Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Reign Of The Sith Mod Is Out

Page: 5 of 5
 Mav
08-06-2004, 4:55 PM
I don't know how many people you are planning to have in this battle, but you might want to check out this mod made by gameunlimited it had I thik 25 v 25 and slow down did occur....lol.....just scroll down to one of gameunlimited posts.

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=126232&highlight=bigwar)
 Doc Valentine
08-06-2004, 5:03 PM
So far it is 3 on 3 in groups spread out along the field
 Doc Valentine
08-06-2004, 5:04 PM
I should say GROUPS of 3 on 3 be hind barracades and stuff like that
 Doc Valentine
08-06-2004, 5:23 PM
Is it possible to eddit a placeable like smoke fx_smoke and mak it taller and bigger? If so, if someone could do that for me i would be unlimitedly greatful.
 StormTrooper789
08-06-2004, 8:26 PM
:eek: Triple-Post!!!! :eek: :D
Anyway, I think the smoke may have something to do with models and if it does you can't change it. :(
 Mav
08-06-2004, 8:29 PM
I'm pretty sure all animations have to do with models ;)
 Doc Valentine
08-06-2004, 8:32 PM
Damn! Will someone for CRAP sakes get us those anamation Files. We need them now. BOOM!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaa!
Sorry, I was energized by the hoth battle music im playing that im using for Dantooine outskirts!
 Doc Valentine
08-07-2004, 6:36 AM
Corellia is done!!!! Yipeee!
Ok so I finally finished corellia. And right now it rocks. The droids kick but, but not too hard, for those of you who cant take it. Its got dialogue with voice overs. I am hoping that my next release will be a beta version of the ENTIRE MOD. That means ALL planets, ALL cutsceens, ALL badguys, ALL party members. he he, OHHHHH RIIIIIIGHT!!!!!!!!
Here are some screnies!!!
http://img6.exs.cx/img6/8504/Corellia1.gif)

http://img6.exs.cx/img6/482/Corellia2.gif)

http://img6.exs.cx/img6/9681/Corellia3.gif)
Hope you like, and matt, there is a supprise for u in there.
 Glamador
08-07-2004, 12:37 PM
quit the suspense im gonna wet myself here!
 StormTrooper789
08-07-2004, 1:59 PM
Originally posted by Gsccc
Ok so I finally finished corellia. And right now it rocks. The droids kick but, but not too hard, for those of you who cant take it. Its got dialogue with voice overs. I am hoping that my next release will be a beta version of the ENTIRE MOD. That means ALL planets, ALL cutsceens, ALL badguys, ALL party members. he he, OHHHHH RIIIIIIGHT!!!!!!!!

Cool screenshots you have, yes.

That is cool Gsccc, keep it up!
 Colma Adawin
08-07-2004, 2:04 PM

:D:D:D

thx alot bud :D wow

what did i do to get this? :D thx any way bud :D:D:D:D

MattCole
 Mav
08-07-2004, 5:38 PM
Nice can't wait for the release
 Doc Valentine
08-07-2004, 8:06 PM
I need a woman, voice i mean. I need someone for anora and bastilla, and any other women throghout the game. Darth333? would you like to help? ANyone??? I need a lady!!!
 Doc Valentine
08-08-2004, 1:12 AM
Ok Darth333 I need your help on this one, I need to make a scene where the player throws lighting at an npc.
Here are my tags

Target npc "leno"
I would love if you could help me.

Also i need to know how to make an npc do a looping animation, Ex: Miekel Typing on the computer in korriban, or Master Uthar meditating.
 Darth333
08-08-2004, 1:32 AM
Ok Darth333 I need your help on this one, I need to make a scene where the player throws lighting at an npc.
Here are my tags

Target npc "leno"
I would love if you could help me.

Also i need to know how to make an npc do a looping animation, Ex: Miekel Typing on the computer in korriban, or Master Uthar meditating.

Lightning:

void main() {
ActionPauseConversation();
object oPC=GetPCSpeaker();
//add this only if you want damage
effect eDamage= EffectDamage(200, DAMAGE_TYPE_DARK_SIDE, DAMAGE_POWER_PLUS_FIVE);
AssignCommand(oPC, ActionCastFakeSpellAtObject(FORCE_POWER_LIGHTNING,
OBJECT_SELF));
ApplyEffectToObject(DURATION_TYPE_INSTANT, EffectVisualEffect(VFX_PRO_LIGHTNING_L), OBJECT_SELF);
//add this line only if you added damage above
ApplyEffectToObject(DURATION_TYPE_INSTANT, eDamage, OBJECT_SELF);
//add this line if you want the npc to fall dead
ActionPlayAnimation(ANIMATION_LOOPING_DEAD, 1.0, 5.0);
ActionResumeConversation();
}

If you want to play an animation when an npc is pawned, here is an example to make the npc meditate, the syntax is:
ActionPlayAnimation(int nAnimation, float fSpeed=1.0, float fDurationSeconds=0.0);
here is an example:

void main() {
PlayAnimation(3,1.0,-1.0);
}

for the computer, use 15 instead of 3 in nAnimation.

Attach the script in the ScriptSpawn field of the npc's .utc file.
 Doc Valentine
08-08-2004, 1:55 PM
Thanks Darth333, you truely are my most important source for this kind of thing.
 Doc Valentine
08-08-2004, 3:15 PM
I still need someone to play for bastilla. So if there are any takers please step forward. Darth333 maybe?
 Doc Valentine
08-08-2004, 3:23 PM
Yesterday was an overall good day,
I added some game fixes but have not yet updated the mod to my websit.
I added Corellia
I added Endor
I added the Intercom noises to the Sith Voice.
I added the Leviathon[Ebon Hawk]
I added MattColeJK:D
And i added music, when i get back to my comp i will update the mod to my website.
 Darth333
08-08-2004, 4:24 PM
I still need someone to play for bastilla. So if there are any takers please step forward. Darth333 maybe?
Err...English is not my mother tongue: it's my third language so you would have a funny accent :rolleyes: plus i don't have a mic.
 Doc Valentine
08-09-2004, 12:01 AM
Ok, Darth333, your experties are needed again. I am making Coruscant. And i want right when the player gets there, a dialogue to auto start. This will transport him to the senate. Can you help me with this?
 Darth333
08-09-2004, 11:39 AM
Ok, Darth333, your experties are needed again. I am making Coruscant. And i want right when the player gets there, a dialogue to auto start. This will transport him to the senate. Can you help me with this?
Erm...what do you mean by autostart as soon as the player gets there? Do you want to plant an npc that will greet your pc there? Do you want to set a trigger so that when your pc passes in a certain area at a certain time something happens? I would need a better description of the scene of the arrival on Coruscant to identify the best method to do it.
 Colma Adawin
08-09-2004, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Darth333
I would need a better description of the scene of the arrival on Coruscant.

but not too much to spoil it for us :p

MattCole
 Doc Valentine
08-09-2004, 1:08 PM
Erm...what do you mean by autostart as soon as the player gets there? Do you want to plant an npc that will greet your pc there? Do you want to set a trigger so that when your pc passes in a certain area at a certain time something happens? I would need a better description of the scene of the arrival on Coruscant to identify the best method to do it.
I want it to be just like when you arrive at a new planet, like kashyyk for example. When the ugle snot sounding guy asks you to pay the docking fee, the couruscant thing has nothing to do with this so dont worry about me giving away valuable info. I just want to know how that kind of script works.
 Darth333
08-09-2004, 1:23 PM
Attach this script in the spawn field of the npc's .utc file:

void main()
{
object oPC=GetFirstPC();
AssignCommand(OBJECT_SELF,ActionMoveToObject(oPC)) ;
AssignCommand(OBJECT_SELF,ActionStartConversation( oPC,"my_dlg"));
}
 StormTrooper789
08-10-2004, 9:36 AM
The people at Infinite Empire would like to thank the punks at id software for Doom 3, so cool.

Like we will get anything done now.

Hey, you got that phrase from Adult Swim on Cartoon Network, excep they talk about the Gameboy Advance SP. :)
 Doc Valentine
08-10-2004, 10:22 PM
Right you are, the phrase i got from [Adult Swim] the event however happened EXACTLY as stated. Thats why i used the phrase.
 Doc Valentine
08-10-2004, 11:02 PM
I will be making a vido demo of the mod and will put it on my site, some time this week. It's looking good so far.
 Doc Valentine
08-10-2004, 11:06 PM
I have another question for you Darth333. I would like to know how to make Cinematic scenes. So basicly i want to know how to make the player invisible or change what he looks like. What i want to do is teleport the player to a location, change him to invisible or to a different looking person, and begin a convo.
 Darth333
08-11-2004, 12:10 AM
For changing shape, check this old thread: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=128638)

There are a few special effects in the script so just remove them.

Concerning invisibility, you can try this:

void main() {
object oPC=GetFirstPC();
effect eVFX=EffectVisualEffect(VFX_DUR_INVISIBILITY);
eVFX = SupernaturalEffect(eVFX);
ApplyEffectToObject(DURATION_TYPE_PERMANENT, eVFX, oPC);
return;
}

For Cinematics scenes, if you mean cutscenes, it is possible but depending on what you want to do , itmay be a considerable amount of scripting. If you mean movies, then check the guide for the newbie, there are some tools there and perhaps you could do a copy, cut and paste job like I did for the sound in my recruitable Dustil mod. I haven't tried with movies due to lack of time and interest.
 Doc Valentine
08-11-2004, 1:31 AM
Is there a way to run KOTOR in a window. Camista Studio 2 records kotor real choppy and i need to run it in a window.
 Darth333
08-11-2004, 1:36 AM
In your swkotor.ini file, change FullScreen=1 to FullScreen=0
 Doc Valentine
08-11-2004, 1:40 AM
I did that and nothing happened.
 Doc Valentine
08-11-2004, 1:48 AM
I did that and nothing happened.
Figured out what i had to do
add the line
AllowWindowedMode=1
 Doc Valentine
08-11-2004, 3:53 AM
For changing shape, check this old thread: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=128638)

There are a few special effects in the script so just remove them.

Concerning invisibility, you can try this:

void main() {
object oPC=GetFirstPC();
effect eVFX=EffectVisualEffect(VFX_DUR_INVISIBILITY);
eVFX = SupernaturalEffect(eVFX);
ApplyEffectToObject(DURATION_TYPE_PERMANENT, eVFX, oPC);
return;
}

For Cinematics scenes, if you mean cutscenes, it is possible but depending on what you want to do , itmay be a considerable amount of scripting. If you mean movies, then check the guide for the newbie, there are some tools there and perhaps you could do a copy, cut and paste job like I did for the sound in my recruitable Dustil mod. I haven't tried with movies due to lack of time and interest.
Thanks but, how do i turn it off?
 Doc Valentine
08-11-2004, 3:21 PM
I need to know where the saber sounds are, Matt and i are making a mod. I am looking with the kotor tool in sounds, so if someone can give me the exact name that would be great.
 kampher
08-11-2004, 3:27 PM
Gsccc check you're PM's.
 Darth333
08-11-2004, 7:12 PM
Thanks but, how do i turn it off?
The disguise effect:

void main()
{
object oPC=GetFirstPC();
effect eEffect = GetFirstEffect(oPC);
while (GetIsEffectValid(eEffect))
{
if (GetEffectType(eEffect) == EFFECT_TYPE_DISGUISE)
{
RemoveEffect(oPC, eEffect);
}

eEffect=GetNextEffect(oPC);
}
return;
}

the invisibility effect (from tk102 vfx armband):

void main()
{
object oPC=GetFirstPC();
effect eCheck = GetFirstEffect(oPC);
while (GetIsEffectValid(eCheck))
{
if (

(GetEffectType(eCheck)==EFFECT_TYPE_VISUAL) &&
(GetEffectSubType(eCheck)==SUBTYPE_SUPERNATURAL)
)
{
RemoveEffect(oPC, eCheck);
}
eCheck=GetNextEffect(oPC);
}
return;
}

I need to know where the saber sounds are, Matt and i are making a mod. I am looking with the kotor tool in sounds, so if someone can give me the exact name that would be great.

For the lightsaber sounds, look into Bifs-->sounds.bif-->.wav files and extract.
"cb_ls_swingshrt2.wav" is one of them
 Doc Valentine
08-11-2004, 11:24 PM
Ok what do i do when im finished editing the sounds, i placed them in the streamsounds directory but it didnt ask to overwrite, so i must suppose that it goes somewhere else. Right?
 Darth333
08-11-2004, 11:36 PM
They are located in Swkotor/Data/sounds.bif. What do you want to do exactly with those sounds, set ambient noise???
 Doc Valentine
08-12-2004, 12:15 AM
No, i want to edit the lightsaber sounds for my lightsaber mod, matt and i are making a mod. A sabre mod. So im editing the sabers to make them more realistic sounding to the movies. And make the sabers more realistic looking.

Here is a pic to give you an idea:) http://img51.exs.cx/img51/6861/SABER.gif)

It features a new sabre color! Orange! :D
 Darth333
08-12-2004, 12:57 AM
Then , try the override folder and let me know what happens :)
 stingerhs
08-12-2004, 2:23 AM
No, i want to edit the lightsaber sounds for my lightsaber mod, matt and i are making a mod. A sabre mod. So im editing the sabers to make them more realistic sounding to the movies. And make the sabers more realistic looking.

Here is a pic to give you an idea:) http://img51.exs.cx/img51/6861/SABER.gif)

It features a new sabre color! Orange! :D

nice work!!! will they come with your pack, or will ya let us dl them now??
 Doc Valentine
08-12-2004, 3:42 AM
Im going to try Darth333's idea, but i will release them with Mattcole, i will make a seperate thread containing all info.
 Colma Adawin
08-12-2004, 2:04 PM
Im going to try Darth333's idea, but i will release them with Mattcole, i will make a seperate thread containing all info.

My Part of the mod is going to be like a Random ideas with the Blade, i've got some goodens i just need to test them, i just hope they work :p

this will be like v2 of my mod :D

MattCole
 TemporaryTomato
08-12-2004, 7:13 PM
Tried the latest version of the manaan mod.
Kicks arse!:D

One weird thing though, the Radon guy was dead within a few force storms and one "kill"... Have you switched his stats with the guy outside of the room that looks the same?
Because that guy was way harder...:confused:

Oh, and the voice acting for Radon sounded very professional(except for some slight background sounds, but that didnt bother me very much), very good!:)

The soldiers voices aren't as good as Radons, but good enough. :p

w00t w00t....
:darthx
 Doc Valentine
08-13-2004, 1:38 AM
Well i went to Sigraph, in Los Angales today, I got to see all the new kick but animation they have coming out. Let me tell you it is pretty awsome, Critters bought the tool, "SoftImage" which is a real kick but moddleing/Anemating/Art tool, cost us alot though! The cloth effects were AWSOME, as were hair and water and prety much everything else. The guy gave me a like 2 hour toor and tutorial of it, Jack says i yawned 74 times.

As for Cloth effects, i tried a texture like revan's cape and i know that it would be awsome if *I* could do the mod for the wavey cape when you guys find the animation stuff, because the cape flows perfectly.

I met up with Bioware, they were supporting their game Jade Empire as well as a few others including KOTOR, I talked to them about Reign of the Sith, and they were VERY interested. They seem like nice guys to me.

Anyways as for the mod, im shooting for this weekend. But dont get your hopes up. Now I have a game to design AND a mod to make.
 Doc Valentine
08-14-2004, 7:40 PM
Hey darth333, Temporary Tomato has brough an idea that i want to do. I want to durring certain times have one of the group members say something like have HK say something wile talking to radon. But set a script so that it ONLY fires when HK is there.
 Darth333
08-14-2004, 7:56 PM
 Doc Valentine
08-14-2004, 11:44 PM
Im sorry to make this more complicated for you darth333 hun, but could you show me an example of a dialogue?? Please:)
 Darth333
08-15-2004, 12:19 AM
ok you will need to use the Speaker and Listener fields in the dlg file. You can look at any dlg file in the game that has a more than two participating npcs to get an example. You can look at the dlg with YukaLaka in the tat_m17ac module. It is full of examples.

Then attach the script as any other conditional script, in the active field of the RepliesList in the EntryList. Look at this post: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=1595337#post1595337)
Page: 5 of 5