Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Reign Of The Sith Mod Is Out

Page: 3 of 5
 Doc Valentine
08-01-2004, 10:08 PM
BTW I will be adding endor to my new planets list.

Dont forget the Guide stormtrooper789
 StormTrooper789
08-01-2004, 10:33 PM
The Dialogue for Dummies Tutorial
1.Open up ye ole' Notepad!
2.Next you must type this!!!
void main()
{
SetLocalBoolean(OBJECT_SELF,0,TRUE);
}

and in a different window:int StartingConditional()
{
if (GetLocalBoolean(OBJECT_SELF,0) == FALSE) { return TRUE; }

return FALSE;
}
3. Save the file as talkonce.nss and the other on as talkonce2.nss
4.Compile it:nwnnsscomp talkonce.nss -v1.00 and donwnnsscomp talkonce2.nss v1.00
NOTE: REMEMBER YOU CAN REPLACE THIS STUFF WITH WHATEVER U WANT.
5. Now thou art commandeth thee to open up dlgedit.
6.Create a new dialogue file.
8.Make a reply and make it say "Wierdo!"
and in the script entry type talkonce
9.Make another reply and type "Idiot!" and once again in the script entry type talkonce
10.Make an entry and type "Asupo muko wimpy-pop!" and in the add the replies to entry.
11.Make another entry and make the text "Did I sound retarded?"
12.In the Starting List make the first one like:
<none>
13.Make the second one like:
talkonce2
14.Save it and test drive it in DLGedit and see if it displays properly.
15. Now, take the *.dlg file and the two *.ncs files.
16.Add the name of the *.dlg file to the Conversation entry of a *.utc file.
THE END!
 Doc Valentine
08-01-2004, 11:47 PM
Still not working.
 Doc Valentine
08-02-2004, 12:02 AM
I have a plan!!!, I will send you a dialogue via email, you do your magic on it and send it to me. Test it first though. This way if it doesnt work on mine I will know it has to do with my system.
OOOO what a great idea sending it to you now.
 Doc Valentine
08-02-2004, 12:03 AM
Unfortunately i will need your Email which you have blocked from others. PM it to me if you want to keep it a secret.
 Doc Valentine
08-02-2004, 4:28 AM
In the meantime, I have a little friend for you guys, a "native" to my new planet Endor...
http://img31.exs.cx/img31/7735/BUUB.gif)
This isnt a very good shot of him. He looks MUCH better in game, and the patches of furr coming threw his cloak are awsome looking. He has a ripped cloak the dont bay Ewoks very much.
 Colma Adawin
08-02-2004, 8:43 AM
Originally posted by Gsccc
In the meantime, I have a little friend for you guys, a "native" to my new planet Endor...
http://img31.exs.cx/img31/7735/BUUB.gif)
This isnt a very good shot of him. He looks MUCH better in game, and the patches of furr coming threw his cloak are awsome looking. He has a ripped cloak the dont bay Ewoks very much.

nice Vandar / Yoda to Ewok :p looks good. and the E-Mail thing, it concerns EVERYONE :D the moderators and the admin, i personally dont know, did this to stop others spamming and all that sort of thing, good idea if you ask me but it does have its down side, oh and...
QUADRIPLE POSTS :p im playing hehe

MattCole
 StormTrooper789
08-02-2004, 9:04 AM
Unfortunately i will need your Email which you have blocked from others. PM it to me if you want to keep it a secret.

Check your PMs Gsccc, and I will work my "magic". :D
 Colma Adawin
08-02-2004, 9:21 AM
Originally posted by StormTrooper789
Check your PMs Gsccc, and I will work my "magic". :D

hope it works out :D:D:D:D:D:D

MattCole
 Doc Valentine
08-02-2004, 4:48 PM
Since your back Darth333 maybe you can help us with this problem, if you scroll up a whole bunch youll see that we have been testing a whole bunch of scripts. Is there anything you think i should be trying that hasnt been tried already?
 Mav
08-02-2004, 4:56 PM
LOL... I want the have a lightsaber wielding Ewok in my party, you should make a recruit mod out of him...lol
 Darth333
08-02-2004, 4:58 PM
Since your back Darth333 maybe you can help us with this problem, if you scroll up a whole bunch youll see that we have been testing a whole bunch of scripts. Is there anything you think i should be trying that hasnt been tried already?
The scripts posted by Stormtrooper are fine and he posted this:
Originally posted by StormTrooper789Check your PMs Gsccc, and I will work my "magic". :D
...so I assume he is working on it. Is there anything else that you haven't figured out?
 Doc Valentine
08-02-2004, 5:05 PM
Yes actually, is it possible that my computer is to blame for the problems? I mean if it works for everyone else and not me then shouldnt that mean I have a problem??
 Doc Valentine
08-02-2004, 5:14 PM
Feedback on the ewok anyone!?! It took me a friggin hour to do it. Especialy making his ears smaller and the little patches of furr coming out of his suit. Anyone got any ideas for adjustments to him?
 Darth333
08-02-2004, 5:27 PM
Yes actually, is it possible that my computer is to blame for the problems? I mean if it works for everyone else and not me then shouldnt that mean I have a problem??
I doubt that it is caused by your computer: if you can run Kotor it should work. Learning to make scripts requires time and patience. Wait for Stormtrooper to answer your request, it should work.
 Tento_spear
08-02-2004, 5:58 PM
Oh please!! Does anyone really think this guy is going to release the full version of this mod?? All it is is eyecandy, this guy is the most newbish idiot i have ever had the displeasure of seeing mod. Anyone can do this mod its a joke. He puts like NO people on manaan and expects people to like it. Glamador was right with what he said the first time! This mod is just plain stupid. Downloading it would be a huge wast of time.

BTW: Gsccc dont try to post in the other forums again. Oh and nice name, I see you stole it from CMGSCCC.com. ;)
 StormTrooper789
08-02-2004, 6:04 PM
I know the problem, after examining it. Just make the entry with script requirement first change them to this:
1 <talkonce2>
0 <>
---------------
The Starting List order was reversed, my bad for telling u that, made a type-o in my mini-tutorial. Try that now!
 kampher
08-02-2004, 6:10 PM
Oh please!! Does anyone really think this guy is going to release the full version of this mod?? All it is is eyecandy, this guy is the most newbish idiot i have ever had the displeasure of seeing mod. Anyone can do this mod its a joke. He puts like NO people on manaan and expects people to like it. Glamador was right with what he said the first time! This mod is just plain stupid. Downloading it would be a huge wast of time.

Wow, can someone please shut this guy up or shoot him or something. Ill bet the n00b cant even mod. so stfu already and leave the forum. thanks, and have a horrible life.
 Doc Valentine
08-02-2004, 6:14 PM
I know the problem, after examining it. Just make the entry with script requirement first change them to this:
1 <talkonce2>
0 <>
---------------
The Starting List order was reversed, my bad for telling u that, made a type-o in my mini-tutorial. Try that now!
Now he just says Did i sound retarded? only. I am editing it with the NWNEditor not the Dlg editor does this make a difference?
Did you test it and did it work?!?
 StormTrooper789
08-02-2004, 6:16 PM
Originally posted by Tento_spear

BTW: Gsccc dont try to post in the other forums again. Oh and nice name, I see you stole it from CMGSCCC.com. ;)
TENTO SPEAR THAT IS DISRESPECTFUL TO OTHER MODDERS, DIDN'T YOU SEE THE WORD "BETA" IN IT?!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: Now a beta means...hmm..still under development!
 StormTrooper789
08-02-2004, 6:19 PM
Now he just says Did i sound retarded? only. I am editing it with the NWNEditor not the Dlg editor does this make a difference?
Did you test it and did it work?!?
Change the Skippable entry to 1. All my dialogues that use the exact same scripts work when I do that.
 Doc Valentine
08-02-2004, 6:23 PM
It still doesnt work, HAVE YOU TESTED IT?!?!? Please do.
 Darth333
08-02-2004, 6:27 PM
Change the Skippable entry to 1. All my dialogues that use the exact same scripts work when I do that.
Very good idea: this will allow the player to press enter in order to make the dialog go faster (especially useful when testing or during aliens loooooooooooooong answers) .

To Tento_spear : you have the right to like or dislike a mod. Gsccc is presently asking questions relevant to modding Kotor and we ask you not to turn this into a flame war with your disrespectful comments. So please calm down (why don't you mod instead?)
 Doc Valentine
08-02-2004, 6:34 PM
TENTO HOW DID YoU FIND ME!!!!???!!! Well anyways, I didnt see your last posts. So i will summarize what i wanted to say for you.

Darth333:I respect your wishes for this not to turn into a flame war but the moment he hit the post button it was.

Tento, the only reason you are bombing my mod is because you were jealous that I was stealing the fame away from you, and your small mod, i dont even remember what it was it was so stupid. You have the IQ of about a 4 year old. You come into my modding forum where I have friends and Flame me. Well as you can see from one of my favorites "Kampher" That isnt going to work out for you. Knowing you you are going to reply with a very childish and stupid come back.

PS Pleas grow up.
 Darth333
08-02-2004, 6:38 PM
It still doesnt work, HAVE YOU TESTED IT?!?!? Please do.
I haven't check your dlg file but make sure of the order of entries in the Starting List. Per example if your script that checks the variable is at entry no. 9 , then make the starting list as follows:
Entry no. 0 --> index = 9
Entry no. 1 --> index = 0

This way, if the script returns false, then the game will skip to the next entry in the Starting List. In other words, if the condition to start at entry no. 9 is not met, the npc will start at entry no. 0.

(look at the dlg file in my Recruitable Darth Bandon mod. The source code is here (http://mars.walagata.com/w/darth333/Bandon_source.zip) )
 Doc Valentine
08-02-2004, 6:42 PM
Originally posted by Darth333
I haven't check your dlg file but make sure of the order of entries in the Starting List. Per example if your script that checks the variable is at entry no. 9 , then make the starting list as follows:
Entry no. 0 --> index = 9
Entry no. 1 --> index = 0

This way, if the script returns FALSE, then the game will skip to the next entry in the Starting List.

(look at the dlg file in my Recruitable Darth Bandon mod )
Yea we did that, but still it doesnt work, StormTrooper789 if you could test it that would be great, I need to know from someone else, rather than myself.
 Tento_spear
08-02-2004, 6:48 PM
How did i find you GSCCC?!? Well it was easy, just follow the trail of stupidity. This mod truely is redundant. You cant even fix a simple dialogue problem. Wow, gsccc, wow.
 StormTrooper789
08-02-2004, 6:56 PM
In your VO_Resref of entry 1 of your reply list it says "idiot!" remove that it doesn't belong there, also are the script files (*.ncs)include with your *.dlg file in the module?

If this doesn't work after all this then I can't help, for I have made I dialogue just like this compared 'em and mine works.

He will be all yours Darth333 if this doesn't work. :D
 Doc Valentine
08-02-2004, 7:20 PM
Stormtrooper789, You right a dlg, and the scrpts to go with it and send it to me, please do it. Make sure it works first, I have an idea.
 StormTrooper789
08-02-2004, 7:33 PM
I'll just send you one I already made, a Twi'lek gives you 200 credits for free. This would be a perfect example of how this workz.

Oh and Tento_spear here is a picture of you: http://blargh.mine.nu/test/202/8.jpg)
 Darth Dex
08-02-2004, 7:43 PM
Hey Tento, the .dlg stuff is complicated and if your all you proud of your modding skills, then why don't you make a band new area with a new map? No one has been able to be since your so good at modding you probly can!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: HEy T7Nowhere please ban this guy his really strating to piss me off!

Not trying to strat a flame just making a point.;) I'm not kidding though T7 you gotta step into this isn't not right.

The people that should be baned (put in spoiler just if you wanted to guess) ;)
Tento
 Doc Valentine
08-02-2004, 7:58 PM
I'll just send you one I already made, a Twi'lek gives you 200 credits for free. This would be a perfect example of how this workz.

Oh and Tento_spear here is a picture of you: http://blargh.mine.nu/test/202/8.jpg)
Still waiting for your email, do it soon cuz im board:D
If you can. mchucknrex@aol.com or mchucknrex@hotmail.com(yoko)
 StormTrooper789
08-02-2004, 8:06 PM
Did you look at that picture of Tento? :cool:
 Doc Valentine
08-02-2004, 9:19 PM
STUPID ME I KNOW WHAT I DID!!!!!
I put the starting conditional script on the wrong Starting list entry. IT WORKS NOW PRAISE THE LORD!!!!
IM BAAAAAAAAACKK!!!!!!

And i did see the picture, it rocks
 StormTrooper789
08-02-2004, 10:04 PM
STUPID ME I KNOW WHAT I DID!!!!!
I put the starting conditional script on the wrong Starting list entry. IT WORKS NOW PRAISE THE LORD!!!!
IM BAAAAAAAAACKK!!!!!!

And i did see the picture, it rocks
YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
Reign of the Sith is back in business! :)

:clap2: :urpdude: :cowdance :sheepdanc
 Mav
08-02-2004, 10:39 PM
I really like the cow StormTrooper789, oh and congrats on your problem being solved although, if I may make a suggestion that has helped me before, next time you guys should try using an instant messaging program instead of trading posts, it works a lot faster :D, well good luck with your mod Gsccc I'm looking forward to your Full Version release a.k.a. non-BETA

Edit: I'm REALLY looking forward to seeing the Ewok in the game....:)
 deathdisco
08-02-2004, 11:00 PM
I've never been a big fan of Ewoks. That being said, your Ewok is awsome. Very inventive.
 Doc Valentine
08-02-2004, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by maverick187
I really like the cow StormTrooper789, oh and congrats on your problem being solved although, if I may make a suggestion that has helped me before, next time you guys should try using an instant messaging program instead of trading posts, it works a lot faster :D, well good luck with your mod Gsccc I'm looking forward to your Full Version release a.k.a. non-BETA

Edit: I'm REALLY looking forward to seeing the Ewok in the game....:)
That being said, since i am done with manaan, I will now start on Endor.:D
 Jackel
08-03-2004, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by Tento_spear
I still stand by what i said here too;)
Funny , i have yet to see ANY sort of mod from you AT ALL> And yet you complaina bout others ? Sorry , grow up. You think his mod is redundant because you plan on doing one ? yet where is it , please link us to it to show us your "brilliance" and "superc00l" modding ability.
 Yoko
08-03-2004, 4:39 PM
That ewok is so cute!:)
 Mono_Giganto
08-03-2004, 5:42 PM
@Tento_Spear-4 posts and all of them flame Gsccc, none of them have any point to them at all. You are acting childish without reason and giving 100+ people at Holowan a bad impression, but that's your business I suppose. If you keep this up you won't reach 10 posts before Prime/T7Nowhere Bans you. Before you complain, mod US something; let's see you do better. Gsccc is doing an entire after ending mod ON HIS OWN, (with some scripting help, so not really) and that is a LOT of work for one person. So just do us all a favour; shut up.

@Gsccc-That Ewok is AWESOME! Can't wait to get my hands on it, hehehe... You might just give me a reason to play the DS ending again! Can't believe you skinned Vandar so well it looks amazing...

@Stormtrooper789-Heh, funny pic man, just be careful not to start a flame war. ;)
 Doc Valentine
08-03-2004, 5:49 PM
Originally posted by Mono_Giganto
@Tento_Spear-4 posts and all of them flame Gsccc, none of them have any point to them at all. You are acting childish without reason and giving 100+ people at Holowan a bad impression, but that's your business I suppose. If you keep this up you won't reach 10 posts before Prime/T7Nowhere Bans you. Before you complain, mod US something; let's see you do better. Gsccc is doing an entire after ending mod ON HIS OWN, (with some scripting help, so not really) and that is a LOT of work for one person. So just do us all a favour; shut up.

@Gsccc-That Ewok is AWESOME! Can't wait to get my hands on it, hehehe... You might just give me a reason to play the DS ending again! Can't believe you skinned Vandar so well it looks amazing...

@Stormtrooper789-Heh, funny pic man, just be careful not to start a flame war. ;)
I appreciate that Mono, that makes me happy to hear you say that. As for the manaan beta, I just got finished adding 22 people, thats jedi and republic soldires and i have decreased their abilities a whole bunch. I think you will like it I will post it on my website later today. I will call it Manaan beta v1.00
 Mono_Giganto
08-03-2004, 6:27 PM
Anytime man, looking forward to your mod. ;)
 Doc Valentine
08-03-2004, 8:55 PM
Well i did it and it rocks. TUNS more jedi TUNS more republic soldires. All rolled into one kick ace place. I also added the ewok texture for mav, cuz he wanted it so bad. You will also get a hint of the endor music when you go to Kashyyk in the normal game. Well, i am having problems because it is taking FOREVER for tripod to upload my mod to my site and i cant go to pcgamemods because when I click on KOTOR it takes me to a search engine and says Could not be found. If you could help me with this problem that would be great.
 StormTrooper789
08-03-2004, 9:57 PM
What kind of search engine, what does it say? You might have Spyware or adware.
 Doc Valentine
08-03-2004, 10:16 PM
Its ok i found it, it is at 43 percent Taking a very long time. It will be done within the next hour.
 Doc Valentine
08-03-2004, 11:12 PM
Ok its out, you can find it at pcgamemods called ROTS Manaan 1.00
 Glamador
08-03-2004, 11:17 PM
****IN' SWEET! (excuse the blatent disregard for virgin ears/eyes depending how u look at it)...the music is absolutely amazing...and i finally got it to work...it has to be a .wav file...in the zip they are all .mp3s...i still dont like the sith soldier voices...just a teeny bit rushed...but the rest of them are so terrific...so spiteful...so malicious...deadly...u r a god Gsccc...i always forget ur name...Gsccc...o well, it will be pretty well known fairly soon! (i hope!)
 Doc Valentine
08-03-2004, 11:49 PM
Well, thankyou very much, Im glad you liked it. I hope you noticed that the there were men in the restricted access where the subs were because that part took forever. As you could probably tell, all the voices are me, but now thanks to kampher we have more than one voice so i will get him doing some right away. As for the .mp3 files they always worked for me. All you have to do is delete the originals but first you have to back them up. You went through that kind of fast, did you miss the sub bay???
 Mav
08-04-2004, 1:21 AM
I'll download it and check it out soon and let you know what I think Gsccc
Page: 3 of 5