Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Mod Requests Thread (#5)

Page: 4 of 4
 yohan
08-03-2005, 1:49 AM
~
I'm just curious...

Is it possible to tie the influence to the percent of experience you get for each NPC?

EX:
Mira has 100% influence with the Exile so she would gain 100% of the experience the Exile does.
Atton has 50% influence with the Exile so he would gain 80% (standard) of the experience the Exile does.
Kreia has 0% influence with the Exile so she would gain 60% of the experience the Exile does.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...
~
 Darth Hansen
08-04-2005, 3:18 PM
i dunno yohan
 Darth Hansen
08-04-2005, 3:20 PM
I would like a mod where you can go online and fight,talk,and hang out with other players
who play star wars kotor and tsl cause i want to meet new ppl and kill em tooo. PS make it so only item cheats are allowed.
 stoffe
08-04-2005, 3:35 PM
~
Is it possible to tie the influence to the percent of experience you get for each NPC?

It is theoretically possible but not very feasible to do so, since you can't modify the game's normal XP system AFAIK. You'd need to turn off the game's normal XP awarding functionality and script your own XP award system.

While it's technically possible to do so it is an insane amount of work, since you'd need to modify each and every module in the game to turn off the base XP system, and edit all scripts where XP is handed out.

Too much work for little gain if you ask me. :)

The amount of XP that is handed out by the built in XP system to individual characters is set in the npc.2da file. This file links together a creature tag with the percentage XP they are awarded whenever the party receives experience. This percentage can't be modified through the NWScript scripting language.
 Emperor Devon
08-04-2005, 4:45 PM
I would like a mod where you can go online and fight,talk,and hang out with other players
who play star wars kotor and tsl cause i want to meet new ppl and kill em tooo. PS make it so only item cheats are allowed.

That's impossible. Even if it was possible, I doubt anyone would do it, since it would probably require a lot of work.
 luan43
08-05-2005, 2:08 PM
ok i am asking for a mod or fix or anything to ''fix'' the weird-block-type glow around the lightsaber i asked around and i am sure its not my graphic card many people are having this ''problem'' (lets call it) coz i ahve seen in movies review the glow around the lightsabers are much more brighter and they are not blocky so plz any 1 out there can help me.?
 The_Maker
08-05-2005, 9:22 PM
Can you show me a screenshot of what you mean by "blocky"?

If so, I could probably fix whatever problem you are having :)
 luan43
08-05-2005, 9:42 PM
ok here is 1 its not exactly mine i coulnd fint my pic but this will do if u see in the lightsaber its kind of a i dont know a blocky or rectangular type http://img207.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img207&image=image181kp.png)

if theres any thing u can can do to help would be much apreciated thank u.
 BuilderD
08-05-2005, 9:49 PM
ok i am asking for a mod or fix or anything to ''fix'' the weird-block-type glow around the lightsaber i asked around and i am sure its not my graphic card many people are having this ''problem'' (lets call it) coz i ahve seen in movies review the glow around the lightsabers are much more brighter and they are not blocky so plz any 1 out there can help me.?

You mean the glow around the saber right? If that's what you mean extract the lightsaber textures with KotOR tool and erase or blend some of the "glow effect". It's the color around the core. The farther out the colour the bigger the "block" around the blade.
 talore
08-05-2005, 9:54 PM
is there a way to fix the head goin through the hood thing on the cutscene revan robes ?
 RevanA4
08-05-2005, 10:04 PM
ok here is 1 its not exactly mine i coulnd fint my pic but this will do if u see in the lightsaber its kind of a i dont know a blocky or rectangular type http://img207.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img207&image=image181kp.png)

if theres any thing u can can do to help would be much apreciated thank u.

I'm not positive but I think that is a graphics card issure or perhaps that is the way the modder made it.

or I could be a texture thing becuase I don't get that at all
 General Kenobi
08-05-2005, 10:10 PM
I've found some modded sabers glow to be way to hard edged in their gradient shading. I like the faint look better myself. BUT we should probably stop chattin' and such before ole' ChAiNz or Darth333 puts a slap on us since it is the stickied mod request thread ;)

Hey ChAinZ how about in the next booster (if any) the option to turn GOD mod on and off??? I think that would be a good add on :D

:ben:
General Kenobi
 RedHawke
08-05-2005, 10:50 PM
is there a way to fix the head goin through the hood thing on the cutscene revan robes ?
Not that I'm aware of...
 luan43
08-06-2005, 5:32 PM
I'm not positive but I think that is a graphics card issure or perhaps that is the way the modder made it.

or I could be a texture thing becuase I don't get that at all

no its not a moded lightsaber and its not a graphic issue many other players have this wierd glow around it coz if u go to gamespot and look for the movie reviews of this game u will see that the glow around them its fantastic and i have not seen 1 picture of a lightsaber from KOTOR 1 and 2 that the glows are normal
 Mono_Giganto
08-06-2005, 5:51 PM
Not that I'm aware of...

For such a widely wanted mod, you'd think someone would have done it if it were possible. :rolleyes:
 Hades_One
08-07-2005, 6:23 PM
I have a small request for Redhawke. I know you made the Mission short shorts skin and it looks good but there has always been one thing that bothered me. Mission's underwear covers more of her than her clothes. That looks just wierd. If you could give Mission you two piece scoundrel underwear or something similar that would make a whole lot more sense.
 General Kenobi
08-07-2005, 7:08 PM
This isn't really a "mod request" but I will post it here as it is a "request" that I think would be INVALUABLE to modders here at Holowan. :D

How about a stickied thread that lists in detail "reservation OR used" item numbers???

In line with say lightsabers. USM takes up a vast majority of the number allowed sabers right so how about a thread that lists from beyond the standard sabers up to the end of the allowed number?

The idea being a new modder could log into that thread then and see Maverick87 takes up so many numbers already, RehHawke takes up some, T7Nowhere some, ChAiNz some, etc.

They could then PM a moderator or the like with a request to take up a number. Then when MORE than one takes up a number (say Mav's takes up 096 and mine does too they'd both be listed for that slot. :D

Just a thought, figured it would be a good idea, so thought I'd run it by others :D

:ben:
General Kenobi
 TheOssusKeeper
08-08-2005, 9:28 AM
Svosh, your death mask is really awesome... good job :thumbsup: but i was wondering if you could and would make two new masks for me using these 2 heads (sith assassin masks) 125 and 132 from the heads.2da file, please :D
 Mono_Giganto
08-08-2005, 4:31 PM
Svosh, your death mask is really awesome... good job :thumbsup: but i was wondering if you could and would make two new masks for me using these 2 heads (sith assassin masks) 125 and 132 from the heads.2da file, please :D

He doesn't have the time. ;) But however, you could make an item that disguises you into appearance lines using those heads, and make it a helmet.
 TheOssusKeeper
08-09-2005, 8:17 AM
He doesn't have the time. ;) But however, you could make an item that disguises you into appearance lines using those heads, and make it a helmet.

ok, i'm not really clear on what you mean (helmet)... how do i go about doing this?
 Mono_Giganto
08-09-2005, 4:08 PM
Well, you first use KT to create a helmet item, and add a disguise property that points to a line using the head you want to wear.
 TheOssusKeeper
08-09-2005, 8:51 PM
ok, i can do that, but i don't want to change the whole body... cause thats what'll happen...
 tsunamipunk
08-09-2005, 10:17 PM
I would like a mod where you can go online and fight,talk,and hang out with other players who play star wars kotor and tsl cause i want to meet new ppl and kill em tooo. PS make it so only item cheats are allowed.

That's impossible. Even if it was possible, I doubt anyone would do it, since it would probably require a lot of work.

Actualy, it's not that hard at all. Just take too much cash to your local small mart or game shop and buy star wars galaxies. Lame compared to KOTOR, but still better than most MMORPGs.

:lsduel:
 Jolly Boots
08-10-2005, 7:46 PM
Okay. For awhile now, I've been wanting, myself, to make a mod (obviously I'm not if I'm posting here) where it "fixes" that thing with Atton and Mira. Whats that "thing" you ask. Well, since you asked so nicely. You know how Atton and Mira come with their own clothing (Attons Ribbed Vest and Miras Ballistic Jacket) well, when you unqequip them, they are still there. Which makes no sense. So, I was thinking of replacing their clothing with ones without the vest and jacket, while the ballistic jacket and vest are the normal ones. I would do it myself, but I was looking at the skin and couldn't tell left from right.
 free xbox
08-12-2005, 8:34 PM
i would like to see a more violent rendition of the game
something more along the lines of a "movie game" rather than rpg choose your story...
but besides that i would also like to see it more combat oriented
Rather than just roleplaying dice rolls... 20 dmg to a 300 health character is not exciting enough for me

what do i mean?

for people who know what they are doing with the modding...
you should go in there and make the light sabers have two classes of attack
skin slashes or flesh wounds, and deadly kills such as the typical swipe of a light saber

the skin slashes are the resulting character saving throws for quick foes like elite assassins and force users (jango fett and/or jedi combatants)... as long as you have energy you can make these saving throws...

the deadly kills are the single swipes used against stupid droids and foolishly weak gunners who are low level and have spent their energy spamming stupid fire

there are also COMBAT misses/dodges and parry/blocks
but this is all the grand epic duels stuff
(the duels are pretty hard either way as more dmg means quicker loss... but less dmg means a long ass boring duel that doesn't mean anything... i beat malak myself by luring him to a locking platform area, throwing adhesive grenade and spamming him with thermal detonators)

my problem is the MONTAGE FIGHTS where the jedi run through the base and beat the crap out of the underlings.... we need a montage... WE NEED A MONTAGE!

speed through those guys and make more dueling.. that would make more of a dramatic scene

but what about the soldiers?
obviously also the blasters must be made more deadly, as well as the grenades
(this would seem unbalanced at first, but once force, armor, shields and stealth are properly alligned... it will all make more sense... acquiring proper gear, and gaining surprising first strikes against your foes will be consequential for every battle or skirmish)

however as you grow with the force and acquire special constant effects
like "force speed" or "force resistance" you begin to ignore or negate the blasters being shot at you to a missing point or enjoy not feeling the energy dmg for 0 points
(like speedy quigon or the invincible vader)
meanwhile yoda himself can absorb deadly magiks and attacks and turn them into life

you will see the quick jedi gut the droid guards like fish as they run past the shots
of course the blaster reflection is deadly as well... "just like in the movies"

also things must also be made to compensate for the fact that droids and humanoids are falling or dropping like flies

*blasters must shoot faster if they are automatic weapons
*the force power must be regenerated quicker to allow for a constant assault of force
*health and force power must quickly refresh after combat, if you survive then you are not dead... no point and standing around waiting to recover your energy for the next group of guards
*addition of force powers to unleash grenades or mines in the hands of their enemies, nearby foes, preemptive destroying of traps and forceful opening of doors

*finally, force dominance must be more prevalent... such as a grand master beating a master with drain life, a master beating a knight with lighting, a knight beating a padawan with the light saber... but unique feats which allow for a hero to ignore the typical deadly onslaught... also the "dodges", "force absorption" and "light saber reflect" would come in handy here too... the player would have to play defensively against a SUPER BOSS and wait for the proper moment to strike... such as when the boss grows weary and assumes the form of wounded/smoking from lighting (out of force mana temporarily) or perhaps the socalled power duel of two youths attempting to slay an elder, or a surprise slaying with a sithly sneak attack

*things like medipacks and repair kits are used on demand but limited to PERSONAL INVENTORY

*PERSONAL INVENTORY must be implemented to each character as i didn't like carrying of 50 sets of armor... 10 lightsabers, 200 grenades, ON THE OTHER HAND maybe the droids can carry an inventory stash as well...

*the whole hacking repair thing must be limited to maybe 1 splice/tunnerler per entire hack as that point of the game is a little retarded (put in more word clues in the datapads and more math difficulty puzzle games as those are more exceptable ways of hacking the base security grids)

*shields should be permanent (not use based) but breakable by lightsabers/critical melee attacks or disabling with new force attacks

*rework the opening of blast doors to appear like he's jabbing into the door like quigon/obiwan did against the japanese fish guys spaceship

*a single slice against small lockers as the light saber is powerful enough to cut through them

*a power blow which breaks through the weakest of weaved melee weapons... and destroys blasters/disarms grenadiers

*possible beheading, dismemberment or disemboweling

*you guys are modding the equipment which is nice
but what should be included is some way to link pieces together
or redo the entire inventory equipping screen (PERSONAL INVENTORY) of course
have - helmet, eyepiece, nosepiece, mouthpiece, earpiece
torso armor/chest plate
gauntlets/rings
dexterity gloves

for example: the respirator looks really stupid all by itself sitting on your nose
and the vacuum visor doesn't have a back to it so you see the back of your head...
hardly containing is it?

also
a uniform or disguise... NPCS should react to me differently as to what i'm wearing
if i have a mandalorian armor they should fear me, if i have sith robes they should either serve or attempt to kill me, if i have jedi robes i can possibly infiltrate the jedi's trust to commit assassinations

these disguises are typically robes, capes or special crests to denote NPC importance

i've got more stuff... but why not just make a new game...
KOTOR was alright, much better than star wars galaxies,
the art was great but i own a radeon 9800 pro... (so that was fun fixing)
and the story was a nice twist as you yourself were your own enemy
perhaps more delving into how you were/are fighting yourself both ways like fight club

the voices were excellent
i liked bastilla, the evil droid, the mandalorian
the evil jedi juhani was kinda lameish with her long speeches of pain and sorrow
mission and zalbar had a good beginning but mission never becomes a womanly warrior
she's always a little... you know what #$%&... (she and zalbar died to me sadly)
the dumbass sith wannabes were funny but lame
the sith academy leader was pretty good with his vocals however

perhaps more thievery missions for mission
more racial anger for zalbar
juhani needs to walk the thin line of good and evil more, with temptation/lust/greed etc
ordo needs to kick more ass as he sat in my spaceship too much.. haha

FINALLY carth needs to stop bothering me...

carth would like to speak to you now...
carth looks concerned...
carth is looking at your breasts...
carth wants to leave the group but doesn't know how...

how about more party members? - more to a group (3 is not enough) and more custom
special plot party members - droids for droid levels, wookie for wookie action, etc
being dramatic is probably more important than being free in this case
because i can go play galaxies and be free to put 10 rancors in my basement or mine a million billion minerals and sell blaster rifles for 1000 credits a pop

random NPC exploitation - such as guards of the republic join your group as cannon fodder

well... sorry about the long anal list
but i liked this game so much... that
I WANT TO DESTROY IT WITH THE DARK SIDE OF VIDEO GAMING

KILL KILL KILL
BLOW EVERYTHING UP

have a final scene of revan blowing up every world she visited, including that loser rodian at davin... while he's on the toilet or something

of course these final tribute cannonshots would ruin the canon.. haha

*end of transmission*
 Skydeath
08-13-2005, 2:59 PM
Does annyone know if its possible to get the handmaiden(hood down) Clothes model and place another head ontop of it?? I cant seem to find the handmaiden(hood down) clothes model, for some reason.. can someone help..?

Greetz,
Skydeath
 WillPoe2005
08-13-2005, 9:49 PM
does anyone have a anakin head like in episode 3 with the transition to how he looked on mustafar.also an episode 3 hilt and robe like he wore with the hood(probably just edit revens' robe) with the head selectable as a pc.or if anyone can make it i would appriciate it gladly.oh yeah,i mean that stuff for KOTOR 1.
 Jeff
08-13-2005, 10:01 PM
Here's (http://www.pcgamemods.com/11570/) an Anakin head, Here's (http://www.pcgamemods.com/12899/) an Anakin lightsaber (or you can get the USM, which has an anakin episode 3 and episode 2), and here's (http://www.pcgamemods.com/14376/) my movie style Jedi robes, including a skywalker robe, which has been proclaimed as the most accurate anakin robe for tsl on PCGM forum (man I'm humbe, aren't I?).

Those should all work for you.
 stoffe
08-13-2005, 10:01 PM
Does annyone know if its possible to get the handmaiden(hood down) Clothes model and place another head ontop of it?? I cant seem to find the handmaiden(hood down) clothes model, for some reason.. can someone help..?

It's P_HandmaidenBB, her regular clothes model. The Hood down thing is an animation for that model, not a separate model. (Kreia's model works the same way to pull back her hood.)

When a "hood off" (10507) animation is played, she pulls off the hood, and it stays off unti a "hood on" (10508) animation is played (or until you transition to another area or reload a savegame since the animation state of models isn't saved).
 The_Maker
08-13-2005, 11:09 PM
Speaking of which I am planning on making that into a mod (thanks to stoffe for the idea)... just need to get K2 re-installed and working or figure out why it blows up everytime I have the Handmaiden talk <.<
 Skydeath
08-14-2005, 5:07 AM
It's P_HandmaidenBB, her regular clothes model. The Hood down thing is an animation for that model, not a separate model. (Kreia's model works the same way to pull back her hood.)

When a "hood off" (10507) animation is played, she pulls off the hood, and it stays off unti a "hood on" (10508) animation is played (or until you transition to another area or reload a savegame since the animation state of models isn't saved).

Thnx for the reply..

Greetz,
Skydeath
 Ztalker
08-15-2005, 12:30 PM
Personally, i would like to see an extended equip-screen.
I would like a hood-equip screen. With every robe, you get a hood-equipable.
I you dont equip, it stays the normal way. But if equiped, the hood will turn on.
Also, a cybernetic-slot should be added. So you can 'equip' a cyber-arm, or legs, with unique bonusses. The hand could give more strenght, since it has a battery instead of muscles. The legs could give more dexternity, since they respond better than normal legs. Ans these implants should be a texture or something, and they should come in different versions. Players who would like a bonus, but no weird robot-hand, could get the Luke-model. And players who really like it, the Anakin-model with the yellow lights or the cool glove.
Also, some bosses should have some cybernetic parts. Darth Sion with a cyber-arm is cool, aight? Also, this makes the PC stronger, thus making him more 'godlike' as the movies tend to show. But the gameplay won;t weaken, since bosses (and strong npc's ) have cybernetic parts too.

This coul make the game a bit cooler, since implants are quit common. The navigators on the bridge of the Trade Federation in Episode 1 have cybernetic-eye implants for faster information absorbing. Also, the slaves had a cybernetic implant preventing them from fleeing. And off course Anakin/Vader/Grievous with their Cybernetic parts that make them stronger.
We all know a battle-style relies very much on footwork. That explains Vader's smash-bash-power style, since his legs are that strong.

I believe Rage of the Wookies features implants too, but i'm not sure. COul be Jump to lightspeed too.

If anyone has more ideas, be my guest.
 Jolly Boots
08-15-2005, 1:06 PM
I'm curious to know what others think of my idea. Of making Miras and Attons jacket and vest a add-on instead of their normal clothing.
 The_Maker
08-15-2005, 1:49 PM
I dont really get it, if you make those models unique items then what would become their default clothing? x_X
 Ztalker
08-15-2005, 2:07 PM
It was only an idea, off course your right....

Considering the Robes in Kotor 2 already hvbe gloves it isn't really needed for the armors and robes.It would only cause problems.
I really don't know what to do with the default clothes in that case.....
 Jolly Boots
08-15-2005, 8:07 PM
I dont really get it, if you make those models unique items then what would become their default clothing? x_X
Their default clothing will belong to "Attons Ribbed Vest" and "Miras Ballistic Jacket" (haven't you ever noticed those two extra pieces of clothing?) The ones I think should be placed in the game are jacket/vest less versions that will belong to default clothing.
 Mono_Giganto
08-15-2005, 9:40 PM
It can't really be done. Clothing is defined by a single model. If you removed the jacket, it would be removed for their special clothes as well. Not to mention that I doubt the shirt mesh continues beneath the jacket, you'd have to remodel the whole shirt.
 Jolly Boots
08-15-2005, 9:57 PM
It can't really be done. Clothing is defined by a single model. If you removed the jacket, it would be removed for their special clothes as well. Not to mention that I doubt the shirt mesh continues beneath the jacket, you'd have to remodel the whole shirt.
I would say make a new item for the default clothing, it would act like clothing but actually be like armor for the specific character while the vestless and jacklet skins would take the place of where the default clothing was. And I know about that modeling thing. I asked for help on that but nobody seemed to want to. (and yes I did check the tutorials but svoshes really should have better grammar skills.)
 Darkkender
08-16-2005, 12:59 AM
I would say make a new item for the default clothing, it would act like clothing but actually be like armor for the specific character while the vestless and jacklet skins would take the place of where the default clothing was. And I know about that modeling thing. I asked for help on that but nobody seemed to want to. (and yes I did check the tutorials but svoshes really should have better grammar skills.)

The problem is those clothing skins are based on custom models for Atton & mira. The only way to enable the clothes would be to change the starting model for all of player entries or renaming atton & mira's model files to match the default player mdl file.
 Jolly Boots
08-16-2005, 1:37 AM
The problem is those clothing skins are based on custom models for Atton & mira. The only way to enable the clothes would be to change the starting model for all of player entries or renaming atton & mira's model files to match the default player mdl file.
Whats the problem there? Is that the only problem that it would be tedious work? Wouldn't it just be to change the models and skin, create the copies of the default models/skins, make them into new armor (disguised as clothing) and simply put it in override? I'm sorry that I'm ignorant with something like this. I simply don't see what would be the problem.
 JX117
08-16-2005, 1:59 AM
I am bored with the armor and disguises in KOTOR I
So i've been playing Tekken 3 for playstation alot lately
I was wondering someone Model a new disguise that looks like Yoshimitsu (Red Bladed not Green) from Tekken 3.
Also a new sword that looks like his Red sword.

Prefered Stats (Armor):
Defense Bonus 10
Strength +10
Immunity: Critical Hits

Prefered Stats (Blade):

Damage 10- 20 (Energy)

All Level Power Attack
All level Flurry
All Level Crititcal Hit

P.S.
(I Recomend you own the game
 Ztalker
08-16-2005, 5:28 AM
Hmmm...

I came up with something. If you equip armor an (example) Atton, the left arm is vissible. If you equip it on Bao-Dur, he just keeps the default energy-arm, that begins right on the shoulder. Isn't something like that possible? For Example: If you have the Cybernetic-arm, it stays in the form of a glove, and the armor-texture on the hand (like bao-dur) isn't used? This can be done for every clothing, i think.
 Mono_Giganto
08-16-2005, 2:18 PM
@ Jolly Boots

You do have to take into account where people live. Svosh's tutorials may not have perfect English, but it's not because he's lazy. He lives in Quebec, and even though he's English, he just used to French. ;) Quebec imposes a lot of laws concerning language, and French is by far the dominant language of the two. Once you get the basics of modelling down, his tutorials make perfect sense.

@ Ztalker

Two problems with this. One, is that Bao-Dur's arm was added by making a completely separate armor model for each of Bao-Dur's armors. As such, we cant just added an arm like you describe. The other is that to accomplish this, you would need an extra 12 or so columns in the appearance.2da file, and we can't add columns, much less make them recognized by the game.
 Jolly Boots
08-16-2005, 2:21 PM
You still haven't explained why my idea cannot be done.
 The_Maker
08-16-2005, 2:53 PM
I dont know how it could be said with more detail but here it is again.
Even if it IS tedious work the problem is there are no avalible models to replace the old clothing, that and the fact that the Ballistic Mesh jacket and Ribbed jacket models are the same as the clothes models means if you replace the clothing models the jacket models will change also. It would also require a lot of 2da editing, mdl/mdx renaming, and texture renaming. If you did make the jacket models unique items what would you use for their normal clothing?

See the problem?

One more thing, we modders do these things in our free time... this aint a service where you request something and in 24-48 we send you the finished product ;)
 Mono_Giganto
08-16-2005, 3:33 PM
You still haven't explained why my idea cannot be done.

Yes I did.

And besides, I don't have to explain why your idea can't be done. I'm not required to explain myself to you. I've been modding these games since February 04, and I know my stuff. Especially since your request involves modelling. And I'm telling you, if you remove the jacket for the default clothes, it will be removed for the special jackets as well. And there really aren't any cloumns to take advantage of in appearance.2da, at the very least, not for Mira. Besides, since both characters come with their special suit, clothing isn't something you EVER need to equip on them anyway.
 Darth333
08-16-2005, 3:40 PM
Since we now have a subforum just for mod requests, I am locking this gigantic thread. You can now start a new thread for your modding requests :)

Just check the rules sticky first :p
Page: 4 of 4