Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Customized Darkside Transitions(pics) Need input.

Page: 1 of 1
 Darth Khasei
06-02-2004, 1:33 AM
Ok its what it says. I have customized my male PC transitions to the DS. I felt the in-game transitions were ugly and too exterme. Tell me what you think.

Just hit the Knight of the Old Repuplic button and it will load the screenies for your viewing. Am I on the right track?

Sunstar Entertainment Inc. (http://www.sunstarentertainmentinc.com/index.html)
 Mav
06-02-2004, 3:33 AM
If you ask me they are good, but my opinion on this matter is not to be taken too seriously since I don't play the game on the darkside.
 T7nowhere
06-02-2004, 3:55 AM
It's alright up until the last transition. Although there should be some consistency, it looks strange how the Tattoo's get darker the farther to the DS he goes(as though there coming out of his face and not tattoo'd on). Maybe just have parts of the tatoo appear at each transition. also maybe the eye color change can wait until he is further along the DS path. Thats just my opinion though make it however looks good to you.
 Darth Khasei
06-02-2004, 5:46 AM
Thx for the responses guys, I will take your comments under advisement and try to make some improvements.
 Pnut_Man
06-02-2004, 1:07 PM
Well,

The veins and the wrinkling/deteorating of the skin made the dark side face transition for me ;)
 Darth Khasei
06-02-2004, 1:15 PM
Oh goody you like the transitions. I changed all of my PC's to have a more gentle less alien looking transition, but still enough to let you know something is different.
 Amezaroth
06-02-2004, 1:36 PM
the tattoos are cool, though they could partially appear when you reach the slightly dark phase and some more parts in the next phase and so on, and yes I know I'm only repeating T7's ideas...

but still they are very cool skins none the less
 Lorden Darkblade
06-02-2004, 2:24 PM
Well, I like your MOD but I would not use it in my game, now let me explain why, I already think that the ones that come in the game are too "light" I want a worse one...
But I dont know how to do, so if you know and could do some to me I would appreciate :p :p :p :p .
But I do think it is a very nice work :D
 buhallin
06-02-2004, 2:42 PM
Damn i had a real worse one for u Reload2k today.
So aweful that i deleted the final .tga file under seconds...i made it by an accident (give me folders in override folder and an anti chaos tool there), but it was looking so horrible .
I mean it not looked "wrong" but so damn horrible.

When i think back to it im not longer hungry....
 Darth_ToMeR
06-02-2004, 2:43 PM
I think you should remove the red eyes and the red hair.
DS Character should be darker. And other thing. I just don't like this head (not the texture, but the model), i think he is too big, so maybe that is the problem.
 Darth Khasei
06-02-2004, 5:07 PM
Thx. I think a little adjustment on the near end tattos is in order as well as an eye color change being more gradual.
 Eliser
06-02-2004, 10:09 PM
The tat's in the final picture constrat a little too starkly with the skin for my tastes, doesn't seem to look natural. Maybe a bit of blur around the edges would help?
Page: 1 of 1