Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

2 odd questions...

Page: 1 of 1
 JeeMonkey
02-08-2005, 8:47 PM
2 odd questions....

QUESTION 1: if i have a room with walls all around it and an open doorway (no door)......can i put an area portal in the door way to seal the room off during the VIS process?????

QUESTION 2: there is this great music i found on a dvd that i want to use in my map....only i dont have a dvd burner......i might be able to rip the files off the dvd using my schools computers.....but i dont know how to separate the video feed from the music feed.......also assuming that i can not rip the files off the dvd, how well would the quality of the music be if i put a sound recorder up next to my speakers while i played the music?
dont worry, im not ripping the music off for monetary gain.....its for pleasure not profit.
 lassev
02-09-2005, 1:57 AM
Originally posted by JeeMonkey
QUESTION 1: if i have a room with walls all around it and an open doorway (no door)......can i put an area portal in the door way to seal the room off during the VIS process?????

No.
 El Sitherino
02-09-2005, 7:54 AM
Originally posted by JeeMonkey
QUESTION 2: there is this great music i found on a dvd that i want to use in my map....only i dont have a dvd burner You don't need a dvd burner to rip dvds or dvd audio. Only a dvd-rom. If you can play a dvd in your computer you have a dvd rom. What you need is an audio extractor.
 JeeMonkey
02-09-2005, 3:17 PM
Originally posted by lassev
No.
why not???

also where do i get an audio extractor?

also..... the roofs of my buildings are models.....does that mean that even if i add a door w/ an area portal inside the door.....that the room wil not be entirly sealed off from the vis process???
-----if the answer to this is yes, then how do u sugesst i go about fixing this problem????
 JeeMonkey
02-09-2005, 11:29 PM
the audio extractor isnt gonna work casue the music files on the dvd are not in mp3 wav or any other format that can be extracted from the DVD using an audio extractor...... is there any other hackers program that i can download that will help me in this problem????
 demo
02-10-2005, 4:58 PM
well speacking of wich if its music only you canget a really good mic and put it next to yyour speacker and use windows media encoder if you have it may not work but
 JeeMonkey
02-10-2005, 9:38 PM
well actually i have done that already with a mic that came with my previous desktop.....the music is recorded pretty well but theres this white noise in the background......i dont want to repell players from my map with possible sublimin messages hidden behind the white noise
 demo
02-11-2005, 12:20 PM
you need a really really good mic
and only muic must be heard nothing else
 El Sitherino
02-11-2005, 12:46 PM
-_- Audio extractors rip the music into selected format. DVD's are usually in .ac3 or .dts format. Google search for a dvd audio ripper.
Page: 1 of 1