Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Dark Lords Force Powers Mod (READY!)

Page: 2 of 3
 Lorden Darkblade
06-13-2004, 3:03 AM
What is?
What I'm asking is if I'll have to remove then so they dont appear on my selection screen. I read the readme and havent seen anything about it.
 Darth Khasei
06-13-2004, 3:03 AM
You won't have the replicator entry because you don't have that mod. There is however, no need to enter any data even if you get it later as the spells.2da file has an entry in the correct place for it to work without data entry.
 Lorden Darkblade
06-13-2004, 3:22 AM
So, I dont need to "update" the spells.2da I can just put it on the Override folder?
 Colma Adawin
06-13-2004, 4:25 AM
it as simple as that, just place it in your OVERRIDE folder and then you can enjoy the EVIL force Powers that Darth Khasei has created for you. your chioce of powers are: poison, burning being frozen and an Excuriating phase shift where your molecules are scattered and maybe to never return?! ENJOY! BWHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

MattCole
 Darth Khasei
06-13-2004, 4:33 AM
Well yes and no. I made a small error and zipped the test spells.2da in the update. The are some minor errors ie. LS powers are all marked neutral and the icon for Hand of Light is incorrect.

The new zip is up and sorry for the error. Good thing the D/L is small.:)
 Lorden Darkblade
06-13-2004, 7:18 PM
I think I found a bug, or it is problem with my PC?
When I'm at the Leviathan and use the Phase Shift power all the textures kinda looks like if someone increased the shadow on them.
Almost everything goes black, but when I stop using the power it all goes back to normal.
Is this a problem with my PC or has happened with anyone else?
 Darth Khasei
06-13-2004, 8:37 PM
Yep, I found it too in the game when used in some areas the graphics go heywire, not good. This just means I'll need to replace phase shift's graphics effect to something else. We will see. I'll work on it later, gotta go. Good looking out.:D
 Darth Khasei
06-15-2004, 5:34 PM
Just a note, still working on getting a new graphic for Phase Shift, since some video cards are having trouble in certain game areas.

I think when I do the next update that will be fixed. I might also include the spawn enemies on command powers for those that like to fight in between the story and didn't feel like they got enough. Afterall, more Dark Jedi and a slew of Bounty Hunters should have been after you for most of the game especially after you become a Jedi.

Currently, I have a few groups for you to spanw to fight on command. 3 Dark Jedi, just like in the game(Lvl 16). Another one is 2 DJ and a Sith Appentice(Lvl 16-20). Next is 3-5 Mandalorians(Lvl 12). There will be another yet to be determined group of thugs maybe some Rodians or Rakatans and some Sith Students. I still have to figure out some balance issues.

I also figured out you can equip the NPC's anyway you like. SO, I may put a couple of valued items on the thugs for you to loot, should you survive of course:D Cheers
 Colma Adawin
06-15-2004, 5:58 PM
Sweet that will be cool, good luck with that i would defenetly download that one!!

MattCole
 tk102
06-15-2004, 6:00 PM
Are you going to release the .nss for these powers too?
 Darth Khasei
06-15-2004, 8:07 PM
Tk102, sure no problem. Nothing I do is a state secret:D

How did exams go Matt. I know you were a little tense because of them.
 Mav
06-15-2004, 10:07 PM
Awesome new powers man, but just one question, is the whole thing compatible with T7's Holowan Plug-in, what I mean is can I just replace the spells.2da that came with the plug-in, with the new one that comes with your force powers and still have the replication force power and stuff?
 tk102
06-16-2004, 12:11 AM
So are you going to re-zip your mod with the .nss then? (Maybe you did already... I can't connect to your site just now...).

Maybe upload to pcgm too?
 Darth Khasei
06-16-2004, 1:12 AM
Mav yes all you have to do is replace it. The new version will most likely have these entries. The Force replicator and Force choke are in the same slots as the originals so it will work no problem. CHeers.

TK102, I will put the nss files up on my site for you to download. I will keep them up for folks to download. I would rather not include them with the mod release as it is already 26 files and more with the spawn stuff. I don't want anyone to get too confused when using my stuff so I will keep them separate. Hmm, just checked my side site and it is down for some reason.

I'll make a note when they are up. Cheers.
 Mav
06-16-2004, 4:41 PM
Thanks Darth Khasei, these are some awesome new force powers I must say
 Darth Khasei
06-16-2004, 8:18 PM
These are the NSS files you requested. The Phase Shift Still needs to be updated. I may also make some final tweaks, if I can get targeting a little more precise.
TK's Request (http://www.sunstarentertainmentinc.com/kotor/NSS.zip)
 Lorden Darkblade
06-16-2004, 8:28 PM
That would be awesome!
 Darth Khasei
06-22-2004, 7:06 PM
Thanks to the input by the GREAT TK102, I am getting close to an excellent refinement of the force power targeting. I have gotten all of the powers to appear in the normal offensive force power targeting box, with labels, yippie!(Thx TK!). Also, now the more distant shopkeepers etc. should not be the first to be hit by the powers.

I have also found a replacement for the graphics for Phase Shift. The power will be altered slightly to reflect the new graphic you will see. The victims molecules still get tossed around, but now within a deadly "Death Cloud", instead of disappearing. There seems to be no way around some glitches in the graphics when you make stuff disappear, sorry.

I have also finished the first set of spawn on demand enemies. Currently I have Mandalorians(4), Sith Student Thugs(3), Dark Jedi(3), Sith Apprentice(3), Dark Master(3). These are groups of enemies that can be summoned to fight anywhere anytime in the game. For those of us that like a little more combat between missions, or just like to jump right into a good competitive fight without having to actually sit and play through quests in the process.

For those that have finished the game and want to pit your final PC against some additional 1 V 1 fighting. I have completed the first three K-1 type fighters. These can be summoned at anytime, but it is really for level 20 non-cheat enhanced PC's to test their skills in 1 v 1 deatchmatches against the badest Jedi/Sith/Bounty Hunters in the galaxy. As you work through the fighters they will be thougher to beat. Smart combat tactics and liberal use of life support packs will be needed to survive. Is your PC bad enough to beat the best of the best? We will see soon :D
 Darth Khasei
06-25-2004, 3:05 AM
Ok guys I have hit a slight snag and "REALLY" need your input. Currently, I have moved all of the Dark Lords Force Powers into the normal offensive menu. However, the way things are setup in order to have the spawn on demand fighters I previously spoke about I have to use the slots for passive force powers(The one where Master Speed is). The problems is the number of items for those slots. If I keep what I have now its 5 slots for groups and 5 more for the individual champion masters.

Now depending on the number of force powers like Master Speed, Valor etc. in those slots, it could get a little cluttered for LS players. So, I can use the 5 slots for the groups and just one slot for the Champion Masters. What would need to be done in order to fight say Exar Kun, would be to rename the included utc file from dk_ekun.utc to dk_k1.utc. dk_k1.utc would be the file called when you press the K1 menu icon in the game. However, if you then wanted to fight Darth Bane. You would have to exit and rename his utc file to K1.

OR I could just limit the number of groups to 4 and include say 6 masters with their own menu icon and no file renaming would e needed.

Any thoughts? As soon as you guys tell me what to do, I'll release the new mod with improved targeting a couple of new powers and the fighters. Cheers.
 Darth Khasei
06-25-2004, 2:15 PM
I take by the number of reads, yet no responses that you guys are going to leave it to me. Well, right now I am leaning towards using 10 slots in the passive force menu. That way there is no need to rename files.

Just an small update. I finished refining and streamlining the force power scripts. They work better now vs the current d/l and are more precise in targetting. They are also harder to stop with saves by the victim. My next post here will be when the mod is done and ready for d/l cheers.
 Mav
06-25-2004, 2:17 PM
Cheers man I can' t wait for the updated versions of the force powers, just one question though, but you can answer it later or whenever, are the force powers still going to be down in the Friendly Force Powers menu or are you going to move them to the Offensive Force Powers menu?
 Lorden Darkblade
06-25-2004, 2:41 PM
I didnt replyed cuz I didnt understood what you were asking :p
 Darth Khasei
06-25-2004, 4:16 PM
Opps, I guess I could have been clearer:D

No the Force Powers will be moved to the normal force power offensive menu over the target like the other offensive force powers. The spawn on demand fighters will be in the friendly forces menu.
 darth makaan
06-25-2004, 8:51 PM
very nice mod. can ya add force crush?
 Darth Khasei
06-26-2004, 6:41 AM
I was up late last night "finishing" things up. Today when I woke up and went to put the final touches on things, "EVERYTHING" was hosed! Ah, but I did not panic, although my spells file seemed corrputed. I was lucky enough to have saved a working backup, but forgot about it until about halfway through troubleshooting. :rolleyes: Oh well so goes modding.

Ok, there is no force crush, however there are 3 new powers(Surprises), the graphic fix update on Phase Shift, and the Spawn on demand figthers mod stuff. Almost done.
 Lorden Darkblade
06-26-2004, 8:46 AM
I cant wait to try it out!!!
Sounds VERY VERY VERY AMAZING!!! :D :D :D :D
Release soon please!!!!
 Jasrak
06-26-2004, 9:49 AM
Hmm well I know i'm going to sound utterly n00bish but here goes- I've downloaded the zip file on the first page, read the readme (nice description/backstory :D ) and unzipped everything into my override folder. Now for some reason I cant get the powers in-game or through the savegame editor. What am I doing wrong?
 Darth Khasei
06-26-2004, 5:22 PM
Don't worry. Use KSE and check the box that says show all powers. The new powers and a bunch of other non player items will appear on the list. The powers will now be viewable and you can select and save them from there. Once you re-enter that saved game inside, the powers will be there. BTW, the new version will be out asap.
 Mav
06-26-2004, 7:34 PM
Darth Khasei, I love your force powers man so take all the time you need, we all understand that perfection takes time :D
 Lorden Darkblade
06-26-2004, 7:47 PM
Originally posted by maverick187
Darth Khasei, I love your force powers man so take all the time you need, we all understand that perfection takes time :D

HEY HEY!! Dont say that!! I need those improved Force Powers ASAP!!! :D :D
hehehehe joking :P
Yeah man, he's right, take all the time you need.
I love your Force Powers!:D :)
 Darth333
06-26-2004, 7:50 PM
Darth Khasei: I found the solution to solve the targetting problem at 100%. I posted the solution in the Mind trick thread: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=1555837#post1555837)

We were heading the wrong way. Source is included in the new download of my mod.
 Darth Khasei
06-27-2004, 7:15 PM
Hello all. I have updated the top post and link for the UPDATED Dark Lords Force Powers Mod, which now includes a total of 15 new force powers for KOTOR and the spawn enemies on demand
feature.

I hope that you all enjoy the force powers and spawning fighters when and where "you" want. I have worked hard on this mod and enjoyed almost every moment :D hoping to provide something the community found of use. Hopefully I have done that.

I would like to extend a wholehearted thank you very much to TK102, Darth333 and all of the modders and participants in this wonderful forum. Now go kill some meatbags! :p
 Mav
06-27-2004, 7:34 PM
Okay I'm sorry, but a real quick question, what is the spells.2da file you include compatible with? what I mean is, force replication? Darth333's updated mind trick, etc. etc.

Thanks,
Mav
 Darth Khasei
06-27-2004, 7:42 PM
EVERYTHING!:D
 Darth333
06-27-2004, 7:48 PM
Good work Darth Khasei!
Just want to mention something about the spells.2da file: i see that you included TK102's Darkside Choker in row no. 135. However, the .uti points to no. 132. I asked TK permission to include a modified .uti for the armband in my package and he gave me the permission to do so. Consequently, I included a .uti that points to row no. 135 in my download package.

oh and nice website Darth Khasei :)
Would be nice to have access to the source code ;)
 Lorden Darkblade
06-27-2004, 7:59 PM
Ok, I was looking to the spells.2da and they are different from Darth333's.
Why? The range thing is different, and some other things to.
And I already have the new spells.2da with the accuracy problem.
So what do I do now?
I usually only update my one but after this I'm cofused.
 Mav
06-27-2004, 8:07 PM
Thanks for making these awesome Force Powers Darth Khasei I just put the updated versions in my game and everything is working great, Cheers.

Mav
 Darth333
06-27-2004, 8:47 PM
Originally posted by ReLoaD2K
Ok, I was looking to the spells.2da and they are different from Darth333's.
Why? The range thing is different, and some other things to.
And I already have the new spells.2da with the accuracy problem.
So what do I do now?
I usually only update my one but after this I'm cofused.

Just another comment on range, Darth Khasei:
if you look at the .2da file, youll see that
M is used for offensive FP ( I think it's smedium range)
P is used for FP that affect only the PC and the party
S is used for powers that affect large groups of ennemies

That is why i used the M range for the MInd Trick. Could you also bring the following modification to the spells.2da concerning the Mind Trick?
- Good/Evil: G ( i specifically wanted to make a ls force power with all the bonuses/penalties that may apply - I discussed this with svцsh who also participated in the making of this power and it was a common decision)
- Category: 1201 ( the 1808 category applies to force powers and stimulants that boost the attributes)
- Range: M
- Hostile settings: 1 ( if the FP is hostile, this should be set at 1)

Lorden Darkblade
06-27-2004, 8:55 PM
Now what I should do?
 Darth333
06-27-2004, 8:58 PM
Get Darth Khasei's spells.2da file since it's more recent than mine ( I included his old version of the spells.2da in my download) and bring the modifications i mentioned I my post just above concerning the mind trick. You can get the .uti for TK012'sDarkside choker in my package.

*edit* the spells .2da modification is no longer required: Darth Khasei uploaded a new version of the file*

make sure you have version 2.1 for the Mind trick
 Lorden Darkblade
06-27-2004, 9:02 PM
I'll do that, thanks for the explanation :D :p
 Darth Khasei
06-27-2004, 9:32 PM
Hmm, my other note got porked. Ok, Darth333 I changed everything per your instructions an uploaded the new file. Sorry about those changes, but I forgot to change everything back. I'll do whatever is needed to keep everything inline with community standards.

Glad someone likes the sites. A little tediuos but fun.
 svцsh
06-27-2004, 9:33 PM
Darth Khasei Please change Darth333 power back to what it was. It was made for Ls player specifically due to fact they are so totally unbalanced when it comes to the force. Some of us rarely tread the dark path and it’s nice to have some rewards for our efforts that are not tainted by the dark side

svцsh
 Darth333
06-27-2004, 9:34 PM
Thanks Darth Khasei: i appreciate that :)
 Lorden Darkblade
06-27-2004, 10:05 PM
Hate to say but still there are some wrong things.
In the end the itemtargeting thing is wrong.
Its supposed to be "****" but it is "1"
 Darth333
06-27-2004, 10:12 PM
Itemtargeting should be set to one only for armbands and droid stuff. For Force powers it is set to **** :)
 Lorden Darkblade
06-27-2004, 10:14 PM
Then what I should do?
Its the Mind Trick that is settled to 1.
What I should do?
 Darth333
06-27-2004, 10:19 PM
Darth Khasei probably forgot this one: there are many colums. set it to 0 but make sure hostile setting is at 1.
 Lorden Darkblade
06-27-2004, 10:21 PM
0?!
But in yours one is this like this: ****
The hostile is wrong too. I'll fix it.
 Darth333
06-27-2004, 10:23 PM
Erm.. sorry , i mean **** and not 0
Page: 2 of 3