Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Reign Of The Sith Mod Is Out

Page: 4 of 5
 Glamador
08-04-2004, 1:22 AM
i loaded it up as soon as i saw! o BTW...radon is still a tad too overpowered...i cant hit him with my sabers unless i boost my dex/strength...make him easier to hit and it will be absolutely perfect!...Q!
 Mav
08-04-2004, 5:13 AM
Very well done, magnificent infact and I can't wait for the rest of it. Although Radon was a bit hard to hit I had to get him with some force powers before I could land a hit with my lightsaber, but I couldn't find my little Ewok friend, where is he, or did you just pack the texture file for me to look at???
 Selphie
08-04-2004, 7:05 AM
I've got a suggestion for Gsccc:

It seems that many people have problems with the difficulty level of your mod. I have two suggestions on how to take card of this mod.

Solution 1:
Script it so that opponents have different stats based on difficulty. That means that when the mod is ran, the mod will initially check the current difficulty of the game, and the opponent stats will change dependant on that.
Example: on Easy, dark jedis have normal stats as in the original game.
on Normal, it's easier than your current difficulty, yet harder than in the game itself. perhaps giving the dark jedis +4 dexterity or more VPs, and a couple more of them here and there etc.
on Hard, dark jedis get a tremendous stat boost and are much cleverer (like targetting weaker NPCs, focussing on one NPC, etc), till they are so powerful that you either are a veteran player but still pausing at the end of every round, or you cheat, or you are using some modded weapons/armors to even the odds.
** obviously this will have to be clearly stated in the readme.txt
** this technique of stat- and intelligence-scaling is parallel to the method used in the Ascention Mod in Baldurs gate 2: ToB.

Solution 2:
You reduce the difficulty until it has about the same difficulty as the normal game, but slightly more challenging.
And you provide an accompanying file for downloaders to override to increase the stats to superhuman-difficulty for cheaters/mod-users/people who like reloading 10 times to win a fight.

There, hope that helps :)
 Glamador
08-04-2004, 2:40 PM
whoa whoa whoa man...stop rite there...the difficulty is just fine! its only radon that needs to have a bit less skillz in the dodging department! o and BTW...those extra sounds u added...like the one of a guy calling to a dog...wtf? that's hilarious!
 Doc Valentine
08-04-2004, 3:49 PM
I HAD NO IDEA PEOPLE WERE GOING TO LOOK AT THE SOUNDS!!!!!
I AM SOOOOOOOOOO EMBARASSED. those were for uhhh testing perposes only.
Anyway, as far as altering the difficulty, im afraid if i put ANOTHER manaan on pcgamemods since i cant delete files i submitted, they are going to think im a phsico so Until i can fix the problem with uploading files on tripod I will be unable to make tiny changes. Until then, try boosting all your stats to 99 thats what i do. I kick his butt every time. Well do what you think is best and KEEP UP THE FEEDBACK.

On a happier note!:) Kampher has volunteered his voice to do voice acting, unfortunately i still need more people. If you would like to do voice acting pm me then send me your voice via email. If it's good you may be able to be in my MOD!
 Doc Valentine
08-04-2004, 4:46 PM
Ok everybody, i updated the website, Radon is now less hard. Check it all out there. You will see a list of features and changes.
http://cmgsccc0.tripod.com/)
 Mono_Giganto
08-04-2004, 4:57 PM
Just ask an admin to delete the earlier versions and post it up at pcgamemods.
 Doc Valentine
08-04-2004, 7:52 PM
Hey Darth333, have you tried my mod yet? I was wondering what *you* might think of it since you are in a way a co-maker of it since you helped me out so much. I sure would love to hear your imput:)
 theredrodian
08-04-2004, 8:18 PM
i tried downloading your mod from your website, but it says the file isn't there, and also, i can't find it on pcgamemods.com...just thought i'd let you know
 Darth333
08-04-2004, 8:35 PM
Originally posted by Gsccc
Hey Darth333, have you tried my mod yet? I was wondering what *you* might think of it since you are in a way a co-maker of it since you helped me out so much. I sure would love to hear your imput:)
Not yet :( just got a new system and just installed the game. Looks good :)
 Yoko
08-04-2004, 9:00 PM
Originally posted by theredrodian
i tried downloading your mod from your website, but it says the file isn't there, and also, i can't find it on pcgamemods.com...just thought i'd let you know
That would be my fault, forgot to republish it. Check it out now it works.
 Doc Valentine
08-04-2004, 9:03 PM
Originally posted by Darth333

Will you maybe in the future?

Well could you do me a huge favor and show me the script to transport from one module to the next. Im doing the Leviathon, and the galaxy map. Im also doing a princess leia - Darth Vader scene.

So i guess i want two scripts, is there a way to make here show up at one time then after you talk to her make her dissappear?
 Prime
08-04-2004, 9:45 PM
Originally posted by Tento_spear
Oh please!!

[flame snipped]

No flaming Tento_spear. You have been warned.
 Darth333
08-04-2004, 9:46 PM
Well could you do me a huge favor and show me the script to transport from one module to the next. Im doing the Leviathon, and the galaxy map. Im also doing a princess leia - Darth Vader scene.

Check this: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=132999)

So i guess i want two scripts, is there a way to make here show up at one time then after you talk to her make her dissappear?
I m not sure of what you want...but you may find what you want in my "how to recruit a npc in less than 10 steps" tutorial: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=131944) Look at step 7 on how to span an npc and at the additional stuff on how to destroy it. If you want special effects, download svosh's Revan Redemption robes: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=129196). There is a script to make an npc disappear in a cloud :D
 Doc Valentine
08-05-2004, 3:20 AM
Hey guys, do you remember when I said I was modding a level for the ebon hawk -- Leviathon? Well I'm dang near finished. Here is the story, Im not REALLY changing the ebon hawk to the leviathon, im just having the ebon hawk go to the leviathon for all the cutscenes. I am almost done with a Princess Leia type cutscene demo, featuring Anora Sorellia, she is a diplomat on corellia. You capture here when you assault corellia and you disguss with her, the "ties" she has with the rebel alliance. I will post screenies on my website later today.:)
 Colma Adawin
08-05-2004, 4:41 AM
Hey guys, do you remember when I said I was modding a level for the ebon hawk -- Leviathon? Well I'm dang near finished. Here is the story, Im not REALLY changing the ebon hawk to the leviathon, im just having the ebon hawk go to the leviathon for all the cutscenes. I am almost done with a Princess Leia type cutscene demo, featuring Anora Sorellia, she is a diplomat on corellia. You capture here when you assault corellia and you disguss with her, the "ties" she has with the rebel alliance. I will post screenies on my website later today.:)

[Mr Burns] Excellent [/Mr Burns]

:D:D:D

MattCole
 Doc Valentine
08-05-2004, 5:37 AM
well its done, check the website
 Jackel
08-05-2004, 5:55 AM
Originally posted by Darth333
Thats right , new comp , your going to have to write up a review of the AMD64 for us :p
 Doc Valentine
08-05-2004, 6:25 AM
Originally posted by Jackel
Thats right , new comp , your going to have to write up a review of the AMD64 for us :p
What the hell????? :confused:
*Gsccc looks back and forth*

Someone has had a little too much scotch.

:smirk2: Muhuhahahaha!
 Darth333
08-05-2004, 9:48 AM
What the hell????? :confused:
*Gsccc looks back and forth*

Someone has had a little too much scotch.

:smirk2: Muhuhahahaha!
Jackel was referring to this thread: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=132052)
Fora quick review, i'd say that it is a 120% improvement over what i had. Now for the long review you'll have to wait, I am too busy enjoying my new system :D
 Doc Valentine
08-05-2004, 2:44 PM
OK, i need someone to look at the screenshots on the website to tell me if i should release the Leviathon demo yet. Because Its done. And I cant work on Endor untill i get some feedback weather or not to release it.
 Mav
08-05-2004, 4:31 PM
Gsccc I looked at your screenshots, and I must say that is some good stuff, I didn't know that making cutscenes was a possibility, or at least I've never seen one.
 StormTrooper789
08-05-2004, 4:40 PM
Hey, Gsccc, you misspelled warrant in the 2nd Leviathan screenshot! :eek:
You typed as: warrent
Mr. Spelling Bee says to type it as: warrant.
 Doc Valentine
08-05-2004, 5:34 PM
Corellia is next on the list, at this rate i will be done by the end of august!!! Wohoooo!
 Doc Valentine
08-05-2004, 5:35 PM
OK, i need someone to look at the screenshots on the website to tell me if i should release the Leviathon demo yet. Because Its done. And I cant work on Endor untill i get some feedback weather or not to release it.
Questions still go unanswered.
 Doc Valentine
08-05-2004, 5:37 PM
Originally posted by StormTrooper789
Hey, Gsccc, you misspelled warrant in the 2nd Leviathan screenshot! :eek:
You typed as: warrent
Mr. Spelling Bee says to type it as: warrant.
How did i know someone was going to check my spelling. Listen it is a SCREENSHOT not the final cut. I just did it with stupid DLGedit and that dont have spell check or copy past. If this were the beta or final cut i would not reply but come on, just answer the question.
 Colma Adawin
08-05-2004, 5:50 PM
How did i know someone was going to check my spelling. Listen it is a SCREENSHOT not the final cut. I just did it with stupid DLGedit and that dont have spell check or copy past. If this were the beta or final cut i would not reply but come on, just answer the question.

hey hey hey, you did ask for feedback, and if i recall I said that you misspelled things in our MSN convo, dont worry about it, your right its not the final piece but you did ask for feedback, please dont take this as me against you, i really dont want that, you,(Gsccc and Yoko) me buds and i hope it stays that way

MattCole
 Doc Valentine
08-05-2004, 5:55 PM
Ok here is the deal, Im not using StormTrooper789 as an example to pick on him. He meant well im sure of it. But Feedback would have been nice, that wasnt feedback that was telling me what was misspelled. Feedback is saying, I like it, dont like it, change this, add this. Had he have done a BTW you misspelled a word after posting feedback i would be alot happier. I dont need i rocketscientist to tell me i misspelled a word. Yoko goes over my dialoges, makes them less cheezy and fixes spelling. Im not mad nor am i trying to flame you StormTrooper789 you have been a great help, i just would like some feedback.
 Colma Adawin
08-05-2004, 6:04 PM
Ok here is the deal, Im not using StormTrooper789 as an example to pick on him. He meant well im sure of it. But Feedback would have been nice, that wasnt feedback that was telling me what was misspelled. Feedback is saying, I like it, dont like it, change this, add this. Had he have done a BTW you misspelled a word after posting feedback i would be alot happier. I dont need i rocketscientist to tell me i misspelled a word. Yoko goes over my dialoges, makes them less cheezy and fixes spelling. Im not mad nor am i trying to flame you StormTrooper789 you have been a great help, i just would like some feedback.

then please accept my apoligy and move on :D

MattCole
 Doc Valentine
08-05-2004, 6:08 PM
and move on
SMACK!!!! *MattColeJK slaps Gsccc across the face for 355 points of damage!*
OUCH!!!
 Mav
08-05-2004, 6:29 PM
I like the leviathon scene that you made and i say release it so that we can get one step closer to seeing the Ewok and Endor ;)
 Doc Valentine
08-05-2004, 6:34 PM
Endor is done dude
 Mav
08-05-2004, 6:38 PM
Ohhhh well than release it .....please.....:(
 theredrodian
08-05-2004, 7:09 PM
hmm, i downloaded your mod, but when i try to warp to your new manaan, the game goes to the "saving" screen, and the bar only goes a little way along, then stops, so i have to exit KOTOR... any ideas why this might be happening?
 Doc Valentine
08-05-2004, 7:18 PM
Yes, did you put it in the override directory?
 theredrodian
08-05-2004, 7:20 PM
yep, i did, put everything from the zip into the appropriate folders
 Doc Valentine
08-05-2004, 7:24 PM
There is your problem, the .mod is not supposed to go into the override folder, it goes in the Modules folder just like the "README FIRST!" says
 theredrodian
08-05-2004, 7:31 PM
oops, crap, thanks ¬_¬ i'll go try that now, for some reason when i read the readme, i saw "modules" as "override", anyway, thanks again
 Doc Valentine
08-05-2004, 7:35 PM
Im here to help, thats what i do.....

And thats all im saying. (cough)
 theredrodian
08-05-2004, 8:01 PM
alright, the mod's good so far, but what's meant to happen after you've done the rebel base? i talk to the sith soldier, he asks if i want to be transported, then nothing happens...
 Doc Valentine
08-05-2004, 8:08 PM
naturally, since i only gave you manaan, that is the end. Had there been a cor_m123.mod in there then you would be worried. I havnt finished Corellia yet. This was but a taste of the darkside to quench all of your thirsts. and to prove i wasnt pulling a KOTOR AE on you.
 theredrodian
08-05-2004, 8:15 PM
ohh, right, well good job so far, the only problem i could see was that soldier was mis-spelt a few times...
 StormTrooper789
08-05-2004, 8:43 PM

Oh, :D , sorry I'll try out. I got hooked to X-wing Alliance modding for the last few days. So I'll post my feedback about stuff. Anyway, I really like that cutscene on the Leviathan, it rox! :) So I would say YES to releasin' the Leviathan module! :clap2: GO GSCCC :clap2:
 Doc Valentine
08-05-2004, 11:05 PM
Mad Cow Dance! Yipeeeeeee!
:cowdance :cowdance :cowdance :cowdance :cowdance
 Doc Valentine
08-06-2004, 12:08 AM
http://img61.imageshack.us/img61/1368/KotOR0000a.gif)

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/1825/KotOR0001y.gif)

These are screenshots of Endor for you Mav. I know your probably all wondering how i made it daytime. Well skinning the background. Anyways thats the just. I wont be releasing that mav because it holds plot points too important to the game. It would make it no fun. There is an ewok, they worship him, his name is Duros the Jedi Ewok. I like him. He is the only character that i am not replicating from the actual Origonal Trilogy. Oh and so is darth Malign, if you recruit him. MUHUHAHAHA. This makes me want to do a LightSide ending mod too. Unfortunetaly i cant. Not untill KOTOR 2. WAIT HOLD THE PHONE, w-w-will kotor 2 have cheats???!?!?!?!? IT MUST IT MUST. ALL IS LOST IF NOT!
 Doc Valentine
08-06-2004, 12:10 AM
BTW: The ewoks have paths that they walk on. BET YOU CANT FIGURE OUT HOW I DID THAT!!
 Mav
08-06-2004, 12:30 AM
Bet I can.....I know at least it has to do with waypoints, and the rest is either scripts or something like that, but anway that is some awesome screenshot stuff you got there Gsccc, keep it up
 Darth333
08-06-2004, 9:55 AM
BTW: The ewoks have paths that they walk on. BET YOU CANT FIGURE OUT HOW I DID THAT!!
Waypoints waypoints waypoints! - if you don't do it, I'll post a short tutorial this evening or during the weekend :D
 StormTrooper789
08-06-2004, 11:03 AM
Did you use ActionRandomWalk()?

BTW: Darth333, a waypoint tutorial would be nice 'cause I can't really do waypoints.
 Doc Valentine
08-06-2004, 4:45 PM
You go ahead and do that Darth333, maybe t7 will make it a postie. Anyways, here is my plan for Corellia. As you already may know, we are having a leia person who is captured on correlia. But here is what you dont know. Corellia will be a battlefield, not sure what that will do to lag, hope u guys have good computers, but I do know that it will be kick but, You fight your way to the enclave, I hate that word, settlement, and make the Corellian rulers surrender, or die. In this you capture Anora Sorellia, who has ties to the rebellion, at one point you interrogate her an either Kill her or put her on your side, not your party though, just a doubble agent. "Wink";) . Other than that I cant think fully what to tell you about it without giving it ALL away.
Page: 4 of 5