Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Dark Lords Force Powers Mod (READY!)

Page: 1 of 3
 Darth Khasei
06-06-2004, 2:12 PM
I HAVE UPDATED THE DARK LORDS FORCE POWERS MOD. 15 new powers for KOTOR & ALL NEW SPAWN ON DEMAND FEATURE.

There is a full background story/pictorial write up on my site where the download is, but I will paste it here as well. Make sure to view the readme file especially if you have a custom spells file. These additions are VERY easy adds. Enjoy.

Sunstar Entertainment Inc. (http://www.sunstarentertainmentinc.com)

Direct Download of this mod only (http://www.sunstarentertainmentinc.com/kotor/DarkLordsFPmod.zip)

DARK FORCE POWERS*
==================

FORCE POWER-SITH TAINTED FLAME
-----------------------------------------------------------
This useful level 5 Dark force power shoots a wall of poison flaming human slurry onto the victim up to 10 meters away, forcing a fortitude save attempt to stave off the fire damage from the slurry as well as the combined virulent persistent poison effects. The initial force push and first stage flame/poison effect cannot be resisted. The poison attacks the victims nervous system, causing a loss of reflexes up to 50% for a short time. Cost 20 force points.

FORCE POWER-SITH FLAME OF DEATH
-----------------------------------------------------------
This powerful level 9 Dark force power shoots a massive wall of poison flaming human slurry onto the victim up to 17 meters away, forcing a fortitude save attempt to stave off the fire damage from the slurry as well as the combined virulent persistent poison effects. The initial force push and first stage flame/poison effect cannot be resisted. The poison attacks the victims nervous system, causing a loss of reflexes up to 75% for a short time. Cost 30 force points.

FORCE POWER-SITH SCOURGE
------------------------------------------------
This useful level 6 Dark force power attacks its victim with poison bacteria injected straight into the bloodstream up to 10 meters away. This forces the victim to make a will save attempt to stave off the onset of nervous system spasm and the combined virulent persistent poison effects. The poison attacks the victims' brain causing a loss of mental capacity for a short time. Cost 20 force points.

FORCE POWER-SITH PESTILENCE
----------------------------------------------------
This powerful level 10 Dark force power attacks its victim with massive amounts of poison bacteria injected straight into the bloodstream up to 17 meters away. This forces the victim to make a will save attempt to stave off the onset of nervous system spasm and the combined virulent persistent poison effects. The poison attacks the victims' brain causing a loss of mental capacity for a short time. Cost 35 force points.

FORCE POWER-SHIELD OF DEATH
---------------------------
This powerful level 11 Dark force power encases its victim in a death shield with shocking poison stun bolts up to 17 meters away. The victim is forced to save or be subjected to several types of damage from the stunning shock and poison. Cost 30 force points.

FORCE POWER-APOCALYPSE
----------------------
This awesome level 15 Dark force power attacks its victim with an explosive ground shaking super heated plasma flame ball up to 17 meters away. The victim is blown back and knocked down by the concussion of the massive ground level explosion, sustaining massive damage if not saved. Cost 40 force points.

NEUTRAL FORCE POWERS*
=====================

FORCE POWER-PHASE SHIFT
-----------------------
This awesome level 12 UNIVERSAL force power attacks its victim by literally shifting the molecules in the body temporarily making the victim disappear from head to toe up to 17 meters away. The victim sustains damage and is slowed by the effects once they reassemble. Obviously there is no guarantee that the victim will be reassembled correctly. Cost 35 force points.

FORCE POWER-ACCELERATED RECOMBINANT CHARGE (ARC)
------------------------------------------------
This extremely powerful high cost high return level 14 UNIVERSAL power, attacks its victim with a accelerated focused beam of poison macrobiotic particles up to 17 meters away. This forces the victim to make a fortitude save attempt to stave off the onset of an all out assault on the victims' respiratory system. The shock to the victims' entire body causes a hit to all of the victims' vital abilities of -4 for a short time. Cost 40 force points.

FORCE POWER-DEATH RAY
-----------------------------------
This deadly level 17 UNIVERSAL force power sends a hyperspeed electron ray through its victims body knocking them down and temporarily incapacitating them. The victim sustains massive damage and is in jeopardy of being literally obliterated by this attack. Because of this, it takes a larger than normal amount of force power to carry out an attack. Cost 65 force points

FORCE POWER-HURRICANE
-----------------------------------
This very powerful high cost high return level 14 UNIVERSAL force power attacks its victim with an electrical, debris laided, twisting windstorm. Shocked and twisting the victim is pierced by the flying high speed debris caught up in the force hurricane. The victim can sustain large amounts of damage from this unstoppable attack. Cost 45 force points.

FORCE POWER-ARCH ANGEL
------------------------------------
This very special level 16 UNIVERSAL force power allows you to summon an Arch Angel that has become one with the force. Once summond the Arch Angel will fight all enemies in the general area until all of the force has left its body. Be careful when and where you use this power. The life force does not allow the Arch Angel to follow you around as part of your group. It will not leave the general area where summoned so choose wisely as the force power costs are high. Cost 60 force points. Be advised that this is in the friendly force power slot(like Master Speed).

LIGHT FORCE POWERS*
===================

FORCE POWER-ICESTORM
---------------------------------------------
This useful level 7 Light force power attacks its victim with a carbonite ice jet up to 17 meters away. The victim is temporarily locked inside the icepack sustaining cold damage in the process. Cost 25 force points.

FORCE POWER-HAND OF LIGHT
This awesome level 11 Light force power attacks its victim by harnessing the light force from the caster into a focused sonic beam of energy, that slams into the victim at incredible speed up to 17 meters away. The victim sustains massive damage from the devastating blow. Cost 30 force points.

FORCE POWER-ICE QUAKE
This awesome level 15 Light force power attacks its victim with a devastating earth shaking ice sheet up to 17 meters away. The victim is knocked backwards and temporarily locked inside the icepack sustaining massive amounts of cold and other damage in the process. Cost 40 force points.
 Darth Khasei
06-06-2004, 6:20 PM
I checked my site stats and more than 50 people have downloaded it. It would be really nice to know your thoughts/feelings about the mod, thx. Hmm, maybe everyone is busy playing the game :p
 xxss
06-06-2004, 7:24 PM
Extremely cool, I love the combination of flame/poison damage with the effect of the force push together...

Downloading.
 Darth Khasei
06-06-2004, 8:48 PM
Glad somebody likes the DS like me:D This all started out fairly innocently when I wanted something that could disgust and repel those smart arses on Mananan without penalty of course. The Mananan choker and the Choke anyone mods are must haves for any true DS player.

In reviewing those scripts I realized that a new force power could be a nice addition to the DS players of the community. I thought about it more after seeing Lord of Illusions for the 100th time LOL.
While I enjoy most of the DS powers, I felt something more veil and disgusting was needed. So I started to work on this mod.

The original idea was just a taint that once activated anyone that comes too close to the DS PC would be replused and slightly poisoned due to the virulent nature of the force exuding from the DS player. However, once I got to tinkering I figured out that a new force power would be a better mod for the community at large.

I had to do ALOT of testing/adjusting to get all of the damage and visual effects to work correctly in combination with each other. I showed it to my nephew and he thought it was "totally cool" so I decided to release it upon the community. Hope you enjoy it.
 Lorden Darkblade
06-06-2004, 8:59 PM
Let me ask you something, could you make a Choke MOD but for every planets including Taris?
I know it is a lot of work but if you need any help I'm here.
Please just think about it.
It would be very nice!
 Darth Khasei
06-06-2004, 9:23 PM
Hey Reload check your Bandon thread bro:cool:

The choker mod up on PCgames by Tk102 is the one you want. That one chokes the closest non team member with a 17 meter range upon activation. Careful with it though because it can choke trough a closed door abd such. I accidently killed a prisoner I was to free using it once. :D
 Mav
06-06-2004, 9:25 PM
Cool looking mod, I would use it, but I play lightside only most of the time, but I will download it judt in case...:D
 Darth Khasei
06-06-2004, 9:28 PM
The penalty is minor by the time the power comes into play. Oh just wait my friend I have some AWESOME LS stuff in the works.
 Lorden Darkblade
06-06-2004, 9:33 PM
2 things:
1st: Very very very nice Force Power :D I loved it!
2nd: i dont know if this is supposed to happen, the description of the Power is not showing, instead I get this msg: Bad StrRef.
Have I did something wrong?

But still is a very good work!
Keep up with these good jobs! :cool:
 Darth Khasei
06-06-2004, 9:48 PM
Yeah It was recommended not to mess with the games string table files, although I have seen a couple of things done I could not do. SO it is correct, no name just the pictures of the powers and the badstrgref thingy is so that it does not crash and there is no need to provide an additional modded file.

Glad you like the force power. It took me a little more time than it should have, because getting the effects and scripting correct was a bear.

BTW, just a word of advice to those that want to mod that involves scripts(this is programming) SYNTAX! SYNTAX! SYNTAX! One wrong character or period here or there and the complier will NOT work. Also, make sure your script makes (computer) sense because evenyhough the varibles are defined, if they are not used correctly or incorretly combined with each other, the complier won't work. CHeers!
 Darth333
06-06-2004, 10:27 PM
Nice work! :) this is interesting to me since i made a force power that turns ennemies into allies during a certain amount of time. Right now i have it as an armband but i want to turn it into a real force power. Once this is done I also have to test it a bit more and get an icon (for this I have recruited the Super Photoshop Master: svцsh ) before releasing it.

Err...do you still want me to review the k_inc_force.nss? I chekced it earlier today and there are a few strange things... the destroy droid power wouldn't have any effects when compiled. Did that happened to you? I have no problem changing the duration of FP though. :confused:
 Darth Khasei
06-06-2004, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by Darth333
Nice work! :) this is interesting to me since i made a force power that turns ennemies into allies during a certain amount of time. Right now i have it as an armband but i want to turn it into a real force power. Pnce this is done I also have to test it a bit more and get an icon (for this I have recruited the Super Photoshop Master: Svosh ) before releasing it.

Err...do you still want me to review the k_inc_force.nss? I chekced it earlier today and there are a few strange things... the destroy droid power wouldn't have any effects when compiled. Did that happened to you? I have no problem changing the duration of FP though. :confused:

Svosh is one of my favorite modders, but I really like all of you guys. Glad you like the force new power. :cool:

That ID switch sounds off the hook! To be honest I never messed with the destroy droid power. I think it is one of those lite light side powers that I on the DS see as a bit of a waste. One or two good electric shocks or an Ion grenade does just fine with most droids in the game, that or a force jump strike and blammo! :bdroid2:

I've got a few more modding ideas in the works as it has become a bit of an addiction:devburn:
 meek
06-07-2004, 1:27 PM
Excellent ! And good background story too. I don't want to sound like your english teacher, but maybe you should pay more attention to spelling ;)
 Darth Khasei
06-07-2004, 3:44 PM
Thanks Meek. It was late when I wrote that up. I think spell check was not working:D

Glad you like the force power and the background story. I figured there needed to be some kind of story that helps explain where the powers came from and why they are DS oriented.

I was tinkering around with some scripting and visual effects stuff again and came up with some interesting stuff for new powers. Once I complete the testing and do the write up I'll release that as well.

PS.Love your DS art works.
 Darth Khasei
06-08-2004, 9:38 AM
A good ol bump for the 3 new powers added to the mod. Just click on the link in the original top post. The powers are detailed there and on the site with a full pictorial for your viewing pleasure. ENJOY!
 Colma Adawin
06-08-2004, 11:42 AM
hey Darth Khasei, your Dark force powers look amazing! but i was wondering if you could create a force power without poison? it just seems that your force powers are based apon poison and i was thinking, lets get some powers without poison? if thats ok with you. MattCole

P.S.
ITS MY 100th POST!!! HELL YEAH!!!
I JUST CANNOT BELEIVE I'VE DONE ONE HUNDRED POSTS!!!
I'M CHUFFED TO LITTLE MINT BALLS!!!
 Lorden Darkblade
06-08-2004, 1:24 PM
Originally posted by MattColejk
hey Darth Khasei, your Dark force powers look amazing! but i was wondering if you could create a force power without poison? it just seems that your force powers are based apon poison and i was thinking, lets get some powers without poison? if thats ok with you. MattCole

I agree, also another thing that I think is that you should perhaps think of not using visiual effects cuz in the movies there is no visual effects :D .
Still, they are very nice Force Powers!
Keep up with the good work :D .
 Colma Adawin
06-08-2004, 2:13 PM
Originally posted by ReLoaD2K
I agree, also another thing that I think is that you should perhaps think of not using visiual effects cuz in the movies there is no visual effects :D .
Still, they are very nice Force Powers!
Keep up with the good work :D .

if you Downloaded the mod which gets rid of the powers visually being seen and i must say it look a hell of a lot better with out the so called 'specail effects'
 Lorden Darkblade
06-08-2004, 2:24 PM
What MOD that take out the special effects?
 tk102
06-08-2004, 4:14 PM
Darth Khasei,

Here are a couple of entries in the dialog.tlk file that you could use in spells.2da if you thought they weren't too off-track.

(591 - Fire Pit)
(1381 - Fire)
(521 - Fire Grenade)

(594 - Fire pit - large)
(5859 - Flamethrower)
(16381 - Pillar of Fire)
(31410 - Grendade: Sith Fire)
(47371 - Fire that only genetically gifted people can use)
(42426 - Fire Breath)
(39576 - Explosion)

(1291 - Poison, Mild Weakness)
(1292 - Poison, Average Weakness)
(1293 - Poison, Virulent Weakness)
(6135 - Poison Grenade)
(43853 - Injection)

(41928 - Unknown Force Power)
(1386 - Force Power)
 Colma Adawin
06-08-2004, 4:21 PM
What MOD that take out the special effects?

yeah it gets rid of the stupid visual effects, i've got it but i don't know who made it, though it is on the new holowan plug-in 2 by T7nowhere at www.pcgamemods.com/6/)
 tk102
06-08-2004, 4:41 PM
Seprithro created that mod, called "Feel the Force".

See:
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=125221)
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=127635)

Try the Search function. It works wonders.
 Darth Khasei
06-08-2004, 5:24 PM
Hey guys glad you like the new powers. I knew about that mod and it is perfect for those that do not want the awesome visuals that come with the force powers in the game. They add a nice little bit of spice and variety to the game IMHO. But like Tk102 said, the mod is already out there that removes the force visuals, give it a shot.

Regarding the virulent aspect of these force powers. The poison and choke based scripts are the easiest to work with for a non programer like me. What I did do though is varied the poison effects so that each one has a different chance/level of poisoning. In addition, the type of damage, save chances, other damage aspects of the powers make them all different and unique. Poison is just "one" aspect of the scripts that has a chance to cause damage there are many others. These are multi tiered powers that attack the victim in several ways.

BTW, IMHO many of the force powers in the game are just too nice. These are supposed to be the most evil veil people in the galaxy, capable of wiping out entire planets. Those kinds of guys would be whipping biological weapons around like candy! LOL!

TK102, man I must have tried over 50 different visuals over the last few days. I'll give those entires a look asap.
 tk102
06-08-2004, 6:53 PM
TK102, man I must have tried over 50 different visuals over the last few days. I'll give those entires a look asap.

Just to make sure we're on the same page -- the numbers I listed there were for the 'name' and 'spelldesc' fields. You can search for other things too using KTLK or KotorTLK available on PCGameMods site.

in reference to this
Yeah It was recommended not to mess with the games string table files, although I have seen a couple of things done I could not do. SO it is correct, no name just the pictures of the powers and the badstrgref thingy is so that it does not crash and there is no need to provide an additional modded file.
 Darth Khasei
06-08-2004, 6:57 PM
Duh, Leaving my page, getting on your page:D
 Darth Khasei
06-09-2004, 4:29 PM
I updated the site with some shots of our Blood Red Revan robe. Masked and maskless.
 Eliser
06-09-2004, 7:37 PM
Is there a way I could safely add this to the Halowan plugin? I'd love to use these on a fresh DS character (I wanna try that alternate ending) but that plugin is too handy to trade off for these.

It has a spells.2da, but I think that's just the force replication power, so if I replaced it would it screw up anything (other than removing that power)?
 Rogue9dlb
06-09-2004, 7:39 PM
Your force powers sound pretty cool, will give them a try. Also, I'm glad to see another LOMAC player. Can't wait until 1.02 is out.
 Eliser
06-09-2004, 7:43 PM
Nevermind that question, much to my delight I noticed you included force replication (in the same rows too) in this 2da, so it seems safe to simply replace the halowan one with it.
 Darth Khasei
06-09-2004, 8:52 PM
LOMAC ROCKS!.

Yes you can safely use this file with the H-plug-in. It also includes the force choke and as you stated force replication entries in the spells.2da file to seamlessly fit the modding profile of the community leaders!
 Darth Khasei
06-10-2004, 4:39 PM
Working on a few more force powers. Just finished Firestorm. While it may sound like it is like Tainted Flame or Flame of Death it is not. Firestorm is more like a strong flamethrowing tornado type power. It does set the horrified victim on fire if he fails to save, but no poison. Icestorm might be the LS counterpart, still working on it. There are some others in the wings, just have to find the time to make and test them.
 Lorden Darkblade
06-10-2004, 4:46 PM
Good work mate!
If you ask me, the powers should be Dark Side :p :p :p
I love being Dark Jedi!
 Darth Khasei
06-11-2004, 9:04 PM
OK it looks like we have a limit in the spells.2da file of 143 entries:(

Stop the presses I was WRONG. I had made a human input error, actually two that caused my troubles. Nevermind the stuff I said about limits. Anyway back to modding:D
 Lorden Darkblade
06-11-2004, 9:31 PM
I was here already trying to say you to change mind and making 2 spells.2da 1 with you powers and the other with the other force powers but I think that wont be required anymore :D :D
Amd good luck with your MODs
 Darth Khasei
06-12-2004, 2:52 AM
Still finishing up on the latest tweaks and final touches on the new stuff.

Just so everyone knows these powers are right in line with the vast majority of the stuff in the game in terms of balance(ie. no super powers). In addition, I tried to keep them in a good progression in the game, so you can use them as a substitute or augmentation for the force powers already there. Cheers.
 Jackel
06-12-2004, 5:11 AM
DK , just put a note in the thread "noob installation question" for you in regards to the mod that lets you wear armour anyway here it is again

DK : the mod to use force powers while wearing armour shouldnt conflict at all with anything youve done , its just one coloum in the mod that needs to be changed for the force/armour one to work

there is a col. named forbiditemmask , just change all of them to 0x0000 and then they will work while you are wearing armour

ot :

youll see in the force jump line under rqditemmask is 0x0040 this the lightsaber code thing so that force jump only works with a lightsaber , you could change that to 0x0000 aswell to make it so you dont need a lightsaber to jump
 Darth Khasei
06-12-2004, 10:18 PM
Ok everyone it is finally ready. After a lot of hard work I have been able to update and at this moment "finalize" the Dark Lords Force Powers Mod. I have updated the top post in this thread to reflect all of the new details. I encourage everyone to download it as it updates the prior version. Cheers
 Lorden Darkblade
06-12-2004, 10:24 PM
YAHOOOOOO!!!!!!
I got a lil carried on!!!!
Cant wait to try those powers!!!!
They all should be Dark Side tho!! MWAHUAHUAHUHAUHAU.. LoL.
 Darth Khasei
06-12-2004, 10:40 PM
I know what you mean:D While the balance in numbers may be on the DS side, the actually powers themselves are quite balance for a DS or LS playerss. The two Uni powers would be a must for the LS player while more optional for the DS player.

There are a few nice little surpises with the powers
;)
 Colma Adawin
06-13-2004, 12:58 AM
Hey Nice Work you must be proud, i prefer to play LS and i WILL most defenetly DL whose!! i really like the

FORCE POWER-PHASE SHIFT

This awesome level 12 UNIVERSAL force power attacks its victim by literally shifting the molecules in the body temporarily making the victim disappear from head to toe up to 17 meters away. The victim sustains damage and is slowed by the effects once they reassemble. Obviously there is no guarantee that the victim will be reassembled correctly. Cost 35 force points

and the bit here:
Obviously there is no guarantee that the victim will be reassembled correctly.

thats becoz you've just phase shifted him so his molecule arent coming back to normal, thats MEAN! thats really a Darkside power, isn't it! LoL btw, EXCELLENT WORK, MattCole
 Darth Khasei
06-13-2004, 1:58 AM
Yeah that was really originally intended for the DS, but I needed another UNI power to balance it out a bit. You are going to love it:D Reassembly is painful. LOL!
 Colma Adawin
06-13-2004, 2:06 AM
Just used it on the unsuspecting people of tatoine but then i realised that i killed the gate guard, BUMMER!! thats the only thing to worry about, Everyone be careful where you use it! LoL Keep the Force Mods coming as i will be waiting! MattCole
 Lorden Darkblade
06-13-2004, 2:08 AM
Is it possible to make the powers useable in the "Fight Force Powers" menu?
Cuz in the friendly power it's kinda dangerous for morons like me :P
I once tryied to see if it worked and killed Roland Wann on Manaan :P
result: I had to start over cuz I didnt saved.
 Darth Khasei
06-13-2004, 2:09 AM
Yeah you have to be careful when using these powers in highly populated non combat areas. They work on a similar principal as the force choke "anyone" power. :D
 Darth Khasei
06-13-2004, 2:14 AM
Yeah that has always been an issue and that is just one reason to stop at 12. But, I have not found a way to do that, as a matter of fact I don't think it can be added to that area. Sorry the limits of the game.
 Colma Adawin
06-13-2004, 2:15 AM
Is it possible to make the powers useable in the "Fight Force Powers" menu?
Cuz in the friendly power it's kinda dangerous for morons like me :P
I once tryied to see if it worked and killed Roland Wann on Manaan :P
result: I had to start over cuz I didnt saved.

LOL nice one ReLoaD2K! :) :) :)

all your plans cruble before you like this zombie :zamn1:

no offence meant by this, MattCole

@ Darth Khasei

Originally posted by Darth Khasei
Yeah that has always been an issue and that is just one reason to stop at 12. But, I have not found a way to do that, as a matter of fact I don't think it can be added to that area. Sorry the limits of the game.

can you not use an original offencive force power eg lightning and use your force powers and compare, but i supose you would've tried that. MattCole
 Lorden Darkblade
06-13-2004, 2:16 AM
Dont be sorry!
You tryied!
VERY VERY VERY NICE MODs !
Keep up with the GOOD work!

Yeah, I fealt like that Matt :D :p
 Darth Khasei
06-13-2004, 2:37 AM
I NEVER intended any of this stuff to replace the original stuff so I did not try that. It might work I guess.
 Lorden Darkblade
06-13-2004, 2:54 AM
I was thinking, I have the Dark Side Choker but I dont have the Force Replicator, will they still appear on my Force Powers to choose when I gain level if I use your spell.2da?
Cuz I'm kinda lazy to rewrite all those powers on my spells.2da.
 Colma Adawin
06-13-2004, 3:00 AM
I was thinking, I have the Dark Side Choker but I dont have the Force Replicator, will they still appear on my Force Powers to choose when I gain level if I use your spell.2da?
Cuz I'm kinda lazy to rewrite all those powers on my spells.2da.

its all in the Read-me. MattCole
Page: 1 of 3