Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Bounty Hunter Missions mod ideas

Page: 1 of 1
 Doom_Dealer
11-24-2004, 5:56 AM
OK folks, ive re-ordered KOTOR (long story) and when it finally comes through the post ive decided to start working on a Bounty Hunter Terminal mod.

The idea is, is that you go to this terminal, select your mission and you get transported to the module(s) that contain your target and his 'friends' etc. etc.

i.e. it would be a combat based mod, with more of the rpg side for those who are better with scripts.

Now, you see i said 'those', well i basically want this to be a community based project, something everyone can add to if they feel like it. But first

i want to add around 5 missions of my own for the first release, and i dont really have any ideas. I.e. i want suggestions of scenarios, characters, areas etc. etc. you would like in such missions. OK first bit done

Now, about the 'community' bit. I'd like to encourage more people into area creation. Ive already written a tutorial on the subjerct and my idea is. IS that if you want to make a simple, or even complicated combat (or more) bounty hunter mission in a module as a starter point, or maybe jsut as practice for the exhisting skill, then you can send it me, and i could include it in an update.

i.e. its basically a 'holowan bounty hunter terminal'. Where if you want to ber a part, however basic your module might be you can be. You could even make yourself the target if you wanted.

All these player missions would be put on the list of missions in the dlg from the terminal with appropriate reference to who made them.....

so to some up:
1. I need ideas for the initial missions...
2. Would anyone be interested in this type of long term project???
3. Do you think its really worth it????
 Darth_ToMeR
11-24-2004, 9:27 AM
Nice idea. Do you want Bounty missions, just to kill someone, or something else?
 Doom_Dealer
11-24-2004, 9:57 AM
I dont know, its an early idea. Hence why im asking for ideas of what people might want to see in such a mod
 kampher
11-24-2004, 11:39 AM
I think it would be an excellent idea. (if done right) I also think this could be a cool way to integrate the new Boba Fett armor Once its completed. Maybe you could kill a fellow bounty hunter to obtain his armor or something. Just an idea. Might even make me start learning how to mod a bit.
 Mono_Giganto
11-24-2004, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by kampher
I think it would be an excellent idea. (if done right) I also think this could be a cool way to integrate the new Boba Fett armor Once its completed. Maybe you could kill a fellow bounty hunter to obtain his armor or something. Just an idea. Might even make me start learning how to mod a bit.

Actually, I was thinking the same thing, it might be a good idea to have a store in the office where you can by hunter's equipment or something.
 pie_man101
11-24-2004, 12:36 PM
Seems like an interesting idea. For one of the harder levels you could be assigned to kill a sith lord with a fleet or something protecting him. For some reason, I think this plan would work nicely on Manaan (huge map?).

Anyway, the concept would fit better for a FPS game, not an RPG. Great project though.
 josho-fo
11-24-2004, 1:23 PM
edit : never mind they already stated it in their initial commnet

I have an Idea for how to acess the bounties.

Maybe you could place a terminal in the Ebon Hawk and have the current bounties displayed on it. It would be like connecting to the "holonet" or something I guess.
 su27
11-25-2004, 1:30 AM
There should be a chance for your targets to convince you to not kill them. You could be paid more to do so, or even become a friend/lover of them, recruit them to your party and kill the employer who wanted him/her dead :)
 Mono_Giganto
11-25-2004, 5:04 AM
Originally posted by josho-fo
edit : never mind they already stated it in their initial commnet

I have an Idea for how to acess the bounties.

Maybe you could place a terminal in the Ebon Hawk and have the current bounties displayed on it. It would be like connecting to the "holonet" or something I guess.

I like the idea of the Holonet lol...

Maybe, the first screen on the Terminal can be a sort of Search Engine, and you search the names of modders who have contributed... :^:
 Durge
11-25-2004, 5:05 AM
It you relly wanted this mod to be specail you could take a part from korriban add a bunch of guys in the cantina and put a hutt model in there (call him jabba) and you can get the bounties from him (and possibly raise the price if you scare the hutt enough) and like
kamphersaid you can havethe teleporter in the Eban Hawk somewhere then you can buy your BH equitment from boba or some other guy( if you use just the cantina it will look just like jabbas throne room)
just an idea
 PrtyLizardJedi
11-25-2004, 6:16 AM
I think ya should put one on every planet. Mission I mean. And make them challenging
 Renegade Angel
11-29-2004, 6:20 AM
I think you should have a few characters (if you take this idea please name one of the men with bounties on his head Gus Kenobi-A former bounty hunter who goes insane and kills his fellow bounty hunters.) with bounties on their head. These characters should be stronger than the ones on Taris and use stealth to get around without being seen. Most should be on a new planet called Haresh which is a planet I am starting to model.:fett:
 epikon
11-29-2004, 6:33 AM
i would personally wait until TSL
 Drog
12-01-2004, 3:45 AM
Hi there DD =) long time ago no seen , i can help you with this .. (msn conversation) Im on... Good Idea
 MysticTeal96
12-03-2004, 4:59 AM
I think you should combine a few of the above ideas, have a central place to get the jobs (either the Hutt or the console) but make the jobs on several or all of the planets (diversity is a good thing) plus that will allow you to take advantage of the different characters/races each planet has to offer, like the invisible Mandalorians on Kashyyyk. I also think you should have some missions that require you to take out a heavily protected Sith or Republic Officer (custom skin?) that would add some challenge.
Just a few ideas but I am still new at this.
Page: 1 of 1