Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

[REL] TSL Hak Pad Mod now available!

Page: 3 of 3
 ChAiNz.2da
10-09-2005, 9:52 AM
This may just be me, but I'm still having trouble adding modded items to the hakpad. I have installed the Ultimate Saber Mod (I don't remember who made it), and I would really like to be able to add those items. I tried following the instructions earlier on in this thread, but I couldn't find any of my USM items in there. =(

Otherwise, this mod is the nectar of the gods. lol
Glad you're enjoying it! :D

Make doubly sure that the USM is installed in your override folder as the Hak Pad can only "create" items that are normally in-game & installed ;)

Oh.. and the USM Team is: T7nowhere, svцsh, Seprithro, Darth333 & me ;)

p.s. Check your PM's ;)
 Virgil0211
10-09-2005, 12:52 PM
By "installed", do you mean I have to do something more than just copy/pasting it into my override folder?

Sorry if that sounds stupid, but I also have this "installer" tool, though I don't know how it works, and I'm unsure as to whether you meant for me to use that.

Also, incredible job on the USM and the Hak Pad. When a mod can make me want to continue playing a game despite having beaten it several times, that's a good sign. =P
 TheOssusKeeper
10-10-2005, 7:32 AM
By "installed", do you mean I have to do something more than just copy/pasting it into my override folder?

Sorry if that sounds stupid, but I also have this "installer" tool, though I don't know how it works, and I'm unsure as to whether you meant for me to use that.

Also, incredible job on the USM and the Hak Pad. When a mod can make me want to continue playing a game despite having beaten it several times, that's a good sign. =P

the USM doesn't have an installer, just make sure that all the USM files are in your override folder...

the Hak-Pad does have an installer, and will install all the files for that mod into your override folder for you, if you run the installer and folow the instructions...

I think the only thing you need to do to add items to the hak-pad are to edit the itemscreate.2da, itemscreatemira.2da and the chemicalcreate.2da files. I think, if i remember right, the hak-pad uses the same 2da files as the workbench and the chem. lab...
 linda
02-04-2006, 9:29 PM
I just "installed" the Hak Pad. I want to include the Booster and the 3 extra mods:

"- Darth333's Wherami Armband
http://www.starwarsknights.com/tools.php)
http://www.geocities.com/d333mods/index.html)

- RedHawke's Mistake Correction Armband
http://www.pcgamemods.com/10928/)
http://www.citlink.net/~redhawke/)

- mrdefender's Wrist Console
http://www.pcgamemods.com/u/1214/)
http://www.jediarchives.ca/")

My question is this: should I use the installers included in those packages, or should I just copy/paste the files into my overide (with the exception of the spells.2da)?

Finally, i suppose the last thing I do is copy/paste the Booster files, and overwrite as asked? I just want to make sure the correct files get overwritten.
 ChAiNz.2da
02-05-2006, 6:30 AM
I just "installed" the Hak Pad. I want to include the Booster and the 3 extra mods:

"- Darth333's Wherami Armband
- RedHawke's Mistake Correction Armband
- mrdefender's Wrist Console

My question is this: should I use the installers included in those packages, or should I just copy/paste the files into my overide (with the exception of the spells.2da)?
If they have installers, it definitely wouldn't hurt to use them as it will enable you to use their mods independant of the HakPad (in case you don't like it)... it may require you to combine the spells.2da table doing it this way.. just be prepared :)

If you don't use their installers, the one thing you definitely want to make sure of (besides reading their readme's) is that their armband .uti files MUST be in your override directory (not in a subfolder).. as well as any of their .dlg, .ncs, etc. Basically, as you said, everything but the spells.2da hehehe ;)

Finally, i suppose the last thing I do is copy/paste the Booster files, and overwrite as asked? I just want to make sure the correct files get overwritten.Yup, the booster(s) will only replace the necessary files to upgrade the functions of the Hak Pad.. overwrite everything it asks to (Yes To All). Booster Pack 2 is backwards compatible, meaning it contains everything that Booster Pack v1 had.. so you don't have to install both of them.. just Pack 2 (after the initial installation that is).. :)
 Sabeltann
02-22-2006, 4:41 AM
Hi!

I just started playing Kotor 2 after ditching SWG since the NGE made that game unplayable.
After all, it was Kotor that made me wanna play more RPG games and lead me to SWG pre cu, the golden days.
Anyways, I can't get your mod to work
I've added EnableCheats=1 in the notepad.
Then I added ~giveitem hak_pad in the next line and pressed ENTER.
But when I load my saved game I still don't have the hak pad in my inv.
What am I doing wrong?
I'm no pc wizz so maybe I need a walkthroug on how to complete the installation of the mod...

Thanks in advance for any help you may offer:-)
 RedHawke
02-22-2006, 4:47 AM
I've added EnableCheats=1 in the notepad.
Then I added ~giveitem hak_pad in the next line and pressed ENTER.
But when I load my saved game I still don't have the hak pad in my inv.
What am I doing wrong?
You don't enter cheat codes in the swkotor2.ini file, you have to enter those in the game while your particular savegame is loaded, load your save then type the code. For more on how to do cheats in TSL try this thread here. (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=144049) ;)

This thread here (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=119128) also is applicable to TSL even though it is for KotOR I (the other link I gave you refrences this thread anyway).
 Sabeltann
02-22-2006, 4:58 AM
I just like to add that I have a euro layout on my keyboard...
I tried pressing the ~ key but I can't see where to type.
Also when I typed "giveitem" my inv window pops up when I hit the "i" key.
So I can't really get to finish the order I'm suppose to type.
I tried this after I loaded my save game and was in game.
This is supposed to work only when loading a saved game?
 rgdelta
02-22-2006, 5:04 AM
in TSL when you press ~ the console is invisible so do ~ then time giveitem if it still happens another way is to download the Kotor Save Game editor and give it to you that way.
 Sabeltann
02-22-2006, 5:14 AM
I have a norwegian keyboard so if there are any norwegians out there, please give me a shout.
I 've read up on some other threads and it seems like getting the console is a common problem.
Someone said that he added "Enable Console=1" in the ini.file.
 RedHawke
02-22-2006, 5:33 AM
Someone said that he added "Enable Console=1" in the ini.file.
No that won't work, you have to do the ini edit as instructed in the thread.

HOW TO ENABLE CHEATS:

Find the file called "swkotor2.ini" in your Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords game folder. Edit the file with Notepad and under the line [Game Options] add the following line:
EnableCheats=1
Also the console is invisible in TSL so you won't see anything. The KotOR I Cheats thread I linked you to above has several posters with Swedish keyboards and they gave key combinations, those would be the first you should try.

Some suggestions: That I see in that thread anyway.
Shift+ґ+backspace
Shift+ґ
Alt+ґ

Failing this if I were you I would seriously consider just downloading KSE or KotOR Savegame Editor (http://www.starwarsknights.com/tools.php), as you can also add items to your invantory with that.

I Hope this helps! :D
 ChAiNz.2da
02-22-2006, 6:33 AM
Failing this if I were you I would seriously consider just downloading KSE or KotOR Savegame Editor (http://www.starwarsknights.com/tools.php), as you can also add items to your invantory with that.

Agreed.

KSE is above & beyond comparison, it is THE tool to have for cheats (and a great modder's tool).. however, if you really want the Hak Pad as well.. simply use KSE to give yourself the Hak Pad.. now you'll not only have the most powerful cheater's tool.. but my measly Hak Pad as well.. hehehe ;)

When you're typing the cheat code (which is invisible) you'll need to be in the game itself... a good hint that the console isn't activated is when you said that typing "i" brings up your inventory.

The only thing that needs to be added to your .ini is the "EnableCheats=1" line.

Instructions:
Find the file called "swkotor2.ini" in your game folder. Edit the file with Notepad and under the line [Game Options] add the following line:

EnableCheats=1

Let me know if it works or not... KSE is by far the easiest way to give it to yourself, but I can make a way to get it in game if the problem persists (seems to be a common dilemma according to my emails.. hehehe)..
 Sabeltann
02-25-2006, 2:54 PM
I finally got the hapad in my inventory BUT I can't use it...
It says it's a non useable item when I click on it.
I also tried to go to a workbench but still I can't access it.
As you prolly know by now, I am not a wiz on these things,lol.
I just finished KOTOR 2 as lightside Jedi and would like to explore it as a dark one.
I also like to try some of the items I didn't get to use the 1st time.
Thank you in advance. :-)
 Raith Drakk
03-03-2006, 2:35 PM
when i try to use the booster pack 2 the ha pad doesnt appear where the armbands do. have any ideas how to fix it?

great mod anyway!
 ChAiNz.2da
03-03-2006, 3:39 PM
How are you installing it? I'm not sure how to 'fix' something without a little more details... ;)

Booster Pack2 will require the original to be installed first (original does not mean Booster Pack1), however all that needs to be done is drop the files in your override directory.. allowing it to overwrite the files that it "warns" about (Click Yes)...

Also, if you've installed a mod after the Hak Pad that overwrites the spells.2da (rather than merging them) then that will for sure mees up the Hak Pad...
 Hiita
05-18-2006, 6:05 PM
Can you help me? I'm having issues, and I'm about as green as a girl can get, when it comes to this stuff.

I've dragged-and-dropped the folder "TSL Hak Pad" onto my Desktop. When I go to the installer, I get past the ReadMe, and I specify the destination of the mod.

Then I get the following error:

• Installation started 5/18/2006 5:38:21 PM...
• Error! Invalid game folder specified, dialog.tlk file not found! (GEN-7)

I have no idea what this means. I don't have any other files in my Override.

Please help.
Amy.
 DarthSaboteur
05-18-2006, 6:34 PM
What file folder did you select? It sounds like you chose this one C:/Program Files/LucasArts/SWKotOR2/Override. And if you did it should be C:/Program Files/LucasArts/SwKotOR2/. Hope it helps.
 Hiita
05-18-2006, 8:43 PM
I tried that. This time, I got:

• Installation started 5/18/2006 8:42:11 PM...
• Error! Invalid game folder specified! (GEN-6)
 oldflash
05-19-2006, 2:19 AM
Easy way: rightclick on the TSL icon on desktop and select properties. The path which is set on "Start in" or "Working directory" (depends of OS) is the path that you need to specify at the instalation.
 Hiita
05-19-2006, 4:42 PM
Thank you.
 The Fredster
07-28-2006, 11:23 AM
Im preaty new to these boards so I hope Im not out of place in asking this. Iv been looking at your mod for a while and I have to say I love it, Iv been playing the X box version for a good time till I found out about the mod group trying to add the content that was left out back into the game. Your mod lets me find all the stuff I never got to grab and just all in all fool around. Would it be possible to add "feats" to the hak pad? so you can get feats that arnt in your class or belong to a differnt charcter? Like the Handmaidens hand to hand stuff? <I>Really hopes Im not bumping this thread </I>Thanks in advance eather way.
 General Kenobi
07-28-2006, 11:37 AM
WELCOME TO THE FORUMS :D

I use my Hak Pad with Darth333's Where Am I armband and MRDefender's Wrist Console. The Wrist Console (last updated version) can give you whatever feats you want without being this or that class. Feats/Powers I mean.

I use my Hak Pad then choose to go into other mods and then choose the wrist console from MR. ;)

Hope that helps you a bit & have a good day,

:ben:
General Kenobi
 Princess Artemis
07-28-2006, 4:55 PM
Just because I have the burning need to say it--ChAiNz, I am in LOVE with your Hak Pad. I edit the storefronts with K-GFF (since I didn't read how to do it with Kotor Tool, might try that) to test out new items I've made...it works really well for mod testing. Having it compatible with the Darth333's Whereami band, MrDefender's Wrist Console, and RedHawke's Mistake Correction band just makes it insanely useful for mod testing, too.

Oh, and of course, cheating like heck.

I have come across a problem with it though--is there a limit to the number of items one can 'buy' from a storefront before the game chokes and crashes? I tried to clear out the Jedi storefront in one go and my game decided to crash when I got about half-way through.
 ChAiNz.2da
07-29-2006, 3:08 AM
Im preaty new to these boards so I hope Im not out of place in asking this. Iv been looking at your mod for a while and I have to say I love it, Iv been playing the X box version for a good time till I found out about the mod group trying to add the content that was left out back into the game. Your mod lets me find all the stuff I never got to grab and just all in all fool around. Would it be possible to add "feats" to the hak pad? so you can get feats that arnt in your class or belong to a differnt charcter?Welcome to the Forums The Fredster :waive1:

General Kenobi has the best idea on this :)

I use my Hak Pad with Darth333's Where Am I armband and MRDefender's Wrist Console. The Wrist Console (last updated version) can give you whatever feats you want without being this or that class. Feats/Powers I mean.
I tried not to incorporate functions that there were already mods out there for (why re-invent the wheel?.. hehehe). That's why I wanted the Hak Pad to be compatible with some of the best cheat/utility mods out there. With the inclusion of "activation dialogue" of Darth333's, RedHawke's & mrdefender's mods.. you've pretty much got the motherload of adjustments at your fingertips.

Also, because of the way the compatibilities work, it offers the players the choice of what he/she wants as far as functionality. For those who are tempted too easily to cheat :devsmoke:

The Hak Pad's extra functions will only be choosable when you install the addtional mods by Darth333, RedHawke & mrdefender, so you won't have to worry about HUD clutter, or the need to have to 'equip' anything since activation of the mods can take place within the Hak Pad interface. Just be sure to read the readme's of the mods and remember that you must have the other modder's armbands in your inventory (not equipped)... oh, and of course, the Booster Pack v2 of the Hak Pad (http://www.jumpstationz.com/games/mods/HakPadBooster2.htm) ;)

Another thing you might want to consider is getting tk102's KotOR Savegame Editor (KSE) (http://www.starwarsknights.com/tools.php). This is by far the ultimate cheat/utility/tool a player or modder could ask for.. and it will "for sure" be able to grant anything to anyone.. hehehe

Just because I have the burning need to say it--ChAiNz, I am in LOVE with your Hak Pad.
Thank you for the kind comments Princess Artemis Makes modding worth it after reading something like this :D

I have come across a problem with it though--is there a limit to the number of items one can 'buy' from a storefront before the game chokes and crashes? I tried to clear out the Jedi storefront in one go and my game decided to crash when I got about half-way through.That I'm not sure of since I was always afraid to clean-house with an entire storefront.. hehehe

However I wouldn't doubt it. I placed everything and I mean everything in the storefronts so the game may not react kindly if you happen to try to "buy" certain stunt model varieties of items and what-not.

One thing I forgot to keep in mind is that with TSL, only certain 'special' items are available in certain modules.. (one of the reasons it's extremely hard to get a Dancer Uniform on any planet/area besides Nar Shadaa).. that might be a cause of the problem, or it could be an inventory "overloead" (doubtful, but you never know)... :giveup:
 The Fredster
08-01-2006, 2:32 PM
Thank you for all your help every one and the warm welcome, Im trying out the mod now. woohoo for super blasters!

I feel stupid as hell asking this but when I try to install I get this
Error! Invalid game folder specified, dialog.tlk file not found! (GEN-7)
I did make a subfolder called override in the KotoR stuff and click it for when I install but thats when that pops up. Help?
 Princess Artemis
08-01-2006, 6:46 PM
That I'm not sure of since I was always afraid to clean-house with an entire storefront.. hehehe

However I wouldn't doubt it. I placed everything and I mean everything in the storefronts so the game may not react kindly if you happen to try to "buy" certain stunt model varieties of items and what-not.

I bet that's what it was...I don't remember exactly, but I was at the crystals and there was this weirdo 'door cutting +1' or something crystal--I think I bought that and vaporized my game. I'll just remember to avoid the strange stuff unless I have a save handy :)
 stoffe
08-02-2006, 5:33 AM
I feel stupid as hell asking this but when I try to install I get this
Error! Invalid game folder specified, dialog.tlk file not found! (GEN-7)
I did make a subfolder called override in the KotoR stuff and click it for when I install but thats when that pops up. Help?

The title of the folder browser window where you select installation location reads: "Please select the folder where your game is installed."

I.e. you should not select the override folder, but the folder where your game is located. (The folder that contains the swkotor2.EXE file and the override folder.) :)
 The Fredster
08-02-2006, 12:45 PM
I really do need to learn how to read, I cant beleave I overlooked that lol. Sorry about the stupid question but thanks for the fast answer Iv got it now.

And this thing is insanely kewl
 mele2511
08-09-2006, 4:05 PM
please please can you make this mod easy to access on the xbox by making a placable mod to it or something along them lines or if anyone could tell me or give me a script that will allow me to get it in my item list because i realy want this mod but i am crap at modding .... i have tryed and tryed over and over but i just cant work out how to get it in my items .. thanx
 ChAiNz.2da
08-09-2006, 4:36 PM
please please can you make this mod easy to access on the xbox by making a placable mod to it or something along them lines or if anyone could tell me or give me a script that will allow me to get it in my item list because i realy want this mod but i am crap at modding .... i have tryed and tryed over and over but i just cant work out how to get it in my items .. thanx
How are you getting it to your Xbox in the first place? Is there a way you can use tk102's Savegame Editor to just alter your save then port/ftp it over to your Xbox?

http://www.starwarsknights.com/tools.php)
 mele2511
08-11-2006, 7:37 PM
i am using ftp to access my xbox ... also problem with the savegame editor is that with the xbox if you add any items it will just kill the save it is the same for some of the other functions ... only way to get the hak pad at the moment would be to put it in a placable or some other way i dont know of but i am not a good modder so i wouldent know how to do that

Edit: ok i tryed to edit the save but as i thought it will just damage the save by adding items also i cant make a mod to put it in a placable because i only have the xbox version and it isnt as easy so is it possible you could make a placable .. thanx
 Fiestainabox
08-11-2006, 10:33 PM
most xbox savegame files are incrypted. Most of them use a specific string of data called a "signature" to keep the safe. If you alter the save in anyway, the string changes and the game won't loaded it because its the wrong signature.

If you think kotor's signature's hard, Forza Motorsports are Hard Drive keyed, so you can only use your own save on your own xbox....

Anyway, you'll need XsavSig to resign the Saves, that way, you can play altered saves. you need to follow a specific path to get to it that involves IRC and FTP, but I can Download it for you and email it to you.
 mele2511
08-12-2006, 9:11 AM
thanx that would be great .... PM Me please.

Sorry, the posting of email addresses is not allowed here. -RH
 ChAiNz.2da
04-24-2011, 11:02 AM
hehehe.. didn't think I'd be posting many more mods (long since TSL retired) but I happened up on an Add-On I've been holding on for some time now while digging around my archives.

With the success of the USM, I had received a ton of requests for saber console codes, bugs, etc. regarding the USM. Initially the group and I were hestitant about this particular Hak Pad add-on because we really wanted people to experience the USM as it was intended.

Well, after a number of years now (wow) I think it's safe to say that a majority of the player base has experienced enough to choke a bantha. Probably a bit too late.. as many of us have moved on, but better than never I suppose :xp:

I don't have any screenies since I no longer have the game installed, but I'm pretty sure this is a working mod (was in my FINALS folder).

Despite the bile building up, I installed TSL to test and everything seems to be working. Screenies index can be found here. Large 1920x1080 pics, be warned. (there's a TON):

Click for USM Hak Pad Screenies (http://www.jumpstationz.com/games/mods/HakPadUSM/hires)

If you run in to any problems, lease let me know ASAP and I'll see what I can do to fix thing :)

Hak Pad - USM Shop add-on

This will add a USM Saber Shop dialogue node in the Storefronts section.

Just drop these files (excluding the .nss source) into your override folder, or wherever you have the Hak Pad installed.

You MUST have the USM, Original HakPad AND the Booster Pack v2 installed as the dialogue included in here uses them as a base.

USM: http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Ultimate_Saber_Mod;73530)
HakPad: http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/TSL_Hak_Pad;66316)
Booster V2: http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/TSL_Hak_Pad_Booster_Pack;66352)

or grab the mods from my site: http://www.jumpstationz.com)

---------------------------------------

The shop includes only the sabers, not the individual crystals, to avoid saber creation (null-nade) problems some may have encountered.

---------------------------------------

This also includes the Train Handmaiden as a Guardian & the Darth333's Wherami Band fix.

Download links are in the first post of this thread and here. Click link below.

** Download USM Saber Shop Hak Pad add-on ** (http://www.jumpstationz.com/games/mods/download/HakPad_USMshop.rar)
Page: 3 of 3