Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Cantina 13: Rebellion [DISCUSSION THREAD]

Page: 3 of 5
 BattleDog
11-01-2004, 1:48 AM
1. It's a sort of excuse for the second part. Also, this is very much privilaged information. If Flax wer to announce this now his territories would face sanctioned or opposing Lords might start the jolly Medievel war early. Think about it, if he's not on-planet the other nobles won't stand for it. There's some other stuff but basically he needs to be on Agamar fo this to work.

2. Not one planet, two entire sectors would be distabalised.

Bassically, to minimize loss of life in a situation like this factions engage in Tourament.

The Planet is devided into terretories and battles are fought on pre-designated battlefields with strategic importance. This prevents wars from spilling over to the civilian population and avoids nasty things like orbital bombardment.

Concievably Flax Might have to fight 30 or more battles. This would mean that two fair sized sectores will be in ecenomic shutdown for at least a few months.

This will send ripples of de-stabalisation outwards.

(If anyone's wondering why Flax is doing this, lets just say he knows something you don't)
 Redwing
11-01-2004, 11:30 PM
Deac: Up to you whether Reletha senses Rwos' presence on Coruscant or not.

----------

*Done with reading up*

Scar: Okay...so Chavo was with Fused Irvine for a while, ended up with RH Irvine. RH Irvine took him to meet his rogue Jedi faction, and Chavo signed a contract with Chi to work with that faction.

Chi wanted to have Chavo make sure that Irvine's siblings were not falling to the Dark Side.

AHA, I see why Ctrl + F wasn't working for a section of the story...Chavo's name spontaneously changed to Chavez for a couple pages. Damn you JM :D

*Another attendent walks in and gives Chavez Chavo sets of almost authentized identification for both the Republic and the Loyalist Empire.*

Attendent "I was told to give you these. And tell you: 'There is something going on with the empiral royal family, get some information about it from afar. How ever we won't send you unprepared.'"

*In comes a black suited man with a wide suitcase, inside contains approx. $2500 in currency transferable cashiers checks, a repeater rifle, two changes of clothing, and a lightsaber (blue).*

Black suit "It's the standard assortment for most of our agents."

They also provided Chavo his ship.

Chavo then went to Ulna Shardes, just missing the razing of the planet. Apparently he almost hyperspaced right into the second sun created by Lokpihet (IIRC) above the planet. Then he popped back towards Coruscant.

Hm, then he kept trying to get to Cracken, and somehow couldn't each time. :D

*Chavo exits hyperspace soon after. He looks around, and sees nothing. He lets out a string of swears that would embarass a sailor*

I'm pretty sure that's the last time he appeared. XD

So RH Irvine should totally recognize him. ^_^
 jokemaster
11-02-2004, 12:59 PM
I wanted to stop you from cheating with ctrl f RW.....
 Kuuki
11-02-2004, 1:50 PM
but chavo wouldnt identify RH Irvine, if i'm correct?
 jokemaster
11-02-2004, 1:59 PM
He would, 'cause he saw his face and unless RH Irvine has changed REALLY radically in the last months, he would remember his face.
 Redwing
11-05-2004, 4:15 PM
A couple notes on F. Irvine, Scar:

Sleeper abilities are different depending on the person; they manifest as different ways of altering reality. In other words, it's okay if you use Cracken's eye-glowing, but don't base F. Irvine's Sleeper abilities on Cracken's.

By the way, it should be impossible for F. Irvine to block Jedi - or a mage - from sensing his Sleeper powers when he's using them.
 Kuuki
11-05-2004, 4:38 PM
thats where his personal drones come in

he used them to distort his presence to mask it when he's not using his powers
 Kuuki
11-08-2004, 12:45 PM
*While asking the next question Greer sends the photograph for every camera's recording on the ship be scanned for anybody resembling the sketches. He showed them to the medics*
Greer: Are these images close?

The idea on the situation was that not even the cameras got a good shot at him

and eventually Flax and Greer could 'stumble' onto him on accident ^_^

(note what game he plays... :))
 jokemaster
11-08-2004, 1:26 PM
I meant the sketches on the datapad, he doesn't want to send out the sketches and have them turn out completely wrong.
 Kuuki
11-08-2004, 2:53 PM
meh, what ever JM :)

Sophae: Oh you have no idea, Ivrine.

*The Dead Jedi walk foward, each exicutes a flurry of attacks, the sabres simply pass through anything they touch but every time they make contact with either Ivrine he feels the pain of the death blow he delivered.*

I how ever am going to red flag this one

bd, you sure your Jedi are Jedi?
taking revenge on someone, and not only that they're dead, and they're interacting with the person who killed them (who obviously is still alive)

from what i remember, taking revenge is strictly not Jedi like, but to come back to inflict that revenge while they're still dead. Thats is just for spite.

although Jedi can interact with those who are force sensitive (talk and what not). which of course i have no problem with

but they're dead, and i can figure alot of other dead Jedi looking down on that
 Redwing
11-08-2004, 3:06 PM
What's up with the Jedi ghosts, one with the Force, performing Dark acts of revenge, BD?

Also, if this was possible, don't you think all the Jedi killed by Anakin would've gone after him? [Note: Will need to wait for Episode Three to say this for sure, but Obi-wan certainly didn't do this to Vader after being killed by him.]

I know it's dramatic, but it totally doesn't fit Jedi at all. Maybe if they were Agamarians.

Also, isn't it correct that Force ghosts can be destroyed (Exar Kun)? Just pointing this out because I have no idea where this ghostly vengeance thing is supposed to be going...so if you're planning on having them haunt F. Irvine forever, or anything...

Edit: To clarify why this concerns me, this storyline has a severe limit, so it cannot be drawn out. :)
 BattleDog
11-09-2004, 10:04 AM
Okay:

1. These aren't the actual jedi, think of it like an echo from what Fused Ivrine did. We know this happens because every time there is a major force "event" it tends to leave a mark.

2. There is a really big differnce between revenge and justice. Fused Ivrine is being punished for what he did, the mode of that punishment comes from his own subconcious and is simply vented by Sophae's ghost.

As a more general point about interaction Kun broke Corran Horn's arm in I, Jedi.

3. As to Sophae's motive, she doesn't want her son dead. Plus Fused Ivrine is a Dark Jedi and must therefore be destroyed. (Touch of Agamarian there.)
 Kuuki
11-09-2004, 10:16 AM
so if you're saying that its coming from his own subconscious, that would mean that you're controlling him?

look bd, I do not have time to be on any side plots, As of 4pm today (11/9) I have fourteen days left to do this.

Cracken has yet to fulfill his promise ;)
 BattleDog
11-10-2004, 5:36 AM
So you are saying that having killed all those Jedi there is nothing in Fused Ivrine's subconcious that is afraid the dead won't come back to haunt him?

How about you let me kill him.

If he gets away what do you think will be the first thing Kal does?
 Kuuki
11-10-2004, 2:13 PM
No, i wont let you, you're techincally getting in the way of a serious plot line BD, and its annoying me.

and no doubtfully Cracken.
didnt you read the posts that Red and Cracken did when Cracken made his recent return?

no "what if"s "and"s or "but"s about it. It'll end with a fight between those two. And I wont accept you to try and do other wise

oh yeah, at that time, F. Irvine wasnt exactly all there upstairs
not to mention you let Sophae die, she could have been just bruised a bit and got up, force healed and laughed at F. Irvine
until sometime after that he got stability

remember how Flax let him go? And F. Irvine basically said something along the lines of 'wanting to exceed his natural potantal with controlling the force'?
that could easily be understood as his first declaration of being a sleeper, to come and think of it...

*Flax aproaches F Ivrine.*

Flax: So, why the killing spree?

Fused Irvine "Because, we have untapped power. Untapped potental, however there is a part of us that still resists..." *voice changes to a much darker with a slight growl* "...the darkness..." *voice changes to normal, if there was one...* "If I had killed someone who you cared, I'm sorry, she asked for the fight."

*Fused Irvine turns around to face Flax.*

Fused Irvine "Notice our face, it is not that of one whom is dark, we could choose to live our life not for this face to change, but that power will not be tapped. But we desire to find our full poetental, to find our biological limit, and break it! The force is known to be boundless, I, we desire to find out if it truely is, if possible! But that is only but a small part the final goal... First some curtain individuals must die." *Turns back around.* "I bid you farewell..."

Note: At this time F. Irvine refered to himself as 'we', cus his true 'F. Irvine' personality hasnt been structured yet

I do have an idea when F. Irvine is more on the 'throw down' and using his powers alot, he'll lose some of that mental stability consentrating on multiple things at once (so not careing to refer to himself as "I")

*Flax considers following, but decides to wait.*

if you think i'm BSing you, check yourself: http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=99406&perpage=30&pagenumber=12)
 Kuuki
11-11-2004, 2:25 PM
*waits for Deac with anything he might do with Stormbaltz before he gets going with plot*
 BattleDog
11-12-2004, 2:57 AM
Scar, you are bull****ing.

Originally posted by Scar Da Kookee
((BD you are obviously ignoring me. If I stated taht he wasnt there and was hiding, that means that I'm choosing not to play that character for the time being.

Nest time I WILL ignore any such posts that you are attempting to 'interact' with any of my characters...))

.................................................. .....

*Fused Irvine, with a combination with force speed and jump, asends rapidly into the air, and vanishes...*

[/i]'

Funny how you missed that bit out. You made it clear that you didn't want oplay so I let it go.

I also now draw everyone's attention to this

Originally posted by Scar Da Kookee

btw: BD, I did however plan on something a little later in time with a character that you possibly do control to take care of F Irvine))

You should research better.
 Kuuki
11-12-2004, 10:26 AM
you know, what ever. I'm saying i cant play with your characters on their crusade to kill F. Irvine. They can very well try and catch up to him coming up, but sophae could very well start rooting for Cracken about now
 Redwing
11-12-2004, 11:14 AM
Maybe we should be being a bit more clear on this stuff. :p

All previous plans with Fused Irvine are kinda nixed.

In case it hasn't been obvious, we're building up to a confrontation between Cracken and Fused Irvine. :)

So "you" (by which I assume you mean one of your characters :p) getting to kill Fused Irvine is not on the agenda, unless you can manage it without godmoding, which I doubt. ;)
 Kuuki
11-12-2004, 12:13 PM
i should prolly qrite up any future plans wiht my characters incase i am able to get onto a computer in AIT...

*has some good ones, VERY good ones*
 BattleDog
11-13-2004, 7:08 AM
Yeah, I get the Craken-Fused Ivrine thing.

I just didn't want Scar to get away with saying that I let Fused Ivrine go. :D

It's actually quite good for me because I'm desperatly looking for a reason for Flax to go after Cracken.

I CAN'T FIND ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What kind of Sith is a conciencious, caring family man. If Flax killed him he might actually feel bad! :D
 Cmdr. Cracken
11-13-2004, 11:26 AM
uh..... well, BD, he;'s probably gonna hit Coruscant before you....
 Admiral
11-13-2004, 11:32 AM
Since so many problems center around that world, how about we just let the Aesir blow Coruscant up? and let teh fighting happen at a new planet. ;)

*since J/k seems to be overlooked, the above was a joke and should not be taken seriously.*
 jokemaster
11-13-2004, 12:14 PM
My god........did Admiral........ did he just make a joke?!

QUICK!GET THE CAMERA AND TAKE A PICTURE OF THE POST!
 Redwing
11-13-2004, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by BattleDog
Yeah, I get the Craken-Fused Ivrine thing.

I just didn't want Scar to get away with saying that I let Fused Ivrine go. :D

It's actually quite good for me because I'm desperatly looking for a reason for Flax to go after Cracken.

I CAN'T FIND ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What kind of Sith is a conciencious, caring family man. If Flax killed him he might actually feel bad! :D

From the Evil Overlord List (http://www.eviloverlord.com/lists/overlord.html):

142. If I have children and subsequently grandchildren, I will keep my three-year-old granddaughter near me at all times. When the hero enters to kill me, I will ask him to first explain to her why it is necessary to kill her beloved grandpa. When the hero launches into an explanation of morality way over her head, that will be her cue to pull the lever and send him into the pit of crocodiles. After all, small children like crocodiles almost as much as Evil Overlords and it's important to spend quality time with the grandkids.

:D

edit: Fixed link. :p
 Admiral
11-13-2004, 1:05 PM
care to fix that link Red.
 BattleDog
11-13-2004, 1:59 PM
LOL

Except when Flax bursts in and Cracken says:

"Now explain to my granddaughter why you have to kill me"

Flax will kill him then explain. Poor logic, my heros all have IQs above 100.
 jokemaster
11-13-2004, 2:11 PM
Pore logic,
hehehehehehehehehe

Originally posted by BD my heros all have IQs above 100.
But they have pore logic and floorless skin.....
 BattleDog
11-13-2004, 2:17 PM
DAMM YOU!

I EDITED AS FAST AS I COULD

*Unleashes his most terrifying weapon on JM, Hal, after Allessa has told him she has a headache.*

*Hal proceeds to take out his frustration on JM with a lightsabre.*
 jokemaster
11-13-2004, 2:27 PM
Better Hal than her......
 Kuuki
11-13-2004, 2:31 PM
*scar casualy walks in and subdues the Jedi with his cattleprod of doom.

....and gives JM a kookee* ^_^
 jokemaster
11-13-2004, 2:32 PM
*clones kookee*
*eats the clones*
 Redwing
11-13-2004, 3:07 PM
DAMM YOU!

I EDITED AS FAST AS I COULD

The kicker is that you edited wrong. You want "pure" logic, not "poor" logic. :D

Flax will kill him then explain. Poor logic, my heros all have IQs above 100.
 Kuuki
11-13-2004, 3:11 PM
Damnit! I'm surprised I haven't picked that up! :D
 jokemaster
11-13-2004, 3:16 PM
I was gonna post that but then I thought, nah, it'd be overkill if I did it.
 BattleDog
11-14-2004, 10:21 AM
No, I was saying that your logic was poor, Red!
 Redwing
11-14-2004, 6:28 PM
Sure. If you say so. :D
 BattleDog
11-15-2004, 1:12 AM
I hate you.
 Redwing
11-15-2004, 2:22 PM
I love you too. :D

You put an assassin on a spacebourne warship, in hyperspace, and he isn't getting off for 36 hours. (...) Now Flax and Sellenna know where he definatly is on board so he really is dog meat. How the hell is he going to survive the next 36 hours?))

(...)

((What the hell does confertinations mean. Its not in my dictionary and I can't even find it with a google search.))

A) Depends who the assassin is, if it's 'sabaac man' then either Scar has to get creative or he's screwed. If he's one of the less arrogant assassins, who actually took some of the super-technology, depending on what he took he could have an out. Stealth, superpowered weapons, etc.

B) Confertinations = Confrontations.

Finally, as to Flax and Sophae knowing anything:

Independence: Rec Room

*In the far corner a small crowd were watching a tech and an engineer are playing a game of Sabbac. The the tech sat with his back away from the bar, and was embarassingly losing. The engineer sat there with his cap on, he was looking down at the table, so the brim of his hat obscured his face.*

Scar never did say this was his assassin. It could be just some random engineer guy who's good at sabaac. The assassin could be long gone. :)
 Kuuki
11-15-2004, 3:28 PM
a) yes, thank you. The idea was that it'd be Sabbac-man,. but reguardless even if thats the travel that needed to, I do have ways getting around the 'quote-unquote' month trip.

IE: the same method that Talon uses to get from planet to planet ;)

in anycase i was planning on a future plot between Sabbac-man and Talon, as in that the Sabbac-man was infact Davin (about after crisis, or jsut plainly 'after he died' (leave that one open later ;))) + 500yrs, just like Talon would be Talon in Forgotten (which he hadnt been introduced more directly into the story yet)

that aside, Davin would of course being a full fledged demon would obviously be stronger, faster, etc then a human. Plus that fact that he's been around for about as long as talon would, so he 'powers' could rival that of Talon's in crisis.

so technically agenst a Jedi, it would definately be no one-sided fight.

and yes, he did take some weapons too
nothing like a super equiped p-90 and a customised sword :)

b) thank you for the spell check ^_^

c) yup. and i could be a jerk and do that too...
 jokemaster
11-15-2004, 6:13 PM
Damn you all for not noticing my post. It was inspired by an uncle, a cousin, and I in a Llamborgini driving down the road and suddenly seeing a huge SUV that I swear, it could run us over and the driver would only feel a little bump.
 BattleDog
11-16-2004, 9:48 AM
As usual, Homeric First Last:

Red:

C: I sense a disurbance in the force, bear in mind that Sellenna (NOT Sophae) is very high on the empathic scale, like her sister and Flax is no slouch.

B: That was what I figured, he could have just put "problems"

A: Well yeah, thats my point. I'd be willing for an out if he hadn't just killed the guy.

Scar:

Putting aside my general feelings about Davin (I don't like the guy much, the Ivrines in PtH, they're fun) I would point out that the following are on the ship.

Flax: Megga-baddass-Sith-killing-Jedi

Sellenna: Lets just say she's not someone to play hide and seek with, she has all the abilities of her sister. Remember the cloaked assassin that would have put Starr to shame?

Drago: No longer immortal but still, the guy has 200,000 years of sword practice.

20 Random Jedi Warriors: For Coruscant

38 Agamarian Legions: Thats alot of housegaurds

The Security forces

3 Divisions of ground troops

Wedge: Nuff said.

So I don't see him getting out of this with his whole skin, maybe half.
 jokemaster
11-16-2004, 9:57 AM
Greer: Rose high in NRI, means automatic pwness in:
1. Counterintelligence
2. Interrogation
3. Investigating

Incoming:
The Vilnovs=more assasins

So your guy is probably screwed. Unless he can teleport.
 Redwing
11-16-2004, 11:01 AM
Sellenna: Lets just say she's not someone to play hide and seek with, she has all the abilities of her sister. Remember the cloaked assassin that would have put Starr to shame?

Drago: No longer immortal but still, the guy has 200,000 years of sword practice.

As for putting Starr to shame: That's what you think. :)

As for Drago: He's not immortal anymore? When did this happen? I must have missed something. o.O

As for Davin: I don't really care for him either, but it's possibly because I don't understand his character. (And think Goliath is too cliche ;))

A fight could be interesting here, if there was time for it to happen. (Remember who has to leave in about seven days)
 Kuuki
11-16-2004, 11:29 AM
okay, now that i know what he's up agenst, i might have to get more in detail about him now ^_^;

although a little bit ago while relieving my oneself, that well, he doesnt exactly have that option of teleporting out of there

IE: using demons to create a gravitmetric portal. in which the ship itself is traveling through hyperspace, that is theoretically impossible. I'm surpised i was the only one who caught that ^_^

anywho
Davin's intentions might actualy surprise you :D
you have Talon who's some form of a tyrant, who is a ruler over several worlds, and is practically the most powerful demons around (of his and davin's kind)
Davin on the other hand, has been around for just as long, and as a long standing grudge agenst Talon (if anyone paid attention, that was really really kicked it over by Talon basically taking Davin's kid and rasing as his own.)

so in another train of thought, there's this tyrant who's ruling over a **** loads of people. perhaps maybe there's an underground movement ;)
and that he did Flax a favor to knock off someone who's doing not so good things anyway, and is getting a few bucks on the side (Ie currency for this part of the galaxy that obviously with talon he just got in)
 BattleDog
11-16-2004, 2:04 PM
Red: Sophae created an illusion so convincing you all thought it was real and anyone who ran afoul of it thought they had died.

Drago fulfiled his quest during the Vamp crisis. Basically Scar's little rip in space time allowed his to do the mojo on Lelan and make her human again, via the immortal Micheal (Hay I can do cliche as well.) I thought it would make him more interesting if he had to care for a mentally disturbed wife than if he was a hard drinking unkillable warrior.

Plus I get to do the immortal thing in PtH.:D
 Redwing
11-16-2004, 6:35 PM
As Starr does every time you look at him...:)

And remember that fake Sith that Flax and everyone was totally fooled by before he knew Starr was a Sith? (If you don't remember, Starr created an illusion to make the others think they - he, rather - had killed off Cracken's apprentice.)

If Starr can fool Flax...:) (See how this illusion stuff goes?)

As for Drago: I thought the Immortals were a race in Mrear. You mean to say each Immortal has a quest which, upon fulfillment, makes them lose their immortality? :D

Oh, and something I missed mentioning before: Since when has Taklin killed a Sith? Ever?
 BattleDog
11-17-2004, 12:42 AM
Flax has killed lots of Sith, during the Civil War, then there was the duel with Cracken (technically a draw) and I'm sure he fourght some rebourne or something at some time.

I covered this at the time, some immortals are born to human parents and some are "made".

What is made can be un made.

Sellenna has had more practice, plus shes a woman and therefore can naturally qrap any man around her little finger.
 Redwing
11-17-2004, 6:36 AM
There weren't any Sith during the Civil War, unless Flax killed Palpatine and Vader (which, sorry, he didn't. ;))

Reborn suck, and don't count as Sith. :)

Since I don't know how old Sellena is, as you never posted her bio, I can't say whether she has more practice at illusions than Starr, but I doubt it, unless she has been spending a large portion of those years of her life devoting herself to the study of Dark illusions (there are no predecessors to study on for Jedi illusions, since the Jedi archives are gone and I don't think Corran Horn wrote a book, not that many pages of "I do it naturally and am totally better than Luke and all the other Jedi at everything except TK so I'm not totally godmoding but I still roxxor" would help a student much).

Remember Starr, to get many of his techniques (before you say anything, yes he has great inherent ability in illusions as well), has studied many, many teachings of the ancient Sith. I hope Sellena hasn't been. :)

As for the second part, either you're being facetious or the propaganda is working, in which case I shall say no more... ;)
 Writer
11-17-2004, 8:24 AM
Originally posted by jokemaster
Greer: Rose high in NRI, means automatic pwness in:
1. Counterintelligence
2. Interrogation
3. Investigating

Incoming:
The Vilnovs=more assasins

So your guy is probably screwed. Unless he can teleport.

My characters got dropped out of the story... what do you mean by 'incoming'? Are they actually going somewhere now? If so, where? (it scares me that I'm this much out of the loop concerning my own characters!:eek: :p :p )
Page: 3 of 5