Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Gift to the DF2E Team

Page: 1 of 1
 Darth_Linux
10-27-2004, 3:29 PM
Hi guys involved with DF2E and SOTE

The second demo is a bit of a gift to you! We want your mod to succeed so permission is hereby granted to you to use whatever assets you can from the 2nd Demo for JA in your DF2E/SOTE mod.

BUT - you must give full credit to our Mod and the original author(s) of the asset used (as found in strings/english/credits.str) in your release notes for any/all assets borrowed from DFMOD. You must also release your mod under the GNU General Public License agreement, version 2, for this "gift" to be valid. If you can not agree to these terms then you may NOT use any assets found in the Dark Forces Mod for Jedi Academy, released 10/27/2004.

thanks in advance
Darth_Linux
 CortoCG
10-28-2004, 4:54 AM
Is there a SOTE mod on the way too??? Great!
 Shamus
10-29-2004, 5:48 AM
/me wonders what SOTE is... :confused:

On behalf of the DF2 MOD team, I would like to say a hearty thank you! :)

And you bring up a good point--I'll have to make sure that the rest of the team is OK with the GPL2 as well as making that clear on the mod site's texture page.

Perhaps our teams can collaborate a bit in the future. Or at least lend some help and advice to each other... :D
 Lundquist
10-29-2004, 6:13 AM
SOTE is probably "Shadows of the Empire" Though I didn't know there was going to be a mod based on that either - excellent:)
 Gen. Armageddon
10-29-2004, 7:36 AM
this is good, itll save the DF2 mod team time on making a number of enemies and other stuff as well but I somehow dont think that well be using too many textures from your mod(maybe a few), for the most part the textures in the 2 games are just too different, but thanks. BTW I played the second demo(haven't we all)and the thermal detonator looks great.
 jp-30
10-29-2004, 9:39 AM
Do the DF2E & SOTE mods have websites?
 Pahricida
10-29-2004, 9:44 AM
Originally posted by jp-30
Do the DF2E & SOTE mods have websites?

yes I'd also like to know that ... there already was a DF2:E Website some time ago but it didn only show a webbanner.

SO far DF2E is
http://shamusworld.gotdns.org/df2mod)
 Darth_Linux
10-29-2004, 7:16 PM
shamus, do you have ICQ, AIM or MSN Messenger?
if so, post your nick and I'll be in touch with you.
 Fracman
10-30-2004, 12:15 AM
Attention: wrong slashes...
the SOTE mod is here: http://www.jedispy.com/sote/) :o
 The_One
10-31-2004, 1:50 AM
I've e-mailed Shamus about our team forums. Check your mail, dude!
 Shamus
10-31-2004, 5:37 AM
Sorry for the slow response--I've had to take care of a vehicle that had a chunk of the transmission fall off while driving down the road. :( Luckily no one was hurt and we were able to pull over without getting smashed up. :)

Anyway, I don't have AOL, ICQ or MSN Messenger, but I do have access to IRC. ;) And I got the email--I'll probably get set up later today.

More later... Gotta run. :cool:
 razorace
10-31-2004, 10:20 AM
Since everyone is still WIP on their maps, I'm going to suggest that every project contact me so that we can get every map set up to work in the CoOp gametype of OJP.

That way we can have everything set up before release instead of having to set things up post-release. Plus, by using the MP engine for your mods, you can have much more flexability to add new weapons, NPCs, etc.
 The_One
10-31-2004, 12:37 PM
It was always the plan for us to move over to the multiplayer engine - it's not like you've suddenly given us the idea. It was decided that we should go with MP after the JA tools had been released, by which point we were in the middle of getting our first demo converted to work with JA SP. We decided to do a 3-level demo for the single player engine, as for a SP mod it's easier to work with than MP - we could have gone with MP right away, but the demo would have taken way longer. So we opted to get the demo done in SP, and then move over to MP.

That has always been our plan; but now it seems that a load of people on this forum have just given us this idea. Believe me, we've known for the past year the only feasible way to get this mod done is by using the MP engine.
 Dart Zaidyer
10-31-2004, 7:10 PM
Using the MP engine to run a Single-player campaign? I've had this thought myself, but how would it work? Can MP really be rewritten so much as to work like Jedi Knight?
 razorace
10-31-2004, 8:36 PM
Well, it depends on what you're planning on doing.

You could technically rewrite the whole game to operate just like JK1 but I don't really see why you'd want to do that. The JKA saber system is far suprior and the NPC code is probably better as well.
 Dart Zaidyer
11-01-2004, 4:34 PM
I'm talking about SP flow... Start a game and you go through the chain of levels, complete with briefing and ROQ cutscenes and such.
I'd like to see finding all Secrets within a level being rewarded with a Force Star, just like the original. And let's not forget the different impact of your actions on the Light/Dark alignment scale.
 razorace
11-01-2004, 4:52 PM
That all should be doable.
 MikeGunther1969
11-01-2004, 8:20 PM
Originally posted by Dart Zaidyer
I'd like to see finding all Secrets within a level being rewarded with a Force Star, just like the original. And let's not forget the different impact of your actions on the Light/Dark alignment scale.

Force stars? we don't need no stinkin' force stars!!! Phtuey!!
 ImmolatedYoda
11-02-2004, 7:34 AM
Originally posted by MikeGunther1969
Force stars? we don't need no stinkin' force stars!!! Phtuey!!

In case you didn't notice, this thread is about the DF2E mod.
 MikeGunther1969
11-02-2004, 9:20 PM
So much for the Blazing Saddles rip......it sux getting old..........sigh
 Benevolence
11-02-2004, 10:28 PM
It's twue it's twue!
 MikeGunther1969
11-03-2004, 6:39 AM
Mayble you ought to put the William J Lepetomane Toll Booth...with a line of cowpokes on horseback as a secret place in the Blood Moon....as it kind of looks like the old west...Slim Pickens saying "someone go get us a S$%tload of dimes"
 jedispy
11-13-2004, 11:55 PM
Yes there is a SOTE mod in progress. It's still in the very early stages, but I've already begun some coding now.

DFMOD team, thanks for the permission. Of course I'd be happy to give props where credit is due. I just PM'ed The One before I read this thread....so sorry. :rolleyes:

Thanks again guys.
Page: 1 of 1