Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The Dark Trooper Phase 2 and 3

Page: 1 of 1
 Empire Defender
10-18-2004, 11:30 PM
Hi all. Just a little suggestion (I allow myself to do one). The DT Phase 1 is as tall as an human, ok... so you can use the same height for the other models (stormtrooper, kyle,...).
But the two other versions were greater than Kyle...
It was very frightning. So don't forget to make them tall !! ;)

Continue with this excellent job !!!! :) :)
 Benevolence
10-19-2004, 12:56 AM
We have a long way to go before you have to worry about that! I have no doubt Corto's darktroopers will be nothing less than awesome.
 plokoon9
10-19-2004, 1:51 PM
don't be shy... i wouldn't blame you no matter how tall and scary you make them. Make them as big and scary as hell. Just don't make me change my pants...
 CortoCG
11-11-2004, 4:35 AM
I can only guarantee that the phase 1 exoskeleton will phisically fit on the phase 2 armor, thus making it bigger. And the phase 3 must fit Mohc, so it has to be huge.
As for the concepts for the phases 2 and 3, well, they will be kept underwraps until the next release. I promise you it will be jaw dropping, nothing you've seen before.
 90SK
11-12-2004, 7:24 PM
Originally posted by CortoCG
... And the phase 3 must fit Mohc, so it has to be huge.

I know you ment well with this post, but it just sounds cruel;) :p .

Seriously though, I was wondering if there are plans for a Moff Rebus model, as I noticed the demo uses Rax. Not that it detracts from the game at all (and I love the voice acting of Rebus, very foppish:) ), I just remember rebus having shades on in DF:cool: (seriously).
 HapSlash
11-14-2004, 12:58 AM
Just out of curiosity,... Does the demo use rax exactly as he is in JA, or is it an altered skin of Rax?

All the screenshots I've seen just have the unaltered Rax.
 The_One
11-14-2004, 3:25 AM
Originally posted by HapSlash
Just out of curiosity,... Does the demo use rax exactly as he is in JA, or is it an altered skin of Rax?

All the screenshots I've seen just have the unaltered Rax.

I don't know, I thought you skinned him? :P
 TK-8252
11-14-2004, 9:37 AM
The demo has an unaltered Rax. I looked in the pk3 and saw a reskin with parts of Hap's Imperial Officer and wondered "why didn't they put in this new skin?" :p
 90SK
11-15-2004, 4:05 PM
I'm guessing that means a "no" on the model?:p Really, though, it wouldn't make any sense. A good reskin of Rax (as you described) would be a fine substitute, as they are almost alike.
 Fracman
11-16-2004, 8:39 AM
a) we are using the same model. Copied Rax to reebus.

b) there is a new skin, but it is not the default skin.

Does Reebus looks exactly like Rax? i don't know.
Someone of the team would have to check ;)
 Darth_Linux
11-18-2004, 5:59 PM
hmm . . . I thought it looked like the new skin, but now I'm not positive.

If our new Rebus skin didn't make it onto the model, then that will be a bug addressed in the patch.
 Ackehallgren
11-18-2004, 8:07 PM
Well, I'm not sure if he is new or not but I still think that he needs to be altered more. Loosen a bit chin and recolor his clothes... Those red pants are HOT! :P No but really, not that it did matter for the demo whiched rocked and the surprise just ruled, but for the full release it would be awesome to see a redone rebus...
Page: 1 of 1