Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Any people actually like this game?

Page: 1 of 2
 joesdomain
07-29-2004, 5:21 AM
I am one of very rare people that enoyed this game. It is a shame they didn't make an Attack of the Clones video game for PS2.
 Redwing
07-29-2004, 7:43 PM
Well, I loved it.

...But it was the PC version I loved, so I can't speak for the PS2 one :D
 obi
07-29-2004, 8:44 PM
The game was very buggy and even annoying at some points, but despite all of this.....

I loved it with all of my heart, and after a hard day, I'd go home, put in the undying/level select cheat, and go to Tatooine as Qui-gon and murder the entire town.

oh yes, the awesomeness......*wishes his PS worked again so he could play it* =(
 JediDrone
07-30-2004, 4:27 AM
The concept off playing to movie is always cool. But the game itself did'nt did much for me.

A few weeks ago I played (out of bordess) it once again but stopt really fast. the reason: used to the saber flexability of Jedi Knight Academy and such. When your are used to it...PMgame really is bummer
 Analia
12-09-2004, 3:57 PM
This game rocks I own Kotor and when I bought TPM it sort of replaced Kotor!
 Redwing
12-14-2004, 8:29 PM
:eek:

Well, I wouldn't put it THAT far up there...but hey, to each their own :D
 Evil Dark Jedi
12-14-2004, 11:00 PM
It was alright but not glamurous.
 Samnmax221
12-16-2004, 5:46 PM
Personally I love it when a game bridges the action and adventure genres but I don't think TPM did it quite right

I realy can't see TPM replacing KOTOR
 The Doctor
10-22-2005, 12:59 PM
The game was very buggy and even annoying at some points, but despite all of this.....

I loved it with all of my heart, and after a hard day, I'd go home, put in the undying/level select cheat, and go to Tatooine as Qui-gon and murder the entire town.

oh yes, the awesomeness......*wishes his PS worked again so he could play it* =(
I don't know what makes you say it was "buggy. It had no bugs, as far as I can see. It was an alright game, but I wouldn't rate it anywhere near KotOR. It would have been better if they could have gotten the actual actors to so the voice-overs, but I guess they had a budget...
 HUGOMAND
11-05-2005, 1:32 PM
I liked it alot. Beated it like 7 times or something. :D
 Redwing
11-06-2005, 1:43 AM
I beat it way more than 7 times. :xp:

Of course, it was my first game, so I went a little nuts. :D
 Layjock
01-08-2006, 7:48 PM
The game was fun when I was young and naive (is that how you spell that?) I started hating it when I got to the Escape from Theed level. I like the Tatooine levels alot though. There's a lot of ways to go about completing them.

One thing that was really annoying was how the huge Mos Espa guards got randomly pissed off at you for walking in front of them.

lol "Hey! Stop walking on my dung worms!"
 Arc9
02-16-2006, 2:23 PM
^lol :P
 spaceholder999
03-03-2006, 12:57 AM
In a galaxy far, far away... Haha, not really, it was in the Capital city of Sweden, Stockholm. I was about nine, ten years (I'm fourteen now) and I wanted to have a Star Wars-movie. Too bad, there was nothing there, only games. If I remember right, the parents payed the game, about 299 kronor (Maybe it's 30 dollars, I don't know). When we came home, I installed it and... What a game! I've never loved a game som much! I played it for hours and hours and I still love it. It's one of the greatest Star Wars-games off all time. :)
 Kurgan
03-04-2006, 4:42 PM
It was okay in parts at the time. It had some really frustrating jumping puzzles and Padme was a terrible character. The graphics are pretty dated now, but at the time were decent. It was cool hearing from Zanzibar about the behind the scenes development of the game and his giving us his side of the story.

But yeah, today I wouldn't even bother with this game. There was a really funny commercial for it though on TV once, wherein this little kid mind tricks a bully. I wish I had the video clip... ;)

Actually, the LEGO Star Wars demo really reminds me of this game (it's the same scene on the Trade Federation ship with Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan that starts this game), with the main new thing being all the "coins" that you have to find everywhere.

Yeah, they made an Episode III game, but no Episode II game like this, that was a little bit odd.
 DarthMuffin
03-09-2006, 8:43 PM
I played TPM a lot.

It was the first game I played that let me be a Jedi (played Jedi Knight for the first time later) so I was pretty excited. I went through it a countless number of times.

While the graphics are quite bad, I think the gameplay is quite decent. Sure the lightsabre fights are absolutely rubbish, but it's nice to kill droid after droid by hacking through them and deflecting bolts.

And you have to admit that it was great to take over Mos Espa, and then brutally murdering Anakin when you were done :evil1:
 spaceholder999
03-30-2006, 9:32 AM
No, it's funny to kill Jar-Jar, muahaha! :snake1:
 Jamps
04-08-2006, 2:05 PM
I still play TPM. I have my PS1 hooked up to a TV next to my computer, which usually has either TPM of Jedi Power Battles on it.

I also wanted an Attack of the Clones game. They made Clone Wars and a few GBA titles, but not an actual game based off of the movie.
 Diego Varen
04-08-2006, 2:36 PM
I still play TPM. I have my PS1 hooked up to a TV next to my computer, which usually has either TPM of Jedi Power Battles on it.

I also wanted an Attack of the Clones game. They made Clone Wars and a few GBA titles, but not an actual game based off of the movie.

Well actually they did. Attack Of The Clones on GBA, but it is terrible. I also still play TPM. It is one of my favourite PS1 games.
 Master Qui-Gon
05-10-2006, 1:22 PM
The game has its share of problems, but I still love it anyway. To be sure, it can't live up to the JK games, but I've probably logged more hours on TPM despite that. I really liked tinkering with it, and finding ways to do what I wanted to do with it. TPM was certainly a far better effort than the RotS game.
 Redwing
05-10-2006, 7:29 PM
Really? I never did play the RotS game (haven't played any games in a couple years, except a few times at friends' houses and Fable) but I was a little afraid of that. Although the saber fighting looked alot better. (It was crap in TPM, seriously. XD)
 Master Qui-Gon
05-13-2006, 11:57 AM
Yeah, it had better saber combat than TPM (which isn't saying much) but the game wasn't much fun. It was just short little side to side fighting sequences separated by a million short cut scenes.
 Jamps
05-14-2006, 12:59 PM
Don't get too down on TPM's saber combat. I really enjoy it, simple yet gets to the point. Also, the blocking on TPM is still one of the best to this day.
 Samnmax221
05-14-2006, 10:32 PM
Your kidding right?
 Redwing
05-15-2006, 3:21 AM
Yeah, it had better saber combat than TPM (which isn't saying much) but the game wasn't much fun. It was just short little side to side fighting sequences separated by a million short cut scenes.

Erg. Like I said, I was sorta afraid of that. No exploration at all, I take it?

Goldfish, I hope you mean blocking blaster bolts, because TPM's saber combat didn't even involve parrying. My biggest problem with it (yet to be expected with the technology of the time.)
 Jamps
05-16-2006, 10:53 PM
I'm talking about saber v. gunner, saber v. saber combat wasn't so great. Blocking/deflecting was pretty good , much better than many other SW games in my opinion.
 Samnmax221
05-16-2006, 10:56 PM
If you cheat
 Jamps
05-16-2006, 11:01 PM
What do you mean by if you cheat? The only cheat I ever used was the level select when my save games got deleted. :smash: .....and God mode to slaughter Mos Espa.......

I also tried the underwater saber glitch, which does nothing....

Don't think I'm trying to say TPM is the best lightsaber game, it definately isn't. I'm just saying I enjoy the simple deflecting system.
 Samnmax221
05-16-2006, 11:05 PM
I was referring to perfect mode
 Jamps
05-16-2006, 11:10 PM
This may sound like a dumb question.....whats perfect mode?

Does it make you.....perfect?
 Samnmax221
05-16-2006, 11:17 PM
Every blocked shot flies back to who ever fired it
 Master Qui-Gon
05-19-2006, 7:20 PM
I think that code applies only to the PC version. It improves the aim of the jedi deflection of bolts, but doesn't change the general system.
 JoesGuy
07-05-2006, 12:08 AM
Does anyone know if that code effects your ranking at the end?
 DarthMuffin
07-07-2006, 9:24 AM
Does anyone know if that code effects your ranking at the end?

The only codes that don't affect your rating are the "harmless" ones, such as the wireframe view. Even there, I'm not sure.

In any event, perfection does affect your rank. It might make things more movie-like, but it is one of the cheapest codes out there.
 Dom_152
08-05-2006, 2:32 PM
Ahh I loved that game. I still have it actually for the PS1. I love the RPG elements of it. Especially in Tatooine and Courscant. They have to be my favourites. I also remember this was the first game I played where there was multiple ways to complete a level. The Theed gardens level stands out in my mind. I'm gonna see if I can get hold of a PC version of the game.
 JoesGuy
08-07-2006, 6:16 AM
Cheap, true. But then it didn't make the game too much easier.
 Good Sir Knight
08-08-2006, 1:05 AM
Great game and I was amazed at the gameplay when it came out. Still fun though.
 DarthMuffin
08-09-2006, 9:11 PM
Do you guys realize how nostalgic we all got? :D

I'm sure that half of us thought the game was crap when it came out :p

Anyway, the LEGO SW game does look a lot like TPM (like someone said earlier). I think I'll buy the second one this fall, and I'll try to get my hands on the first (it seems to be rare now).

@ JoesGuy: Well, my memory is blurry, but I am pretty sure that it does make the game significantly easier. For starters, you can simply stand there and pump the attack button and any blaster-wielding enemy will die. It's nearly useless to charge them too, since they all drop like flies.
 JoesGuy
08-10-2006, 11:05 AM
It was useless against explosives and melee attacks though. ;)

Well I, for one have Lego SW and am going to loiter around EB games till 12:00 AM when the original trilogy finally comes out. Of course, it'll be Spring here. :)
 Great Scott!
08-12-2006, 1:30 AM
Anyone willing to sell a copy of this game? I'd love to try it (TPM was my third favorite movie).
 DarthMuffin
08-12-2006, 10:12 AM
Anyone willing to sell a copy of this game? I'd love to try it (TPM was my third favorite movie).

EBay (http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?sofocus=bs&sbrftog=1&from=R10&satitle=phantom+menace+PC&sacat=-1%26catref%3DC6&sargn=-1%26saslc%3D2&sadis=200&fpos=ZIP%2FPostal&ftrt=1&ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=&fsop=1%26fsoo%3D1&coaction=compare&copagenum=1&coentrypage=search) is your friend for these kind of things. TPM alone is under $10, so hurry up!

EDIT: Page 2! Yay!
 Great Scott!
08-14-2006, 5:05 PM
Yeah, but usually on forums you can get better prices. ;)
 Pho3nix
08-14-2006, 5:56 PM
I liked killing Jawas at Mos Espa :)
 Jamps
08-15-2006, 2:58 PM
 DarthMuffin
08-15-2006, 4:51 PM
... and using the turntables cheat made things even more fun :)
 JoesGuy
10-11-2006, 11:00 AM
Oooo yes. Giant Jawas galore! :lol:
 Gargoyle King
04-07-2007, 5:39 PM
This game rocks I own Kotor and when I bought TPM it sort of replaced Kotor!

I can see where you are coming from - TPM had some feautures in it that were similar to KOTOR - I liked the interactivity of the game!
 NumberWan
12-23-2012, 5:36 AM
I know, this thread is old, and perhaps those who commented on the game are no longer active users here on forums, but I just wanted to say, that the game is notable even today.

It is rarely mentioned, but perhaps TPM was the first Star Wars game with so many NPCs (we can of course remember Yoda Stories, but it's different). Simply for this game they created dozens of models of aliens and droids, that had a very small cameo in Original Saga as well as Episode I. Not to mention some new species, that had no appearance anywhere in SW at all before the release of the game.

TPM had also an impressive dialogue system, that was surpassed later only by the KOTOR series. You could really choose answers and your choice would affect further events.

In any case I play TPM even these days, though not as often as 2-3 years ago, when I still had Win XP.
 Mandalore5
12-23-2012, 8:55 AM
I have it on PS1 - I love this game. Truly brilliant.
 Alexrd
12-23-2012, 9:03 AM
I know, this thread is old, and perhaps those who commented on the game are no longer active users here on forums, but I just wanted to say, that the game is notable even today.

It is rarely mentioned, but perhaps TPM was the first Star Wars game with so many NPCs (we can of course remember Yoda Stories, but it's different). Simply for this game they created dozens of models of aliens and droids, that had a very small cameo in Original Saga as well as Episode I. Not to mention some new species, that had no appearance anywhere in SW at all before the release of the game.

TPM had also an impressive dialogue system, that was surpassed later only by the KOTOR series. You could really choose answers and your choice would affect further events.

In any case I play TPM even these days, though not as often as 2-3 years ago, when I still had Win XP.

TPM was also the first Star Wars game where a lightsaber actually behaved like one and where you could deflect laser bolts (and direct them towards your enemies).
Page: 1 of 2