Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Dark Lords Force Powers Mod (READY!)

Page: 3 of 3
 Lorden Darkblade
06-27-2004, 10:25 PM
No problem :D :D
Thanks for telling me.
I'll try the MOD out now.
Thanks Darth333.

And I think he's powers are wrong?
All of them is itemtargeting 1 and hostile ****
What now?
 tk102
06-27-2004, 11:02 PM
I just want to say I also enjoyed your website. The screenshots add so much.

I didn't know The One was such a good stuntman (he rivals Trask).
 Darth Khasei
06-28-2004, 1:00 AM
Darth333 I see I must have misunderstood your prior post so I changed it, too many late nights and things going on.

Reload, the stuff for the for powers I made is fine as is no need for changes:D I am glad you spent the time to get the powers and thanks so much for you continued support!

TK102 thank you for coming by, I am glad that you like the site and the photos. The One was a one man whipping post for testing these powers. He seemed shocked everytime which is kind of funny. Cheers.
 Lorden Darkblade
06-28-2004, 1:20 AM
I'm glad I could help :D
 Lorden Darkblade
06-28-2004, 8:22 PM
I had to ask this, are some of your powers suppose to have the name: "Force Power" only?
I only noticed that now.
 Darth333
06-28-2004, 8:54 PM
Contrary to items, we can't add new names and descriptions to force powers without editing the .tlk table which wouldn't be practical: 5MB download for a few words. So we have to search for existing entries in the tlk table that fit the new force power.
 Lorden Darkblade
06-28-2004, 9:03 PM
I see :D
I understand that now.
 Mav
06-28-2004, 11:39 PM
yea a 5 MB download wouldn't take too long if you have broadband, but is it really necessary for a few words....lol
 Darth Khasei
06-29-2004, 12:52 AM
Good one Mav. BUt an 88kb d/l X********** vs a 5mb d/l X*****
is big on the bandwidth size:D
 tk102
06-29-2004, 12:52 AM
You could knock out 4Meg of that by compressing it with WinRar, but that just another file to keep straight with others... 2DA files are bad enough to synchronize. :p

I did suggest a bunch of possible spell names on the first page of this thread, but DK must've thought they were all poor. ;)
 Darth Khasei
06-29-2004, 1:34 AM
Not at all TK I used many of them the ones with flame or poison.
 Fitzwilliam
07-17-2004, 5:02 PM
What a great mod this is :) The Force powers are awesome and creative. Thank you for your work!

I do have a couple of question :O

1. This may be a fluke. But for some reason the force powers on my force powers menu are not working well? Some of them when I click on them say Badstr function (or something like that).

But they work perfectly in game and that is the only area I have trouble. It just looks like that menu is messed up a bit after installing the mod.

No big deal, but any ideas? Did I do something wrong maybe?

2. This may be completely* unrelated to this mod, but I did want to ask just in case. I was in combat and the camera was moving around a bit and then the screen went black except for the mouse. I could hear the battle and I could access the inventory screens and such, but when I left the menus it was still black.

Anyway, those are my questions.

Otherwise, no problems at all and the mod is fantastic! The force powers are amazing and the ability to spawn extra enemies is so much fun during the course of a gaming session.

Thank you!
 Colma Adawin
07-17-2004, 6:07 PM
Originally posted by Fitzwilliam
This may be completely* unrelated to this mod, but I did want to ask just in case. I was in combat and the camera was moving around a bit and then the screen went black except for the mouse. I could hear the battle and I could access the inventory screens and such, but when I left the menus it was still black.

i've had this problem, its got nothing to do with the mod, have you got any unique heads? becoz i've got the Holowan Plug-in 2 which gives you new heads and then i DL a Mission skin and i could move , fight and veiw my menu but i couldn't see (black screen) then i re-install the Holowan plug-in 2 and then i can see what im doing :D

hope this helps

MattCole
 Darth333
07-17-2004, 6:26 PM
Originally posted by Fitzwilliam

1. This may be a fluke. But for some reason the force powers on my force powers menu are not working well? Some of them when I click on them say Badstr function (or something like that).

It's because of the spells.2da file: Darth Khasei edited the file so it would not conflict with Gameunlimited's Force Replication mod and my Mind Trick Force power that turns ennemies into allies during 23 seconds. He also made room for TK102's Darkside choker armband but it is an armband so it does not a ppear in the selection screen.

If you want to access those force powers and prevent the bad str message from appearing, you have to download them separately:
Mind trick: http://www.pcgamemods.com/5904/)
Force Replication: http://alvin777t.tripod.com)
Darkside Choker: http://www.pcgamemods.com/5271/)
(for the darkside choker, use the .uti included in my mind trick download instead of the original one - read the readme , it's all explained)

I am currently working on an all-in-one package for all the mods that use spells.2da in order to avoid conflicts. ( I got the permission of all the authors but I am waiting for some info from Darth Khasei before releasing it)
 Fitzwilliam
07-17-2004, 6:40 PM
Great! Thank you for the help :)
 Darth333
07-17-2004, 6:57 PM
oh and use the spells.2da that comes with Darth Khasei's force powers.
Page: 3 of 3