Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Mod Requests Thread (#5)

Page: 1 of 4
 T7nowhere
05-18-2005, 2:15 AM
Same deal as before. Do you have an idea for a KotOR or TSL mod you would like, But don't know how to make it or have the time. Then this is where you can make your mod request, but since you are making a request you must understand that modding is usually a hobby that People do in there spare time and that they have Full time jobs. When you make a request please keep this in mind.

Ok this time were going to try this thread with a few rules, for posting in this thread. I'll keep this as brief as possible.

1. This thread is for the discussion of mod requests. Any discussion of how to make a mod or off topic discussion will be directed to the main Holowan Forum or deleted (@ moderator discretion).

2. Before you make a request please check the Tools and mods stuck, http://www.pcgamemods.com/) and http://www.lucasfiles.com/) KotOR section. It is possible that your desired mod has been made already. Also check Where can I find mods? (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=143413)

3. When you make your request please be descriptive and take the time to think about what it is you would like to see, after all you’re the one making the request but if someone chooses to make it they will need as much information about it as possible. Also it takes time and effort to make a mod and the request should involve thought and effort on your part.

4. DO NOT Request Porting Any Resources from another game into KotOR, This includes Porting resources from TSL to KotOR or Vise versa . Taking copyrighted and proprietary materials from another game and Using then in KotOR Mods will not be Tolerated as this is quite illegal.

5. Final, Please be respectful towards Holowan's Modders.

IF you would like to scan the old request threads or continue on going discussion, you can find them here:
Request thread 1 (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=128018)
Request thread 2 (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=134203)
Request thread 3 (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=144857)
Request thread 4 (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=145243)
 sith_master2000
05-18-2005, 7:14 AM
I would like to see a modification of Prime's great robe mod that has a re-skin of Luke's Tunic (the one he fights in, not his robe) so that it looks like Qui-Gon's dueling robe, because it's my favourite robe from the movie. I know that there are the re-skins for the KotOR I robes with the pads but I want to see a re-skin of the Luke tunic, that'd be sweeet :D .
 Smilodon
05-18-2005, 7:29 AM
I am still looking for a fix which removes the "permanently on" bug of lightsabers with the cyan color crystal. Searching in the Holowan I only found two suitable mods, but unfortunately those are not available for download anymore 8[

For a more detailed description about this bug (if you don't know about it yet) take a look into this thread:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=145726&highlight=cyan)

:)
 DuffmanDan
05-18-2005, 8:14 AM
i was wondering if jolee's clothing model was in tsl.

one of my fav mods for the original was redhawke's jolee clothing mod for the pc's :D

if its possible, i was wondering if it was possible to adjust jolee's robe so that it used his clothing model, or just give some part of tsl a new look, from the old days ;)
 Colma Adawin
05-18-2005, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by MattColejk
To ALL Avaliable Modellers!

I Was wondering if one (or more) of you could model, a FEMALE STORMTROOPER ARMOUR? the pic is below:

The Picture that was supplied by Lion54:
(if your offended by women showing there belly buttons, please dont click, it could offend)

http://photobucket.com/albums/y198/DS615/C3%20Girls/?action=view&current=C3035.jpg)

The Thread that was 'discovered'

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=1813923#post1813923)

I Feel many ppl will like these in there game, making it unique, it'll be a great addition to the game ;)

MattCole

OH DEAR LORD HE QUOTED HIMSELF!!! (saddo) ;)

Anyway, seeing as this is a new Mod Request Thread i thought i'd bring this to ppl's attention, becoz in the last thread it just got ' oh that looks nice' and 'WOW'

I'm after a Capable modeller who has the time and patience to model the above screenie.

It Would make a nice addition to the Stormtrooper Armour i have in the Ebon Hawk.

Please could someone model this for me?

MattCole
 Seprithro
05-18-2005, 12:55 PM
not a bad idea matt, but why not a sith armor instead, ( i am one of those people who thinks its dumb to have storm troppers in the KOTOR era :D ) i could model a female sith armor (in time) if you like
 Colma Adawin
05-18-2005, 1:24 PM
PERFECT!

Sep, if you could do that for me, i'd Love you. ;)

i'd also be very grateful, becoz, its not very often we get ppl playing KotOR II as Female, so i believe this is just another incentive to play Female ;)

........ NAH!!! I Just want this really cool looking Armour ready for when i play Female :thumbsup:

MattCole
 sciamano
05-18-2005, 1:24 PM
Can someone create an imperial guard helmet?
 Darth Smaug
05-18-2005, 2:11 PM
Is there a mod to get a mace windu skin? cause i can't find it.I have the saber mod with his saber but i'm looking for a skin. Anyone?
 ChAiNz.2da
05-18-2005, 2:44 PM
Originally posted by Darth Smaug
Is there a mod to get a mace windu skin? cause i can't find it.I have the saber mod with his saber but i'm looking for a skin. Anyone?

http://www.pcgamemods.com/12495/)
 Bob Lion54
05-18-2005, 2:58 PM
It might not be worth mentioning, but the Female stormtrooper armour link was supplied by lukeiamyourdad. It was for a different picture, though.

I just found the pic on the link he supplied, and actually Emperor Devon pointed out there where more pics.

Not to be picky or anything, but I dont want to "steal" credit, even for just supplying a pic, when it wasn't really me who found it.
 Robra The Hutt
05-18-2005, 3:26 PM
There don't seem to be any real new quest/area mods out there, I would request a multi tiered quest that starts out as one mission and, if there is interest, can be added on to. The idea behind this being you are "contacted" after completing this first mission. The first mission can be completed, and the modder can work on further expanding this idea, or just quitting.

This would at least add several smaller quests, and avoid some mods from going unfinished because of "lack of time or interest." on the modders part.
 Nodakrattler
05-18-2005, 6:05 PM
Originally posted by Seprithro
not a bad idea matt, but why not a sith armor instead, ( i am one of those people who thinks its dumb to have storm troppers in the KOTOR era :D ) i could model a female sith armor (in time) if you like

Hey Sep,

Why don't you just bring over this mod (http://www.starwarsknights.com/view.php?screen=modshots/sepl1.jpg)?) Link is for screenshot only.

It's kind of what they're look for, well except for the skin.
 ubercarl
05-18-2005, 6:24 PM
hello,

i've been trying to reskin the bald headed asian with the goatie and let me just say this: i suck at modding.

i wanted to make him much much darker with really light green eyes. also, i wanted to loose the goatie. finally, i thought it'd be cool to have small blue or green glowing tatoos under his eyes that look like sandskit. can any one help me out? i'm still trying to figure this out but if someone could hook me up it'd be awesome!

thanks to all the great modders BTW!
 Emperor Devon
05-18-2005, 6:38 PM
Originally posted by Nodakrattler
Hey Sep,

Why don't you just bring over this mod (http://www.starwarsknights.com/view.php?screen=modshots/sepl1.jpg)?) Link is for screenshot only.

It's kind of what they're look for, well except for the skin.

That mod has been out for months. It's at the featured mods section of SWknights.
 Jeff
05-18-2005, 6:44 PM
Originally posted by ubercarl
i suck at modding.
Advice: Don't think this, or you will never get better at it ;)

Originally posted by ubercarl
i wanted to make him much much darker with really light green eyes. also, i wanted to loose the goatie. finally, i thought it'd be cool to have small blue or green glowing tatoos under his eyes that look like sandskit. can any one help me out? i'm still trying to figure this out but if someone could hook me up it'd be awesome!
Well, if you want to get rid of the goatee, first I would try this mod (http://www.pcgamemods.com/12020/) by maverick187 and Darth Melignous. It eliminates the billy goat chin, so it doesn't have a goatee.
 ubercarl
05-18-2005, 11:28 PM
thanks darthmoeller! i actually saw this one and like it a lot. but i like the bald head look of the original head.............. maybe once i figure out how to edit heads i can start with his, then i could make him a bit darker skinned and get the tatoos on his face............. or something. haha

i'll give it a go but if anyone wants to help me out i'd definately appreciate it!

thanks all!
 Tyler_TDA
05-19-2005, 1:59 AM
I was wonder is there a mod or is it possible to make it so when you hit something with a lightsaber that it cuts off arms legs etc for Tsl?:D

Asked for it to be in request sticky and now it shall:D
 Darkkender
05-19-2005, 2:01 AM
Originally posted by DuffmanDan
i was wondering if jolee's clothing model was in tsl.

one of my fav mods for the original was redhawke's jolee clothing mod for the pc's :D

if its possible, i was wondering if it was possible to adjust jolee's robe so that it used his clothing model, or just give some part of tsl a new look, from the old days ;)

It looks to me like your new so I'll go easy.

The answer is "No, and No." The reason is this falls currently within the category of porting resources from one game to the next which you may not have been aware of.

To further explain Jolee's clothes/robes that were custom to him are based off of a custom body model for his character in KOTOR 1. Since this body model and the texture that it used are not present in TSL they cannot be imported in legally and cannot be discussed here at the forums.

Now if somebody is able to figure out how to modify an existing body model to closely resemble jolee's robe/clothes model from K1 with something like Taina's replacer tool then we might be in business.
 Lucied
05-19-2005, 7:23 AM
i just want a real easy mod could somebody give the Bald Head Guy Like bright blue eyes perfect for a lightside
 cate_kroft
05-19-2005, 9:13 AM
Originally posted by Lucied
i just want a real easy mod could somebody give the Bald Head Guy Like bright blue eyes perfect for a lightside

From which game K1 or K2?
 RevanA4
05-19-2005, 9:44 AM
how about a mod that lets you companions gain the light side and darksid masteries when you get them this is for K2
 Lucied
05-19-2005, 4:15 PM
Originally posted by cate_kroft
From which game K1 or K2?

K2
 Robra The Hutt
05-20-2005, 5:59 PM
Is it something I said?
Or do people really hate
new quest mods?!
 sith_master2000
05-20-2005, 6:05 PM
Originally posted by Robra The Hutt
Is it something I said?
Or do people really hate
new quest mods?!
New quest mods are very time consuming and not a lot of people have time to make them. If you be patient one of the modders may take you up on your request.
 Darkkender
05-21-2005, 2:25 AM
Originally posted by sith_master2000
New quest mods are very time consuming and not a lot of people have time to make them. If you be patient one of the modders may take you up on your request.

To add to this also when making a mod request please specify which game you want the mod for.

Also just because you request something does not mean one of us will pick this up. All the modders here at Holowan do these in our freetime and have projects that we have in the works. Those of us trying to think of an idea of what to make will browse this thread and get some inspiration alot of times and go from there.

When you say you want new sidequests try to elaborate on what you want to see in there and what planet you would like it to appear on or if you want a new planet. Give us something to work with for an idea description and we will be more motivated to consider the mod.
 REDJOHNNYMIKE
05-21-2005, 1:22 PM
Hello I'm new to modding, I'd try to make this myself but I'd have no idea how(I'm still trying to get my kotor tool to work). So anyway I would like to request several items for KotorI.

One armor withe male and female versions for pc and npcs, and
one "visor".

I think that the mandalorian armor seems a little too much like an environment suit (please don't use force choke on me, for dissing coolest armor in the game) but I think that a few mandalorians would have wanted a more open-air feel the blood hit your skin kind of armor, so these hardcore dudes ripped most of the lower layers out for a more enjoyable bloodbath experience, ( and so female warriors who bought their armor would show a little more skin ;).
If this screenshot doesn't work for you let me know and I'll try to find a better way to get it in here. http://img176.echo.cx/img176/1859/1a4zc.jpg)

Like I said I'm pretty new at this so I put a screenshot in MS Paint and then scribbled on it. (it actually took me over an hour to do this and I put my face in just because I was bored)

If you can It would be great to have balanced and overpowered versions of each so every one could use it, thats just four pieces of armor.

I didn't think trying to draw textures in Paint would look very good so it looks fairly plain. Do you think that you could also put in wear-and-tear and battle-scars, and could you make the white reflective and shiny and the red a stonelike dull nonreflective.
And maybe a little less coverage on the female models, (hey it just makes the game look al that much better;)

I don't know if it's legal to make team related stuff in mods but if it's not possible just an incredibly overpowered scarlet an grey(any design or texture) backwards hat would be awesome!(maybe another mod that gives malak a blue and maize hat haha)

I don't know if this can be made as a unique item so it wouldn't conlfict with anyone elses mods or overwrite anything.

I looked around and couldn't find anything like this except for the blood red armor mod which I accidentally deleted and now can't find.

This is my first mod request, I tried to follow all the rules (especially number three=P).

If someone would be kind enough to make this I would be more than happy to return the favor when I figure out how to do this stuff.

Thank You For Reading This,
RED
 vicious-vader
05-21-2005, 2:54 PM
Hello i would like a mod request for TSL, i would like the Telos planet have like a sky with sun and clouds instead of stars on the skys that would be nice and another request for the grass to be orange for datoonie. THX!
 Renegade Angel
05-21-2005, 4:07 PM
How about a skip Telos Mining Facility and skip The planet Telos mod?
 Emperor Devon
05-21-2005, 4:59 PM
Originally posted by Chains
How about a skip Telos Mining Facility and skip The planet Telos mod?

How about you just warp to the planet you usually go to after Telos?
 Renegade Angel
05-22-2005, 8:21 AM
Originally posted by Emperor Devon
How about you just warp to the planet you usually go to after Telos?

How about you realize that I'll be missing a couple of party members?
 Colma Adawin
05-22-2005, 8:30 AM

He has a point Emporer_Devon.

So Basicly chains, your requesting a mod that skips Peragus and Telos but with all the gainable characters from those planets.

have a look in the Scripting Tutorial, it may be in there, and you could release this as your own maybe? ;)

MattCole
 Emperor Devon
05-22-2005, 11:25 AM

How about you get a skip Peragus mod (so you'll get your first few party members), warp to Telos' surface to get Bao - Dur, and then warp to the planet after Telos? You can use KSE to give yourself the main quest.
 sith_master2000
05-23-2005, 5:13 AM
Can anyone supply a new head modeling tutorial? Well I suppose it's not exactly a new head but I want to give one of the PC characters a helmet and I'm not sure how to go about it. I successfully model a new lightsaber (not going to release but will send screens if anyone wants to see it) but modeling a head is quite different. Or maybe: Origionally said by Yoda
No, no different, only different in your mind!

Anywho can anyone help?
 Commas
05-23-2005, 8:43 PM
a head modelling tutorial would be pretty helpful (however im definetly not the one to write it) stoffe -mbk- has an appearance.2da tutorial in the 2da forum that is a good place to start, but i followed it, and still could not get my head to work.

today i took a crack at making a new female twi'lek pc that you could pic from the start of the menu but i simply could not figure it out, so what i'm asking is if any of the people out there that know how to do this, if i send you the textures could you do the 2da work to make it selectable from the beginning? send me a PM with your email and i'll send you the textures and give you a little more detail on what i'm trying to do. thanks
 REDJOHNNYMIKE
05-24-2005, 12:19 AM
There was a mod in PCGamemods I wanted to try but it was all polish or something, it was called project yavin, it looked pretty cool and the description for it said there would be an english version, does anyone know anything, I lokked for a thread on this, couldn't find it, so I'm making a mod request for info.
 mrdefender
05-24-2005, 9:50 PM
This might sound odd but can someone make me a script that makes force crush instantly kill someone? (or half damage if they do a save or whatever)

I've tried many times myself but it just doesn't seem to work for me for some frustrating reason :(

I know of other mods that does this but it also modifies other force powers, no mod yet for only force crush :(

If you could PM me if anyone has such a mod (i.e only force crush modded), It would be greatly appreciated!! :)

Thanks! :)
 etherealsilk
05-25-2005, 3:28 AM
Alright I have been mulling an idea through my head for a mod for TSL a while now and since its summer now I've decided to fill the idea out a bit. This post can be taken both as a request for a mod as well as a request for help in direction on working on this mod. Anyways, on to the idea.

I was thinking of making a mod that would change the gameplay style of the game basically, by making it so that getting hit was far more damaging and deadly. For me personally the beginning of the game was funner because it was more tense, if you got hit by a blaster at that point it was very damaging if not deadly. I would propose a mod that would create this type of gameplay throughout the game. How I was thinking of doing this was through several different changes. The first and most obvious is to change the hitpoints of all units, PC and NPC included, reducing the hitpoints and thus amplifying the damage of all weapons. Going hand in hand with this I would think tweaking of all the weapons would be necessary to keep them balanced and not make them all just as equally deadly.

The second aspect of change would be two-fold, changing both the armor class of units and the to-hit chances of units. The idea behind this is to make it much more difficult to hit units and to get hit. This would make all of the battles last longer and be more up to chance as you would have to hope your characters rolled that critical roll to hit the enemy.

Those are the two basic changes that would be made in my idea mod, followed by tweaking and balancing for things such as saving throws and force power damage, duration, etc. Obviously this is a mod that would take some time to create, at least from my perspective. Then again thats why I'm here requesting help. I was thinking of trying to make changes to how much your stats impact your abilities, such as AC, to-hit and hitpoints but I have been unsuccessful finding out where to change those things. It was through stat impact tweaking that I was hoping to change your to hit, ac, etc. Anyways, any help in that would be much appreciated, as well as suggestions on how to further proceed with this mod. Thanks for reading this drawn out post and giving any help you can.
 Robra The Hutt
05-25-2005, 9:03 PM
Fair enough.

Korriban, you find a group of scavengers fighting off...
say the dark side dragons ;) Upon entering the situation,
they beg for help, you can choose to help them or
leave them to their doom. Upon helping, they thank you,
but plead for help to recover some "item of great import
to our patron"... you are given the choice of helping,
demanding their loot, killing them, or asking "why should
I?" According to them, they are hired by a well off society
of gentlemen. Force persuade... "that's all we know"
Now, this item may be in the tomb, or a new side area,
or just in the shyrak cave. Upon retrieval, the first part
may end, and you recieve some moderately interesting
item... if people adore it, it can be evolved into a more
complicated series of events that'll drag you across all
the planets. ;) Just a rough idea, I'd help any modder
100% with ideas, dialogue, V-O's (have good equipment),
balanced item ideas, etc

If someone was interested, I'd even get into the toolsets
and offer extra help.

PS, this is not a "well thought out" series of interactions,
just somethin off the top of my head.
 Juha Avery
05-26-2005, 4:32 PM
If its possible to make ALL the enemies and bosses (or your character so powerful.=) that you can for example grip him so he lifts up high ^^. Basicly what im asking that is is possible to make every boss and enemy to be vulnerable for all the force powers. Usually if you try grip on Nhilus or Sion, he just saves it.

It would make the darkside playing more fun and more powerful feeling to if you can actually grip sith lords :D.
 Emperor Devon
05-26-2005, 8:42 PM
Originally posted by Juha Avery
If its possible to make ALL the enemies and bosses (or your character so powerful.=) that you can for example grip him so he lifts up high ^^. Basicly what im asking that is is possible to make every boss and enemy to be vulnerable for all the force powers. Usually if you try grip on Nhilus or Sion, he just saves it.

It would make the darkside playing more fun and more powerful feeling to if you can actually grip sith lords :D.

You never run out of requests. :lol:

If you want to do that yourself, it is a very simple process.

Download KOTOR tool (No need to be afraid... This is a simple operation... ;) )

Go to BIFS
Go to templates
Go to blueprint, character
Here you'll see tons of character files. For the SIth Lords you want to edit, click either n_darthsion.utc, n_darthnihilus.utc, or p_kreia_evil.utc
There'll be a lot of options here. Click on statistics, and set wisdom and charisma to 0. If for some strange reason you can't do this, PM me and modify then e-mail the file(s) to you.

As if the Sith Lords aren't already weak enough... :rolleyes:
 Darth Occido
07-08-2005, 10:57 PM
I would like some Darth Bandon Robes (with appropriate stats) usable by male and female

maybe like a sith cloak with a hood that would cover part of the face

I've always wanted a lightsaber with lance type handgaurd

(all for TSL)
 Bobo
07-08-2005, 11:21 PM
lol i doubt anyone has ever requested this but...

Someone do a Link Skinpack!

Ok let me list what would be needed

1 Link's Head

2 Links Tunic

3 Master Sword

4 Hylian Sheild

5 Sounds

1: Links Head is currently Impossbile to do i beleve, as it requires modeling of the head. It would require modeling the ears, the hair, Add a Hat, and do some facial work.

2: Links Tunic would be easier. It would be easy to Reskin a Jedi Tunic from Kotor 1 (in someones skinpack, i forget but htey added the K1 Robes to K2)

3: Mastersword, easy Remodeling of a Sword in game

4: Hylian sheild isnt as impossbile as it looks. First of all, you can remodel a Sword to go backwards onto the arm of the Player. It might look a bit weird, but its possible

5: Sounds can be recorded from a Video game or found off the internet

Other Tips to someone who takes intrest to this idea::

1. Someone made an incredible Link for Jedi Academy. Of cOurse there is policys for transfering items from JA to KOTOR, the Link was not made by Raven Software, and can be switched over with permission by the Creator.

2. Same goes with everything else, With permission from the Creater of that link skin, you can easily get the Mastersword, Hylian Sheild, and Link Sounds easier. However the head would still need work, from prying it off that model and make it for KOTOR

---------

Also, you can also do a Fairy too for our good link. Remodel a version of Bao-Dur's remote, and make it follow the Main Player around. Giving you Navi, Tatl or any kind of fairy.

Hope this inspires some Zelda fans. ive been High on zelda for a few weeks now lol.

--Bobo
 Aash Li
07-08-2005, 11:35 PM
While you can't remodel the head to have those silly super-long ears, you can recolour textures so that he has blonde hair and whatever colour eyes he has.
---

I was reading that I hate d20 thread over on Obsidian, and I had an idea:

A mod that removes all grave robbing. You still get xp for knocking off the bad-guys... and you can still take their weapons and their armour, but everything else is not there...

Just an idea, probly not even possible.
 RevanA4
07-09-2005, 2:41 AM
um ok I've tried this my self about 5 time can some one make the handmaiden a playable character everytime i use kse or my files her head dissapears

please

*gets down on hands and knees and begs*
 Darth Smaug
07-09-2005, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by jedigoku
um ok I've tried this my self about 5 time can some one make the handmaiden a playable character everytime i use kse or my files her head dissapears

please

*gets down on hands and knees and begs*

You meand make the handmaiden a PC???
 RevanA4
07-09-2005, 10:17 AM
yeah
 Darth Smaug
07-09-2005, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by jedigoku
yeah

And KSE isn't a good help?? I think it cna be done with KSE easely..:confused:
 RevanA4
07-09-2005, 10:20 AM
but then the haindmaidens head disapears when you get her:confused:
 MdKnightR
07-09-2005, 12:17 PM
The only reason that I am posting this request again is because it got lost when the forums crashed. Hopefully whoever it was (sorry that I can't remember your nick) that agreed to try to build my lightsaber will see this and tell me how it is coming along. If anyone remembers who it was (he was the guy building the saber that looked like a cross between Anakin/Luke's and Exar Kun's sabers) please let me know so I can add him to my buddy list again. If I can't get back in touch with the guy, is there anyone else who would be interested in making this saber for TSL? Please!

Unfortunately, I didn't write down the URL of the images I posted to ImageShack, so I am including a link to my yahoo photos instead. Here are the screenshots again...

http://photos.yahoo.com/mr_g_23)

There are many other things here, just look for the lightsaber album at the top of the page.

MdKnightR
Page: 1 of 4