-24-2005, 8:05 PM
Wow, 13 planets in GC...thats pretty sweet
 Ryozan
10-25-2005, 11:31 AM
when none complete the Objectives does the CPU control Jedi?
 Commander Obi-Wan
10-25-2005, 12:59 PM
You're the only one who can control the Jedi of your team in the Story Mode.
 Commander Obi-Wan
10-25-2005, 1:27 PM
A link for BF II (says XBOX, but applies to all) http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=908418)
 Ryozan
10-25-2005, 2:52 PM
But if you buy Faction Leader
You have to unlock it trough objectives either?
 ParanoidAndroid
10-25-2005, 5:43 PM
No, the objectives only appear in the Campaign, not in instant action multiplayer, or I believe Galactic Conquest. So if you buy faction leader, I guess the hero goes to the highest scoring player, or the lowest scoring depending on how it's set up.
 Commander Obi-Wan
10-25-2005, 7:33 PM
It would make sense if the objectives would be in Glactic Conquest....anyway for the videos I have seen from BF II, the game looks preety fun. Here's a link to a video for BF II (from g4tv.com) http://www.g4tv.com/videos/index.html?video_key=9769)
 ParanoidAndroid
10-25-2005, 8:37 PM
Yeah, objectives would make sense, but I think they kind of limit the player, it works for the campaign but not so much for IA or galactic conquest. I think it would be cool if they added the objectives in single player, and just made victory less reliant on them. There could still be ackleys on Felucia in single player, you don't have to kill them but it sure makes life easier.

And I can't see the video you link to for some reason, I click the "watch this video" link, and the window pops up but the video does not appear. Oh well the games almost out, soon we won't need videos to know what it's like.
 Commander Obi-Wan
10-25-2005, 8:42 PM
Yeah...Acklays could still be on Felucia even in GC and IA....and the AT-TE. Well, you could type in the website www.g4tv.com) (sorry can't post a link..in a hurry) and see if that works.
 master_skywalke
10-26-2005, 11:27 AM
WOW!The level at the Jedi Temple really looks great. Can't wait to play it :D
 Ryozan
10-26-2005, 11:44 AM
So if you unlock him? you can play as the faction leader:D
Edit:Does Someone have a Video of Deflecting Blastershots as a jedi does it look stylish....very important to me if it is stylish game= Awesome
 Commander Obi-Wan
10-26-2005, 5:44 PM
WOW!The level at the Jedi Temple really looks great. Can't wait to play it :D
I agree the Jedi Temple looks fantastic :twogun:
 KTR
10-26-2005, 5:55 PM
I agree the Jedi Temple looks fantastic :twogun:

that is in the story mode only! its about when order 66 been given out.
 ParanoidAndroid
10-26-2005, 6:02 PM
Ah yes, I'm really looking forward to that scenario, it should be fun to wipe out the jedi once and for all...

Although it is for story mode only as you said, so you sadly probably won't be able to fight as the jedi, or even play it online with other players unfortunetly.
 KTR
10-26-2005, 6:03 PM
only jedi you become is anakin in the jedi temple, slaying all the younglings :(
 ParanoidAndroid
10-26-2005, 6:06 PM
You can also become Darth Maul (okay okay he's a Sith, but so was Anikan a.k.a Darth Vader when he attacked the temple) in Instant action, fineally living out his lifelong dream... The only jedi will probably be Mace Windu, hero for the rebublic in instant action, and maybe somebody you have to fight in the campaign.

I doubt they could get away with letting you kill younglings though, probably just unidentified jedi knights.
 KTR
10-26-2005, 6:08 PM
well if having anakin kill little younglings...ESRB wont like it.
 Commander Obi-Wan
10-26-2005, 7:13 PM
Luke Skywalker is also playable in the Jedi Temple...in IA.
 ParanoidAndroid
10-26-2005, 7:16 PM
Oh yeah, in GCW I forgot the jedi temple was playable during that time period.
 Commander Obi-Wan
10-26-2005, 7:38 PM
The Jedi/Sith playable in the Jedi Temple in Instant Action are:

Empire - Darth Vader
Republic - Mace Windu
Rebels - Luke Skywalker
CIS - Darth Maul
 ghost_01
10-26-2005, 11:02 PM
woow...wait...what about tyranus...or the rest of sith/jedi for that matter?...i think it should b like this:

Republic - Aylaa Secura, Ki Adi, Mace, Obi Wan, Yoda

Empire - Vader, Sidous

Rebel Scum - Luke

CIS - Tyranus, Anakin (u know what i mean), Maul

my point of view...for IA it should depend on the planet don't u think?
 TK-8252
10-26-2005, 11:17 PM
There's only one hero per side per map.
 ghost_01
10-26-2005, 11:25 PM
yeah i know...that's why i'm saying it...lol!...and WTF mate!!!!?!?!? can't play the jedi at temple!? that's serioulsy screwed up!!! :P i wanna kill them sure...but also play em a couple of times
 Commander Obi-Wan
10-27-2005, 1:44 PM
Well...more info:

-Space Endor is avaliable in GC and IA
-No Space Naboo, Bespin or Rhen Var
-Jango Fett does have his trademark, dual pistols
-Yavin IV, Mos Eisley, and Endor (from BF1) are the same, except for graphic changes
 Darth Andrew
10-28-2005, 6:31 PM
-No Space Naboo, Bespin or Rhen Var

Those were some of the best maps! How dare they! *seeks revenge*
Yes, I know it was all but confirmed that Bespin and Rhen Var wouldn't be in BF2, but still....

By the way, where did you learn of this?
 Angarah
10-28-2005, 8:23 PM
Jango doesn't have duel pistols, at least not in the beta or in any screen I've seen. Hope they changed it though...

Can someone clear something up for me? Will Jedi have unlimited time limits in IA, and will you have to unlock special classes (commander, jettrooper) in singleplayer as well? Or is it all customisable?
 MagnaGuard
10-28-2005, 9:54 PM
Bespin gone, curse them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rhen Var gone, seek and destroy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even though I knew this, it still peeves me off!

They should put in space levels for the Death Star and you have to destroy or defend in IA, GC, campaign just pumble the rebel starfighters and cruisers.
 Commander Obi-Wan
10-28-2005, 10:07 PM
Those were some of the best maps! How dare they! *seeks revenge*
Yes, I know it was all but confirmed that Bespin and Rhen Var wouldn't be in BF2, but still....

By the way, where did you learn of this?

I have my sources.......other websites.....forums.....game producers....I agree about those maps being the best.

Jango doesn't have duel pistols, at least not in the beta or in any screen I've seen. Hope they changed it though...

I think he does...I am not 100% sure.
 Commander Obi-Wan
10-29-2005, 1:18 PM
new BF II videos.....http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/starwarsbattlefront2/index.html)

More info...everybody knows...just more organized:

Geonosis:
Republic - Mace Windu
CIS - Count Dooku
Rebels - (not playable for Rebels)
Empire - (read ^)

Mygeeto:
Rupublic - Ki-Adi-Mundi
CIS - General Grievous
Rebels - Luke Skywalker
Empire - Boba Fett

Space Coruscant - NO heroes avaliable

Felucia:
Rupublic - Aayla Secura
CIS - Jango Fett
Rebels - Chewbacca
Empire - Boba Fett

Space Kashyyyk - none

Kashyyyk:
Rupublic - Yoda
CIS - Jango Fett
Rebels - Chewbacca
Empire - Boba Fett

Utapau:
Rupublic - Obi-Wan Kenobi
CIS - General Grievous
Rebels - Han Solo
Empire - Boba Fett

Coruscant:
Rupublic - Mace Windu
CIS - Darth Maul
Rebels - Luke Skywalker
Empire - Darth Vader

Naboo:
CIS - (none)
Rebels - Leia Organa
Empire - Darth Vader

Space Mustafar - none

Mustafar:
CIS - Darth Maul
Rebels - (none)
Empire - Anakin Skywalker

Kamino:
CIS - (not sure - would think Jango Fett)
Rebels - (not sure)
Empire - Boba Fett

Death Star:
Rupublic - Mace Windu
CIS - (not sure)
Rebels - Luke Skywalker
Empire - Darth Sidious

Polis Massa:
Rupublic - Yoda
CIS - General Grievous
Rebels - Han Solo
Empire - Darth Sidious

Tantive IV:
Rupublic - Yoda
CIS - General Grievous
Rebels - Leia Organa
Empire - Darth Vader

Space Yavin - none

Yavin IV:
Rupublic - Mace Windu
CIS - Jango Fett
Rebels - Chewbacca
Empire - Boba Fett

Hoth:
Rupublic - none
CIS - none
Rebels - Luke Skywalker
Empire - Dath Vader

Dagobah:
Rupublic - Yoda
CIS - General Grievous
Rebels - Yoda
Empire - Darth Vader

Jabba's Palace:
Rupublic - Aalya Secura
CIS - Darth Maul
Rebels - Luke Skywalker
Empire - Boba Fett

Mos Eisley - all

Endor:
Rupublic -none
CIS - none
Rebels - Luke Skywalker
Empire - Darth Vader

Space Tatooine (none)
Space Felucia (^)
Space Mygeeto (^)
Space Endor (^)

If I have missed any, let me know.
 MagnaGuard
10-29-2005, 8:51 PM
What about outside Tantive IV (space battle)? Thanks for the info.
 MachineCult
10-30-2005, 5:43 AM
No such battle.
Page: 2 of 4